Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,169 members, 7,835,912 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of Jankara, Bombata Markets - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of Jankara, Bombata Markets (21055 Views)

Governor Sanwo-Olu Orders The Arrest Of A Soldier For Illegally Riding Okada / Sanwo-olu Orders Probe Of Pupil Sent Out Of School Over Obi’s Poster / LASG Gives 2 Weeks Ultimatum To Illegal Occupants Of Jankara Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of Jankara, Bombata Markets by lendahand(m): 8:29am On Oct 09, 2023
Lagos us truly a land in the midst of water
Re: Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of Jankara, Bombata Markets by omoadeleye(m): 8:29am On Oct 09, 2023
Hehe
Re: Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of Jankara, Bombata Markets by djseanjohn77: 8:30am On Oct 09, 2023
SoNature:

Madam or whatever gender you are, my point is simple: government should start using all the levies they collect from those market women to fix their markets. We should stop living and behaving like animals in this part of the world. Dem no swear for us!

The government is not the problem, but those that rent a shop and bring their family member from village to rent space in front of the shops for shanties, these are the perpetuators of evil. Removing the shanties will kill no one. Both the taskforce and the shanty owners that give and take bribe to allow the criminality are offenders.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of Jankara, Bombata Markets by Kakamorufu(m): 8:30am On Oct 09, 2023
The caption is misleading though undecided
Re: Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of Jankara, Bombata Markets by iyke2frankeze: 8:30am On Oct 09, 2023
Corrinthians:
There's enough space to accommodate you and your brothers and sisters in the East. You may all relocate there. After all, y'all brag about taking your investments back home.

This should be a no brianer. Go home.
At least you have acknowledged that all shops in the market belong to the Southerners
Re: Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of Jankara, Bombata Markets by Sleekfingers: 8:32am On Oct 09, 2023
Dreal1247:
Hope there is adequate plans to get the traders relocated to avoid economic hardship.

Relocate to where? If dem expect anything from the government, dem go wait tire
Re: Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of Jankara, Bombata Markets by tollyboy5(m): 8:32am On Oct 09, 2023
SoNature:
I love this. I often wonder why markets in Nigeria don't have cemented floor. Whenever it rains, everywhere becomes like shit! The day I visited the Ketu market and Ladipo Spare parts market after rains, I nearly threw up! I kept wondering how those people were comfortable selling in such disgusting markets.

In the pictures below, notice the difference between the Nigerian market and the Indian market. The Indian market is tiled while the Nigerian market wasn't tiled. This is almost like tradition in this country.
The India part is a well organized market. The Nigeria one is just people selling anywhere.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of Jankara, Bombata Markets by Globad(f): 8:32am On Oct 09, 2023
Dreal1247:
Hope there is adequate plans to get the traders relocated to avoid economic hardship.

Who is supposed to have a relocation plan for someone who decides to set up a shop on a drain or an illegal place?

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of Jankara, Bombata Markets by Fgovernor: 8:33am On Oct 09, 2023
Corrinthians:
Do I look like a give a shit about your opinion or that of any other iboe around here? Once it is Lagos or any other parts of the west y'all come out barring all fangs. The same was said to be in the offing in Anambra and other parts of that blighted landscape, but just like the bald witch called Ezekwesili, y'all lost your voices. Not a single grunt was uttered.

You lot think too highly of yourselves. You've gotta take a rain check sometimes and tell yourselves the truth. Oh, sorry, to do that, one has to be human first. My bad.

Now you can crawl the Bleep on. I'm sure your kind, other iboes, are waiting for you down the line. Cheers.
Chai, Yoruba and mouth

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of Jankara, Bombata Markets by rinzaugustine: 8:34am On Oct 09, 2023
Corrinthians:
There's enough space to accommodate you and your brothers and sisters in the East. You may all relocate there. After all, y'all brag about taking your investments back home.

jankara market is predominately Yorubas unless you have not been to Lagos before

3 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of Jankara, Bombata Markets by Kpartners: 8:35am On Oct 09, 2023
Corrinthians:

This one doesn't even know where Jankara market is

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of Jankara, Bombata Markets by Globad(f): 8:35am On Oct 09, 2023
SoNature:
I love this. I often wonder why markets in Nigeria don't have cemented floor. Whenever it rains, everywhere becomes like shit! The day I visited the Ketu market and Ladipo Spare parts market after rains, I nearly threw up! I kept wondering how those people were comfortable selling in such disgusting markets.

In the pictures below, notice the difference between the Nigerian market and the Indian market. The Indian market is tiled while the Nigerian market wasn't tiled. This is almost like tradition in this country.

Your observation is right. The Nigerian market environment is usually filthy and disgusting

The same applies to motor parks.

I don't know why the ground surfaces can't be screeded and kept clean..

Anyway, how do Nigerians even treat tiled roads? They throw filth and refuse everywhere

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of Jankara, Bombata Markets by MadamExcellency: 8:36am On Oct 09, 2023
Corrinthians:
Do I look like a give a shit about your opinion or that of any other be around here? Once it is Lagos or any other parts of the west y'all come out barring all fangs. The same was said to be in the offing in Anambra and other parts of that blighted landscape, but just like the bald witch called Ezekwesili, y'all lost your voices. Not a single grunt was uttered.

You lot think too highly of yourselves. You've gotta take a rain check sometimes and tell yourselves the truth. Oh, sorry, to do that, one has to be human first. My bad.

Now you can crawl the Bleep on. I'm sure your kind, other iboes, are waiting for you down the line. Cheers.

Is it not too early to take those things?

Imagine running helter-skelter and in the end, you responded like a junkie in a bid to sound bigoted and clannish.

5 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of Jankara, Bombata Markets by stuffs2002: 8:36am On Oct 09, 2023
IIGB0S will start wailing now.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of Jankara, Bombata Markets by Fgovernor: 8:37am On Oct 09, 2023
stuffs2002:
IIGB0S will start wailing now.
Chaii, Yoruba and mouth
Re: Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of Jankara, Bombata Markets by Draslo(m): 8:37am On Oct 09, 2023
a4cube:
All the markets mentioned are small markets for mainly Yoruba peasants. I have not even heard of them before apart from Jankara where you guys buy human parts for protein and ritual purpose.
Sad little man
Re: Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of Jankara, Bombata Markets by olaolulazio(m): 8:38am On Oct 09, 2023
Corrinthians:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of Jankara, Bombata Markets by REALretep(m): 8:41am On Oct 09, 2023
Morbeta11:

He cautioned residents of the areas against blocking the drains, noting that their way of life and behaviour contributed to the problem.

According to him, no matter how deep the drains are, they will get blocked if people continue to dump refuse in them.
Mr. Governor, you should go beyond cautioning people to do the right thing.
You should put concrete measures in place to catch and sanction defaulters. This should be the way to go so as to entrench proper behaviour
Re: Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of Jankara, Bombata Markets by 7demons: 8:41am On Oct 09, 2023
IDENNAA:

If you were dd.u.mb you would have known these market are populated by Yoruba people...tribalism is a disgrace
Don't mind the bastărd. Later they will say it's people from SE are the most tribalistic. Very bitter soul people as you see them. If you check Very well, he might be from Ogbomosho local government cheesy cry

4 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of Jankara, Bombata Markets by Rahkman: 8:42am On Oct 09, 2023
Corrinthians:

anytime this one hear market na igbo man come in mind,I guess igbo don own the entire markets for Nigeria, mumu benue man,no be una fulani dey kill like weytin I no understand ,for ur info jankara na human parts market so e no affect igbo man in any manner ,the ppl wey e go affect know themselves

6 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of Jankara, Bombata Markets by Calitoscassius(m): 8:42am On Oct 09, 2023
Corrinthians:
Do I look like a give a shit about your opinion or that of any other iboe around here? Once it is Lagos or any other parts of the west y'all come out barring all fangs. The same was said to be in the offing in Anambra and other parts of that blighted landscape, but just like the bald witch called Ezekwesili, y'all lost your voices. Not a single grunt was uttered.

Is this rubbish supposed to make sense? My head hurts trying to read this crap. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of Jankara, Bombata Markets by Kog45(m): 8:44am On Oct 09, 2023
Corrinthians:

Why going tribal on simple and honest opinion…there is no need insulting the Igbo on this matter…mind you am a yoruba like you.

Let’s stop this tribal stuff.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of Jankara, Bombata Markets by Afonjacrusder(f): 8:47am On Oct 09, 2023
Corrinthians:

Illiterate werey dey claim phonetics. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of Jankara, Bombata Markets by 7demons: 8:47am On Oct 09, 2023
Corrinthians:

At this your age you are having this bitter mindset againstyour fellow human??
The same black skin color??
What will you do when you do when you get to 40yrs?? You are the type that maim people out of envy and probably when you get up to 60yrs (I doubt you'd make the cut) will become a full blown Wizard killing people in their sleep. Bitter envious soul.
I spit on your entire generation.

4 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of Jankara, Bombata Markets by juman(m): 8:48am On Oct 09, 2023
Action governor.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of Jankara, Bombata Markets by Mosba: 8:49am On Oct 09, 2023
Dreal1247:

There are still vehicles going to Anambra, Abia, Akwa Ibom etc they should join the queue
Re: Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of Jankara, Bombata Markets by juman(m): 8:50am On Oct 09, 2023
At least half of lagos population need to go to other states.

Jagaban, make our economy viable so that one can live in any state and be successful.

Jagabannnnnnnnn.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of Jankara, Bombata Markets by Keme4Real(f): 8:54am On Oct 09, 2023
Let the breath pour
Re: Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of Jankara, Bombata Markets by DEBJOCH1(m): 8:56am On Oct 09, 2023
JANKARA THE SKULL MARKET, BOMBATA THE MISCRIANT EMILOKAN FOOT ARMY MARKET AND DWELLING PLACE, THATS A VERY GOOD ONE. INFACT SANWOLU HAS MY PERMISSION TO DEMOLISH ALL THOSE MENTIONED MARKET. ALL TH RETARD WILL KNOW THAT CLEANLINESS IS NEXT TO GODLINESS.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of Jankara, Bombata Markets by Emotionss: 8:56am On Oct 09, 2023
Nice development.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of Jankara, Bombata Markets by Enice(m): 8:56am On Oct 09, 2023
Dreal1247:
Una self! Relocated to where? So if you carry out an illegal act, you need to be compensated! It's time you go to that utopia you think exist.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of Jankara, Bombata Markets by ezenna191(m): 8:57am On Oct 09, 2023
Illegal markets and structures have been the bane of our environment. People prefer to build on water ways, then seek sympathy when government calls for demolition

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PDP Crisis: Northern Group Rejects Atiku, Endorses Wike As Party Leader / Buhari Dispatches Onyeama As Special Envoy To Benin Republic / Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.