Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:04 PM

Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy (21016 Views)

Things Will Be Harder Than Before, President Buhari Warns Govs, Leaders / Buhari Warns Amosun Over Anti-party Activities / Boko Haram: Buhari Warns Nigerians Against Politicising Soldiers’ Deaths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by zakim(m): 9:48pm On Jul 21, 2019
The Alaafin of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi, on Sunday, sent an open letter to President Muhammadu Buhari and warned him of looming anarchy in the country, if the siege on Yorubaland by herdsmen and kidnappers are not taken serious by the president. Alaafin, who listed the recent spate of insecurity in Yorubaland by herdsmen and their collaborators, lamented that President Buhari was not doing enough in addressing the menace. The monarch said Yorubas had all it takes to resort to self help, unless the security in the zone improves and people are guaranteed safety of their lives and property.

Titled, “Yoruba Question in Nigeria Conundrum”, Alaafin said, “I have never been timid or shy of my total support for the success of your administration to deliver the country to the Promised Land. “My confidence had always been based on Your Excellency’s ability, fitness and competence in leading the country to the Promised Land, where Law and Order prevail, individual liberty is guaranteed, economic well-being of the citizens is assured.

“That my confidence in Your Excellency remains unshaken to date. In recent time however, I am worried about the security situation in the country, especially in the South West geo-political zone, nay the entire Yoruba-speaking area of the country including Kwara, Kogi and Edo states. “This has to do with the incessant and increasing menace of Fulani herdsmen that have laid siege in almost all the highways of Yoruba land.

Whether in Owo, Akure, Ilesa/Ife-Ibadan road or Ibarapa zone and Ijebu area of Ogun state, the story is the same. “I have held series of consultations with opinion moulders and eminent Yoruba leaders across board about the menace of these cattle herdsmen with such assault like raping of our women and in some occasions, in the presence of their husbands. That is apart from massive destruction of our agricultural lands; which ultimately points to imminent starvation.

“On top of it all is the menace of professional kidnappers usually in military uniforms. What is more worrisome about the kidnapping notoriety is what looks like impunity which these kidnappers enjoy their nefarious activities.” He said after due consultations with Yoruba leaders and as the pre-colonial head of the Yoruba nation, Alaafin said people are worried by the audacity of these lawless people in effecting their illegal acts in broad daylight on our usually bushy highways without any arm of security being able to do anything.

“Worse still is the confidence with which they demand ransoms and collect such illegal levies at designated spots without any arm of security being able to lay siege on them as it was the practice in the recent past. “Now, we cannot even talk of parading suspects, when in actual sense, no major arrests have been made in this part of the country.

Without arrests, we cannot talk of their facing of the law. “Unfortunately, and painfully indeed, in the face of the apparent helplessness of our security agencies, where do we go from here? “It is at the wake of this manifest frustration of our people that our people have found it unavoidable, even though reluctantly to resort to alternative measures to safeguard their lives and property. “Suffice to say that in most part of Yoruba land, their pre-colonial military structures have not been totally collapsed.

Hence, such structures like Odua People’s Congress, Agbekoya and other vigilante groups. “Having stated the above, and having established my premise as a stakeholder in your administration in the firm belief that we all believe in the Nigeria project, kindly permit me, Mr President, to make the following points and submissions as the Alaafin of Oyo, the King and Head of all Yoruba at home and in the Diaspora and the Chief Custodian of Yoruba culture and values,” he noted.

He pointed out that the people of Yoruba land in the traditional six states of the South-West geo-political zone and extending to some parts of Kogi, Kwara and Edo states live in palpable fear because of new wave of insecurity of lives and property they now witness on a daily basis and which is alien to them.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/alaafin-writes-buhari-warns-against-looming-anarchy-in-nigeria.html

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by royalnose: 10:01pm On Jul 21, 2019
Iku Baba Yeye! am glad you are beginning to see that Bihari is only concerned about the welfare of Fulanis and the Muslim west Africa. Pls tell him o, perhaps he will hear you. Kabiesi o

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by JudgeOGBUNABALI(m): 10:05pm On Jul 21, 2019
Lilwayne the useless lagoon chief priest won't say anything. Useless Corrupt ex cop

94 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by huptin(m): 10:06pm On Jul 21, 2019
Oya o, Buhari defenders come and tell us that Alaafin is lying, it's not Fulani doing the kidnapping it is Evans from kirikiri!
Since I was born now I am old I have never seen a group of people half as deluded and self conceited as Buharists, I swear.

146 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by OlujobaSamuel: 10:08pm On Jul 21, 2019
Hmmmmmmm, Buhari as a General is eminently qualified to be a President, but as President, there is a big question mark to his post as a General.
Good at combat but lacks strategy and communication skills.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by babdap: 10:12pm On Jul 21, 2019
Iku has spoken.

3 Likes

Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by JubrinElSudan: 10:22pm On Jul 21, 2019
Nice one. At least he was bold to shun political correctness and call them what they are, Herdsmen!! Though he fuckedd up where he said he still is confident that Buhari will take the country tothem promised land. I wonder who promised us any land as Nigerians

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by Racoon(m): 10:51pm On Jul 21, 2019
“My confidence had always been based on Your Excellency’s ability, fitness and competence in leading the country to the Promised Land, where Law and Order prevail, individual liberty is guaranteed, economic well-being of the citizens is assured...."
What a paradox.A clueless man is always a clueless man.Pls Yoruba, always speak the truth as it.

God bless Fela, OBJ, Ayodele Fayose, FFK, Ayo Adebanjo, Pa Fasoranti, etc."If you stand for the truth, you will always stand alone."-Lucky Dube.

79 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by AntiBalaka: 11:06pm On Jul 21, 2019
OlujobaSamuel:
Hmmmmmmm, Buhari as a General is eminently qualified to be a President, but as President, there is a big question mark to his post as a General.

Which combat strategy or doctrine is the senile goat known for?

Is it gunning down unarmed Yoruba civilians protesting Awolowo's arrest n 1965 ?

Or is it in leading a pack of mainly Northern NCOs in the dead of the night to kill fellow Igbo officers and their families at the Ikeja cantonment in 1966?

If he was so good a soldier and an officer why was he not dispatched to the front lines into Biafra but was handed the most insignificant commission of patrolling the Adamawa Cameron border area?

The man has no single clue what it means to be a soldier talk more of a strategist.

60 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by aolawale025: 11:20pm On Jul 21, 2019
We can pretend or face reality
Things are no longer at ease

9 Likes

Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by MayorofLagos(m): 11:28pm On Jul 21, 2019
Kaabiyesi O!

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by MayorofLagos(m): 11:30pm On Jul 21, 2019
JudgeOGBUNABALI:
Lilwayne the useless lagoon chief priest won't say anything. Useless Corrupt ex cop

I will appreciate that you talk kindly of my King.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by EdoBoyJazzie: 11:34pm On Jul 21, 2019
I agree with him 100%.
Kabiyesi!!!!

10 Likes

Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jul 21, 2019
That man has ear infection. He does not hear. Maybe the alafin should inscribe the writings on a cow (in Hausa language of course), then he may be able to decode the message

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by mrgreen4real(m): 11:54pm On Jul 21, 2019
The cow-head president doesn't listen to pple. The devil that allowed this man to be born is a bastard

13 Likes

Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by FarahAideed: 11:55pm On Jul 21, 2019
OlujobaSamuel:

Keep fooling yourself ok , which combat strategy ? For your information Buhari is the hand behind the Herdsmen

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by pcicero(m): 11:57pm On Jul 21, 2019
MayorofLagos:

Though the man is a major let down but he is still the Oba of Lagos. Personally, as a Lagosian I respect the stool not the man.

9 Likes

Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by YorubaHero12: 12:14am On Jul 22, 2019
Alafin of Oyo, iku baba yeye, alase ikeji orisa have spoken.

Baba is trying to tell Buhari that we are gradually being pushed to the wall and the time for retaliation against the killer Fulani herdsmen is near if not already here.

I think Buhari is too rigid and it’s a mistake for voting him back coz how the hell will he still be keeping the IG of police and other security personnel when the nation is burning with none of the Fulani herdsmen being arrested or convicted.

The north should realize that when the majority of the carefree Yorubas wakes up completely, then the cup of the Fulani will be full coz it will lead to a full blown southern alliance and the nation will have no alternative than to end up in chaos if the status quo is not changed.

Yorubas are the only tribe keeping this nation as one, we act like the buffer between the north and the rest of the south, if this Fulani issue is not nipped in the bud, then a lot will happen in the following few months.

Kudos to Alafin.

27 Likes

Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by FRESHG(m): 12:36am On Jul 22, 2019
zakim:
The Alaafin of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi, on Sunday, sent an open letter to President Muhammadu Buhari and warned him of looming anarchy in the country, if the siege on Yorubaland by herdsmen and kidnappers are not taken serious by the president. Alaafin, who listed the recent spate of insecurity in Yorubaland by herdsmen and their collaborators, lamented that President Buhari was not doing enough in addressing the menace. The monarch said Yorubas had all it takes to resort to self help, unless the security in the zone improves and people are guaranteed safety of their lives and property.

Titled, “Yoruba Question in Nigeria Conundrum”, Alaafin said, “I have never been timid or shy of my total support for the success of your administration to deliver the country to the Promised Land. “My confidence had always been based on Your Excellency’s ability, fitness and competence in leading the country to the Promised Land, where Law and Order prevail, individual liberty is guaranteed, economic well-being of the citizens is assured.

“That my confidence in Your Excellency remains unshaken to date. In recent time however, I am worried about the security situation in the country, especially in the South West geo-political zone, nay the entire Yoruba-speaking area of the country including Kwara, Kogi and Edo states. “This has to do with the incessant and increasing menace of Fulani herdsmen that have laid siege in almost all the highways of Yoruba land.

Whether in Owo, Akure, Ilesa/Ife-Ibadan road or Ibarapa zone and Ijebu area of Ogun state, the story is the same. “I have held series of consultations with opinion moulders and eminent Yoruba leaders across board about the menace of these cattle herdsmen with such assault like raping of our women and in some occasions, in the presence of their husbands. That is apart from massive destruction of our agricultural lands; which ultimately points to imminent starvation.

“On top of it all is the menace of professional kidnappers usually in military uniforms. What is more worrisome about the kidnapping notoriety is what looks like impunity which these kidnappers enjoy their nefarious activities.” He said after due consultations with Yoruba leaders and as the pre-colonial head of the Yoruba nation, Alaafin said people are worried by the audacity of these lawless people in effecting their illegal acts in broad daylight on our usually bushy highways without any arm of security being able to do anything.

“Worse still is the confidence with which they demand ransoms and collect such illegal levies at designated spots without any arm of security being able to lay siege on them as it was the practice in the recent past. “Now, we cannot even talk of parading suspects, when in actual sense, no major arrests have been made in this part of the country.

Without arrests, we cannot talk of their facing of the law. “Unfortunately, and painfully indeed, in the face of the apparent helplessness of our security agencies, where do we go from here? “It is at the wake of this manifest frustration of our people that our people have found it unavoidable, even though reluctantly to resort to alternative measures to safeguard their lives and property. “Suffice to say that in most part of Yoruba land, their pre-colonial military structures have not been totally collapsed.

Hence, such structures like Odua People’s Congress, Agbekoya and other vigilante groups. “Having stated the above, and having established my premise as a stakeholder in your administration in the firm belief that we all believe in the Nigeria project, kindly permit me, Mr President, to make the following points and submissions as the Alaafin of Oyo, the King and Head of all Yoruba at home and in the Diaspora and the Chief Custodian of Yoruba culture and values,” he noted.

He pointed out that the people of Yoruba land in the traditional six states of the South-West geo-political zone and extending to some parts of Kogi, Kwara and Edo states live in palpable fear because of new wave of insecurity of lives and property they now witness on a daily basis and which is alien to them.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/alaafin-writes-buhari-warns-against-looming-anarchy-in-nigeria.html
ALHAJI BOLA AHMED TINUBU IS OUR ONLY TRUE LEADER IN YORUBA LAND

MAY ALMIGHTY ALLAH BLESS PMB/PYO

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by Firefire(m): 1:30am On Jul 22, 2019
Iku’Baba’Yeye, as one of your subjects whom you awarded a befitting High Ranking Chieftaincy, I reserved my comments sir.

Kabiesi oooo

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by Paperwhite(m): 4:43am On Jul 22, 2019
Karatum:
That man has ear infection. He does not hear. Maybe the alafin should inscribe the writings on a cow, then he may be able to decode the message
cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by guru03(m): 4:52am On Jul 22, 2019
huptin:
Oya o, Buhari defenders come and tell us that Alaafin is lying, it's not Fulani doing the kidnapping it is Evans from kirikiri!
Since I was born now I am old I have never seen a group of people half as deluded and self conceited as Buharists, I swear.

They are deaf like their Pay master. They will run away from this trend.

6 Likes

Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by johnmartus(m): 5:00am On Jul 22, 2019
Shut up and stop derail thread use your brain this matter is beyond Islamic or christianity. And nobody accuse Buhari for sponsore herdsmens they only blame him for his inability to bring the culprit to book.
royalnose:
Iku Baba Yeye! am glad you are beginning to see that Bihari is only concerned about the welfare of Fulanis and the Muslim west Africa. Pls tell him o, perhaps he will hear you. Kabiesi o
Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by 9jahotblog: 5:42am On Jul 22, 2019
The coming of Buhari has taught me something.
Well, it taught me that integrity doesn't solve leadership problems but skills do.
Buhari has no single leadership skill in him.
Credit : maiyegun diary politico

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wF5WLj1ia7w

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by Infinityk: 7:13am On Jul 22, 2019
MayorofLagos:

Which stupid king
Is it that bastard oba of Lagos?
A bullet should b put into his skull
Note:I'm Yoruba

11 Likes

Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by orisa37: 7:18am On Jul 22, 2019
Supported.

"Ki Olodumare bukun fun o: ki O si pa o mo".

Thanks for this timely warning to Buhari on his Fulanisation, Bokoharam and Terrorism Project.

May God grant you and your peers wisdom, power and might to deal with such wrecklessness of the present administration.

3 Likes

Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by AntiBalaka: 7:24am On Jul 22, 2019
Waiting for I-Shaq paraga Akintola of MumuRIC to condemn the Alaafin

Meanwhile, the useless mods will never push this to FP because it debunks the Evans narrative coming from that frog-eyed gbana Lord.

10 Likes

Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by orisa37: 7:31am On Jul 22, 2019
Buhari has unpopular agenda, so he won't listen until he is miraculously driven out of power and out of Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by OlujobaSamuel: 7:33am On Jul 22, 2019
AntiBalaka:

Which combat strategy or doctrine is the senile goat known for?

Is it gunning down unarmed Yoruba civilians protesting Awolowo's arrest n 1965 ?

Or is it in leading a pack of mainly Northern NCOs in the dead of the night to kill fellow Igbo officers and their families at the Ikeja cantonment in 1966?

If he was so good a soldier and an officer why was he not dispatched to the front lines into Biafra but was handed the most insignificant commission of patrolling the Adamawa Cameron border area?

The man has no single clue what it means to be a soldier talk more of a strategist.
Buhari family, babu comprehension.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by OlujobaSamuel: 7:35am On Jul 22, 2019
FarahAideed:

Keep fooling yourself ok , which combat strategy ? For your information Buhari is the hand behind the Herdsmen
Have you also turned a bubu family that you can't understand a simple short statement?
Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by mrvitalis(m): 7:39am On Jul 22, 2019
Alafin should show us the cow

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen: Alaafin Adeyemi Writes Buhari, Warns Against Looming Anarchy by AntiBalaka: 8:01am On Jul 22, 2019
Any topic that exposes fulani occupation of Afonja land will never make FP.

This should tell you who now owns NL.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yerima Shettima: Nnamdi Kanu Is Evil, Sponsored To Destabilize Nigeria / Saraki,Dogara,Emeka Ihedioha At Opening Of Young Parliamentarians Forum(pics) / Audu Maikori Will Be Prosecuted - El-rufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.