Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,186 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

What Is The Grace Period Before A Quit Notice Is Served? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What Is The Grace Period Before A Quit Notice Is Served? (1437 Views)

Your Tenant Refuses To Quit After Issuing Him/her A Quit Notice, What Next? / Giving A Quit Notice To A Tenant. / When Is It Right For A Landlord To Give Quit Notice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Grace Period Before A Quit Notice Is Served? by webmastern(m): 11:12pm On Oct 21, 2011
Hello house. I have a property in lagos. There are two tenants whose rents expired in may this year. These tenants signed in the agreement that the tenancy agreement will be terminated once they owe for up to 4 months.
Now, my caretaker is telling me that the law states that a tenant can only be served quit notice 6 months after his last rent expired. And also, the quit notice will run for another 6 months before the tenant is taken to court.
Pls, experts in d house, shed more light on this cos i tort what the tenant signs in an agreement stands.
Re: What Is The Grace Period Before A Quit Notice Is Served? by webmastern(m): 9:21am On Oct 22, 2011
Re: What Is The Grace Period Before A Quit Notice Is Served? by spyder880(m): 8:55pm On Oct 22, 2011
Any property lawyers in the house?

(1) (Reply)

Supply Coloured And Embossed Aluminium Coils For Roofing Sheets / 4 Plots Of Land For Sale - Seaside Estate, Badore-ajah / Plots Of Land For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.