Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

EFCC Arrests Six Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Uyo - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / EFCC Arrests Six Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Uyo (8962 Views)

EFCC Arrests Six Yahoo Boys In Enugu (Photo) / EFCC Arrests Six Suspected Internet Fraudsters At Ilorin Airport / EFCC Arrests Six Suspected Yahoo Boys In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Arrests Six Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Uyo by Thonyb(m): 6:09pm On Oct 09, 2023
Operatives of the Uyo Zonal Command of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, have arrested six suspected internet fraudsters along Calabar-Itu road in Uyo Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State.

The acting head of media and publicity of EFCC, Dele Oyewale disclosed this in a statement obtained by our correspondent in Uyo on Monday.

Oyewala revealed that the suspects were arrested at the early morning sting operation on Thursday, October 5, 2023, following intelligence linking them with suspected internet-related activities.

He mentioned them to include; Udenze Benjamin, Godwin Atike, Emmanuel Francis, Adebe Oluwademilade, Anietie Brownson and Sabastin Obioma.

The statement noted that some items were recovered from them such as phones and laptops noting that they would be charged to court at the end of the investigations.

The statement in parts, “Operatives of the EFCC, have arrested six suspected internet fraudsters along Calabar-Itu road in Uyo Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State following intelligence. Some items recovered from them include phones and laptops.

“They will be charged to court as soon as investigations are concluded.”

https://.ng/2023/10/09/efcc-arrests-six-suspected-internet-fraudsters-in-uyo/

Re: EFCC Arrests Six Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Uyo by Tinubustar: 6:14pm On Oct 09, 2023
They are not lazy youths, they just can't see a paying job and they must eat.
It's called survival now in Nigeria not fraud, because everyone even the government are fraudsters.🤫🤫☺️☺️

Please contact me for your Academic assignments & Programming chat up on WhatsApp- see number on my signature below 👇

16 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Six Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Uyo by Nobody: 7:12pm On Oct 09, 2023
Tinubustar:
It's called survival now in Nigeria not fraud, because everyone even the government are fraudsters.🤫🤫☺️☺️

Very good analysis my brother. And what must be done to fraudsters whether they are in the govt or on the streets? They must be caught and dealt with. If you are on the streets then don’t get caught. If not face the music. Simple.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Six Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Uyo by otomatic(m): 8:22pm On Oct 09, 2023
I don't understand how they were arrested along a road.

5 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Six Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Uyo by Jcomtrader: 8:23pm On Oct 09, 2023
And the former governor of akwa ibom is still walking

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Six Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Uyo by godwinstringed1(m): 8:23pm On Oct 09, 2023
angry grin
Re: EFCC Arrests Six Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Uyo by Programmer47: 8:24pm On Oct 09, 2023
DominusPrime:

Very good analysis my brother. And what must be done to fraudsters whether they are in the govt or on the streets? They must be caught and dealt with. If you are on the streets then don’t get caught. If not face the music. Simple.

It's very sad but this is the reality on ground. Government fraudsters have the backing of the Government, and only need to compromise to the figure at the top.
That is why you see men like Fashola & Co being reduced to the sidelines. I strongly believe these men (Fashola especially) would have been beneficial to Nigeria but probably one or two cases of fraud (contracts , chop I chop, etc) compromised these men to the extent that , they have to play along or get victimized

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Six Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Uyo by Johnchrix(m): 8:27pm On Oct 09, 2023
Say no to crime, embrace legitimate source of imcome for sustainable development.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Six Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Uyo by Tinubustar: 8:30pm On Oct 09, 2023
DominusPrime:

👍👍 Correct.
Re: EFCC Arrests Six Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Uyo by ikechukwu150: 8:31pm On Oct 09, 2023
Z
Re: EFCC Arrests Six Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Uyo by mrjoeblinks: 8:31pm On Oct 09, 2023
Ehen?
Efcc Don dey catch people for road?🤦🏽

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Six Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Uyo by Ofunaofu: 8:32pm On Oct 09, 2023
Jcomtrader:
And the former governor of akwa ibom is still walking

EFCC have been reduced to going after young boys
Re: EFCC Arrests Six Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Uyo by Siberia01(m): 8:33pm On Oct 09, 2023

WAZOBIA
Re: EFCC Arrests Six Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Uyo by saintnegroid(m): 8:35pm On Oct 09, 2023
Tinubustar:

Please contact me for your Academic assignments & Programming chat up on WhatsApp- see number on my signature below 👇
so that's why they must loot you to survive... Amen
Re: EFCC Arrests Six Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Uyo by Higherthan: 8:37pm On Oct 09, 2023
Biafran citizens 😀. And they’ll be among those fools shouting and lamenting about our darling president forging result…bloody zombidients.
Re: EFCC Arrests Six Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Uyo by panpan(m): 8:37pm On Oct 09, 2023
The Supreme Court has held that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) does not have the powers to prosecute offenses that are not corruption cases and that the only corruption cases it can investigate are cases involving the movement of cash from Nigeria to foreign countries and corruption cases involving federal finances, being a creation of federal law.

EFCC should not arrest anybody unless the allegation is about "illicit financial outflow from Nigeria", or "corruption cases involving federal finances".

EFCC should stop harassing a particular group of young men just because they appear to be doing well financially.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests Six Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Uyo by Tinubustar: 8:40pm On Oct 09, 2023
saintnegroid:
so that's why they must loot you to survive... Amen

And the pain went straight to a very high fraudulent being somewhere crying 🤫😁
Re: EFCC Arrests Six Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Uyo by Abalado(f): 8:49pm On Oct 09, 2023
Even most of the EFCC themselves are Yahoo Yahoo self,

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests Six Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Uyo by Codes151(m): 9:27pm On Oct 09, 2023
Just phone and laptops hence they are yahoo boys
Re: EFCC Arrests Six Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Uyo by etcme(m): 9:53pm On Oct 09, 2023
Sometimes I wonder how these EFCC operatives work.

You arrested someone on intelligence report. Ask them what they report is all about now, they will tell you "Their neighbours said they are always at home pressing phone and laptop". That's the only intelligence report they have.

These people don't know that in this Internet age, you can be earning more than a bank staff from the comfort of your home.

Everything is "yahoo" to them.

Arrant nonsense

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Six Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Uyo by Emmy000seun(m): 11:53pm On Oct 09, 2023
I wonder bro,, I suspect a foul pls take 😂😛😛...not even that they have a car, only seize phone..lol...
otomatic:
I don't understand how they were arrested along a road.
Re: EFCC Arrests Six Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Uyo by Nicepoker(m): 1:54am On Oct 10, 2023
How on earth is calabar ITU road in uyo L.G.A.
Re: EFCC Arrests Six Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Uyo by emani03(m): 3:58am On Oct 10, 2023
At this point, I give up on u.

Didn’t you hear that the drug president forged results?

True or false?
You are lost!

Higherthan:
Biafran citizens 😀. And they’ll be among those fools shouting and lamenting about our darling president forging result…bloody zombidients.
Re: EFCC Arrests Six Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Uyo by GardenOfGod(m): 6:36am On Oct 10, 2023
Yorubas and Igbos... Brothers in crime coluding together to stain the image of the great Akwa Ibom people. grin grin
Re: EFCC Arrests Six Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Uyo by Higherthan: 8:57am On Oct 10, 2023
emani03:
At this point, I give up on u.

Didn’t you hear that the drug president forged results?

True or false?
You are lost!

Morning, child of perdition.
Re: EFCC Arrests Six Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Uyo by KingRoiz: 12:24pm On Oct 10, 2023
These ones no get Political Oga na why dem catch them....
Sure yahoo boy de pay their dues and dine for government houses

(1) (Reply)

Www.paxful.com Is A Fraud And Scammer Site, The Founder Is A Scammer / Kayode Fayemi Grants Clemency To 18 Prisoners / Thugs Attack Thunder Blowers Online In Zamfara, Wound Editor, Destroy Tools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.