Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,600 members, 7,816,491 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

NYSC Decries Rejection Of Corps Members By Employers In The North-East - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Decries Rejection Of Corps Members By Employers In The North-East (12086 Views)

Monthly Budget Of A Youth Corper Serving In The North / N20,000 Shared To Corps Members By Gov. Udom Emmanuel In A'ibom / NYSC: How Employers Use Corps Members As Slaves – Coordinator, Attah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC Decries Rejection Of Corps Members By Employers In The North-East by Otulented: 8:38am On Oct 10, 2023
Make dem send their pikin go there na
Re: NYSC Decries Rejection Of Corps Members By Employers In The North-East by wittywriter: 8:38am On Oct 10, 2023
NYSC becoming a crap/scrap program.

Wittyness.
Re: NYSC Decries Rejection Of Corps Members By Employers In The North-East by Finestgurlie(f): 8:42am On Oct 10, 2023
shortIGBOman:
IGBO land don cast. Business are folding up. Hunger wan finish people and Simon Ekpa's Boys are making matters worst.
nlfpmod Mukina2 mynd44 Seun
Rule 2
Re: NYSC Decries Rejection Of Corps Members By Employers In The North-East by Charlie2020(f): 8:42am On Oct 10, 2023
Only a mad person would accept posting to NE

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Decries Rejection Of Corps Members By Employers In The North-East by gabbytabby: 9:08am On Oct 10, 2023
nlfpmod:

https://gazettengr.com/nysc-decries-rejection-of-corps-members-by-employers/

We keep telling them all this demonising people online has far reaching consequences. Who wants to employ people that they do not trust. A lot of people used to have option of continuing employment after service especially in the North but now that is changing.
Re: NYSC Decries Rejection Of Corps Members By Employers In The North-East by gabbytabby: 9:12am On Oct 10, 2023
Wetin Delta and Bayelsa dey do for the list after 13% derivation if not that people get one chance government.

oyeb15:
When some state government cannot afford ordinary 5k monthly for corpers posted to cover their shortage of public schools teachers, they want private businesses to accept them.

States like Ekiti ,Gombe,Ondo ,Osun, Benue, Delta,Edo ,Bayelsa , yobe, etc pays corp member nothing.
Re: NYSC Decries Rejection Of Corps Members By Employers In The North-East by cooljude(m): 9:17am On Oct 10, 2023
nlfpmod:

NYSC no smart..... It's actually Corp members rejecting themselves so that they could apply for redeployment

1 Like

Re: NYSC Decries Rejection Of Corps Members By Employers In The North-East by Major7: 9:20am On Oct 10, 2023
olakraft:
LOL, they're now begging employers to accept corps members?

NYSC has outlived its relevance, the scheme is a waste of money and time. If the government wants to save money and boost the economy, NYSC is one of those unnecessary things that need to be scrapped in this country.

Let the NYSC employees be diverted to other agencies. The soldiers working for them should go back to the Nigerian Army.

You seriously have no clue about what you're talking about. Is it nysc that's holding Nigeria back economically or it's bad governance The scheme has been connecting people for job, marriages, uniting us and providing wide experience in so many ways. That's a little way of giving something back to it's citizens rather than just collecting every time and you want it gone? Did you even serve at all? Please don't answer it,I already know cheesy
Re: NYSC Decries Rejection Of Corps Members By Employers In The North-East by Major7: 9:28am On Oct 10, 2023
spiSeyi:
NYSC should be scrapped angry , it contributes nothing to the economy it's just an avenue to loot and f*ck anyhow.
NYSC should replaced be with
1 3 months of compulsory military training which will empower every citizen to be self-defensive (bandits, UGM, robbers, kidnappers and all criminals will think twice before attacking anyone. ).
2 3 compulsory months of entrepreneurship training in major areas of the economy which empower graduates to be self-employed.
Then the government will give all participants a non-interest loan of 2M to start a venture (this will distratically reduce the unemployment rate in Nigeria and increase our IGR) because the government spends more than 2M on each corp member with no tangible returns as we speak. Counterproductive programs like NYSC are one of the reasons why productivity has declined in Nigeria

All you've said is the direct opposite of wisdom in display if you don't know. You can enroll for your own personal military training by joining the recruit for self defense. Nysc has helped me in a very big way and now,I have employed people working for me and that way,I have given back by provision of job instead of waiting for the government to do everything. What have you giving back I guess you went for your own service year just to Bleep angry one of Nigeria problems spotted undecided
Re: NYSC Decries Rejection Of Corps Members By Employers In The North-East by Major7: 9:32am On Oct 10, 2023
shortIGBOman:
East don cast. Business are folding up. Hunger wan finish people and Simon Ekpa's Boys are making matters worst.

Tribalism will not let you read the news or the headline properly 😕. Better open your eyes ki o to ma so jagbajagba.
Re: NYSC Decries Rejection Of Corps Members By Employers In The North-East by Agboogashi: 9:48am On Oct 10, 2023
The employers are not even happy that corpers posted to their volatile areas agree to serve under terrible security environment persists there.
Re: NYSC Decries Rejection Of Corps Members By Employers In The North-East by spiSeyi: 9:56am On Oct 10, 2023
Major7:

All you've said is the direct opposite of wisdom in display if you don't know. You can enroll for your own personal military training by joining the recruit for self defense. Nysc has helped me in a very big way and now,I have employed people working for me and that way,I have given back by provision of job instead of waiting for the government to do everything. What have you giving back I guess you went for your own service year just to Bleep angry one of Nigeria problems spotted undecided
You are consoling yourself grin and how did you know that I went to NYSC to Bleep. Nigeria unemployment rate among the youth is currently at 53% rate of which 70% of Nigerian youth went for NYSC. Do the maths man, FYI I am a data and AI engineer doing well for myself and inspiring others home and abroad. We are not talking of your type of employer that pays below the minimum wage. Who among the developed nations in the world is into the wasteful NYSC type of programs undecided . Google, Meta and the silicon valley tech startups emerge from productive education program and government grants. The US was able to achieve 97.1% of employment rate because of its entrepreneurship programs not NYSC or any form of jamboree. NYSC as outlive its usefulness cool

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Decries Rejection Of Corps Members By Employers In The North-East by Lanre1st(m): 10:05am On Oct 10, 2023
Maybe corpse member in the past have over fvck their girls.
Re: NYSC Decries Rejection Of Corps Members By Employers In The North-East by Faposky95: 10:07am On Oct 10, 2023
nony43:
Maybe they don’t have money to pay corp members.
It's 20 years I served...same ni
Ko so wo

1 Like

Re: NYSC Decries Rejection Of Corps Members By Employers In The North-East by Major7: 10:08am On Oct 10, 2023
spiSeyi:

You are consoling yourself grin and how did you know that I went to NYSC to Bleep. Nigeria unemployment rate among the youth is currently at 53% rate of which 70% of Nigerian youth went for NYSC. Do the maths man, FYI I am a data and AI engineer doing well for myself and inspiring others home and abroad. We are not talking of your type of employer that pays below the minimum wage. Who among the developed nations in the world is into the wasteful NYSC type of programs undecided . Google, Meta and the silicon valley tech startups emerge from productive education program and government grants. The US was able to achieve 97.1% of employment rate because of its entrepreneurship programs not NYSC or any form of jamboree. NYSC as outlive its usefulness cool

You're the one jobless and consoling yourself grin,when did AI pop up So before that you've been jobless cheesy. I pay above minimum wage oga and if you need a job I will offer you one,lol

1 Like

Re: NYSC Decries Rejection Of Corps Members By Employers In The North-East by spiSeyi: 10:40am On Oct 10, 2023
Major7:

You're the one jobless and consoling yourself grin,when did AI pop up So before that you've been jobless cheesy. I pay above minimum wage oga and if you need a job I will offer you one,lol
This is what I was saying, just imagine this type of ignoramus that was produced by the outdated Nigeria education system and NYSC program who think that AI just started yesterday grin grin, AI started as far back as the 1970s go and do your findings. I have been doing AI and other tech stuff since 2009, then I used AIML (Artificial Intelligence Markup Language), Keras, and, Mathplotlib for my AI projects cool and Python, Java, and vanilla JS for my web and mobile app projects on Eclipse.
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Decries Rejection Of Corps Members By Employers In The North-East by Cmanforall: 10:45am On Oct 10, 2023
nlfpmod:

Stop posting Corp members to North East

Or even scrap NYSC
Re: NYSC Decries Rejection Of Corps Members By Employers In The North-East by Nobody: 11:04am On Oct 10, 2023
Major7:

You seriously have no clue about what you're talking about. Is it nysc that's holding Nigeria back economically or it's bad governance The scheme has been connecting people for job, marriages, uniting us and providing wide experience in so many ways. That's a little way of giving something back to it's citizens rather than just collecting every time and you want it gone? Did you even serve at all? Please don't answer it,I already know cheesy

I'm glad that out of all the things you mentioned, none of it points to any indices of economic development (not even the job opportunity is dependent on NYSC, rather the NYSC is the dependent variable here). So you really have no clue what economics is about.

Also you asked if I served, the answer is NO. You consider that an achievement right? 🥴
Now tell me one useful thing you achieved from NYSC that other youths in other countries without NYSC never achieved.

When you're able to get out of that box of mental conditioning you're in, you'll understand that I'm coming from a place of superior knowledge.

3 Likes

Re: NYSC Decries Rejection Of Corps Members By Employers In The North-East by Yankee101: 11:25am On Oct 10, 2023
Why post them to conflict torn areas?

1 Like

Re: NYSC Decries Rejection Of Corps Members By Employers In The North-East by Exceed15: 11:37am On Oct 10, 2023
Who bears the financial burden?
Re: NYSC Decries Rejection Of Corps Members By Employers In The North-East by Major7: 11:54am On Oct 10, 2023
olakraft:

I'm glad that out of all the things you mentioned, none of it points to any indices of economic development (not even the job opportunity is dependent on NYSC, rather the NYSC is the dependent variable here). So you really have no clue what economics is about.

Also you asked if I served, the answer is NO. You consider that an achievement right? 🥴
Now tell me one useful thing you achieved from NYSC that other youths in other countries without NYSC never achieved.

When you're able to get out of that box of mental conditioning you're in, you'll understand that I'm coming from a place of superior knowledge.

I knew it that you haven't put on that uniform, just don't want to be too forward. No wonder you reasoning was somehow. I have no more words for you NFA
Re: NYSC Decries Rejection Of Corps Members By Employers In The North-East by BItt: 12:01pm On Oct 10, 2023
id4sho:
Economy is bad and businesses are packing up undecided
economy is very bad
Re: NYSC Decries Rejection Of Corps Members By Employers In The North-East by ufotunang: 12:01pm On Oct 10, 2023
Does government provide a conducive environment for bussinesses, companies, industries to thrive.... bussinesses companies industries are struggling to survive the hard economy then how do you expect them to employ Corp members
Re: NYSC Decries Rejection Of Corps Members By Employers In The North-East by Nobody: 12:02pm On Oct 10, 2023
Major7:

I knew it that you haven't put on that uniform, just don't want to be too forward. No wonder you reasoning was somehow. I have no more words for you NFA

This clown's bragging about NYSC uniform in '23. You're behind in life, you just don't know it. 😒

You're talking to a PhD researcher about NYSC certificate, you think everyone is on the same level as you, I'm sorry for your life... If you can ever achieve a PhD grade at master's level, then come talk about real issues.

In the meantime, go look for your fellow 2:2 & 3rd class BSc. holders to argue with.

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Decries Rejection Of Corps Members By Employers In The North-East by Itsernie: 4:26pm On Oct 10, 2023
My PPA have money but they are not paying, the accommodation is wack, i even regret going for service sef
Re: NYSC Decries Rejection Of Corps Members By Employers In The North-East by Oluwatobiloba07: 4:39pm On Oct 10, 2023
You forget to add imo State

oyeb15:
When some state government cannot afford ordinary 5k monthly for corpers posted to cover their shortage of public schools teachers, they want private businesses to accept them.

States like Ekiti ,Gombe,Ondo ,Osun, Benue, Delta,Edo ,Bayelsa , yobe, etc pays corp member nothing.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Decries Rejection Of Corps Members By Employers In The North-East by Moskido: 10:08am On Oct 11, 2023
Itsernie:
My PPA have money but they are not paying, the accommodation is wack, i even regret going for service sef

Where are u serving? Am serving currently in Edo state Batch A stream 2
Re: NYSC Decries Rejection Of Corps Members By Employers In The North-East by Itsernie: 5:24pm On Oct 12, 2023
Moskido:

Where are u serving? Am serving currently in Edo state Batch A stream 2

Kebbi state
Same batch and stream
Re: NYSC Decries Rejection Of Corps Members By Employers In The North-East by Moskido: 11:23pm On Oct 12, 2023
Itsernie:

Kebbi state
Same batch and stream

Dats nice, hope ya enjoying ur service?
Re: NYSC Decries Rejection Of Corps Members By Employers In The North-East by Itsernie: 12:39pm On Oct 16, 2023
Moskido:

Dats nice, hope ya enjoying ur service?

No

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

B14 Stream II Corpers, Do U Really Want To Miss Camp? Come In For Solution / After NYSC, What Next? / When Is Nysc Camp Opening For Batch B

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.