Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,277 members, 7,811,824 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:23 PM

Lagos Suspends Planned Mass Burial For #endsars Victims - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Suspends Planned Mass Burial For #endsars Victims (13241 Views)

Mass Burial Of 103 EndSARS Victims: Lagos Govt Being Clever By Half - Ogunlana / Re: Sanwo-Olu Approves Mass Burial For 103 EndSARS Victims - Lagos State Govt / 'Sanwo-Olu Approves Mass Burial For 103 EndSARS Victims' - Gazette, The Sun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Suspends Planned Mass Burial For #endsars Victims by Islie: 12:16pm On Oct 10, 2023
The Lagos State Government says it has suspended its planned mass burial of the 103 corpses recovered in the wake of the October 2020 #EndSARS protest.

The Lagos State Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Mr Gbenga Omotoso, told The PUNCH on Monday that the planned mass burial had been suspended, following the controversy generated by the announcement in July.

In a leaked memo dated July 19, 2023, the state government had said it would conduct a mass burial for the 103 corpses, The PUNCH reports.

This had raised dust among human rights campaigners and civil society organisations.

A human rights organisation, Amnesty International, and a group under the aegis of the Coalition of #EndSARS Protesters and Supporters had demanded that the state government should suspend the planned mass burial.

In addition to the suspension demand, Amnesty International had asked the government to “also carry out transparent coroner inquest and autopsies on the 103 #EndSARS victims.”

In its reaction, the state government through the Chief Press Secretary to Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu, Mr Gboyega Akosile, exclusively told The PUNCH that the government would “conform to global best practices” in carrying out the mass burial.

When asked for an update on the matter on Monday, the Commissioner for Information and Strategy said the planned mass burial “remains suspended to give people ample time to identify their relatives that may be among the corpses.”

“It is to allow more time for identification as suggested when it was disclosed that the government was planning a mass burial for them,” Omotoso said.

He stated further that “up till now, nobody has shown up to identify any of the corpses. But the government has decided to give people more time.”

He added that the planned burial would “be carried out soon, but because of the controversies around that time, it was suspended. People now have the time and ample opportunity to see if their relatives are there.

https://punchng.com/lagos-suspends-planned-mass-burial-for-endsars-victims/

1 Share

Re: Lagos Suspends Planned Mass Burial For #endsars Victims by Gjwriter1: 12:17pm On Oct 10, 2023
embarassed
Re: Lagos Suspends Planned Mass Burial For #endsars Victims by incandescentena: 12:17pm On Oct 10, 2023
My own grouse is the hypocrisy of the state government of Lagos

undecided.

RIP to the dead

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos Suspends Planned Mass Burial For #endsars Victims by Taylor92: 12:17pm On Oct 10, 2023
Shebi them say people no die

so who’s mass burial are they suspending

A Guinea citizen has the guts to give a shooting spray order and Yoruba people keep quiet while an immigrant deals with them

E concern una shaa

101 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos Suspends Planned Mass Burial For #endsars Victims by TemplarLandry: 12:18pm On Oct 10, 2023
cool Putting a halt to the mass burial is a strategic move by LASG. Obituaries would have used that opportunity to cause chaos. They still can't believe their fake mesiah-Hoe B lost woefully.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Suspends Planned Mass Burial For #endsars Victims by incandescentena: 12:24pm On Oct 10, 2023
TemplarLandry:
cool Putting a halt to the mass burial is a strategic move by LASG. Obituaries would have used that opportunity to cause chaos. They still can't believe their fake mesiah-Hoe B lost woefully.
You cannot disappoint. You must always constitute nuisance by typing trash-back

120 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Lagos Suspends Planned Mass Burial For #endsars Victims by Bugmenot9(m): 12:58pm On Oct 10, 2023

Re: Lagos Suspends Planned Mass Burial For #endsars Victims by Chibuzoc(m): 12:58pm On Oct 10, 2023
grin so we have victims of endsars, I thought nobody died as claimed by the zoo government.

103 dead? How many did hamas kill to ignite war? I think the IDF should come help us eliminate our terrorists government

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos Suspends Planned Mass Burial For #endsars Victims by prickahantas(f): 12:58pm On Oct 10, 2023
But Sanwo-Olu said nobody died.
Who are these?

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Suspends Planned Mass Burial For #endsars Victims by accordadoga26(f): 12:58pm On Oct 10, 2023
Heheheheh

Eastern Network News is still on this propaganda?

LASG just dey whine the nipples of these people.

We need the identities of these people about to be buried.

At least their names suppose dey order of service

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Suspends Planned Mass Burial For #endsars Victims by Eriokanmi: 12:58pm On Oct 10, 2023
No be fake news again? I thought their dogs said nobody died at Lekki at first. I wish my friend, Dr Ayo of Granville medical centre opposite Ajah was reading this news right now.

God bless him for saving the lives of those brought to him in the pool of blood that night . He saved some and referred some to LUTH and LASUTH. They eventually died on the way due to heavy loss of blood. Those bodies taken away by the military are yet to be released till today. They even barred relatives from entering their morgues to identify their relations.

How people politicise loss of lives in this country is appalling. May the blood of those lives lost be revisited on the enemies of state and their supporters.

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos Suspends Planned Mass Burial For #endsars Victims by oluwaseunamos33(m): 12:59pm On Oct 10, 2023
Hmmm. i'm short of words. i mean i don't know wht to say
Re: Lagos Suspends Planned Mass Burial For #endsars Victims by Mpcoll001: 12:59pm On Oct 10, 2023
Hmmmm
Re: Lagos Suspends Planned Mass Burial For #endsars Victims by DrObum(m): 12:59pm On Oct 10, 2023
If you said nobody died in EndSARS, then who were you planning to bury?

#Hypocrites

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Suspends Planned Mass Burial For #endsars Victims by mejetov422: 12:59pm On Oct 10, 2023
Lying scientist

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Suspends Planned Mass Burial For #endsars Victims by Risingblue008(m): 12:59pm On Oct 10, 2023
But they denied,
So sad,

This country sucks
Make una no vex,
When our politicians are chasing for their money,
They chase it with one mind,

Why can't we embrace our differencese
Team up together
And hold Dem responsible forthe total collapse of our economy?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Suspends Planned Mass Burial For #endsars Victims by oluwaseunamos33(m): 1:00pm On Oct 10, 2023
mass burial for Gaza pple. lol grin grin
Taylor92:

A Guinea citizen has the guts to give a shooting spray order and Yoruba people keep quiet while an immigrant deals with them

E concern una shaa
Re: Lagos Suspends Planned Mass Burial For #endsars Victims by Racoon(m): 1:00pm On Oct 10, 2023
The ghost of 20-10-2020 will continue to hunt you all. All the miserable souls that downplayed the death of innocent citizens will all suffer for it.

I noticed Helinues and his likes have been absent on this platform for a long time. What a gwan ina your side? Tinubu CSU certificate forgery scandal is too hot for you lots to handle right? No peace for wicked people.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Suspends Planned Mass Burial For #endsars Victims by STEWpid(f): 1:00pm On Oct 10, 2023
Chai..

The dead guys, how will they look right now?

Humans are just nothing sha.

RIP.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Suspends Planned Mass Burial For #endsars Victims by Seefinish: 1:00pm On Oct 10, 2023
But we were told that nobody died? How come 103 corpses are in Lagos state government custody?
May the blood of those innocent youths who went out to protest peacefully against police brutality be upon whosever ordered their killings.

No matter how hard they had lied and tried to cover their heinous crime against the humanity, now the truth is out.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Suspends Planned Mass Burial For #endsars Victims by Validated: 1:00pm On Oct 10, 2023
LASG should conduct forensic analysis and ask people with missing persons to come forward for DNA.
Re: Lagos Suspends Planned Mass Burial For #endsars Victims by Neckpresser101: 1:01pm On Oct 10, 2023
Which burial?

According to agbado people

Nobody died!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Suspends Planned Mass Burial For #endsars Victims by Nobody: 1:01pm On Oct 10, 2023

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Suspends Planned Mass Burial For #endsars Victims by iamtardey: 1:02pm On Oct 10, 2023
After saying no body die… I don’t think I want to believe in this Nigeria o cheesy lie hypocrisy corruption bad habits bad politicians bad roads everywhere Vawulence empty pocket no peace crazy economy ye ye my head wan burst

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Suspends Planned Mass Burial For #endsars Victims by Bliss52: 1:02pm On Oct 10, 2023
Sanwo Olu's scam bursted

1 Like

Re: Lagos Suspends Planned Mass Burial For #endsars Victims by NaijaMutant(f): 1:02pm On Oct 10, 2023
NaijaMutant:

After hiding the bodies, they sent their errand boys to keep shouting ''Where are the bodies "

They tried to hide the massacre

They tried to silence us

They tried to bury the truth.

There are certain delinqu.ents that have been assigned online to hide this truth:

They are easily identifiable by the following;

They supported Buhari

They supported the Chicago drug baron and certificate forger.

They supported the Talibans

They are also supporting the Hamas terrorists

They are Ronu people

They are Yoruba Muslims

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Suspends Planned Mass Burial For #endsars Victims by SmartyPants(m): 1:02pm On Oct 10, 2023
Taylor92:

E concern una shaa

You don't need to comment on every post. This issue has been discussed over and over. According to LASG, these are the bodies of the victims of the widespread indiscriminate violence that took place acrosss the State and not particulalry from the Lekki toll gate protest.

iamtardey:
After saying no body die… I don’t think I want to believe in this Nigeria o cheesy lie hypocrisy corruption bad habits bad politicians bad roads everywhere Vawulence empty pocket no peace crazy economy ye ye my head wan burst

seguno2:

I thought that they said that nobody was killed during the protests

Take note of the above.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Suspends Planned Mass Burial For #endsars Victims by NaijaMutant(f): 1:02pm On Oct 10, 2023
iamtardey:

After hiding the bodies, they sent their errand boys to keep shouting ''Where are the bodies "

They tried to hide the massacre

They tried to silence us

They tried to bury the truth.

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Maina’s Reinstatement Won’t Dent Buhari’s Image – AGF / In Defense Of Abba Kyari By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat / Why We Impeached Ondo Speaker, Deputy – Fatai Olotu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.