Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,690 members, 7,816,824 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? (7233 Views)

They Told Me To Join A Cult If I Must Become Governor - Labaran Maku / Tinubu Calls For Revolution / Warning Nairaland Youths: Before You Join TAN And Loose Your Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by Nobody: 9:49am On Oct 24, 2011
[size=15pt]My biggest problem with the Nigerian System is Corruption , I Totally support a revolution that will get rid of all corrupt leaders present and past.
Some people really deserve to end up in the Gallows with the pain and trouble they've caused million of Nigerians.[/size]
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by CuteTj(m): 9:59am On Oct 24, 2011
@floxyluv, it can happen. Let me tell u a secret. For the fainthearted like u can stay behind while us will lead the line. All we need is people coming out openly to express their displeasure with the government of today in Nigeria.
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by ebizsols(m): 10:02am On Oct 24, 2011
@omoalaro thanks man you said it all.
Revolution can only be possible in an almost homogeneous society where the people have one language, culture, aspirations and religious belief or dogma.
It this contraption called Nigeria it is at best impossible, if I might recall not long ago a certain defunct political party AD decided to sacrifice its mandate on the alter of ethnic bigotry to keep their man OBJ in power, but the man being what he is did not reciprocate the gesture instead he had the likes of Osoba, Adebayo Adefarati etc booted out of the goverment house of their respective states and replaced them with PdP thugs.
Presently there is an Ijaw apologist in the house, who not long ago where crying marginalisation but since testing power there've hurriedly forgotten the main struggle for self sustainance and sufficiency through resource control, and senile elders like Edwin clarke are now happy with their lot, while the looting and raping going on their backyard continues unabated.
So if I may ask the op who will lead this revolution?
Is it the hausa who are fighting for their birthright? Is it the yorubas who naturally have fried balls and are only good in making noise about lagos being their own? Is it my Igbo brothers who after having their region turned into a theatre of war and are only concerned with minding their business?
Or is it the Ijaw man who thinks that since one of his own is in government that it will suffice?
Or better still the efiks, itsekiri urhobo etc who are foolishly basking in SS solidarity while fighting amongst themselves?
Only when these questions are answered will we then as a country know if we can indeed start a revolution.
I rest my case
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by CuteTj(m): 10:14am On Oct 24, 2011
^^ guy, everything is possible when we sit down and strategise. It is us the youths that will carry dis out not these old men that we'll sweep away wen it starts.
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by blank(f): 10:14am On Oct 24, 2011
NO, i will not. The truth is, the more things change the more they remain the same. The revolution will overthrow this set of corrupt people and relace them with a similar set of corrupt people. That is reality for you.
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by grafikii: 10:18am On Oct 24, 2011
poverty, corruption, bad road, insecurity and affects us all without ethnic consederation, why are we like this, which kind country be this self.
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by CuteTj(m): 10:19am On Oct 24, 2011
^^ @blank. So wat do we do. Should we fold our arms and let it continue?? If we do this once, those that will replace them will have fear instilled in them.
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by Dikyson: 10:26am On Oct 24, 2011
Nigeria Government is to promise and promise NO ACTION! We don't want to hope or have faith in any Government until we see ACTIONS. A visionary Government does need a year to prove his worth of leadership. After all, in employment system, employees  only have six month probation  to deliver or they get sacked. Why is it that the Government does not have a target within Six months?. The  answer are because they have no vision, no planning and no delivering time table and they also lack respect for the people of the nation.

If GEJ, members of senate, members of Reps and all state Governments wants to prove that they are true leaders who has respect for the nation they are ruling, they should set a six month target for themselves to achieve each below in order of priority and the impact should be felt by the people of the nation. Otherwise, we the people Nigeria should re-vote against them and they will not find peace since they refuse to give people Good life.

Alleviation of Corruption 90%
Constant Electricity 60%
Good Roads and Drainage 60%
Upgrade Security system, Review of the judiciary system and effective journalism system 100%
Good Health care 100%
Encourage farming system which is alternative to Oil 100%
Employment 60%
Housing 60%

If these methods are apply to all political Government in Nigeria, then you will see the that political business will fall.
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by PointB: 10:32am On Oct 24, 2011
^^^^

It is too early in the day to call for revolution! We voted this government in power just over 6 months ago. We are willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. Nigerians will not be fooled into revolution by Buhari apologists, and those with ethnic agenda into irrational behaviour.

The best revolution will be the one that split this country into constituents parts - North, East, West, Middle belt, ND, and what have you. Any other revolution is cosmetic surgery!

Bring it on when we are ready!
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by Desola(f): 10:34am On Oct 24, 2011
A Nigerian revolution would be a waste of time and lives.

A regional revolution is much more ideal where we would be in control of our resources and our government. Right now, the Oodua nation seems to be leading the pack and if any of our appointed leaders should falter, we replace them sharpish.

Regional developments such as the rail link between the western states, agriculture etc is putting us at the fore front. Let those who believe in living side by side with Hausas and ibos go ahead and revolt but those of us who are systematically taking control of our destiny should stay right out of it.
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by ebizsols(m): 10:39am On Oct 24, 2011
My brothers and sisters my candid advise to you all is this-Nigeria is not worth dying for, rather it will be preferable for it to die for you.
Remember Nigeria is on auto pilot, thanks to GEJ and his clueless bunch, it on a crashing course, so let it crash then protect your own pieces by mending it with your human and material resources.
The 2015 failed state prediction is inevitable, atleast we are still doing well on the failed state index, for starters the Mo Ibrahim report on governance index placed Nigeria 41 out of 53, with the likes of ghana ranking 1st by African rating.
2014 is nigh, Kalu Idika and other notable patriots have recently called for a "people's constitution" just like that of The American nation that starts with the preamble "WE THE AMERICAN PEOPLE", but all these calls have fallen on deaf ears, so since our leaders or rulers have decided to continue like this, then my suggestion is let the rubles fall on their stupid heads period!
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by Abiboy09: 10:41am On Oct 24, 2011
Watch video of a woman rescued from a destroyed building following an earthquake in Turkey.
[url]http://incometranslation..com/p/lates-news.html
[/url]
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by oladeji007: 10:53am On Oct 24, 2011
i support a revolution in Naija, not from the common citizens, but from the "KAKI BOYS". I think they are beta than these motherfucker politicians. United we stand, divided we fall. Up Naija forever
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by Nobody: 11:00am On Oct 24, 2011
REVOLUTION IS A WELCOME IDEA BUT WHAT IS GOING TO BE THE BASIS? I THINK WE CAN STAND FROM THE ISSUE OF UNEMPLOYMENT IN THE NATION AND YET SOMEONE WITH ONE HEAD VOTED INTO A LEADERSHIP POSITION TO MAKE THINGS WORKS, LATER STOLE THE FUNDS BELONG TO US. AND YET NOTHING WAS DONE. I WILL JOIN ANY GROUP THAT IS READY TO FIGHT FOR JUSTICE AGAINST CORRUPT LEADER. BANKOLE, OBASANJO, BODE GEORGE, DANIEL, AKALA, DARIYE, TINUBU, ALAMIESIYA, IBORI, IBB, GOJE, ATIKU,AGAGU, LUCKY, TONY A.,MARK, e.t.c. must vomit our funds
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:14am On Oct 24, 2011
Give it up, it is impossible for a Social Revolution to happen in Nigeria, we will sooner die from regional, political, ethnic and religious conflicts than being saved by a revolution.
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by grafikii: 11:15am On Oct 24, 2011
here is an open approach that probably needs modification, we liberate ourselves, have the likes of shoyinka, achebe run a transition government, hold a national conference to find out if we shld remain together.
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by Kx: 11:18am On Oct 24, 2011
Kx:

Nigerian is even too big for a meaningful bengazzi styled protest. sad sad
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by ebizsols(m): 11:27am On Oct 24, 2011
@desola it is really a pity when people who are not widely travelled sit in Lag and envisage a SW utopia, well let me remind you that all your states even lagos rely heavily on "chop money"in the name of allocation from Abuja.
So what happens when the ND decides to take their "destiny" as you rightly pointed out in their own hands?
Remember this, Lagos was not built on your peoples "percieved" ingenuity or enterpreneural dexterity, but rather it was built by first the Europeans, then the military juntas via nd resources, so dont let the current white elephant projects going on in your region deceive you into believing that your region is on course.
All that you need to start doing now is harnessing your human resources cos I bet you when oil stops to flow I wonder if your other village states will rely on Lag who cant even pay council fund when obj seized its monthly allocation a couple of years back, think about that,
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by ebizsols(m): 11:28am On Oct 24, 2011
@desola it is really a pity when people who are not widely travelled sit in Lag and envisage a SW utopia, well let me remind you that all your states even lagos rely heavily on "chop money"in the name of allocation from Abuja.
So what happens when the ND decides to take their "destiny" as you rightly pointed out in their own hands?
Remember this, Lagos was not built on your peoples "percieved" ingenuity or enterpreneural dexterity, but rather it was built by first the Europeans, then the military juntas via nd resources, so dont let the current white elephant projects going on in your region deceive you into believing that your region is on course.
All that you need to start doing now is harnessing your human resources cos I bet you when oil stops to flow I wonder if your other village states will rely on Lag who cant even pay council fund when obj seized its monthly allocation a couple of years back, think about that,
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by ebizsols(m): 11:35am On Oct 24, 2011
@desola it is really a pity when people who are not widely travelled sit in Lag or is it the UK and envisage a SW utopia, well let me remind you that all your states even lagos rely heavily on "chop money"in the name of allocation from Abuja.
Remember this, Lagos was not built on your peoples "percieved" ingenuity or enterpreneural dexterity, but rather it was built by first the Europeans, then the military juntas via nd resources, so dont let the current white elephant projects going on in your region deceive you into believing that your region is on course and should not bother itself with an impending revolution.
All that you need to start doing now is harnessing your human resources cos I bet you when oil stops to flow I wonder if your other village states will rely on Lag who cant even pay its workers when obj seized its monthly allocation or subvention a couple of years back, think about that,
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by tEsLim(m): 11:39am On Oct 24, 2011
I'll contribute to a revolution on all ways I can physically , financially and motivate orders
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by islamrules(m): 11:48am On Oct 24, 2011
The Revolution should be based on these objectives.

1. All the money they are recovering from past military admins e.g. "Abacha" should be accounted for. (This is enough a reason to start a war with these gluttons)
2. Give these politicians ultimatum on NEPA or else we are going to burn down "Mikano, Dialli and other Generator firms"
3. Fuel subsidy removal.
4. Fuel is 19 naira in Libya, why is Nigeria different ?
5. Give License for Importation of rice against monopoly of Dangote. Probe dangote firm on tax evasion. A bag of rice in international market is not up to 2,00 naira.
6. This version of democracy is too expensive. They use our budget to pay salary of these politicians. This should be a major revolution issue. It worth fighting for. Once we fight for these no 6, politics will no longer be "do or die affairs" as no much goodie goodie will be there

No 6 is important of all
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by CuteTj(m): 11:57am On Oct 24, 2011
@tEslim, im feeling u. Let us strategists cum together and exercise our brains.
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by blank(f): 12:41pm On Oct 24, 2011
I cannot die for Nigeria or even risk anything or anyone for Nigeria. What has been done to those who died for Nigeria? Are their families better or worse off? I cannot let my children suffer for what they did not cause. Nigeria has been spoiling from before i was born and it will continue to do so.
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by grafikii: 12:51pm On Oct 24, 2011
Nigeria has killed more people than people that died for her, people die on bad roads, bad hospitals, bad policemen, bad buildings the list is endless
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by razznaija(f): 12:57pm On Oct 24, 2011
Guys am selling tents, bullet proof vests, helmets, guns, tear gas, bombs, tankers, shields. And i will be getting people that can donate food and water, so if you guys you want to start protesting, you will need all theses things ( in case the police decides to do their work) that i just mentioned, for more inquiries call this number: 070-697-08458
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by grafikii: 1:01pm On Oct 24, 2011
@ razz thats a good start
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by ImaIma1(f): 1:13pm On Oct 24, 2011
to totally eradicate the vagabonds that call themselves leaders while they only make themselves richer.yessss am up for a revolution. grin
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by ebere1712: 1:23pm On Oct 24, 2011
blank:

I cannot die for Nigeria or even risk anything or anyone for Nigeria. What has been done to those who died for Nigeria? Are their families better or worse off? I cannot let my children suffer for what they did not cause. Nigeria has been spoiling from before i was born and it will continue to do so.
Anybody that dies or died fighting for Nigeria wasted his/her life. embarassed
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by badlaw(f): 1:27pm On Oct 24, 2011
i dey laugh in big man tit grin sorry sorry 4 nigeria ppl
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by badlaw(f): 2:06pm On Oct 24, 2011
there is a reason to fight those demon called leaders in nigeria. how i wish we will all wake up one day & stage street by street protest against d leaders.
but thinking abt it how? where ? & who will lead us ? do we ve someone like John R. of Ghana here in nigeria
Re: Would You Join A Nigerian Revolution? by ReachRich(m): 2:17pm On Oct 24, 2011
razznaija:

Guys am selling tents, bullet proof vests, helmets, guns, tear gas, bombs, tankers, shields. And i will be getting people that can donate food and water, so if you guys you want to start protesting, you will need all theses things ( in case the police decides to do their work) that i just mentioned, for more inquiries call this number: 070-697-08458
are u serious?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FG Backs Oshiomhole Over Execution Of 4 Condemned Criminals / Is Boko Haram a pawn in the bigger political game? - Alexander Nekrassov / Sanwo-Olu Gives Account Of Two Years Stewardship, Promises To Deliver More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.