Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,857 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

Army Discovers Bombs In Ikeja 21 Years After Blast, Begins Clearance - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Discovers Bombs In Ikeja 21 Years After Blast, Begins Clearance (28676 Views)

Army Discovers Burnt Corpses Of Policemen & Cannibalism In ESN Imo Camp / Planting Of Bombs In Southeast: Your Withdrawal After-thought, Group Blasts Umeh / Umeh Kalu: Nigerian Army Planting Bombs In South-East & Blaming IPOB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army Discovers Bombs In Ikeja 21 Years After Blast, Begins Clearance by prickahantas(f): 8:44am On Oct 11, 2023
Re: Army Discovers Bombs In Ikeja 21 Years After Blast, Begins Clearance by tofolo(m): 8:44am On Oct 11, 2023
Tobilani:
Bomb in Ikeja.

That sounds like a joke at first sight
it actually happened.

1 Like

Re: Army Discovers Bombs In Ikeja 21 Years After Blast, Begins Clearance by unitysheart(m): 8:45am On Oct 11, 2023
Beremx:
What an unforgettable experience. That day was on a Sunday. The bomb explosion was felt at Festac Town all the way from Ikeja. I remember our windows vibrated and almost shattered. RIP to those who lost their lives at Oke-Afa canal

We felt it at Ota. My mum went for her family at Mafoluku Oshodi that year. The coaster bus she was in passed in front of the cantonment shortly before the explosion started.

When we heard the explosion, we thought it was thunderstorm at first till we switched on our tv and tuned to AIT and started getting updates.

2 Likes

Re: Army Discovers Bombs In Ikeja 21 Years After Blast, Begins Clearance by Stephench: 8:45am On Oct 11, 2023
The most incompetent army in the world. They're only focused on creating terrorism and intimidating civilians

2 Likes

Re: Army Discovers Bombs In Ikeja 21 Years After Blast, Begins Clearance by femu(m): 8:45am On Oct 11, 2023
Let the bombs be deactivated before movement o
Re: Army Discovers Bombs In Ikeja 21 Years After Blast, Begins Clearance by ghettochild4u(m): 8:46am On Oct 11, 2023
Beremx:
What an unforgettable experience. That day was on a Sunday. The bomb explosion was felt at Festac Town all the way from Ikeja. I remember our windows vibrated and almost shattered. RIP to those who lost their lives at Oke-Afa canal
You are right....
We felt it at festac back then. I lived at 311 c close

1 Like

Re: Army Discovers Bombs In Ikeja 21 Years After Blast, Begins Clearance by Chibuzoripob: 8:46am On Oct 11, 2023
oluwaseunamos33:
please which of the Ikeja, is it the one in Lagos? grin cool cool cool cool cool
U want to flee sad

1 Like

Re: Army Discovers Bombs In Ikeja 21 Years After Blast, Begins Clearance by VinnyBaba: 8:46am On Oct 11, 2023
Lolss, this Bomb Blast ehn! cheesy

My Guy in Lagos Told me some Lagosians were CRYING and already saying their Last Prayers,
Thinking it was Jugdement Day! 😯😄😄😄

1 Like

Re: Army Discovers Bombs In Ikeja 21 Years After Blast, Begins Clearance by Slimzjoe(m): 8:47am On Oct 11, 2023
b0rn2fuck:
hmmm ,na so them carry cantonment student come our school for Anthony village Lagos, then wan come form Voltron on top of his. The war between us and cantonment students, na soldiers sort ham las las. Come see as military men dey come back secondary students on top fight between both the Anthony village, ajao estate and army cantonment. Some people chop better kobokobo, me na mumu dey. I no dey pass inside class and football field

The bombs exploded throughout the night. How come you and your colleagues where in school ?
Re: Army Discovers Bombs In Ikeja 21 Years After Blast, Begins Clearance by Art3mins(m): 8:47am On Oct 11, 2023
Beremx:
....I lived @ AGO PALACE WAY then.
Re: Army Discovers Bombs In Ikeja 21 Years After Blast, Begins Clearance by Willie2015: 8:48am On Oct 11, 2023
Beremx:

I was in Maryland ...
The noise was so massive...
It seems my ear drum/head want to tear...
Not a funny day...
War is not a good thing at all...

7 Likes

Re: Army Discovers Bombs In Ikeja 21 Years After Blast, Begins Clearance by b0rn2fuck(m): 8:48am On Oct 11, 2023
Slimzjoe:

The bombs exploded throughout the night. How come you and your colleagues where in school ?
I'm talking of aftermath the bomb last, they pack all barrack student come join our school

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Discovers Bombs In Ikeja 21 Years After Blast, Begins Clearance by psalmson001: 8:49am On Oct 11, 2023
BoldBrainz:

I know, right?!

I was in Lagos at the time. That first round of explosions shook the very foundations of our small apartment. Information didn't easily circulate at the time, so first round of public speculations suggested a massive robbery operation.

Thank God for social media now.

The rumors that spread in my our area that day was that a planned coup was going on, and the military were about to overthrown Obasanjo

3 Likes

Re: Army Discovers Bombs In Ikeja 21 Years After Blast, Begins Clearance by ecolime(m): 8:49am On Oct 11, 2023
Tobilani:
Bomb in Ikeja.

It actually happened son.

It wasn't the bomb that killed majority though. It was the panic that made many ran into canal unknowingly at Oke-Afa cry

You were not yet born then or you were probably still a toddler when it happened.

7 Likes

Re: Army Discovers Bombs In Ikeja 21 Years After Blast, Begins Clearance by b0rn2fuck(m): 8:52am On Oct 11, 2023
Slimzjoe:

the bomb started around 6 to 7 pm, I live in Maryland. Very close to barrack , I landed in ifako,how I go there with race picking. I no know, we just dey follow crowds dey run .. I am in Ogun state now but I missed there, I used to flirt in barrack before Boko Haram insecurity make Dem dey ask for gate pass

3 Likes

Re: Army Discovers Bombs In Ikeja 21 Years After Blast, Begins Clearance by thaoriginator: 8:55am On Oct 11, 2023
I was on my way to Lagos Island from Obalende. As soon as I get to the bus stop all of a sudden there was massive blasts and the ground started shaking. The bridge in front of me dance alingo and it's as if it's about to fall down on me..

It's as if the world is about to end and it's starting from Lagos, Nigeria. Nobody tell me before I japa back to my enclaved shocked
Re: Army Discovers Bombs In Ikeja 21 Years After Blast, Begins Clearance by Slimzjoe(m): 8:56am On Oct 11, 2023
b0rn2fuck:
the bomb started around 6 to 7 pm, I live in Maryland. Very close to barrack , I landed in ifako,how I go there with race picking. I no know, we just dey follow crowds dey run .. I am in Ogun state now but I missed there, I used to flirt in barrack before Boko Haram insecurity make Dem dey ask for gate pass

It started later than that bruv. It didn't start before 9pm news but later than 6pm cos weather was already dark. Which was why people wey entering lagoon and Canals blindly.
Also, I remember I was already asleep as at when it began cheesy
Re: Army Discovers Bombs In Ikeja 21 Years After Blast, Begins Clearance by simfrost90210: 8:58am On Oct 11, 2023
illicit:
That year I dey JSS 2

I saw the victims on TV, some drowned inside canal

🤕

I was still in Jss 1, in 2nd term about to kick off the term that sad morning in Kaduna on the 7th January 2002 when we saw the news!😔
I think it happened on the 6th... It was so sad!

Omo, e off me ooo

3 Likes

Re: Army Discovers Bombs In Ikeja 21 Years After Blast, Begins Clearance by iamtardey: 8:58am On Oct 11, 2023
Tobilani:
Bomb in Ikeja.

I be like abeg o shocked
Re: Army Discovers Bombs In Ikeja 21 Years After Blast, Begins Clearance by kollog: 8:58am On Oct 11, 2023
This is a simple Cash out by this Government, when the Bomb Blast happened then, Tinubu was the Governor of Lagos State. Baba couldn't cash out despite Billions allocated towards the exercise, now it's time for him as the sitting President.

If not stupidity, after years of the incident, is it that previous Government (Both Federal and State), past GOC of the Ikeja Cantonment, past COAS didn't do anything concerning that.

This is Corruption at it's peak.

I can imagine the Billions of Naira that will be allocated towards this Exercise.

It is well.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Army Discovers Bombs In Ikeja 21 Years After Blast, Begins Clearance by BoldBrainz(m): 8:59am On Oct 11, 2023
psalmson001:

Thank God for social media now.

The rumors that spread in my our area that day was that a planned coup was going on, and the military were about to overthrown Obasanjo

Lol.

You're very correct. That was actually the second storyline we had to deal with. It was a crazy period. My dad immediately gathered all of us for devotion..😂. I don't know if he thought rapture was beginning.

5 Likes

Re: Army Discovers Bombs In Ikeja 21 Years After Blast, Begins Clearance by Vindco(m): 9:04am On Oct 11, 2023
Can't forget that ugly day.
Just leaving the block rosary crusade programme at St. Agnes Catholic Church that same day Maryland when it happened.
Rev Joachim was the host.
Re: Army Discovers Bombs In Ikeja 21 Years After Blast, Begins Clearance by PDPdestroyer(m): 9:04am On Oct 11, 2023
Thank God there was no social media then, the likes of David Hyundai and DJ S-Witch would have wound the blasts around all sorts of conspiracies grin

1 Like

Re: Army Discovers Bombs In Ikeja 21 Years After Blast, Begins Clearance by daylae(m): 9:04am On Oct 11, 2023
It was a black Sunday I am still trying hard to forget. . The sound and vibration could be felt as far as meiran, ijaiye ojokoro.

1 Like

Re: Army Discovers Bombs In Ikeja 21 Years After Blast, Begins Clearance by Juanmike(m): 9:05am On Oct 11, 2023
illicit:
That year I dey JSS 2

🤕
You don old o

1 Like

Re: Army Discovers Bombs In Ikeja 21 Years After Blast, Begins Clearance by alasane: 9:07am On Oct 11, 2023
illicit:
That year I dey JSS 2

🤕

JSS2 & u dey kom argue with your father age mate hia

3 Likes

Re: Army Discovers Bombs In Ikeja 21 Years After Blast, Begins Clearance by olaolulazio(m): 9:07am On Oct 11, 2023
Tobilani:
Bomb in Ikeja.

Joke?

Ask those that were around then to explain how bad it was in case you still live in doubt.

It was a terrible day.

1 Like

Re: Army Discovers Bombs In Ikeja 21 Years After Blast, Begins Clearance by FireUpNow(m): 9:08am On Oct 11, 2023
b0rn2fuck:
months after the bomb last explosion ,na so them carry cantonment student come our school for Anthony village Lagos, then wan come form Voltron on top of our territory. The war between us and cantonment students no bi small tin, teachers later invite soldiers, na soldiers sort ham las las. Come see as military men dey come back secondary students on top fight between both the Anthony village high school, ajao estate Senior high school and army cantonment. Some people chop better kobokobo, me na mumu dey. I no dey pass inside class and football field
Which of the secondary school in Anthony village? Aladura abi na Anthony village high school?

1 Like

Re: Army Discovers Bombs In Ikeja 21 Years After Blast, Begins Clearance by YoungBlackRico(m): 9:09am On Oct 11, 2023
illicit:
That year I dey JSS 2

🤕
Canal claimed more people than the blast, sad day.

1 Like

Re: Army Discovers Bombs In Ikeja 21 Years After Blast, Begins Clearance by kollog: 9:10am On Oct 11, 2023
Slimzjoe:

It started later than that bruv. It didn't start before 9pm news but later than 6pm cos weather was already dark. Which was why people wey entering lagoon and Canals blindly.
Also, I remember I was already asleep as at when it began cheesy

The Bomb Blast started around 4Pm on Sunday, and late into the night and some few explosions early Monday morning.

2 Likes

Re: Army Discovers Bombs In Ikeja 21 Years After Blast, Begins Clearance by Blitzking: 9:11am On Oct 11, 2023
How time flies..remember this day could hear the bomb sound from my house..the vibration that day all Y2K2

1 Like

Re: Army Discovers Bombs In Ikeja 21 Years After Blast, Begins Clearance by happney65: 9:11am On Oct 11, 2023
Tobilani:
Bomb in Ikeja.

You must be a GenZ. undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"Patience Jonathan Is As Old As Buhari But Hiding It With Make-Up” – Borno Women / Lagos Assembly Reverses Pedro's Impeachment After Eight Years / FG To Borrow To Pay N165bn Salaries Of Civil Servants - Adeosun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.