Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,412 members, 7,830,080 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

Health Without Drugs... - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Health Without Drugs... (719 Views)

The Natural And Effective Remedy To Get Rid Of Fibroids Without Drugs Or Surgery / How Best To Reduce Chances Of STIs Just After Unprotected Sex Without Drugs / Woman Dies After Consuming Herbal Drugs She Bought To Lighten Her Skin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Health Without Drugs... by Anjinsan: 2:09pm On Oct 11, 2023
One month like that in 2018, I told myself, enough of pharmaceutical drugs.

And till date, I can say, I live without such drugs. I haven't had any reason to see a doctor. Neither have I been weighed down by illness such that I must be tied to my bed.

What's the secret?

That's what this thread is meant to share. And also read the inputs of others that have at least for five years, lived naturally without processed drugs.

With Love.
Re: Health Without Drugs... by Templee333(m): 2:54pm On Oct 11, 2023
I've recently realized a secret of drug free life that works for me. It requires strict amount of self discispline. I've succeded staying for more than a month without medication prior to taking medication everyday before my recent realization.

1 Like

Re: Health Without Drugs... by Anjinsan: 4:05pm On Oct 11, 2023
Yes. Self discipline is key.

More grace, as you aim for two months.

Keep note of what works for you.

With Love.

Templee333:
I've recently realized a secret of drug free life that works for me. It requires strict amount of self discispline. I've succeded staying for more than a month without medication prior to taking medication everyday before my recently realization.
Re: Health Without Drugs... by Anjinsan: 7:26pm On Oct 12, 2023
The first two practices that started me on this path are:

1) Fasting.

2) Water.

1) My first experience with fasting was for health reasons. Back then on sundays, I go 24 hours without food.

Doing this enabled my digestive system to take much needed break after working non-stop for 6 days.

I have practiced different types of health fasts during the past five years. Will talk about them in another post.

2) Water. Drinking a litre of water on an empty tummy is also a practice that started me on this journey.

Initially, it wasn't easy.

Yet, when I saw the tremendous benefits to my bowel, and skin texture, I continued. Now it's part of my daily morning routine.
Recently, it's either warm or room temperature.

What type of the water?

Well, initially I didn't really send o. It can be straight from the borehole. Based on where I currently reside, there is access to cleaner water nearby, so that's what I use for now.

In summary fasting and drinking water (usually one litre) before food intake are the initial practices I used on my journey of Health without drugs.

Health without drugs...

With Love.

1 Like

Re: Health Without Drugs... by Anjinsan: 4:02pm On Oct 14, 2023
Looking back, when I was getting married, I was immune to cold. Small thing, I am down with running nose, headache, and cold.

Sometimes, I told myself, that I would have issues with my spouse on the use of the fan/AC. As I may not need it but she may, especially if we decide to share same bedroom.

In fact, my mum told her this: "He doesn't get sick, except during the cold weather." And for the first three/four years of marriage it was just so. See me under the blankets, down on cold at least once every rainy season. That's when my HMO will know that there is someone like this guy on their list.

Till 2018, when I told myself, "enough is enough." And I started to build a regimen which for five years, have enabled me to achieve: Heath without drugs.

In addition to fasting, and water, another tool I use is: Positive Mindset. Yes, making a commitment and believing that I can attain Health without drugs.

When the first cold, hit me that 2018, just a few months after I started experimenting with this, hmmm no be small thing o.

I was down, my spouse was crying, she said I must go to the hospital, that after this I can resume whatsoever it was I was doing. She called my parents, they pleaded. I stood my ground, I said, "It's either now or never."

I just zeroed in on the mindset that I will be fine with the remedies I was using by then. I refused to lie in bed except for my night rest or afternoon nap. Was it not cold, okay I will continue to be a active I told myself, it must go on it's own without any medication.

I ensured that my routine morning water was warmer than usual. Yes, the headaches, etc persisted for two days or so...then gradually, I felt better.

And so it has been. In fact that succeeding years have been better than previous years. And on the use of the fan/AC, the reverse is now the case, my spouse doesn't need it as much I need it.

In summary, Positive mindset is another tool I use to stay healthy without drugs since 2018.

#Health without drugs...

With Love.

1 Like

Re: Health Without Drugs... by Anjinsan: 1:46pm On Oct 15, 2023
It's a Sunday. Took my first meal, around 10:45am. It's my goal to take the next, after at least five hours.

Eating is another tool I use. There are three basic rules that guide when I eat:

1) Timing.

2) Eat slowly and consciously.

3) Stop at the first sign of a full tummy.

1) Timing: I don't just eat anytime I feel hungry, sometimes the feeling may just be a false sign. Have you ever noticed that when you are anxious, you feel hungry?

Therefore, I have a time lag for my meals. Breakfast is at least 12 hours after supper. Lunch is at least five hours after breakfast. Supper is at least five hours after Lunch. In so doing, anything in-between has to be fruits or nuts.

2) Eat slowly and consciously: Taste your food. Don't be in a rush. Enjoy every bite, relish it. Forget everything, but that thing that's going through your mouth. When you aren't in a rush when eating it makes it easy to adhere to the third.

3) Stop at the full sign of a full tummy: Most persons are sick because they over stuff themselves. I now know why on Saturdays my mum woke the whole family up with purge concoctions. Most common illnesses can be prevented, if the belly is kept clean. Stop, at the first sign of a full tummy is one way not to overburden the stomach.

In summary, my three rules of eating are: Timing, Eat slowly and consciously, Stop at the first sign of a full tummy.

#Health without drugs from 2018

With Love.
Re: Health Without Drugs... by Anjinsan: 12:19pm On Oct 19, 2023
So far the elements that have enabled me stay healthy without drugs are:

1) Water

2) Fasting

3) Positivity

4) Eating habits

The fifth is food. What goes into my tummy. If I had my way, I would be a Vegan (no meat or animal produce version.)

Did that in school. My close friends said I should just say I have no money, than forming vegan (lol). Stopped after one semester, as the vegan semester wasn't an easy one, hardly could I feed from the pots of friends.

It's on the back burner though. For now anyway, first I give attention to fruits. 2nd vegetables, 3rd, legumes, 4th Carbs.

Junks, white flours (breads/pastries), soft drinks, are very minimal in my food chart. I haven't taken a soft drink for about three months now.

This is my second year of not drinking Alcohol. Was just a social drinker before then. Most beers taste like cow piss to me (don't ask if I have tasted cow piss)

Smoking, never smoked. Tried it once as a teenager, it wasn't pleasant, so I said a no no to it.

In essence, what goes through my mouth must be a healthy.

When it comes to how they should be cooked: uncooked, like fruits is first. Working towards regularly making fruits one of my three meals for the day. Did that yesterday, took paw paw for supper. Anyway, regularly I ensure I take a portion of fruit daily. Being fairly regular with that. More on fruits later.

Next, steamed or boiled takes high priority. I eliminate frying to the barest minimum. Only when it's necessary or I can't say no (You know now, as one with a wife). Fried foods take much longer to digest, giving more work to the digestive organ.

Usually I do my best to take my food as medicine, so that I won't have to take medicine as food. And for the past five years, it has worked wonders.

In summary, Food is my another element to health without drugs. Healthy foods, cooked in a healthy way.

#Health without drugs

With Love.
Re: Health Without Drugs... by Anjinsan: 5:07pm On Oct 21, 2023
Osakwe felt heavy this morning, yet he followed popular norm, and ate breakfast like a King. The heaviness tripled, as he drove to the office.

The morning at the office was slow. No serious mental task to burn up the food in his tummy.

At 2p.m., which was his usual lunch break, Ojo called and they drove out to a fast food outlet. Following popular norm, Osakwe ate lunch like a Prince.

Now he found it difficult to breath, belching regularly.

The undigested food in his tummy was fermenting. Most of the units in the digestive department were already overworked. So they slowed down. They cannot come and die.

By 6:50pm, Osakwe drove home. His accumulated walk for the day totaled 14 minutes, over four different period. This is the only form of physical exercise he has had for the day, if it can be called exercise.

Wifey served supper around 9:03p.m. Though now feeling sick due to the accumulated rotten food in his tummy, Osakwe ate. Madam’s meal can’t be rejected. Suspicions may start rings bells in her head.

Throughout the night, Osakwe could not sleep. He was sick, very sick. Early the next morning he had to see a Doctor. Pills were given, after six days he felt whole.

This event is a regular occurrence for Osakwe.

When will he learn that the body needs to earn its food?

When will he learn that the tummy is not a freezer for food preservation? It is a place for food conversion.

A fool eats to be full. A sage eats for energy.

When will Osakwe learn this?

#Health without drugs...
Re: Health Without Drugs... by Anjinsan: 5:25pm On Oct 24, 2023
I make it an aim to ask before eating, "Will this substance contribute to a healthy body or does it have any element that will be poisonous to my body?

Asking such questions has made it easy to drastically reduce or eliminate unhealthy meals.

Also, when I'm worried or anxious, I avoid food. Have you noticed that it seems you are suddenly hungry when worried or bothered about something?

The body is just looking for a quick fix to the situation. I don't give in. That's where spacing my food intake comes to the rescue.

I just look at my watch, and say okay till two hours more or so...so tummy you have to chill.

#Health without drugs from 2018.

With Love
Re: Health Without Drugs... by Anjinsan: 4:14pm On Oct 29, 2023
I allow some cheat meals for eating whatever whatever I want. It usually serves a reward if I have been clean with my food for a period.

Even at that, of late I realise that I find it increasingly difficult to even indulge in unwholesome food.

The satisfaction derived isn't what it used to be years back. And each year, I notice a diminishing returns in satisfaction derived.

The next element to a life of health without drugs...is Exercise. Will discuss that in the next post.

#Health without drugs from 2018.

With Love.
Re: Health Without Drugs... by Anjinsan: 12:13pm On Nov 05, 2023
Exercise is another tool to my health without drugs from 2018.

I tried different things: jogging, weightlifting, pushups, walking, situps (which gave me blisters on my bum).

Finally, for two years now, I have settled for walking. What led to this decision?

1) Time.

2) Allows for multitasking. It can be infused with other activities, such as meditation, critical thinking etc.

Also it exercises the whole body. Will share a scientific proof for that in the next post.

Another form of exercise I habitually engage in is deep breathing.

I'm not really consistent with this. Tried different methods and left it at the way side.

Recently (2 months ago), I have been fairly consistent with a method called Yogic coffee.

More often than not, in the morning I engage in this for about 5minutes.

#Health without drugs

With Love.
Re: Health Without Drugs... by Anjinsan: 11:00am On Nov 10, 2023
DID YOU kNOW?

▪️Both the legs together have 50% of the nerves of the human body, 50% of the blood vessels and 50% of the blood is flowing through them.
*Walk*

▪️ It is the largest circulatory network that connects the body.
*So Walk daily*

▪️Only when the feet are healthy then the convention current of blood flows , smoothly, so people who have strong leg muscles will definitely have a strong heart. *Walk*

▪️Aging starts from the feet upwards.
*Walk*

▪️As a person gets older, the accuracy and speed of transmission of instructions between the brain and the legs decreases, unlike when a person is young.
*Please Walk*

▪️In addition, the so-called Bone Fertilizer Calcium will sooner or later be lost with the passage of time, making the elderly more prone to bone fractures.
*WALK*

▪️Bone fractures in the elderly can easily trigger a series of complications, especially fatal diseases such as brain thrombosis.
*Walk*

▪️Do you know that 15% of elderly patients generally, will die max. within a year of a thigh-bone fracture !!
*Walk daily without fail*

▪️ Exercising the legs, is never too late, even after the age of 50 years.
*W A L K*

▪️Although our feet/legs will gradually age with time, exercising our feet/ legs is a life-long task.
*Walk 10,000 steps*

▪️Only by regular strengthening the legs, one can prevent or reduce further aging.
*Walk 365 days*

▪️ Please walk, leave your computer desk, stay off that your favourite programs on television, ignore that beautiful car of yours, for at least 30-40 minutes daily to ensure that your legs receive sufficient exercise and to ensure that your leg muscles remain healthy.
*KEEP WALKING*

You should share this important information with all your 40+years" friends and family members, as everyone is aging on a daily basis.....

Copied
Re: Health Without Drugs... by jeffersonsam: 12:27pm On Nov 10, 2023
Really this is an amazing health information. Lots of people are still not following the proper food diet in their daily life. Many of them are skipping their daily workouts. This will surely affect their body health and also open a door for several health issues.

1 Like

Re: Health Without Drugs... by Anjinsan: 2:41pm On Nov 16, 2023
Another sauce of my health with out drugs is: Ginger.

I used this first during the covid period. And ever since it's my first go to when cold persists.

Exposed my self to cold two nights ago. In fact, I woke up freezing, as I rushed for my sweeter.

Despite this, I still had a cold shower the next morning, night and even this morning, like I usually do. (Yes that's another sauce - cold baths).

Yester night, the cold didn't abate, so I took a ginger tea. Using raw ginger.

Did same this morning.

Feeling better.

#Health without drugs

With Love.
Re: Health Without Drugs... by Anjinsan: 4:42pm On Nov 19, 2023
Prayer is my next sauce of Health without drugs.

Regularly, at least daily in thanksgiving I am grateful to God for my vibrant health.

And when I notice any subtle form of ill health, I go God in prayer, after which, I follow with Thanksgiving.

#Health without drugs

With Love.
Re: Health Without Drugs... by Anjinsan: 12:17pm On Dec 02, 2023
Another sauce to my health without drugs...is Faith. Pure child like faith that I will be healthy without drugs.

For the first time since 2018, I had to check my vitals. The Doc was satifised with the PCV, Cholesterol, temperature, bla bla bla, he only picked on the B.P.

The B.P was 140/70...Doc says the upper should be 120....I smiled.

How about if he knew sometime in 2016, the up was 180... and my weight back then was 90kg.

Now my weight is 76kg and BP. up 140...all without drugs.

Also I did a research on Google and saw there was a time when 140 was the acceptable rate...it keeps coming down with each succeeding decade. Haba! Let me keep doing the one I understand.

The other questions from the Doctor was just all Nos.

1) Do you drink Alcohol - No. Haven't drank for two year now.

2) Are you on hypertension medication - No.

3) Do you smoke - No.

4) Have you ever been operated - No.

5) Do you use glasses - No.

#Health without drugs

With Love.
Re: Health Without Drugs... by LIVINGICONREBOR: 12:31pm On Dec 02, 2023
This is good stuff right here.👍

1 Like

Re: Health Without Drugs... by Anjinsan: 9:20pm On Dec 15, 2023
Another sauce to my health without drugs...is Positive emotions.

In this world, there would always be things to worry about. When we habitually remain in a negative state of mind, such as: anxiety or anger, health suffers.

It's a gradual corrosion on one's health. That trifle or major issue that brought one down health wise was just the climax, it's been boiling, getting solid overtime, till health crashed.

A realization of the above, on the dangers of what I call the double arrows: anxiety and anger, made me some years ago to make a commitment to filling myself with positive emotions. such as joy, calm-confidence, courage, etc.

There are imageries, I use to discourage myself from watering a negative emotion. One of such imageries, when a negative emotion rears its head is:

A sword piercing through my heart or a knife inflicting wounds on my body.

This and other techniques reinforces the futility of encouraging negative emotions, of discouraging negative thoughts which even births this emotions.

So, that's probably the last but not the least secret to my Health without drugs, since 2018.

If I can remember more secrets, I will share in the next post. If not, I will list these secrets into two categories and the importance I attach to each of them.

#Health without drugs

With Love.
Re: Health Without Drugs... by Anjinsan: 3:36am On Jan 14
Habitually living each day actively is another secret to my life of Health without drugs...

Actively entails living it purposefully, productively.

The way I have trained myself, I feel sick when I am purposelessly idle.

Yet, when I am purposefully active, it seems I am on steroid. In that state the purposeful activity becomes food to me...often I have skipped a meal or two...in a purposeful active state...be it spiritual or work.

Perhaps this may be the last secret sauce to my health without drugs.

#Health without drugs

With Love.
Re: Health Without Drugs... by Anjinsan: 12:21pm On Feb 18
After God created for six days, on the seventh day he rested.

Rest is an important element to my Health without drugs since 2018..

I don't joke with my night sleep, habitually I sleep for 6/7 hours most nights...

One day in the weekend...I relax with hobbies I enjoy, reading, writing, singing, music...

as I post this I am listening to Yanni..

After six days of activity, I rest the seventh day to refresh and become ready o go again.

This is my last sauce to Health without drugs since 2018.

What next on this thread?

Perhaps, sharing some interesting highlights from my life on Health Without Drugs.

#Health without drugs

With Love.

(1) (Reply)

Glaucoma Treatment.pls / I Need Urgent Help For My Friend / Cnn: Half Of US Doctors Would Leave Medicine For Other Career

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.