Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,584 members, 7,820,108 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

Would You Buy A Stolen Goods If It Is Very Cheap - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Would You Buy A Stolen Goods If It Is Very Cheap (1087 Views)

Man In Court For Allegedly Securing A Job With Stolen Certificate / Stolen Babies Reunited With Parents In Imo / Stolen Car Recovered After 36 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Buy A Stolen Goods If It Is Very Cheap by henrychubayo: 4:18pm On Oct 22, 2011
You went to the market to buy a goods. But your money was not enough to buy these goods. You went thru many shops and find out the actual price and find your money below these price tag. On your way going, someone came with the goods and ask you to buy. You check it properly and it is the same with the market quality. Then he ask you to bring that your money you were pricing. He also told you that, he manage to take it without his master's notice. Is it right for one to buy these stolen goods if it is very cheap? Tell me your view and reasons
Re: Would You Buy A Stolen Goods If It Is Very Cheap by Nobody: 8:40pm On Oct 23, 2011
In the past I wouldn't have thought much about it. But I know how irritating its like to bebstolen from. I was in lagos n wanted to buy a cheap bb n was told I could buy a "hot" one for that price. So I didn't buy one. Short answer no I won't buy a stolen item especially if it was a frivolousity. But if I was hungry n didn't have enough money it would be a different story.
Re: Would You Buy A Stolen Goods If It Is Very Cheap by kayswag100(m): 6:12am On Oct 24, 2011
Hmmm, thank God Nairalanders have actually started overlooking 'Henglish'.
Really d dawn of a new era!
Re: Would You Buy A Stolen Goods If It Is Very Cheap by iice(f): 2:34pm On Oct 24, 2011
Probably.
Re: Would You Buy A Stolen Goods If It Is Very Cheap by henrychubayo: 3:14pm On Apr 06, 2012
It is good to know the way other people respond to these. Here in south africa, people can buy stolen goods and no problems. Yesterday, someone came with a black berry phone and asked me to buy. I didn't buy it because i had no money and there is no problems buying stolen phone because the highest the owner of the stolen phone will do is to block it and make it useless. But when i was in 9ja, i saw people being arrested for buying stolen things. Here is my point, if you knowingly see i stolen goods, its good not to buy cause it will discourage the person will still and if will eventually stop. But if you went inside a market and bought a stolen goods unknowingly, plz be aware that the law of business in nigeria states that if you buy a goods whether stolen or non stolen in public market, you don't have a case to answer. Initially, police might try to make you fear but if you know the implications of these business law, you should not panick. Also make sure to ask for receipt even if you know its a stolen goods cause its a very strong evidence in court when it bear the name of the public market and any person.

(1) (Reply)

Do Naira Land Do The Same? / oooooooooooooooooooooooooo / Dont 2go Tomorrw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.