Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,667 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

"Why Onitsha Look Down On All Other Igbos" - Nnamdi Azikiwe Reveals (photo) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Why Onitsha Look Down On All Other Igbos" - Nnamdi Azikiwe Reveals (photo) (3646 Views)

The set of Igbos Nnamdi Kanu needs to creat biafra ;Emeka Ugwuonye / Nigerian Military Bombing, Secretly Killing Igbos – Nnamdi Kanu Alleges / Buhari Hates Igbos - Nnamdi Kanu, IPOB Insists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Why Onitsha Look Down On All Other Igbos" - Nnamdi Azikiwe Reveals (photo) by IDENNAA(m): 2:55pm On Dec 11, 2023
spearman:

You lie. Hear it from the Obi himself.
The people of Onitsha are from the Benin Empire (Edo Kingdom).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrxQKyPh7I8

Is that what the Obi of Onicha said in this interview ? You are unbelievable. I am sure you dont understand Igbo but suddenly you want to translate Igbo to Ndigbo
Re: "Why Onitsha Look Down On All Other Igbos" - Nnamdi Azikiwe Reveals (photo) by agadez007(m): 3:18pm On Dec 11, 2023
sotall:

No , I added India, Indonesia, and Malaysia prisons where your kinsmen are on death penalty for doing drugs.

Go back to history, we the Edos are greater than you igbos. Its a fact. The records are there.

Its the British that gave you red caps if not, your igwe will be in the bush roaming aimlessly.
Lol,E pain am

Baba,there is nothing special in you as a bini people,you can’t use your bini-nese to take money from the bank,your bini ancestors didn’t even invent shit
Everytime bini bini bini,like say na una discover the Moon
So what’s special about you?
Re: "Why Onitsha Look Down On All Other Igbos" - Nnamdi Azikiwe Reveals (photo) by sotall(m): 3:28pm On Dec 11, 2023
agadez007:
Lol,E pain am

Baba,there is nothing special in you as a bini people,you can’t use your bini-nese to take money from the bank,your bini ancestors didn’t even invent shit
Everytime bini bini bini,like say na una discover the Moon
So what’s special about you?

See as jealousy wan kee you and your fellow kinsmen.

You hate all the hype we the Edos have been getting.

Why our ancestors built enviable civilization, yours were in the bush roaming with monkeys.

End of discussion here as i have schooled you and your kinsmen.
Re: "Why Onitsha Look Down On All Other Igbos" - Nnamdi Azikiwe Reveals (photo) by agadez007(m): 3:59pm On Dec 11, 2023
sotall:

See as jealousy wan kee you and your fellow kinsmen.

You hate all the hype we the Edos have been getting.

Why our ancestors built enviable civilization, yours were in the bush roaming with monkeys.

End of discussion here as i have schooled you and your kinsmen.
Jealous of what exactly,I should be jealous of the people that their ancestors invented Train,electricity,plane etc
Those are the people I should be jealous of,not some black people running around one Oba that couldn’t defend himself and got banished to die in Calabar like a common fugitive

Talk another thing please
Re: "Why Onitsha Look Down On All Other Igbos" - Nnamdi Azikiwe Reveals (photo) by sotall(m): 4:07pm On Dec 11, 2023
agadez007:
Jealous of what exactly,I should be jealous of the people that their ancestors invented Train,electricity,plane etc
Those are the people I should be jealous of,not some black people running around one Oba that couldn’t defend himself and got banished to die in Calabar like a common fugitive

Talk another thing please

Oh! You are envious of the best civilization that West Africa had before the whiteman came grin grin

Envy no go kee you ooo.

Go and check what the whitemen wrote about Edo the first time they came. We were organized. They compared Benin City to Europe as at 14th Century.

But let me ask you..what about your people?

Where were they?

Just roaming aimlessly inside Bush with monkeys.

And once in a while we usually come to raid your villages and kidnap your people and sell to the whiteman as slaves.

I read a report that the word "Igbo" is derived from Igala word for slaves. You guys were nothing but slaves.
Re: "Why Onitsha Look Down On All Other Igbos" - Nnamdi Azikiwe Reveals (photo) by KwuoteYourFada: 4:28pm On Dec 11, 2023
sotall:

You have no point again!

Now is to come and rant and say una too small.

Two years to what?

Need i remind you it was the British that gave you the Kings you now call Eze?

When they came you guys were roaming in the bush and they had to give the sellouts amongst you their red headwarmer to use as your identity.

Now everywhere you go, your chiefs and kings go everywhere with a red headwarmer given to them by the British.

If othet tribes in Nigeria are talking of history, you guys should go and sleep cos you got nothing worthwhile to talk about aside roaming in the bush with monkeys.

We even had your people as our slaves and sold many of you out.

If you need me to tell you your history, i will be glad to spill it here.
Yes you're right Igbos didn't have kings because we believed in egbe belu ugo belu which means representative government where people bring ideas together instead of one person deciding everyone's fate
Igbos are individualistic

So royalty is now you count civilization? What an illitrate!Hahaha

What are we practicing now?

Is exactly what Igbos have always practiced

Which is representative Confederation of communities

Very decentralised government like we have now in Nigeria cheesy

Your oba power is confined to his 18 LGA noise makers

If federal government want they'll will remove him

Igbos were fvcking ahead of thier times

We read and write in Akagu
Did binins read or write in thier local language?

We made the first iron smelting in Nigeria

We made the first bronze works outdating every others

We made pyramids in udi Enugu State

We had dates and times

We circumcised while your people are going about with uncircumcised gbola cheesy grin

Overated people of 18 LGAs grin

And yes it took British 2 years to scatter Arochukwu confederacy because it was decentralised
Re: "Why Onitsha Look Down On All Other Igbos" - Nnamdi Azikiwe Reveals (photo) by sotall(m): 4:32pm On Dec 11, 2023
KwuoteYourFada:

Yes you're right Igbos didn't have kings because we believed in egbe belu ugo belu which means representative government where people bring ideas together instead of one person deciding everyone's fate
Igbos are individualistic

So royalty is now you count civilization? What an illitrate!Hahaha

What are we practicing now?

Is exactly what Igbos have always practiced

Which is representative Confederation of communities

Very decentralised government like we have now in Nigeria cheesy

Your oba power is confined to his 18 LGA noise makers

If federal government want they'll will remove him

Igbos were fvcking ahead of thier times

We read and write in Akagu
Did binins read or write in thier local language?

We made the first iron smelting in Nigeria

We made the first bronze works outdating every others

We made pyramids in udi Enugu State

We had dates and times

We circumcised while your people are going about with uncircumcised gbola cheesy grin

Overated people of 18 LGAs grin

And yes it took British 2 years to scatter Arochukwu confederacy because it was decentralised

Ahead of where?

Read and write what? You guys were roaming inside Bush while other of your kinsmen served as slaves.

And right now all over Southeast you have Eze everywhere.

Where did this Ezes suddenly come from? And who are these Ezes? They were appointed by the British and they started wearing red caps grin

So you guys suddenly realized civilization comes with forming central leadership.

If you dont know your history let me school you.

It was a Yoruba man by name Samuel Ajayi Crowther that came and translated the English Bible for you guys. You guys didn't have any atom of civilization in you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Why Onitsha Look Down On All Other Igbos" - Nnamdi Azikiwe Reveals (photo) by creativehubb: 9:11pm On Dec 11, 2023
paramakina202:

Unlike Lagos where Oba of Bini have documented evidence that they founded Lagos in the case of Onitsha he have no single evidence any Bini man have ever set foot in Igboland.
Nnamdi Azikiwe confirmed it in his book, and it's quite common history.
Re: "Why Onitsha Look Down On All Other Igbos" - Nnamdi Azikiwe Reveals (photo) by paramakina202: 9:31pm On Dec 11, 2023
creativehubb:

No evidence.Nnamdi son of Azikiwe is an Igbo man.
Re: "Why Onitsha Look Down On All Other Igbos" - Nnamdi Azikiwe Reveals (photo) by agadez007(m): 10:09pm On Dec 11, 2023
sotall:

Oh! You are envious of the best civilization that West Africa had before the whiteman came grin grin

Envy no go kee you ooo.

Go and check what the whitemen wrote about Edo the first time they came. We were organized. They compared Benin City to Europe as at 14th Century.

But let me ask you..what about your people?

Where were they?

Just roaming aimlessly inside Bush with monkeys.

And once in a while we usually come to raid your villages and kidnap your people and sell to the whiteman as slaves.

I read a report that the word "Igbo" is derived from Igala word for slaves. You guys were nothing but slaves.
I didn’t ask for all these Epistles
Just mention one thing that your people invented or are good at

Stop telling me your family history

As far as I am concerned,the bini I have visited can’t be even compared with The Congo talk more of the dirtiest European town

So it’s no longer a Yoruba term,now it’s igala,later it will be mandarin language,make una dey pass am to una self
Re: "Why Onitsha Look Down On All Other Igbos" - Nnamdi Azikiwe Reveals (photo) by orisa37: 4:48am On Dec 12, 2023
LET US DECLARE ABEOKUTA, ONITSHA AND SOKOTO AS NEW STATES.
Re: "Why Onitsha Look Down On All Other Igbos" - Nnamdi Azikiwe Reveals (photo) by orisa37: 4:52am On Dec 12, 2023
LET US DECLARE ABEOKUTA, ONITSHA AND SOKOTO AS NEW STATES.

ARRANT BIGOTRY AND UNNECESSARY COMPLEX.
Re: "Why Onitsha Look Down On All Other Igbos" - Nnamdi Azikiwe Reveals (photo) by paramakina202: 8:59am On Dec 12, 2023
creativehubb:

Zik himself have no evidence.
Re: "Why Onitsha Look Down On All Other Igbos" - Nnamdi Azikiwe Reveals (photo) by creativehubb: 1:40pm On Dec 12, 2023
paramakina202:

Zik himself have no evidence.
That is the greatest Igbo man that ever liveth...are you saying Zik, the Political grandfather of alaigbo, the one who signed indigbo into this Nigeria, has no credibility 🤔
Re: "Why Onitsha Look Down On All Other Igbos" - Nnamdi Azikiwe Reveals (photo) by paramakina202: 2:50pm On Dec 12, 2023
creativehubb:

That is the greatest Igbo man that ever liveth...are you saying Zik, the Political grandfather of alaigbo, the one who signed indigbo into this Nigeria, has no credibility 🤔

Zik was a human never perfect.
Eze Chima was never a Bini man.

1 Like

Re: "Why Onitsha Look Down On All Other Igbos" - Nnamdi Azikiwe Reveals (photo) by gidgiddy: 3:07pm On Dec 12, 2023
sotall:

You see you all igbos here are ignorant.

There is no language called Bini.

Its called Edo . And the Sstate is called Edo state for a reason.

And let me remind you, Edo state is bigger than 3 southeast states put together.

You guys are whacked. Im from Anambra, I did my NYSC in Edo State Etsako West. Edo people are not even up to 5 Local governments. Others in Edo State such as Etskako, Igbanke, Owan and Afenmai dont even understand Edo language. Not even Akoko-Edo speaks Edo. The entire population of Edo State does not even come close to that of just Anambra.

Bini people are a minority in Nigeria. May be at some point, the Bini empire was huge and strong, but that was a long time ago, those days are over

Get used to it
Re: "Why Onitsha Look Down On All Other Igbos" - Nnamdi Azikiwe Reveals (photo) by sotall(m): 3:32pm On Dec 12, 2023
gidgiddy:

You guys are whacked. Im from Anambra, I did my NYSC in Edo State Etsako West. Edo people are not even up to 5 Local governments. Others in Edo State such as Etskako, Igbanke, Owan and Afenmai dont even understand Edo language. Not even Akoko-Edo speaks Edo. The entire population of Edo State does not even come close to that of just Anambra.

Bini people are a minority in Nigeria. May be at some point, the Bini empire was huge and strong, but that was a long time ago, those days are over

Get used to it

Are all people in Anambra igbo-speaking?

I said it that majority of you are ignorant and chest beaters. There is no region in Nigeria where the language is homogeneous including your Anambra.

Here is evidence. You can sulk on it.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dr Olufunimilayo Takes Down Sen. Ben Bruce After 'buy Nigeria' Tweet / All Selectivity Cases Endorsed For Trial By Ribadu May Be Nullified / GEJ Is On A Mission To Destablize Nigeria For Disintegration In 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.