Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,361 members, 7,812,024 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:32 AM

"Why Onitsha Look Down On All Other Igbos" - Nnamdi Azikiwe Reveals (photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Why Onitsha Look Down On All Other Igbos" - Nnamdi Azikiwe Reveals (photo) (3618 Views)

The set of Igbos Nnamdi Kanu needs to creat biafra ;Emeka Ugwuonye / Nigerian Military Bombing, Secretly Killing Igbos – Nnamdi Kanu Alleges / Buhari Hates Igbos - Nnamdi Kanu, IPOB Insists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Why Onitsha Look Down On All Other Igbos" - Nnamdi Azikiwe Reveals (photo) by spearman(m): 12:48pm On Oct 12, 2023
The Benin Origin Of Onitsha: By Late President Nnamdi Azikiwe-

The first President of Nigeria. Nnamdi Azikiwe: My Genealogy and Nativity

"Thus, in tracing my paternal lineage, I could say that both parents of my father are direct descendants of Eze Chima. As for me, I can trace my paternal ancestry in this wise: I am the first son of Chukwuemeka, who was the third child and first son of Azikiwe, who was the second son of Molokwu, who was the third son of Ozomaocha, who was the second son of Inosi Onira, who was the fourth son of Dei, the second son of Eze Chima, the founder of Onitsha."

SOURCE - Nnamdi A zikiwe: My Odyssey, Chapter I (Spectrum Books, 1970) "My Genealogy and Nativity" P4
"I can trace my maternal ancestry thus: I am the first son of Nwanonaku Rachel Chinwe Ogbenyeanu (Aghadiuno)Azikiwe, who was third daughter of Aghadiuno Ajie, the fifth son of Onowu Agbani, first daughter of Obi Udokwu, the son who descended from five Kings of Onitsha. Five of these rulers of Onitsha were direct lineal descendants of Eze Chima (PRINCE OHIME), who led his warrior adventurers when they left Benin to establish the Onitsha city state in about 1748 AD.

" SOURCE - Nnamdi Azikiwe: My Odyssey, Chapter I (Spectrum Books, 1970) "My Genealogy and Nativity" P5[b] "One day I asked her (grandmother) the meaning of the word 'Onitsha'. She explained that it had historical significance. The terminology meant one who despised another. It is a contraction of two words, Onini to despise, and Ncha meaning others. So that the two words when joined together mean one who despises others. Then I asked her why we despised others. She patted me on the back and told me that it was due to our aristocratic background and tradition. I insisted that she should explain to me the basis of this supercilious social attitude. She told me that we despised others because we descended from the Royal House of Benin and so regarded ourselves as the superiors of other tribes who had no royal blood in their veins, "

"I continued to belabor my grandmother to tell me more of the history and origins of the Onitsha people. She narrated that many many years ago, there lived at Idu (Benin) a great Oba who had many children. Due to a power struggle regarding the right of precedence among princes of the blood and other altercations, there was a civil war in Benin. One day, the supporters of one of the princes insulted and assaulted Queen Asije, the mother of of the Oba of Benin, who was accused of having trespassed on their farmland. Enraged at this evidence of indiscipline and lawlessness, the Oba ordered his war chief and brother, Gbunwala Asije to apprehend and punish the insurgents. In the attempt to penalize them, Chima (OHIME), the ultimate founder of the Onitsha City-State, a Prince of the blood in his own right, led the recalcitrants against his Uncle, Gbunwala. This intensified the civil war which rent the kingdom of Benin in two and led to the founding of Onitsha Ado N'Idu, "As the great trek from Benin progressed, some did not have the stout heart of the pioneer-warrior, and decided to settle at different places, known today as Onitsha -Ugbo, Onitsha-Olona, Onitsha-Mili, Obior, Issele Ukwu, Ossomari, Aboh, etc.

" SOURCE - Nnamdi Azikiwe: My Odyssey, I (Spectrum Books, 1970) "My Genealogy and Nativity" P 11 - 12.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Why Onitsha Look Down On All Other Igbos" - Nnamdi Azikiwe Reveals (photo) by Bendeco2020: 12:56pm On Oct 12, 2023
You guys won't rest?

Opening topics everywhere about Anioma and Onitsha.

The fact remain that from Ika/Anioma to Onitsha have the same ancestral link but are still Igbo.

Of all the history origins that I read, the one I believed is that the founder of Anioma and Onitsha are Igbos that traveled to West (Yoruba land) , stayed for long time and later returned.

The name of the founder is Chima (Igbo name) that already confirmed and cleared everything.

Chima is an Igbo name not Benin name.

Am from Umuikem Village, Onitsha

Inside Onitsha, all are not from Chima clan. Igala (Olu people) meaning riverline people are also in Onitsha plus few already existing Igbo people before the arrival of Chima.

My village Umuikem is classified under Ogbe Olu (Riverline people).

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Why Onitsha Look Down On All Other Igbos" - Nnamdi Azikiwe Reveals (photo) by creativehubb: 12:56pm On Oct 12, 2023
The colonial thieves were so afraid of Benin empire, they quickly came up with Wazobia, when in reality, Benin empire created Onitsha. Long live the great Benin empire.only fools that do not know history will take that wazobia contraption created by the colonial thieves serious. WAZOBIA is a farce, a fake contraption of the British, because they were afraid of ascribing any powers to the great Benin people.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Why Onitsha Look Down On All Other Igbos" - Nnamdi Azikiwe Reveals (photo) by Dest8sman: 1:00pm On Oct 12, 2023
Benin royal house had never corroborated this claim. Onitsha is older than the 18th century been projected by the writeup.
Besides, let us also wait for Igallas to tell us how the town was founded by one of their great Princes.
What remains unsolved by these made in China historians is that from the beginning, the people of the land bore Igbo names and spoke Igbo language up till date.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Why Onitsha Look Down On All Other Igbos" - Nnamdi Azikiwe Reveals (photo) by gidgiddy: 1:03pm On Oct 12, 2023
creativehubb:
The colonial thieves were so afraid of Benin empire, they quickly came up with Wazobia, when in reality, Benin empire created Onitsha. Long live the great Benin empire.

The Benin empire created Onitsha? Really? Try asking anyine from Bini what "Onisha" means and watch them fall flat on their face

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Why Onitsha Look Down On All Other Igbos" - Nnamdi Azikiwe Reveals (photo) by Bendeco2020: 1:03pm On Oct 12, 2023
creativehubb:
The colonial thieves were so afraid of Benin empire, they quickly came up with Wazobia, when in reality, Benin empire created Onitsha. Long live the great Benin empire.
Be deceiving yourself.

So Britain are afraid of Benin empire?

Fulani conquered north, britain came conquered and took over North from them.

If not for Britain, Fulani would have over run Benin.

U dey measure dick with Britain, first fight your mate.

How did islam enetered Auchi (Edo State)?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Why Onitsha Look Down On All Other Igbos" - Nnamdi Azikiwe Reveals (photo) by spearman(m): 1:06pm On Oct 12, 2023
gidgiddy:

The Benin empire created Onitsha? Really? Try asking anyine from Bini what "Onisha" means and watch them fall flat on their face

"One day I asked her (grandmother)"

So you know his own history better than him - the great Zik of Africa and you know their history better than the grandmother, Who do Ibo people this thing?

Obi of Onitsha nkor?
The people of Onitsha are from the Benin Empire (Edo Kingdom). Obi of Onitsha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrxQKyPh7I8

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Why Onitsha Look Down On All Other Igbos" - Nnamdi Azikiwe Reveals (photo) by Kestolove(m): 1:07pm On Oct 12, 2023
Tinubu is bigger than Azikiwe, ironsi, ojukwu and all the iyamiri's

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Why Onitsha Look Down On All Other Igbos" - Nnamdi Azikiwe Reveals (photo) by creativehubb: 1:10pm On Oct 12, 2023
Bendeco2020:

Be deceiving yourself.

So Britain are afraid of Benin empire?

Fulani conquered north, britain came conquered and took over North from them.

If North for Britain, Fulan would over run Benin.

U dey measure dick with Britain, first fight your mate first.

How did islam enetered Auchi (Edo State)?
Mumu look at the timelines, Fulani people were scared of the great empire, Usman Dan fodio has ransacked Hausa lands, and was stopped by the Benin warriors, Usman Dan fodio jihad started in 1804, and the British invaded Benin in 1890, fool. So the timelines don't match your argument, Usman Dan fodio and his Fulani jihadist were afraid of the Benin empire, if they could they would, the time between the jihad and British invasion of Benin was 80 years, what stopped Usman Dan fodio all these 80 years. Dumb head, you better be greatful for Benin empire otherwise all of you will be Muslims now.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Why Onitsha Look Down On All Other Igbos" - Nnamdi Azikiwe Reveals (photo) by Bendeco2020: 1:15pm On Oct 12, 2023
creativehubb:

Mumu look at the timelines, Fulani people were scared of the great empire, Usman Dan fodio has ransacked Hausa lands, and was stopped by the Benin warriors, Usman Dan fodio jihad started in 1804, and the British invaded Benin in 1890, fool. So the timelines don't match your argument, Usman Dan fodio and his Fulani jihadist were afraid of the Benin empire, if they could they would, the time between the jihad and British invasion of Benin was 80 years, what stopped Usman Dan fodio all these 80 years. Dumb head, you better be greatful for Benin empire otherwise all of you will be Muslims now.
Shut up. Howmany or large is Benin Empire for Fulani to conquer when they already conquered bigger tribes up North.

Like I told you, thank God for Britain that stopped them.

They already penetrated part of Edo (Auchi) before colonial period.

3 Likes

Re: "Why Onitsha Look Down On All Other Igbos" - Nnamdi Azikiwe Reveals (photo) by creativehubb: 1:18pm On Oct 12, 2023
Bendeco2020:

Shut up. Howmany or large is Benin Empire for Fulani to conquer when they already conquered bigger tribes up North.

All of you were slaves of the empire then, Igbo as a people was created by Benin empire. You are a fool see the timelines cowards. A people that collected taxes from aworis to access Lagos...ask your grandfather about the gods of the earth. Slave. If you don't know history, learn and stop talking nonsense. Usman Dan fodio tried encroachment of south but was stopped by the military of the Benin empire. There is 80 years period between when Usman Dan fodio came with his Fulani foot soldiers to force us West Africans, to become Muslims, and the period the British came to Benin. 80 years is enough to invade Benin, but they were pushed back .. fulanis knows their boundaries even then and now.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Why Onitsha Look Down On All Other Igbos" - Nnamdi Azikiwe Reveals (photo) by Neckpresser101: 1:20pm On Oct 12, 2023
Bendeco2020:

They already penetrated part of Edo (Auchi) before colonial period.

Another lie grin

Have you heard of Agbede and it's neighboring communities in northern edo ?

They're conquered Muslims

Lamba people

Edo are overhyped no cap

Igbos were ahead of them

Igbos are way more ancient than any tribe in Nigeria

My reasons are based on archeological facts

1. Nsude pyramids Udi Enugu State dated 2630-2610 BC

2. Igbo potteries they're distinct with Uli design which is an igbo artistic style Results indicate that pottery making has been in existence in the Igbo culture region since before 2000 B.C. The earliest evidence to date comes from Afikpo.

3. Igbo ukwu bronze works almost all dates back to the 9th century AD
The arts where first ever bronze work done in not just Nigeria but west Africa as a whole at that time using a lost wax casting method to make the surface well detailed.
The composition of the metal alloys used in the production of the bronze is unique, with an unusually high silver content and is distinct from alloys used in Europe, the Mediterranean or other African bronze centers
The Grove Encyclopedia of Materials and Techniques in Art describes them as being "among the most inventive and technically accomplished bronzes ever made cool

4. Nsịbịdị writting have been dated to 400 AD and even earlier

Igbos are very ancient people like my grandad use to say

Igbo is a compressed igbo word for "ndi gbo" literally means "old people" in my dialect

Igbo civilization outdates even the nok civilization in Nigeria

12 Likes

Re: "Why Onitsha Look Down On All Other Igbos" - Nnamdi Azikiwe Reveals (photo) by Mrfeel: 1:21pm On Oct 12, 2023
spearman:

So you know his own history better than him - the great Zik of Africa and you know their history better than the grandmother, Who do Ibo people this thing?
So zik and his grandmother knows the history of the Igbos more than the Igbos? First who are the Igbos? Can you define who the Igbos are?

2 Likes

Re: "Why Onitsha Look Down On All Other Igbos" - Nnamdi Azikiwe Reveals (photo) by Bendeco2020: 1:24pm On Oct 12, 2023
creativehubb:

All of you were slaves of the empire then, Igbo as a people was created by Benin empire. You are a fool see the timelines cowards. A people that collected taxes from aworis to access Lagos...ask your grandfather about the gods of the earth. Slave. If you don't know history, learn and stop talking nonsense. Usman Dan fodio tried encroachment of south but was stopped by the military of the Benin empire.
grin

Be lying and giving yourself hope.

If you meet strong tribe you will know.

Same Benin that a Fulani abi na Hausa man cutoff a woman's head last year and all the crowd there were just making noise till police arrive and took off the Fulani Man.

I don't even see Benin as a tough tribe.

I even rate Ijaw ahead of Benin in terms of braveness.

1 Like

Re: "Why Onitsha Look Down On All Other Igbos" - Nnamdi Azikiwe Reveals (photo) by spearman(m): 1:26pm On Oct 12, 2023
Mrfeel:

So zik and his grandmother knows the history of the Igbos more than the Igbos? First who are the Igbos? Can you define who the Igbos are?

Why don't you write your own book first like Zik of Africa? We know, we know; Ibo man knows it all. The sole custodian of all things true.
I Before Others

3 Likes

Re: "Why Onitsha Look Down On All Other Igbos" - Nnamdi Azikiwe Reveals (photo) by Mrfeel: 1:29pm On Oct 12, 2023
spearman:

Why don't you write your own book first like Zik of Africa? We know, we know; Ibo man knows it all. The sole custodian of all things true.
I Before Others
I ask the question again, who is a igbo man, who are the Igbos, define who the Igbos are?

1 Like

Re: "Why Onitsha Look Down On All Other Igbos" - Nnamdi Azikiwe Reveals (photo) by creativehubb: 1:30pm On Oct 12, 2023
Bendeco2020:

grin

Be lying and giving yourself hope.

If you meet strong tribe you will know. Same Benin that a Fulani abi na Hausa man cutoff a woman's head last year and all the crowd there were just making noise till police arrive and took off the Fulani Man.

Am not even seeing Benin as a tough tribe.

If they could they would, even today the fulanis are trying to encroach south, between the start of the jihad of Usman Dan fodio and when the British came to Benin was 80 years, 80 years is enough for the Fulani jihadist to take the south if they could, they tried but were chased back by the military of the Benin empire. The fulanis didn't go back by themselves they were chases back, their plan was to force us all to become Muslims. When you people were bush men, Benin empire had civilized states, and an army that can raise 10,000 men within days. If not for Benin empire you would be a Muslim today. Show respect to the gods of the earth. Nnamdi Azikiwe the greatest Igbo man that lived is telling you in his book, and you are still arguing.

Have you seen Benin city walls, longer than the walls of China, have you seen the Benin moat, a defense mechanism built by the empire thousands of years ago, when your progenitors were bush men. You are a slave, we are gods and kings. History is history, what a slave like you think is inconsequential.

4 Likes

Re: "Why Onitsha Look Down On All Other Igbos" - Nnamdi Azikiwe Reveals (photo) by spearman(m): 1:34pm On Oct 12, 2023
creativehubb:

If they could they would, even today the fulanis are trying to encroach south, between the start of the jihad of Usman Dan fodio and when the British came to Benin was 80 years, 80 years is enough for the Fulani jihadist to take the south if they could, they tried but we're chased back by the military of the Benin empire. The fulanis didn't go back by themselves they were chases back, their plan was to force us all to become Muslims. When you people were bush men, Benin empire had civilized states, and an army that can raise 10,000 men within days. If not for Benin empire you would be a Muslim today. Show respect to the gods of the earth. Have you seen Benin city walls, longer than the walls of China, have you seen the Benin moat, a defense mechanism built by the empire thousands of years ago, when your progenitors were bush men. You are a slave, we are gods and kings.

Benin moat was built with Ibo slave labor. No great civilization builds monuments with the labor of their own free born citizens.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Why Onitsha Look Down On All Other Igbos" - Nnamdi Azikiwe Reveals (photo) by Bendeco2020: 1:37pm On Oct 12, 2023
creativehubb:

If they could they would, even today the fulanis are trying to encroach south, between the start of the jihad of Usman Dan fodio and when the British came to Benin was 80 years, 80 years is enough for the Fulani jihadist to take the south if they could, they tried but were chased back by the military of the Benin empire. The fulanis didn't go back by themselves they were chases back, their plan was to force us all to become Muslims. When you people were bush men, Benin empire had civilized states, and an army that can raise 10,000 men within days. If not for Benin empire you would be a Muslim today. Show respect to the gods of the earth. Nnamdi Azikiwe the greatest Igbo man that lived is telling you in his book, and you are still arguing.

Have you seen Benin city walls, longer than the walls of China, have you seen the Benin moat, a defense mechanism built by the empire thousands of years ago, when your progenitors were bush men. You are a slave, we are gods and kings. History is history, what a slave like you think is inconsequential.
Bush men but very strong.

You think to conquer bush men easy? grin

Oga assuming that Britain didn't arrive then. They will keep invading till they overun you guys.

For how long will you keep defending instead of attacking?

Who installed islam in Auchi, Edo state?

2 Likes

Re: "Why Onitsha Look Down On All Other Igbos" - Nnamdi Azikiwe Reveals (photo) by creativehubb: 1:39pm On Oct 12, 2023
spearman:

Benin moat was built with Ibo slave labor. No great civilization builds monuments with the labor of their own free born citizens.
That is what I was telling the clown, all these things built by the Benin empire, showed most of them were our slaves, it takes a lot of labor to build such marvels, the Portuguese confirmed that it is longer than the great wall of china. The Benin empire is a great one.

1 Like

Re: "Why Onitsha Look Down On All Other Igbos" - Nnamdi Azikiwe Reveals (photo) by Neckpresser101: 1:42pm On Oct 12, 2023
creativehubb:

who first did iron smithing in southern Nigeria?

Which people did the first bronze work

Which people built the only pyramids in Nigeria.

When you answer these questions you'll see that you lots are uninformed

2 Likes

Re: "Why Onitsha Look Down On All Other Igbos" - Nnamdi Azikiwe Reveals (photo) by Neckpresser101: 1:43pm On Oct 12, 2023
creativehubb:

That is what I was telling the clown, all these things built by the Benin empire, showed most of them were our slaves, it takes a lot of labor to build such marvels, the Portuguese confirmed that it is longer than the great wall of china. The Benin empire is a great one.
No evidence

Yellowba claiming bini online cheesy

1 Like

Re: "Why Onitsha Look Down On All Other Igbos" - Nnamdi Azikiwe Reveals (photo) by creativehubb: 1:43pm On Oct 12, 2023
Bendeco2020:

Bush men but very strong.

You think to conquer bush men easy? angry

Oga assuming that Britain didn't arrive then. They will keep invading till they overun you guys.

For how long will you keep defending instead of attacking?

Who installed islam in Auchi, Edo state?
Auchi is a free place, when Nigeria became one, federal government and federal army is in charge of the nation security, Nigeria is a free country, if they choose to be Muslims, so be it. Mumu, you are very dumb. As soon as Nigeria became one, no state can have its own army, we became a circular nation.

The Benin empire had no interest to force our culture on anyone, we only expanded to Lagos for trade purposes, we have always been wise, any man can choose to worship his Creator the way he likes. Igbo slaves built our walls and empire. One of the reasons for biafra war is because ojukwu raised his army. As soon as Nigeria became one, the constitution controls all, the army and federal police are the only force or police allowed. Idiot.
Re: "Why Onitsha Look Down On All Other Igbos" - Nnamdi Azikiwe Reveals (photo) by Bendeco2020: 1:44pm On Oct 12, 2023
creativehubb:

Even if you took some Igbo men then as slave it's Ika people because they're minority in western region then.

Over 90% of Igbos are found after River Niger.

Do you think that if other Igbos were united with Ika and fought you guys, you will be existing by now?

2 Likes

Re: "Why Onitsha Look Down On All Other Igbos" - Nnamdi Azikiwe Reveals (photo) by Neckpresser101: 1:46pm On Oct 12, 2023
creativehubb:

But they couldn't save northern Edo cheesy laff don kill me grin

Infact Igbos are the only big tribe that wasn't conquered by Islam grin

3 Likes

Re: "Why Onitsha Look Down On All Other Igbos" - Nnamdi Azikiwe Reveals (photo) by Bendeco2020: 1:48pm On Oct 12, 2023
Neckpresser101:

Don't mind the funny guys.

They keep hyping Benin

2 Likes

Re: "Why Onitsha Look Down On All Other Igbos" - Nnamdi Azikiwe Reveals (photo) by creativehubb: 1:51pm On Oct 12, 2023
Neckpresser101:

who first did iron smithing in southern Nigeria?

Which people did the first bronze work

Which people built the only pyramids in Nigeria.

When you answer these questions you'll see that you lots are uninformed

Nobody is arguing that there were some indigenous igboid people living in the south eastern lands from way back, yes I know igboid people were great blacksmith then, but you people never had the strength or skill to create an empire, Benin had an empire, wealthy, with military and slaves, so it's very likely that most of your people were captured to work for the empire. Thank God the dynasty is still very much alive...the culture, traditions and spirituality are uniquely Benin and different. If you see Benin bronze works, the depictions are of Benin kings, Queens, symbols and artistry...that shows all was in service to the great empire.

2 Likes

Re: "Why Onitsha Look Down On All Other Igbos" - Nnamdi Azikiwe Reveals (photo) by Neckpresser101: 1:53pm On Oct 12, 2023
Bendeco2020:

Don't mind the funny guys.

They keep hyping themselves.

Same people we gave our market days o grin cheesy

We even taught them bronze works grin

We taught them uzu( smithing)

We gave them our market days

If na lie go check Thier market days they borrowe our 4 days calendar system Eke ,Órìè ,Afọ, Ǹkwọ grin
Re: "Why Onitsha Look Down On All Other Igbos" - Nnamdi Azikiwe Reveals (photo) by creativehubb: 1:57pm On Oct 12, 2023
Neckpresser101:

As soon as the British merged the tribes, and created Nigeria, the military of federal government became the only legal army and Nigeria police became the only legal police...at this point people willingly accepted either Christianity or Islam. Fool. Nigeria became a country in the late 18th century, so if they choose to be Muslims so be it, it's their choice.

We know who the warriors and conquerors are, when it was free for all, you people were our slaves, if not for the British you people will still be our slaves till today...as for Muslims in auchi it's their choice to be Muslims, Usman Dan fodio was scared of Benin empire. See how you dey laff at your stupidity like a slave you are.

1 Like

Re: "Why Onitsha Look Down On All Other Igbos" - Nnamdi Azikiwe Reveals (photo) by Neckpresser101: 2:00pm On Oct 12, 2023
creativehubb:

Nobody is arguing that there were some indigenous igboid people living in the south eastern lands from way back, yes I know igboid people were great blacksmith then, but you people never had the strength or skill to create an empire, Benin had an empire, wealthy, with military and slaves, so it's very likely that most of your people were captured to work for the empire. Thank God the dynasty is still very much alive...the culture, traditions and spirituality are uniquely Benin and different. If you see Benin bronze works, the depictions are of Benin kings, Queens, symbols and artistry...that shows all was in service to the great empire.

You're so uneducated

Having kings is not Igbo thing

We are republicans

Maybe what you means by civilization is having kings!

grin hahahaha laugh don kill me

Igbos operated a decentralised government

We were literally ahead of our time grin

You are a kid

3 Likes

Re: "Why Onitsha Look Down On All Other Igbos" - Nnamdi Azikiwe Reveals (photo) by Neckpresser101: 2:02pm On Oct 12, 2023
creativehubb:

As soon as the British merged the tribes, and created Nigeria, the military of federal government became the only legal army and Nigeria police became the only legal police...at this point people willingly accepted either Christianity or Islam. Fool. Nigeria became a country in the late 18th century, so if they choose to be Muslims so be it, it's their choice.

We know who the warriors and conquerors are, when it was free for all, you people were our slaves, if not for the British you people will still be our slaves till today...as for Muslims in auchi it's their choice to be Muslims, Usman Dan fodio was scared of Benin empire. See how you dey laff at your stupidity like a slave you are.

The warriors with Islam conquered territories you mean grin
Till tomorrow Sons of oba of Benin are slamming Thier heads grin thanks to huge success of jihad in northern edo grin

1 Like

Re: "Why Onitsha Look Down On All Other Igbos" - Nnamdi Azikiwe Reveals (photo) by spearman(m): 2:04pm On Oct 12, 2023
Mrfeel:

I ask the question again, who is a igbo man, who are the Igbos, define who the Igbos are?

Long long ago, Ibos lived West of the Niger river with everyone else. Spearheaded by the Binis who have had an insane abhorrence for cannibalism, a proclamation was made prohibiting the practice i.e. cannibalism. Many tribes refused to give up the practice of cannibalism and so were chased out with ferocity. Most of these tribes were chase into the Congo region but a few of them did not go as far. They were banished to the empty forest East of the Niger. These are the Ibos of today and that is why they remained isolated in that forest for most of their existence.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bakare Prophesies That Jonathan Will Die In Power If He Does Not Revert Fuel Pri / Boko Haram: Fg Considers New Law On Explosives / Fashola Condemns Deployment Of Unknown Men In Black Uniform On Roads In Lagos, D

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.