Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,948 members, 7,814,214 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

“In England We Believe The Schedules Are Too Busy.”- Van Dijk - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / “In England We Believe The Schedules Are Too Busy.”- Van Dijk (14450 Views)

The Schedules For First Two Laliga Matchdays Announced / Mikel Obi And Middlesbrough Teammates Visit Primary School In England (Photos) / Nigeria Believes In Juju, We Believe In God’ – Libya Coach Speaks Ahead Of Clash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “In England We Believe The Schedules Are Too Busy.”- Van Dijk by Angelfrost(m): 6:51pm On Oct 12, 2023
The Solution is quite simple... It's something called "Squad Rotation"!

If you greedy clowns and your equally greedy agents didn't take up so much in terms of transfer fees and wages, your clubs would have had more money to sign more players, giving your coaches the needed manpower to reduce the number of games played by key players.

The way forward is to increase squad depth massively... But how can that happen when Salah, Rashford, Bruno, Mbappe, Haaland, etc, earn 6 figures every week??!

You guys are ridiculously overpaid... Take wage cuts, and allow your clubs to get in more players without flouting FFP rules, and then these complaints will become history. SIMPLE!

2 Likes

Re: “In England We Believe The Schedules Are Too Busy.”- Van Dijk by samwash(m): 6:56pm On Oct 12, 2023
The guy is only telling the truth former Arsenal coach Arsène Wenger complain about this some years ago, even Steven Gerrard did also.
There are more games to play in the English premier league than any other league especially if you have a champion league spot, more over other leagues go on Christmas break but the English league don't do that.
Well you may say they earned the money but Heath has to come first.

1 Like

Re: “In England We Believe The Schedules Are Too Busy.”- Van Dijk by Dsimmer: 6:59pm On Oct 12, 2023
The coaches need to rotate a lot. Some clubs have enough good squad to rotate but are probably scared.

That can't be said for Manutd thou grin We don't even know our best 11, let alone rotation!

2 Likes

Re: “In England We Believe The Schedules Are Too Busy.”- Van Dijk by Chris2863(m): 7:03pm On Oct 12, 2023
turmacs:
Shut up, lazy idiot... Unto more than 220M Naira wey you dey collect every week, nonsense and ingredients...

Free Palestine and Let the jews return back the lands they stole from them using false claims from a book of fictitious stories

When Nelson Mandela was fighting against these wicked European Occupiers, they also called his a "terrorist" and jailed him.

I still find it hard to believe anyone from Africa will be siding with Britain and her western offshoot countries.

There was nothing like Israel until 1948.. The Jews got to where they are now (Palestinian lands) Which they now call Israel, as refugees from Europe and there are numerous video evidence of this on YouTube.
cry me a river little terrorist
Re: “In England We Believe The Schedules Are Too Busy.”- Van Dijk by LIVINGICONREBOR: 7:04pm On Oct 12, 2023
Na why una dey cut person tickets abi??🤔
Re: “In England We Believe The Schedules Are Too Busy.”- Van Dijk by nairalanda1(m): 7:06pm On Oct 12, 2023
theamazonguru:
I suggest you go to China or Saudi

China don cast since 2018. The government brought in strict regulations plus many clubs started going bankrupt.
Re: “In England We Believe The Schedules Are Too Busy.”- Van Dijk by Angelfrost(m): 7:09pm On Oct 12, 2023
EthanSly:
If the schedule is too much for you Saudi league is open

The schedule is actually ridiculous for clubs playing in Europe, but with what they are compelling their clubs to pay them in their contracts, they can't and should never complain.

If I'm well paid, and my workload is telling on me, I can suggest that my boss gets additional supportive workers, and if he insists on cutting my pay to foot the staff, and I will either agree or shut the fvck up and keep grinding away.

You can't have your cake and eat it. tongue

1 Like

Re: “In England We Believe The Schedules Are Too Busy.”- Van Dijk by nairalanda1(m): 7:10pm On Oct 12, 2023
samwash:
The guy is only telling the truth former Arsenal coach Arsène Wenger complain about this some years ago, even Steven Gerrard did also.
There are more games to play in the English premier league than any other league especially if you have a champion league spot, more over other leagues go on Christmas break but the English league don't do that.
Well you may say they earned the money but Heath has to come first.

Mourinho also once called for a Christmas break as well too.
Re: “In England We Believe The Schedules Are Too Busy.”- Van Dijk by Sillymoderators: 7:10pm On Oct 12, 2023
turmacs:
Shut up, lazy idiot... Unto more than 220M Naira wey you dey collect every week, nonsense and ingredients...

Free Palestine and Let the jews return back the lands they stole from them using false claims from a book of fictitious stories

When Nelson Mandela was fighting against these wicked European Occupiers, they also called him a "terrorist" and jailed him.

I still find it hard to believe anyone from Africa will be siding with Britain and her western offshoot countries.

There was nothing like Israel until 1948.. The Jews got to where they are now (Palestinian lands) Which they now call Israel, as refugees from Europe and there are numerous video evidence of this on YouTube.
You dey mind them! As if Bible is the only holy book in the world 🌍🌎.
Re: “In England We Believe The Schedules Are Too Busy.”- Van Dijk by phorget(m): 7:11pm On Oct 12, 2023
turmacs:

When Nelson Mandela was fighting against these wicked European Occupiers, they also called him a "terrorist" and jailed him.

So which ISRAEL was the bible mentioning?
Re: “In England We Believe The Schedules Are Too Busy.”- Van Dijk by Angelfrost(m): 7:15pm On Oct 12, 2023
nairalanda1:

The truth is... They are OVERPAID!

This is the real bone of contention... Even if their clubs have the finances to bring in more players to widen the squad, there are now strict rules against spending beyond your club's earning capacity.

They have to take pay cuts so that their clubs can sign more players on the payroll.

I honestly don't see reasons why clubs as big as Man United, Liverpool, City, Chelsea, etc, can't rotate players in key areas weekly or fortnightly.

2 Likes

Re: “In England We Believe The Schedules Are Too Busy.”- Van Dijk by samwash(m): 7:20pm On Oct 12, 2023
nairalanda1:

You see that Boxing day fixture, English fans too value that day, na their Christmas day celebration be that.
Many coaches & players have complain about it but the English FA is paying deaf ear to it, it boils down to the FA & the clubs management.
It's because those clubs makes more money, imagine the tickets sales per match for example.

1 Like

Re: “In England We Believe The Schedules Are Too Busy.”- Van Dijk by theamazonguru(m): 7:22pm On Oct 12, 2023
nairalanda1:

China don cast since 2018. The government brought in strict regulations plus many clubs started going bankrupt.

Hahahaha,going bankrupt kwa.
When dey were doing philanthropy they were feeling on top of the world.

I hope that won't be the case of this Saudi guys.
Anyways their own money long gaaaaaaaan.
Re: “In England We Believe The Schedules Are Too Busy.”- Van Dijk by osazsky(m): 7:27pm On Oct 12, 2023
turmacs:

terrorist so this means d bible was written in,1948
Re: “In England We Believe The Schedules Are Too Busy.”- Van Dijk by piper7(m): 7:28pm On Oct 12, 2023
turmacs:

So Mr man before the Jews were refugees in Europe, where did the isrealis live before?
Re: “In England We Believe The Schedules Are Too Busy.”- Van Dijk by turmacs(f): 7:30pm On Oct 12, 2023
piper7:

So Mr man before the Jews were refugees in Europe, where did the isrealis live before?
Go and ask Britain where they brought them from.. If you don't have data to do independent research by yourself, Keep living off of lies

1 Like

Re: “In England We Believe The Schedules Are Too Busy.”- Van Dijk by nairalanda1(m): 7:30pm On Oct 12, 2023
theamazonguru:

Hahahaha,going bankrupt kwa.
When dey were doing philanthropy they were feeling on top of the world.

I hope that won't be the case of this Saudi guys.
Anyways their own money long gaaaaaaaan.

Saudi is going the same way too.

The problem is, for all the money the Saudis have, it is not sustainable long term. Yes, Ronaldo is playing in Saudi, but how are TV viewing, merchandise, etc figures compared to the big European leagues.?

If China, whose sustainability was better in my opinion, collapsed, Saudi too go collapse. Unless they can find a way to get more people to watch their league on TV, and get Ronaldo and co to sell as many shirts and merch as possible.
Re: “In England We Believe The Schedules Are Too Busy.”- Van Dijk by turmacs(f): 7:33pm On Oct 12, 2023
osazsky:
terrorist so this means d bible was written in,1948
i don't have time for foolish people, especially Christians and Muslims alike. Both you and the Muslims are believers of nonsense. I believe in truth and humanity
Re: “In England We Believe The Schedules Are Too Busy.”- Van Dijk by Badgers14: 7:37pm On Oct 12, 2023
Let them all take a pay cut then!

They all want big contracts, how can the club make money if they don't play more games??
Re: “In England We Believe The Schedules Are Too Busy.”- Van Dijk by Badgers14: 7:40pm On Oct 12, 2023
nairalanda1:

We all know that's impossible.. because that's when the club make most of thier sales.

Clubs need money to run the team.

It is also a family tradition for families to sit and watch thier beloved team after enjoying the holiday meal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “In England We Believe The Schedules Are Too Busy.”- Van Dijk by Luvinghubby: 7:43pm On Oct 12, 2023
If dem bench una to rest or substitute during the match you guys will still be angry.

Salah, Mane etc... comes to mind
Re: “In England We Believe The Schedules Are Too Busy.”- Van Dijk by mpire: 7:44pm On Oct 12, 2023
turmacs:

Jobless buffoon, your birth certificate is an apology to your parents from the hospital.

Nothing sweeter than terrorists tears. Werey, is this post about Palestine?

1 Like

Re: “In England We Believe The Schedules Are Too Busy.”- Van Dijk by BurntDodo: 7:44pm On Oct 12, 2023
tejpot:
I support this totally. The world is focusing too much on productivity to justify remuneration at the expense of work-life balance which is the essence of existence. Even nature itself is an evidence of balance, no season lasts forever.
You're looking for balance from capitalists, that's like looking for good ball control from Lukaku, it can never happen.

Capitalist love to exploit, take advantage and drain. They push everything to the very last limit until it breaks, then they issue apology and move on. They'll say "that's life". Like as though we don't see the balance in nature everyday.

1 Like

Re: “In England We Believe The Schedules Are Too Busy.”- Van Dijk by mpire: 7:45pm On Oct 12, 2023
BurntDodo:

You're looking for balance from capitalists, that's like looking for good ball control from Lukaku, it can never happen.

Capitalist love to exploit, take advantage and drain. They push everything to the very last limit until it breaks, then they issue apology and move on. They'll say "that's life". Like as though we don't see the balance in nature everyday.
Re: “In England We Believe The Schedules Are Too Busy.”- Van Dijk by theamazonguru(m): 7:46pm On Oct 12, 2023
nairalanda1:

Saudi is going the same way too.

The problem is, for all the money the Saudis have, it is not sustainable long term. Yes, Ronaldo is playing in Saudi, but how are TV viewing, merchandise, etc figures compared to the big European leagues.?

If China, whose sustainability was better in my opinion, collapsed, Saudi too go collapse. Unless they can find a way to get more people to watch their league on TV, and get Ronaldo and co to sell as many shirts and merch as possible.
True
Great analysis.

1 Like

Re: “In England We Believe The Schedules Are Too Busy.”- Van Dijk by samwash(m): 7:52pm On Oct 12, 2023
Angelfrost:

The truth is... They are OVERPAID!

This is the real bone of contention... Even if their clubs have the finances to bring in more players to widen the squad, there are now strict rules against spending beyond your club's earning capacity.

They have to take pay cuts so that their clubs can sign more players on the payroll.

I honestly don't see reasons why clubs as big as Man United, Liverpool, City, Chelsea, etc, can't rotate players in key areas weekly or fortnightly.

Let me react to your last paragraph.
If you have watch keenly during the era of Wenger, Ferguson, Benítez they do team rotation especially Wenger & Ferguson, they bring in Younger players from youth & reserve team to play in FA cup, Carling cup until Mourinho came into the scene, started playing his first regular players in all competition making the league more competitive.
Mind you, these clubs management are business men, they wants profits for their investment, it can only come by winning trophies.
Now, how many of the current coaches will take the risk of playing younger players from academy.
Every team want to win trophy so, they will play their best man in all positions.
This one when clubs they change coaches anyhow.
Re: “In England We Believe The Schedules Are Too Busy.”- Van Dijk by Angelfrost(m): 8:06pm On Oct 12, 2023
samwash:

Let me react to your last paragraph.
If you have watch keenly during the era of Wenger, Ferguson, Benítez they do team rotation especially Wenger & Ferguson, they bring in Younger players from youth & reserve team to play in FA cup, Carling cup until Mourinho came into the scene, started playing his first regular players in all competition making the league more competitive.
Mind you, these clubs management are business men, they wants profits for their investment, it can only come by winning trophies.
Now, how many of the current coaches will take the risk of playing younger players from academy.
Every team want to win trophy so, they will play their best man in all positions.
This one when clubs they change coaches anyhow.

You are right... This is why I said Van Dijk's complaint is unreasonable going by what he and his fellow players earn weekly.
Re: “In England We Believe The Schedules Are Too Busy.”- Van Dijk by Miracle2020: 8:16pm On Oct 12, 2023
turmacs:

an idiot that can feed the whole of your lineage is called what?
Re: “In England We Believe The Schedules Are Too Busy.”- Van Dijk by 2Radii: 8:17pm On Oct 12, 2023
In Germany we have
1. Bundesliga, 2. DFB Pokal
In Spain...
1. Laliga, 2. Copa Del Rey
In Italy..
1. Serie A, 2. Copa Italia

Na only England get 1, premiership, FA Cup and the kabiru cop all in the name of engagement and extortion..

Make una continue na grin
Re: “In England We Believe The Schedules Are Too Busy.”- Van Dijk by DodadaKoKigbe: 8:20pm On Oct 12, 2023
That's why you're paid HEAVILY. Also, teams should be able to alternate 11 players for the league and other competitions. That way, one set of players don't get fatigued. There are solutions other than reducing the number of games. The fans (and professional betters) will not be happy with the reduction. The more the games, the more the excitement.
Re: “In England We Believe The Schedules Are Too Busy.”- Van Dijk by Bighead95(m): 8:21pm On Oct 12, 2023
.... Make una come street wey football field dey for naija same set of people go dey play Ball, without getting anything ...

If Dem wound na Dem go use there money pay bill for hospital..

Una dey get everything free with 100million every week una still dey complain. Shior

1 Like

Re: “In England We Believe The Schedules Are Too Busy.”- Van Dijk by Blazebond(m): 8:23pm On Oct 12, 2023
Is this not the loafer that denied his coach during the last international break,this loafer was so hyped that I thought he could singlehandedly take on three attackers and stifle them,a pathetic player that van gaal under the bus because he wanted to praise Messi.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Super Eagles Gets N3.6M Each As Match Bonus After Win Against Zambia / Super Eagles Drop One Position In The Latest FIFA Ranking / NBA: Ime Udoka To Become New Houston Rockets Head Coach - Sources

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.