Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,834 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

LASG Gives Home Allottees Three-Month Ultimatum - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LASG Gives Home Allottees Three-Month Ultimatum (10887 Views)

Holiday Enjoyment: Niger Delta Women Issue Akpabio One-month Ultimatum To Resign / LASG Gives Update On The Construction Of The Fourth Mainland Bridge / BIAFRA: We'll Bomb Everywhere —Simon Ekpa Threatens UN, Issues 6-Month Ultimatum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

LASG Gives Home Allottees Three-Month Ultimatum by peekspot(m): 7:47pm On Oct 13, 2023

The Lagos State Government has stated that allottees of unoccupied home units in all government-owned estates have been given a 3-month notice to occupy their apartment or forfeit their allocation.

The Commissioner for Housing, Moruf Akinderu-Fatai, gave this ultimatum during a facility tour on Friday, to assess the level of completion on site at Sheridan Garden Estate, Urban Shelter, and LagosHOMS Sangotedo Phase II, in the Eti-Osa Local Government Area of the state.

He said, “Allottees of unoccupied home units in all Government Owned Estates have been given 3 months’ notice to occupy their apartment or forfeit their allocation, a more robust plan has been developed to ensure a high level of maintenance culture in our estates and stringent guidelines have been reeled out for Facility managers and allottees who default.

“Mr. Governor has directed that low-income earners be targeted and that is why the Ministry is working with companies that can optimally make use of technology so as to deliver more affordable homes as the State Government is not out to make a profit but rather make most Lagosians homeowners.”

Akinderu-Fatai further disclosed that not less than 3,500 ongoing home units scattered all over the 5 divisions of the State would be ready for a flag-off by the end of the first year of the Sano-Olu’s administration.

He added, “The tour will afford the Ministry the opportunity to meet with contractors while on the field, discuss their challenges, give a first-hand assessment of work done so far, and proffer possible solutions to the challenges at hand.

“All hands are on deck to ensure that the vision of Mr. Governor Babajide Olushola Sanwo-Olu towards the realization of affordable and decent mass housing for Lagosians is actualized in no time.”

The commissioner expressed dissatisfaction at the slow pace of work by some contractors while urging them to be professional in the execution of their contracts adding that contractors who are not going by the terms and conditions of their contract will have it terminated.

Thereafter, the Special Adviser to the Governor on housing, Barakat Odunuga-Bakare, advised real estate developers to be duly registered with the agency and shun quackery.

She further urged Lagosians to patronise only registered real estate developers and forward complaints to the Lagos State Real Estate Regulatory Authority.

Meanwhile, the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Housing, Abdulhafiz Toriola, during the tour advised residents of the credibility of ‘Government Owned Schemes’ urging interested homeowners to approach the Ministry of Housing to signify interest and gather all information needed rather than going through unverifiable sources.

https://punchng.com/lasg-gives-home-allottees-three-month-ultimatum/

5 Likes

Re: LASG Gives Home Allottees Three-Month Ultimatum by Unity273: 7:53pm On Oct 13, 2023
Wow. They should please give it to others who need it more

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LASG Gives Home Allottees Three-Month Ultimatum by ivolt: 7:55pm On Oct 13, 2023
Some of the allottees don't need the accommodation, they are only interested in subletting it.

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: LASG Gives Home Allottees Three-Month Ultimatum by Beremx(f): 8:00pm On Oct 13, 2023
The allottees wants to resell or rent it out. Everybody dey find money these days

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LASG Gives Home Allottees Three-Month Ultimatum by Nahunger(m): 5:51am On Oct 14, 2023
shocked
Re: LASG Gives Home Allottees Three-Month Ultimatum by donproject2(m): 5:51am On Oct 14, 2023
Meanwhile...

Are you an Alumni of Unilorin?
Do you want to get any document with no hazzle?

We can get you;

▪️Student and official copy of your transcript
▪️English Proficiency letter
▪️Results evaluation and verification, e.g WES, IEE
▪️Documents notarization for authenticity

0 7 0 46 1 4 7 12 2
Re: LASG Gives Home Allottees Three-Month Ultimatum by Macphenson: 5:53am On Oct 14, 2023
LASG carried homes and shared to their cronies and expect them to live in all of it.

Most times passing through these homes and seeing them vacant and rusting away, while people are homless in the state makes me wonder the kind of society we are in.

Go to Monastery road after shoprite, there are over 300 - 500 units of such homes lying fallow.

Go to Ikorodu along Igbogbo road just five minutes coming from the jetty, there are over a thousand of such houses on both side of the road.

The place has been like that since 2017 and people are homeless.

I think is hightime Lagos State Government published the names and status of those allotees let us check something.

We are a terrible society.

52 Likes 8 Shares

Re: LASG Gives Home Allottees Three-Month Ultimatum by Wealthoptulent(m): 5:55am On Oct 14, 2023

2 Likes

Re: LASG Gives Home Allottees Three-Month Ultimatum by Tochitee(m): 5:57am On Oct 14, 2023
Good steps in the right direction
Re: LASG Gives Home Allottees Three-Month Ultimatum by seunlayi(m): 6:00am On Oct 14, 2023
Oyo State us turning the old Trans amusement park into a residential area, land that they supposed used for industries and commercial activities

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Gives Home Allottees Three-Month Ultimatum by directonpc(m): 6:02am On Oct 14, 2023
I need 2 oo
Re: LASG Gives Home Allottees Three-Month Ultimatum by VikingKing: 6:04am On Oct 14, 2023
Macphenson:
You carried homes and shared to your cronies and expect them to live in all of it.

Most times passing through these homes and seeing them vacant and rusting away, why people are homless in the state makes me wonder the kind of society we are in.

Go to Monastery road after shoprite, there are over 300 - 500 units of such homes lying fallow.

Go to Ikorodu along Igbogbo road just five minutes coming from the jetty, there are over a thousand of such houses on both side of the road.

I think is hightime Lagos State Government publish the names and status of those allotees let us check something.

Exactly. There's no way they will give it to actual homeless people or slum dwellers and still be begging them to pack in

19 Likes

Re: LASG Gives Home Allottees Three-Month Ultimatum by Nteogwuija(m): 6:08am On Oct 14, 2023
VikingKing:

Exactly. There's no way they will give it to actual homeless people or slum dwellers and still be begging them to pack in

That might be too much to ask for. I believe there are people who can afford those houses to live in.

Strip them of the ownership, if that's possible, and put the houses up for rent, so people who need houses can pay for them and move in.

8 Likes

Re: LASG Gives Home Allottees Three-Month Ultimatum by VikingKing: 6:13am On Oct 14, 2023
Nteogwuija:

That might be too much to ask for. I believe there are people who can afford those houses to live in.

Strip them of the ownership, if that's possible, and put the houses up for rent, so people who need houses can pay for them and move in.

Still fair. The point here is that they're giving them to their friends who don't need them. Those houses are low cost, if allocated to the right persons, you won't have to plead with them to use it

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Gives Home Allottees Three-Month Ultimatum by bewla(m): 6:15am On Oct 14, 2023
How far
Re: LASG Gives Home Allottees Three-Month Ultimatum by AntiChristian: 6:18am On Oct 14, 2023
Make them give me just one apartment make I pack on!

cool
Re: LASG Gives Home Allottees Three-Month Ultimatum by opalu: 6:22am On Oct 14, 2023
Okay. If you have the allocation and don't know what t do with it, kindly contact me. I would help you manage it. Put tenants and pay you. You don't even need to bother yourself with tenancy issues or even be based in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: LASG Gives Home Allottees Three-Month Ultimatum by LAXconfidential(m): 6:33am On Oct 14, 2023
Nteogwuija:

Re: LASG Gives Home Allottees Three-Month Ultimatum by LAXconfidential(m): 6:34am On Oct 14, 2023
VikingKing:

Still fair. The point here is that they're giving them to their friends who don't need them. Those houses are low cost, if allocated to the right persons, you won't have to plead with them to use it
Re: LASG Gives Home Allottees Three-Month Ultimatum by LAXconfidential(m): 6:34am On Oct 14, 2023
VikingKing:

Re: LASG Gives Home Allottees Three-Month Ultimatum by VikingKing: 6:36am On Oct 14, 2023
opalu:
Okay. If you have the allocation and don't know what t do with it, kindly contact me. I would help you manage it. Put tenants and pay you. You don't even need to bother yourself with tenancy issues or even be based in Nigeria
grin
Re: LASG Gives Home Allottees Three-Month Ultimatum by VikingKing: 6:36am On Oct 14, 2023
directonpc:
I need 2 oo
grin
Beremx:
The allottees wants to resell or rent it out. Everybody dey find money these days
grin
Re: LASG Gives Home Allottees Three-Month Ultimatum by jojothaiv(m): 6:43am On Oct 14, 2023
Macphenson:
You carried homes and shared to your cronies and expect them to live in all of it.

Most times passing through these homes and seeing them vacant and rusting away, why people are homless in the state makes me wonder the kind of society we are in.

I think is hightime Lagos State Government publish the names and status of those allotees let us check something.

Re: LASG Gives Home Allottees Three-Month Ultimatum by Nitoriolohun1: 6:45am On Oct 14, 2023
Macphenson:

You are very right on both mentions (monastery and igbogbo) I was driving through the latter April 2021 when I came for my dad's birthday and he told me we I shld drop him in a friend's place..

I was surprised no single soul lives there since it was completed.

Something's not just right with us in this country but it has more to do with people leading us

Nigeria shall be restored .

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Gives Home Allottees Three-Month Ultimatum by REIIGN(m): 6:47am On Oct 14, 2023
Nitoriolohun1:

You are very right on both mentions (monastery and igbogbo) I was driving through the latter April 2021 when I came for my dad's birthday and he told me we I shld drop him in a friend's place..

Something's not just right with us in this country but it has more to do with people leading us

Quite unfortunate

1 Like

Re: LASG Gives Home Allottees Three-Month Ultimatum by REIIGN(m): 6:48am On Oct 14, 2023
People are heartless o
Re: LASG Gives Home Allottees Three-Month Ultimatum by REIIGN(m): 6:48am On Oct 14, 2023
opalu:
🤣🤣🤣
Re: LASG Gives Home Allottees Three-Month Ultimatum by ewa20buredi100: 6:51am On Oct 14, 2023
How does the government go about this allocation of houses?
Is it through public announcement or through realtor?

And what is the cost? Is there any payment plan or it is full payment once allotted?

3 Likes

Re: LASG Gives Home Allottees Three-Month Ultimatum by VikingKing: 6:51am On Oct 14, 2023
REIIGN:
People are heartless o
Re: LASG Gives Home Allottees Three-Month Ultimatum by VikingKing: 6:51am On Oct 14, 2023
Nitoriolohun1:

(1) (2) (Reply)

Management Of Ekiti Assembly Directs 26 Outgoing Lawmakers To Vacate Offices / We Spent N2.75tn On Power, Roads In Two Years – FG / Send APC Packing, Come February 16 - Jennifer Abubakar Tasks Rivers People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.