Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,265 members, 7,829,540 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

My Close Cousin Needs Advise Pls - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Close Cousin Needs Advise Pls (584 Views)

My Cousin Came Back From North Cyprus After 5years With Nothing / Did You Know Anyone That Regret Relocating To Canada? Advise Pls. / A Friend Wants To Relocate From Portharcourt To Lagos(he Needs Advise) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Close Cousin Needs Advise Pls by 50StarGeneral: 7:52am On Oct 14, 2023
Pls, my very close cousin needs advise. He dropped out in the university years back and he's 31years old, married. Now, he wants to travel to the UK too with his wife and daughter. His concern is that, is it possible to secure a job in the UK without a degree? Can you also recommend a "professional" certificate he can quickly get before relocating (if possible). Thanks!
Re: My Close Cousin Needs Advise Pls by Mhizzard(m): 8:18am On Oct 14, 2023
I know one thing for sure.abroad is unlike here in nigeria where you can use money bribe to them.
Re: My Close Cousin Needs Advise Pls by Lungdick: 9:13am On Oct 14, 2023
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Close Cousin Needs Advise Pls by 50StarGeneral: 9:46am On Oct 14, 2023
I need answers from people living Abroad plsss 🙏🙏🙏

Is DEGREE needed to secure a job in the UK? My cousin wants to relocate there but he dropped out in the University and he's above 30yrs.

Thanks!
Re: My Close Cousin Needs Advise Pls by ednut1(m): 1:05pm On Oct 14, 2023
50StarGeneral:
I need answers from people living Abroad plsss 🙏🙏🙏

Is DEGREE needed to secure a job in the UK? My cousin wants to relocate there but he dropped out in the University and he's above 30yrs.

Thanks!
what does he do currently and what visa if he planning to do Getting certification without work experience is most times useless abroad. The Nigerians getting jobs in uk like nurses, doctors, auditors , HR, tech, logistics have degrees most times but its their work experience that gave them the job
Re: My Close Cousin Needs Advise Pls by 50StarGeneral: 3:09pm On Oct 14, 2023
ednut1:
what does he do currently and what visa if he planning to do Getting certification without work experience is most times useless abroad. The Nigerians getting jobs in uk like nurses, doctors, auditors , HR, tech, logistics have degrees most times but its their work experience that gave them the job
Thanks so much... He's a businessman.
Re: My Close Cousin Needs Advise Pls by ednut1(m): 3:20pm On Oct 14, 2023
50StarGeneral:
Thanks so much... He's a businessman.
so which visa is he trying for Mind you for student visa you can no longer go with family starting January 2024. And its almost too late to get admission for January now. So otilo
Re: My Close Cousin Needs Advise Pls by 50StarGeneral: 3:32pm On Oct 14, 2023
ednut1:
so which visa is he trying for Mind you for student visa you can no longer go with family starting January 2024. And its almost too late to get admission for January now. So otilo
His plan is that student visa sadly grin though, he told me he would like to apply for a visit visa first and if successful, he will go there and see things first before concluding on permanent decision
Re: My Close Cousin Needs Advise Pls by 50StarGeneral: 3:57pm On Oct 14, 2023
ednut1:
Sorry to disturb you, Bro. I argued something with him but I will like to ask you. I told him that, no University will give him admission based on his age for a BSc course and even visa. But he said, someone told him he can still get admission and student visa (I guess an agent). How true is this pls? Thanks!
Re: My Close Cousin Needs Advise Pls by Mindlog: 5:15pm On Oct 14, 2023
50StarGeneral:
Sorry to disturb you, Bro. I argued something with him but I will like to ask you. I told him that, no University will give him admission based on his age for a BSc course and even visa. But he said, someone told him he can still get admission and student visa (I guess an agent). How true is this pls? Thanks!

He should rather focus his mind on getting admitted into the National Open University of Nigeria, then after graduating he can now decide his direction.

1 Like

Re: My Close Cousin Needs Advise Pls by descarado: 5:57pm On Oct 14, 2023
You or your cousin?
Re: My Close Cousin Needs Advise Pls by 50StarGeneral: 6:22pm On Oct 14, 2023
descarado:
You or your cousin?
My cousin, sir. I studied Biochemistry. He's a big man...me, I be hustler grin

1 Like

Re: My Close Cousin Needs Advise Pls by Ndipe(m): 9:18pm On Oct 14, 2023
It's possible, he can work at any of the fast food joints like McDonald's, he can do caregiving, there are lots of jobs in the West that doesn't require a degree.

50StarGeneral:
Pls, my very close cousin needs advise. He dropped out in the university years back and he's 31years old, married. Now, he wants to travel to the UK too with his wife and daughter. His concern is that, is it possible to secure a job in the UK without a degree? Can you also recommend a "professional" certificate he can quickly get before relocating (if possible). Thanks!

2 Likes

Re: My Close Cousin Needs Advise Pls by eniolorunfe: 1:07am On Oct 15, 2023
50StarGeneral:

Yeah… I think he can. He should apply to as many schools as possible.

1 Like

Re: My Close Cousin Needs Advise Pls by 50StarGeneral: 3:03am On Oct 15, 2023
Ndipe:
It's possible, he can work at any of the fast food joints like McDonald's, he can do caregiving, there are lots of jobs in the West that doesn't require a degree.

thanks
Re: My Close Cousin Needs Advise Pls by 50StarGeneral: 3:14am On Oct 15, 2023
eniolorunfe:

Yeah… I think he can. He should apply to as many schools as possible.
Oh, okay! Thanks
Re: My Close Cousin Needs Advise Pls by Ndipe(m): 5:35am On Oct 15, 2023
You are welcome.

50StarGeneral:
thanks
Re: My Close Cousin Needs Advise Pls by Focusmind: 6:45am On Oct 15, 2023
50StarGeneral:
My cousin, sir. I studied Biochemistry. He's a big man...me, I be hustler grin

If he is a "big man", why risk it to go and start low paying "hustle" without any end insight based on his limited education?

Can't he try the Canada route and use the wife as the principal applicant? If the wife is educated at the degree level, she could be the main applicant through student route while the "Oga" will be the dependent and face the hustle in Canada?

Having dropped out from school may be an indicator that he is not academically inclined and going through the rigorous academic exercise overseas may be challenging for him......studying overseas is not easy o for those that don't like book.....assignments and quizzes are many o.

Finally, if he is still insisting on studying, he can try career or public colleges and pick one or two year certificate or diploma programs in those colleges.....he should not try four year degree programs so that he doesn't get stuck. For me, I prefer the wife to be the main focus while he bankroll her since money is not an issue except if the wife is not a "book type" or that she is also a dropout. I have seen many business men that sponsored their wives and their kids relocated with wife and mother in law while "Oga" continued with his hustle in Nigeria and regularly visit them.....this is if "Oga" is sure of her woman o......there is a caveat o. undecided
Re: My Close Cousin Needs Advise Pls by 50StarGeneral: 6:55am On Oct 15, 2023
Focusmind:

If he is a "big man", why risk it to go and start low paying "hustle" without any end insight based on his limited education?

Can't he try the Canada route and use the wife as the principal applicant? If the wife is educated at the degree level, she could be the main applicant through student route while the "Oga" will be the dependent and face the hustle in Canada?

Having dropped out from school may be an indicator that he is not academically inclined and going through the rigorous academic exercise overseas may be challenging for him......studying overseas is not easy o for those that don't like book.....assignments and quizzes are many o.

Finally, if he is still insisting on studying, he can try career or public colleges and pick one or two year certificate or diploma programs in those colleges.....he should not try four year degree programs so that he doesn't get stuck. For me, I prefer the wife to be the main focus while he bankroll her since money is not an issue except if the wife is not a "book type" or that she is also a dropout. I have seen many business men that sponsored their wives and their kids relocated with wife and mother in law while "Oga" continued with his hustle in Nigeria and regularly visit them.....this is if "Oga" is sure of her woman o......there is a caveat o. undecided
You get sense die walahi grin since Canada is possible through the wife, I will send this to him. The wife has HND in accountancy (I guess). Thanks alot man!!

(1) (Reply)

Russian Federation Travel Package Available / Airline Ticket And Visa / Register Now And Start Sending Sms For Free Only On Www.talkdeygo.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.