Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,390 members, 7,815,830 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

Afghanistan Currency Gains Against The $, What Are We Doing Wrong In Nigeria??? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Afghanistan Currency Gains Against The $, What Are We Doing Wrong In Nigeria??? (740 Views)

Afghanistan: Deadly Suicide Bomb At Bank In Kandahar(photos) / Naira Continues Appreciation Streak, Gains And Closes At ₦‎1,500/$ / US Signs Peace Deal With Afghanistan's Taliban After 18 Years Of War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Afghanistan Currency Gains Against The $, What Are We Doing Wrong In Nigeria??? by KnowAll(m): 12:38pm On Oct 14, 2023
With all our phd’s well knowledgable Bankers our currency keeps on falling yet Afghanistan a country on embargo her currency seems to have gained value dropped from 100 to the dollar to 87

What way forward for Nigeria, abi make we send our cbn Governor to the Talibans for some understudy knowledge because this our fall in currency to a supposedly one of the smartest people on earth defiles logic.

2 Likes

Re: Afghanistan Currency Gains Against The $, What Are We Doing Wrong In Nigeria??? by Zooposki(f): 12:49pm On Oct 14, 2023
KnowAll:
With all our phd’s well knowledgable Bankers our currency keeps on falling yet Afghanistan a country on embargo her currency seems to have gained value dropped from 100 to the dollar to 87

What way forward for Nigeria, abi make we send our cbn Governor to the Talibans for some understudy knowledge because this our fall in currency to a supposedly one of the smartest people on earth defiles logic.

Re: Afghanistan Currency Gains Against The $, What Are We Doing Wrong In Nigeria??? by saintopus(m): 12:51pm On Oct 14, 2023
What do you expect when we have very strong appetite for foreign goods and services.

Ban Nigeria from any form of buying and travelling out if the currency will not appreciate

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afghanistan Currency Gains Against The $, What Are We Doing Wrong In Nigeria??? by KnowAll(m): 12:55pm On Oct 14, 2023
saintopus:
What do you expect when we have very strong appetite for foreign goods and services.

Ban Nigeria from any form of buying and travelling out if the currency will not appreciate

You have said it. Once you close your economy and eat what you produce there is no way your currency will not be strong and stable.

3 Likes

Re: Afghanistan Currency Gains Against The $, What Are We Doing Wrong In Nigeria??? by ican2020: 12:55pm On Oct 14, 2023
No clear direction in Nigeria cause the leaders are clueless

2 Likes

Re: Afghanistan Currency Gains Against The $, What Are We Doing Wrong In Nigeria??? by KnowAll(m): 1:02pm On Oct 14, 2023
ican2020:
since the article in March the Afghanistan currency is now trading at 75 to 1 from 87 in March, meanwhile our own is racing to 2000 to 1.

Nigeria with hail thee.

3 Likes

Re: Afghanistan Currency Gains Against The $, What Are We Doing Wrong In Nigeria??? by ican2020: 1:05pm On Oct 14, 2023
KnowAll:

You have said it. Once you close your economy and eat what you produce there is no way your currency will not be strong and stable.
What are you producing?

We even buy import goats and cows from Niger republic including tomatoes so what you are producing is it enough to go round when criminals are busy killing people in every nooks and crannies and the government does not see it as it’s primary responsibility to protect Nigerians

You can only produce massively if the country is peaceful, period

4 Likes

Re: Afghanistan Currency Gains Against The $, What Are We Doing Wrong In Nigeria??? by press9jatv: 1:07pm On Oct 14, 2023
Nigeria currency 💴 will soon reach #2k per dollar.you keep supporting economy destroyer in government, you keep having bad results in the Nigeria economy.

3 Likes

Re: Afghanistan Currency Gains Against The $, What Are We Doing Wrong In Nigeria??? by Rayban26: 1:07pm On Oct 14, 2023
KnowAll:

White men call Africans black monkeys for a reason. And we keep proving them right unfortunately

1 Like

Re: Afghanistan Currency Gains Against The $, What Are We Doing Wrong In Nigeria??? by Paraman: 1:09pm On Oct 14, 2023
KnowAll:

Will Nigerians agree with the bolded?
Re: Afghanistan Currency Gains Against The $, What Are We Doing Wrong In Nigeria??? by KnowAll(m): 1:11pm On Oct 14, 2023
Rayban26:

White men call Africans black monkeys for a reason. And we keep proving them right unfortunately

Oga take an easy now, but truth be told, just yesterday CBN say make I come collect dollars to import tooth pick. If that policy is not madness then tell me what can be mor madder.
Re: Afghanistan Currency Gains Against The $, What Are We Doing Wrong In Nigeria??? by Paraman: 1:12pm On Oct 14, 2023
Rayban26:

speak for yourself alone black monkey
Re: Afghanistan Currency Gains Against The $, What Are We Doing Wrong In Nigeria??? by KnowAll(m): 1:18pm On Oct 14, 2023
To be sincere when Naira was 1 to 1 in 1976 during Murtala / Obasanjo.’s first coming we were consuming made in Nigeria goods. Even the head of state and this was when obj took over, 504 was the presidential car.

We need to consume what we produce. Innoson cars is there but our Governments both states & federal would go & buy foreign vehicles.
Re: Afghanistan Currency Gains Against The $, What Are We Doing Wrong In Nigeria??? by Rayban26: 1:23pm On Oct 14, 2023
KnowAll:

Oga take an easy now, but truth be told, just yesterday CBN say make I come collect dollars to import tooth pick. If that policy is not madness then tell me what can be mor madder.

Yes I get what you're saying. That's why I made that comment.

When black people have power they think of themselves first and oppress others instead of how to better the economy. Nigeria has more resources than dubai that was built out of a desert yet we cant even stand side by side with them. And yet we still have clueless fools like this one defending their oppressors

👇

olodo Paraman:
speak for yourself alone black monkey
Re: Afghanistan Currency Gains Against The $, What Are We Doing Wrong In Nigeria??? by Paraman: 1:30pm On Oct 14, 2023
Rayban26:

Yes I get what you're saying. That's why I made that comment.

When black people have power they think of themselves first and oppress others instead of how to better the economy. Nigeria has more resources than dubai that was built out of a desert yet we cant even stand side by side with them. And yet we still have clueless fools like this one defending their oppressors

👇

You see I was right when I told you to speak for yourself because you alone deserve to be called a black money

You're comparing Nigeria a country with a population of more than 150m and a landmass of more than 900k with Dubai a city in the UAE.

Dirty black monkey
Re: Afghanistan Currency Gains Against The $, What Are We Doing Wrong In Nigeria??? by Rayban26: 1:32pm On Oct 14, 2023
The fool above me obviously didnt read what I wrote. And am sure he dosent know that Nigeria has more resources than UAE. Again, he justifies my statement.

Even with our population, Nigerians will still live well if our leaders were not greedy. I talk am say God make me share this country with fools like this guy above me
Re: Afghanistan Currency Gains Against The $, What Are We Doing Wrong In Nigeria??? by SpatialKing(m): 1:39pm On Oct 14, 2023
We have a President that claimed he graduated with a First Class in Accounting..

Some that claimed he can assemble a smart team that can fix Nigeria problems in months..

Being in the opposition is different from leadership

Campaigns are over now they are actually discovering that talk is cheap actually n truelly Nigeria is not Lagos
Re: Afghanistan Currency Gains Against The $, What Are We Doing Wrong In Nigeria??? by Rayban26: 1:41pm On Oct 14, 2023
SpatialKing:
We have a President that claimed he graduated with a First Class in Accounting..

Some that claimed he can assemble a smart team that can fix Nigeria problems in months..

Being in the opposition is different from leadership

Campaigns are over now they are actually discovering that talk is cheap actually n truelly Nigeria is not Lagos

Lol...those are the ragtags of our society. They're uneducated and have no brain. Now they cant even defend their principals failure again.
Re: Afghanistan Currency Gains Against The $, What Are We Doing Wrong In Nigeria??? by nedu666: 1:45pm On Oct 14, 2023
Why is a country who have limited access to us dollars operating a free floating exchange rate. If nig govt fixes the exchange rate, banish Black Market, insist on all purchase and sale of forex must go tru banks
Re: Afghanistan Currency Gains Against The $, What Are We Doing Wrong In Nigeria??? by Floky215: 1:52pm On Oct 14, 2023
KnowAll:

What do you expect when you have criminals, drug lord, certificate forgers, herdsmen with NEPA bill as certificate to run the country...!!!

Worst now is political patronage...!! The very least of the people in the society who can't amount to anything join politics simply because the matra there is, grab it, snatch it and run away with it...!!!

Don't expect any good thing to come from criminals, if you like go to church and mosque and pray a thousand times a day..nothing would change...!!

The other day another bagga was saying if Christians take over certain states moslem would suffer, with these kind of mind set of people who lead groups and couple with criminals, what do you expect...??

1 Like

Re: Afghanistan Currency Gains Against The $, What Are We Doing Wrong In Nigeria??? by KnowAll(m): 1:53pm On Oct 14, 2023
nedu666:
Why is a country who have limited access to us dollars operating a free floating exchange rate. If nig govt fixes the exchange rate, banish Black Market, insist on all purchase and sale of forex must go tru banks

What I noticed when I went to Namibia for one month, they do not allow domiciary accounts. I don’t know where we got that idea from. Y allow dollar accounts in your country, even in d UK they would not allow you to have a dollar account.

Once we scrap dollar accounts I would see the value of Naira surge. But leave it as it is means the same banks that keeping d dollars for you would end up being d ones selling d banked dollars in d black market.
Re: Afghanistan Currency Gains Against The $, What Are We Doing Wrong In Nigeria??? by LOVEALAIGBO: 2:02pm On Oct 14, 2023
ican2020:

ican2020:

What are you producing?

We even buy import goats and cows from Niger republic including tomatoes so what you are producing is it enough to go round when criminals are busy killing people in every nooks and crannies and the government does not see it as it’s primary responsibility to protect Nigerians

You can only produce massively if the country is peaceful, period

Precisely and succinctly put!

Others on here are penning thesis….quoting all sorts of economic theories and shit, when what’s wrong with Nigeria and her currency can be summed up in just a few words like you’ve done!
Re: Afghanistan Currency Gains Against The $, What Are We Doing Wrong In Nigeria??? by LOVEALAIGBO: 2:04pm On Oct 14, 2023
Floky215:

What don you expect when you have criminals, drug lord, certificate forgers, herdsmen with NEPA bill as certificate to run the country...!!!

Worst now is political patronage...!! The very least of the people in the society who can't amount to anything join politics simply because the matra there is, grab it, snatch it and run away with it...!!!

Don't expect any good thing to come from criminals, if you like go to church and mosque and pray a thousand times a day..nothing would change...!!

The other day another bagga was saying if Christians take over certain states moslem would suffer, with these kind of mind set of people who lead groups and couple with criminals, what do you expect...??

Word!
Re: Afghanistan Currency Gains Against The $, What Are We Doing Wrong In Nigeria??? by chopnaira: 2:04pm On Oct 14, 2023
KnowAll:

The Taliban don't import stuffs, they don't send their kids to school abroad, they are not obsessed with western products e.t.c basically, they have low desire or need for the US dollars.

Laws of demand and supply. Secondary school economics.
Re: Afghanistan Currency Gains Against The $, What Are We Doing Wrong In Nigeria??? by googi: 2:30pm On Oct 14, 2023
Hypocrisy will kill most of us not only in Nigeria or Africa but throughout the world.

Who are the people advocating Liberal Market so that they can import pins, pencils, used clothes, used electronics including discarded computers in exchange for hard earned Niger Delta Oil Money?

Even Jonathan's Our Money We Can Spend It Anyway We Want, left the Environmental Degradation that made it worse than he met it, failed his people.

So it takes Afghanistan to realize we must learn to consume what we produce. Keep on celebrating pretty printed papers as promissory notes from the biggest debtor in the world that never has intention of paying back, u hia

Ndi- Ara
Re: Afghanistan Currency Gains Against The $, What Are We Doing Wrong In Nigeria??? by jaytimeo: 2:42pm On Oct 14, 2023
We are the target of every evil agenda in the world no thanks to Nigerians for having leaders with little or no credibility.
Re: Afghanistan Currency Gains Against The $, What Are We Doing Wrong In Nigeria??? by jesmond3945: 2:51pm On Oct 14, 2023
KnowAll:

because the demand for dollar in the country is low. In Nigeria there is so many parties in our foreign exchanges industry.
Re: Afghanistan Currency Gains Against The $, What Are We Doing Wrong In Nigeria??? by System202: 3:12pm On Oct 14, 2023
that's how some set of people used to shout Terrorist, Terrorist but to day common Taliban Afghanistan is doing Well than Nigeria
Re: Afghanistan Currency Gains Against The $, What Are We Doing Wrong In Nigeria??? by Aizenosa(m): 3:49pm On Oct 14, 2023
saintopus:

Sorry but your suggestion will lead to another severe increase in the discrepancies.

What we need is strategic and massive industrialization. Start build the major industries in small output scales, then run it for 10 - 20 years then do what you said above.

If done this way we will be forced to buy Nigerian and be forced to upscale our industries.

If we go by your approach straight away, you will find out that even if you want to buy nigerian you have no Nigerian substitute so you will be forced to look for scarce dollars and end up paying high price in terms of conversion rates which is what exactly Buhari did to the naira by banning importation of almost all things.
Re: Afghanistan Currency Gains Against The $, What Are We Doing Wrong In Nigeria??? by CedarHoldings: 4:07pm On Oct 14, 2023
KnowAll:

me go still collect that dollar import charcoal and firewood. Is that not marvelous

(1) (Reply)

Louisiana Democrat Wins Election By Just One Vote / Exchanges Of Fire Puncture Fragile Gaza Truce / Britain To Introduce New Tax For Migrants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.