Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,216 members, 7,811,601 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:20 PM

Challenging The Narratives To Demean The Obidients - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Challenging The Narratives To Demean The Obidients (135 Views)

I’m Challenging The Process, Not Outcome, Says Obi (see The Implications) / Deji Adeyanju: Everything About "The Obidients" Are Lies, Fake And Propaganda / CJN: Preliminary Objection Challenging The Jurisdiction Of The CCT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Challenging The Narratives To Demean The Obidients by DesChyko: 12:44pm On Oct 14, 2023
In recent times, I have noticed with so much astonishment, efforts by some prominent Nigerians, both offline and online, to give the Obidient movement (Obidients) and their supporters a bad name. This campaign has been orchestrated and harmonized to make it seem like the proponents have rights in their state of ignorance.

The obidient movement is the only fabric of opposition holding our nascent democracy, and it will not be out of place that the movement has come under unmeritorious attacks by some irredentist opportunistic fellows profiting from the current state of affairs in Nigeria.

These coordinated attacks were launched by Professor Charles Soludo, the executive governor of Anambra State, in November, when he issued a press release in response to his claims in an interview that Peter Obi’s investments in Anambra are next to nothing. In that press release, the solution-bereft governor tacitly called Peter Obi supporters a social media mob on many occasions.

I would not blame Prof. Soludo; his insecurity and the idea of losing Anambra to the Labour Party in the next governorship poll are enough to send him into hallucinations and a state of mental imbalance. Only the guilty are afraid of change, so we can understand where “Ndi” Prof. is coming from.

The headless mob, as they vainly try to portray Obidients, has written their names in gold in the annals of politics in this country, no matter how hard the thieving class and those benefiting from the current state of the nation might try to detract them. They have shown consistency, perseverance, and an uncommon desire to birth a new Nigeria that works.

In recent times, Professor Wole Soyinka has also taken a swipe at obidients and labeled them as fascists. This name tag on people who have advocated for responsible leadership and good governance over the past few months disgusts me.

Let me remind our dear professor that the real fascists are those who have increased fuel pump prices by more than 200% in recent months; the real fascists are those in charge of the hyperinflation-plagued economy; the real fascists are now his friends with whom he mingles in Lagos and Abuja; and the real fascists are those who are making life intolerable for the more than 100 million Nigerians who live in abject poverty.

Professor Soyinka obviously is not a good student of history, as he is with literature, so I understand where his shortsightedness is coming from on issues of national importance.

https://parallelfactsnews.com/challenging-narratives-to-demean-obidients/

1 Like

Re: Challenging The Narratives To Demean The Obidients by DesChyko: 12:45pm On Oct 14, 2023
J.J. Omojuwa, one of Nigeria’s social media influencers, has now joined the fray. In a post on his X account and published in some newspapers titled “Surviving “Obidients”: A Different Kind of Opposition,” he accused Obidients of threatening his family and bullying him on social media. Well, without mincing words, I would not like to join issues with Omojuwa; he is just paranoid that Nigerians are now very active in the politics of the nation; hence, it is needless for the so-called influencers to amplify our voices. The Nigerian youths now know that their collective voices are unmatched by any of these “cashivists” masquerading as influencers.

In his usual rants, Omojuwa alluded to the fact that some users on social media set up accounts to defame him. He said, “I have been on the receiving end of their vitriol. I get threatened by them almost every day, even on days I am not online. My wife received threats in her Instagram inbox, while various anonymous accounts set up by the group have repeatedly defamed my person”.

Omojuwa defamed and maligned President Goodluck Jonathan between 2011 and 2015, and the heavens did not fall, and the then presidency did not sponsor paid online influencers to cast aspersion on his person. Omojuwa, what could be more Vitriol than the tweets that emanated from you during this period?

Omojuwa, like his contemporaries, is angry that Nigerians are now more conscientious, increasingly becoming more aware, and now becoming active citizens when he now enjoys the fraternity of power brokers, a privilege he never enjoyed in the past. How will he not bark when Obidients has constantly maintained that his friend, Seyi’s father, who happens to be in the villa, forged his CSU certificate submitted to INEC according to new evidence available in the United States?

Omojuwa is content with having the ears of Seyi; Nigeria can burn for all he cares, and as long as he is in the midst of those in power, our constitution can be bastardized. NBC can shut down all dissenting voices and even regulate social media; the dollar can rise to 2k per dollar; and the likes of Omojuwa do not care as long as they have unfettered access to the first family or presidency. The rest of us can simply take CNG buses and go to hell.

Let me remind Omojuwa that the Obidients are the most attacked and vilified political group in Nigeria. During the presidential campaigns in Lagos State, held at Tafawa Balewa Square, over 20 Obidients were attacked and their cars vandalized. On election day, the story was not different. Obedient voters who came out to vote in Lagos and in some other parts of the country faced attacks from the mobs sponsored by other political parties.

Where was Omojuwa when MC Oluomo issued threats to residents of Lagos who would not vote APC not to come out at all to attempt to vote? During this period, Ojuwa lost his voice because he didn’t want to lose the goodwill he now enjoys with power brokers; doing so to him was akin to being ungrateful.

When Omojuwa comes out to spill out propaganda and advance an agenda that is not “agendering”, the audience should take it with a pinch of salt and not dignify him with a response. “Man must chop”. Omojuwa, like many others, are afraid that a working Nigeria will put food out of their table and will not sit down idle and not fight back.

Re: Challenging The Narratives To Demean The Obidients by DesChyko: 12:49pm On Oct 14, 2023
Dear obidients and well-meaning Nigerians, the herculean task of building a working society is not a child’s play; it requires a lot of consistency, advocacy, value reorientation, sacrifices, and perseverance. When they yell at you, it just means that you are putting in the effort because these actions have consequences that the beneficiaries of the status quo are afraid of.

In the face of these relentless attacks, Obidients have shown remarkable resilience and determination. Despite attempts to tarnish their reputation and silence their voices, the Obidients have persevered, advocating for responsible leadership and good governance in Nigeria. The movement represents a beacon of hope in the fight against corruption and inequality, embodying the spirit of active citizenship and collective action. As they continue to face challenges and obstacles, their unwavering commitment serves as a testament to the power of ordinary citizens striving for a better future for their nation.

https://parallelfactsnews.com/challenging-narratives-to-demean-obidients/

2 Likes

Re: Challenging The Narratives To Demean The Obidients by yarimo(m): 1:34pm On Oct 14, 2023
Even among the governors of Anambra state peter obi was never the best

Re: Challenging The Narratives To Demean The Obidients by Jostoman: 1:46pm On Oct 14, 2023
Obedient dont have problem with Soludo
Re: Challenging The Narratives To Demean The Obidients by successmatters(m): 1:47pm On Oct 14, 2023
Obidients are the real Nigerians, others are criminal supporters.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

‘No Crisis In Senate’ – Akpabio Insists After Visiting Tinubu / JUST IN: Tinubu Drops Fresh Graduate Appointed FERMA Board Chair / Rep Moshood Olanrewaju Oshun Distributes Palliatives*, *facilitates Conditi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.