Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,054 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Nigerians Beware Of The Latest Scam Online - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Nigerians Beware Of The Latest Scam Online (334 Views)

Beware Of AYE / Beware Of Terrible Friends! See What This Lady's Friend Did To Her On Social Med / Follow The Latest Wedding Trend With This APP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Beware Of The Latest Scam Online by Truthwords: 6:22pm On Oct 15, 2023
Fellow Nigerians as we all know, its ember month and during this period , there is always an increase in internet fraud .

I suddenly found myself in a telegram group/ channel with the name "make money online" .

A guy with the fake name Eric Boateng posted a scam method of how to earn money via a crypto currency app known as Trust Wallet.

After downloading the app, he will tell you to type in a certain phrase and select USDT blablabla . To cut the long story short , he told us to log out and login and behold, there was $1200 audio money in my wallet. Now he will direct you to download another exchange app that will be used to cash out the money.

I knew he was a scammer, but i played along. Now i tried to send the fake money to my account and started seeing insufficient balance. Really ?. How can i have the so called $1200, yet i can't cash it out. Now i contacted him to ask and he told me that i have to pay him $15k in order to cash out the money.

On his account his name is LaTHIEF but his telegram name is Boateng.

That was when i insulted him and blocked his destiny. Watch out for Trust Wallet Scam or any crypto wallet scam.

These are the steps the often follow

🎯 They show you fake money on crypto apps because the amount of money or balance can be manipulated on some of those apps.

🎯 They work with a team of scammers that will give fake testimonies in the Telegram groups or channels. It's a gang of thieves.

🎯 They add you to such groups or channels without your consent.

🎯 When you fall for it, they collect a small amount of money from you and as soon as you pay, they tell you to increase the amount in order to cash out instantly. After payment they tell you that they can double or triple the amount if only you can pay more.

🎯 When they know they can't suck you any further, they block you and move on to their next victim.

The last time i was ever scammed was 2018 and ever since then, i told the almighty God that till the day i leave this earth and go back to Heaven, nobody , alien , animal , plant , ghost etc will ever scam me again.

Watch out, they need Christmas money. If you are young, protect the elders around you that might fall for these scams. Also watch out for the new techniques they keep coming up with. Stay Safe.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Women Who Made History…today / Women Who Made History…today / Social Media Marketing Can Be So Useful To Create Buzz For Your Event

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.