Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

Beware Of AYE - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Beware Of AYE (2298 Views)

Nigerians Beware Of The Latest Scam Online / Beware Of Terrible Friends! See What This Lady's Friend Did To Her On Social Med / Please Beware Of Fraudster Messages On Bvn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Beware Of AYE by jossydee1: 11:38am On Jan 28, 2020
STOP THE SCAM WITH AYE

So I've to take my time to write this because it is necessary to look into the affairs of AYE; an NGO led by @SummySmart that promises to give grants to young people of Africa for their business ideas.

I got to know about AYE in the year 2019 and I applied for the grant, went through the series of screening.

We were later told that winners of the grant will be announced at the AYE convention which will be coming up on the 14th of December, 2019 at AKURE. [If your name is announced and you are not around, you have lost the grant]

So Akure will be hosting the youths across Africa...therefore, all roads lead to Akure.

Seeing the expected speakers which included;
@AishaBuhari
@KayodeFayemi
@FolorunsoAlakija
@AlmasJiwani
@RotimiAkeredolu (expected host; being the governor of Ondo State) among others, it makes the whole setup look real and it was difficult to think of scam.

Unfortunate, AYE 2019 convention is yet to prove to us that it was not just a setup to extort and use Nigeria youths all over the federation as people came from all over the country (some even volunteered ) just to be disappointed.

Since everyone with business idea needs capital, the Promise to give grants to people for their businesses made Nigerian youths to flood Akure. By the way, the largest of it Akure has ever had according to governor @RotimiAkeredolu.

We were all dazed by what we saw in AKURE.

1. The rule was that once you are in, you cannot go out again else you won't be able to come in anymore.

2. The program that promised to start by 12:00 noon started around 4pm. This is to give one no other choice but to stay overnight because the winners of the grant will be announced at the early hour of the following day (It was an overnight convention).

[It was well planned to extort every attendee]

3. Since we must eat something to hold the body, we had no choice but to patronise the food vendors.
Here's where the real extortion became obvious to all.

A bottle of water was sold at #150. You can guess how much a bottle of coke was.

A plate of Amala was not less than #700 and that applied to every other meal available.
The strategy was that you first convert your money to voucher as the food vendors are not allowed to collect cash but AYEEN voucher equivalent to the prices of the food sold.

3. Looking at the whole organisations of the program, the only major speaker was @RotimiAkeredolu (who we were expecting to give the welcoming speech as the host). Every other speaker @AishaBuhari
@FolorunsoAlakija
@AlmasJiwani did not show up. We were scammed.

4. The trust fund show was the greatest lie I've seen (a display of stupidity by some Nigeria youths). How will a typical Nigerian youth be jumping for joy as though he won a visa lottery just because he got an a text message that says the money he has been contributing with AYE since the beginning of the year in now available. So he can now make a withdrawal request (note: I didn't say bank alert ooo and there will not be any interest on the money). It was the biggest scam of the program. (Its either they were paid to do this or they were hypnotised; something fishy somewhere)

How can I be extra joyous because I want to withdraw the same money I saved in a bank? I still don't understand.

5. Summy Smart promised Ondo state governors, Arakunrin Rotimi Akeredolu that Akure will be filled to capacity. Indeed Akure was filled and the speech delivered by @RotimiAkeredolu made it obvious that the governor was not aware of the scam strategy ( the grant) he employed in bringing youths across Nigeria to Akure.

6. From what I've seen and heard so far, it seems the promise of the grant was just to get money from the sponsors of AYE as I'm yet to see anyone who won the grant and has been giving the promised cash.

Some people even said their names were announced for 2018 grant and they are yet to get paid (this is 2020).

It will be great if (official Twitter accounts of )

@MBuhari,
@aishambuhari
@ProfOsinbajo
@RotimiAkeredolu
@kfayemi
@alakijaofficial
@AlmasJiwani
@SundayDareSD and every big name associated with @AYEorganisation swiftly look into the affairs of this NGO and prove to us that Summy Smart is not using this organization to scam people and get money from his sponsors

I don't want to say
#AYEIsAScam or
#AYEENIsAScam or #AYE2019ConventionWasAScam.

I'll let other people who attended this program give their comments.
Re: Beware Of AYE by Nobody: 11:58am On Jan 28, 2020
literal representation of ninu AYE

INSIDE LIFE
Re: Beware Of AYE by illicit(m): 7:24pm On Jan 28, 2020
Ninu Aye
Inside life

(1) (Reply)

Do You Need A Yummy Celebration Cake For Your Special Day?: / Cakes And Event Hall / Professional Makeup Artist In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.