Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,037 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

Justice Okoro To Head Supreme Court Panel On Presidential Election Petition - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Justice Okoro To Head Supreme Court Panel On Presidential Election Petition (3805 Views)

Justice Okoro Affirms Tinubu's Victory in 2023 Presidential Election / There Are Conflicting Letters From CSU On Tinubu’s Certificate - Justice Okoro / DSS Clears Supreme Court Justice Okoro Of Misconduct(the Nation) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Justice Okoro To Head Supreme Court Panel On Presidential Election Petition by Floky215: 8:44pm On Oct 15, 2023
Burob:
All your father’s mates & Contemporaries are criminals & crooks, but your papa is guardian angel police officer?

Other Nigerian family members are crooks & criminals, whilst your house, is a crib of Saints?

Are you alright at all..?

You are seriously pained and badly hit..are you part of the crooks and criminals we are talking about...!!?

Your outburst gave you away easily..!!

Don't worry...the future is many it may go your way or the other way so don't panic yet till after the court case....!!!

But if those appointed to uphold the constitution do the right thing...your like would be relegated...!!!

So enjoy your time and the little 30K while it last...!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Justice Okoro To Head Supreme Court Panel On Presidential Election Petition by Burob: 8:45pm On Oct 15, 2023
BoldBrainz:

😂.

I'm in too good a mood for your flimsy slurs to seem of any significance to me, my friend. Neither am I in a frame of mind to start rigmaroling on the rudiments of political and legal razzmatazz with you.

Where the detrimental effects of the repugnant societal inanities begin to hit, no section of the country will find immunity to inhumane living conditions and existential discontentments.

Ceteris paribus, we're all buried in this dirt together.
Nothing new under the sun in Naija, same way it was when your parents consummated & brought you into this world, welcome to The Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Re: Justice Okoro To Head Supreme Court Panel On Presidential Election Petition by Burob: 8:48pm On Oct 15, 2023
Floky215:

Are you alright at all..?

You are seriously pained and badly hit..are you part of the crooks and criminals we are talking about...!!?

Your outburst gave you away easily..!!

Don't worry...the future is many it may go your way or the other way so don't panic yet till after the court case....!!!

But if those appointed to uphold the constitution do the right thing...your like would be relegated...!!!

So enjoy your time while it last...!!! grin
Indeed, I am badly pained that a faceless peasant on Nairaland is calling his papa’s Ogas Criminals & Crooks?

Or are you not a Nigerian Mr Simon Templar, other peoples parents are crooks, whilst your papa that says yes Sir to them is a Saint?
Re: Justice Okoro To Head Supreme Court Panel On Presidential Election Petition by BoldBrainz(m): 8:50pm On Oct 15, 2023
Burob:
Nothing new under the sun in Naija, same way it was when your parents consummated & brought you into this world, welcome to The Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Did you necessarily have to make reference to my parents?

1 Like

Re: Justice Okoro To Head Supreme Court Panel On Presidential Election Petition by BoldBrainz(m): 8:51pm On Oct 15, 2023
kettykin:

It seems I was not really upto date how Nigeria has gotten to a stage where there will be a debate about if the constitution should be adopted or some resolutions of a panel of judges , even Abacha, Babangida, Buhari combined no do reach this

Oh well, I'm pleased to be playing the infamous role of informing you that "Nigeria Is Fvcked"..😂!

1 Like

Re: Justice Okoro To Head Supreme Court Panel On Presidential Election Petition by Burob: 8:52pm On Oct 15, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Did you necessarily have to make reference to my parents?
My Father is a Justice of The Supreme Court of Nigeria, don’t throw stones in glass houses.
Re: Justice Okoro To Head Supreme Court Panel On Presidential Election Petition by Christistruth00: 8:53pm On Oct 15, 2023
Raskimonojendor:
Good. So that these Igbos won't say the Supreme court is biased or have collected $500B from Tinubu.

Exactly

Let them see it with their own eyes and hear with their own ears that Tinubu Truly won the Election
Peter Obi didn't win a Single of the 12 Sharia Muslim States plus the 5 SW States where he lost that makes 17 States without including Kwara Kogi and more
Neither did he get the mandatory 25% vote in any of the above States and he needed at least 25 % in two third of the Federation's States

2 Likes

Re: Justice Okoro To Head Supreme Court Panel On Presidential Election Petition by BoldBrainz(m): 8:57pm On Oct 15, 2023
Burob:
My Father is a Justice of The Supreme Court of Nigeria, don’t throw stones in glass houses.

If that be the case, you owe it to yourself, your unborn generations and the legacy of your father to tell him the truth as regards the collective loss of faith and confidence of Nigerians towards the judiciary. Not to sit on nairaland and make insidious remarks in defence of glaring societal anomalies.

4 Likes

Re: Justice Okoro To Head Supreme Court Panel On Presidential Election Petition by Zxcvbnmghtr: 8:58pm On Oct 15, 2023
grin Justice Okoro

Re: Justice Okoro To Head Supreme Court Panel On Presidential Election Petition by Floky215: 8:58pm On Oct 15, 2023
Burob:
Indeed, I am badly pained that a faceless peasant on Nairaland is calling his papa’s Ogas Criminals & Crooks?

Or are you not a Nigerian Mr Simon Templar, other peoples parents are crooks, whilst your papa that says yes Sir to them is a Saint?

Any who is your papa's oga...?

Cos in my environment we don't value criminals and we don't respect them no matter who they are...!!

If in your culture you can afford to bow,postrait and worship criminals cos of a plate of amala then that's your own cup of tea...!!

You can't force me to respect a criminal, its as simple as ABC...!!

If you like abuse and defend till tomorrow..a criminal is a criminal and got no single respect among reasonable people...!!!

Only nonentity like yourself hail criminal cos you've got no other place to go...you rely on the crooks for your daily meal and already sold your birthright for a pot of porridge....!!!

2 Likes

Re: Justice Okoro To Head Supreme Court Panel On Presidential Election Petition by Burob: 9:01pm On Oct 15, 2023
BoldBrainz:

If that be the case, you owe it to yourself, your unborn generations and the legacy of your father to tell him the truth as regards the collective loss of faith and confidence of Nigerians towards the judiciary. Not to sit on nairaland and make insidious remarks in defence of glaring societal anomalies.
The same way the Supreme Court ruled in favor of President Shagari, President Obasanjo, President Yar’Adua & President Buhari, The same way they are going to rule in favor of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu,

The Supreme Court of Nigeria is a Court of precedence, nothing new under the sun in the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Please desist from self deceit, it adds no value to your existence.
Re: Justice Okoro To Head Supreme Court Panel On Presidential Election Petition by Jlow2: 9:02pm On Oct 15, 2023
Cash and carry judiciary, government of oluwole
Re: Justice Okoro To Head Supreme Court Panel On Presidential Election Petition by Zxcvbnmghtr: 9:04pm On Oct 15, 2023
BoldBrainz:

# bolded lol grin.

Peter Obi and Atiku think otherwise. Particularly Peter Obi who became Governor through Nigeria's judiciary.

So, what are they looking for in a system they have no confidence nor faith in. Unless they have full confidence and faith, it will be irrational if otherwise.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Justice Okoro To Head Supreme Court Panel On Presidential Election Petition by tafabaloo(m): 9:06pm On Oct 15, 2023
Nothing concern me.
Even d writer is not objective in his article.
Re: Justice Okoro To Head Supreme Court Panel On Presidential Election Petition by APCNig: 9:06pm On Oct 15, 2023
MadamExcellency:
Tinubu has run away with it.

You know it. Power will never be served on the table. You fight for it, you snatch it, and you run away with it. Emilokan Tinubu has just done that
Re: Justice Okoro To Head Supreme Court Panel On Presidential Election Petition by Godfullsam(m): 9:07pm On Oct 15, 2023
kaludestiny10:
Nothing good will come out from justice okoro inyang led supreme court justices on the presidential election petition. The man is controversial in nature.

But OKORO should favour Obi na
Re: Justice Okoro To Head Supreme Court Panel On Presidential Election Petition by Godfullsam(m): 9:08pm On Oct 15, 2023
kettykin:

.I thought setting aside the constitution was tantamount to a coup detat, why am I seeing it here among legal luminaries that should be defending it.

I now understand why Tinubu spent 4 hours in oji Kalis house and why there are plans and talks to release Nnamdi kanu

Shut up!
Re: Justice Okoro To Head Supreme Court Panel On Presidential Election Petition by BoldBrainz(m): 9:08pm On Oct 15, 2023
Burob:
The same way the Supreme Court ruled in favor of President Shagari, President Obasanjo, President Yar’Adua & President Buhari, The same way they are going to rule in favor of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu,

The Supreme Court of Nigeria is a Court of precedence, nothing new under the sun in the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Please desist from self deceit, it adds no value to your existence.

Self-deceit?

Lol.

You nairalanders don't even understand that some of us have the choice of making our lives in other countries, but that we seek to address our national concerns is just borne of the need to give voices to others without alternatives. The day your country collapses, I'll simply pack a bag and relocate to my mother's country, then comfortably make my life there. So there's absolutely no need for me to dance to the gallery to please any politician(s) or public figures..😂.

Nigga say na self-deceit. For this useless country that has nothing to offer her citizens? Mtscheew!

2 Likes

Re: Justice Okoro To Head Supreme Court Panel On Presidential Election Petition by APCNig: 9:09pm On Oct 15, 2023
BoldBrainz:
Lol.

This information had been exposed on X since Tuesday last week. Millions of dollars have been flying around as inducements just to buy a unanimous decision predicated on technicalities. Ariwoola's choice to recuse himself is an already sorted game-plan to paint an impartial facade to the Nigerian public. He and the Attorney General are the arrowheads of the negotiations..😂.

Una go juss dey nairaland dey get belated information.

We are masters of the game. The game is called Politics

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Justice Okoro To Head Supreme Court Panel On Presidential Election Petition by seaenergy: 9:10pm On Oct 15, 2023
Ofunaofu:

Justice John Inyang Okoro has been nominated to coordinate the Supreme Court panel that will oversee the presidential election petition filed by the candidates of Labour Party (LP), Mr. Peter Gregory Obi, and the People Democratic Party PDP), Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, respectively.

News Band gathered that Justice Okoro is currently coordinating other Justices of the Supreme Court out of the total of eleven Justices currently serving in the apex court.

An insider, however, revealed to this medium that there is heavy arm-twisting among the Justices as the majority are insisting on following the electoral act and the federal constitution governing elections in the country devoid of technicalities.

In the meantime, it was learnt that the Chief Judge of the Federation, Chief Justice Olukayode Ariwoola and Justice Kekere-Ekun have both recused themselves to avoid conflict of interest.

Justice Ariwoola, this medium was informed, recused himself over his longstanding relationship with President Bola Ahmed Tinubu who is one of the Respondents in the petitions.

On her part, Justice Kekere-Ekun recused herself over her relationship with Alhaji Abubakar through her husband who is a serving board member of American University of Nigeria, Yola, owned by the PDP flag bearer.

Justice Okoro, it was gathered, is faced with an uphill task of securing a unanimous judgement from the seven justices required by Law to be on the panel.

Another source, who spoke on condition of anonymity, meanwhile revealed that the “arm-twisting” involves the Department of State Security (DSS) and the Attorney General of the Federation (AGF), Yusuf Fagbemi.

Fagbemi, the source said, is the middle man between the camp of the presidency and the Supreme Court led by Justice Inyang Okoro.

It is left to be seen whether the Justices of the Supreme Court will uphold the electoral act and the constitution or whether they will rely on technicalities like the Presidential Election Petition Court (PEPC).

According to information gleaned from the apex court website, currently, there are eleven Justices.

With the recusal of both Chief Justices Ariwoola and Kekere-Ekun due to conflicts of interest, only nine remain from which seven will be selected.

According to the source, the three Justices are under heavy pressure to either unflinchingly adhere to the constitution without compromise, which will be a blow to the camp of Tinubu, or play along as the judges of PEPC were accused of.

https://news.band/justice-okoro-to-head-supreme-court-panel-on-presidential-election-petition/

Before agbero go start to fight Igbos, this manis from akwa Ibo. The okoro mean diff erent thing not as in igbo.
Re: Justice Okoro To Head Supreme Court Panel On Presidential Election Petition by Godfullsam(m): 9:11pm On Oct 15, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Which constitution grin?

Nigeria is currently running on the Bourdillon constitution that's being coined and amended by Remi Tinubu, Raji Fashola, Gbajabiamila and Lateef Fagbemi.

You go explain and complain Taya

No evidence!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Justice Okoro To Head Supreme Court Panel On Presidential Election Petition by Burob: 9:11pm On Oct 15, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:

# bolded lol grin. Peter Obi and Atiku think otherwise. Particularly Peter Obi who became Governor through Nigeria's judiciary.

If not, what are they looking for in a system they have no confidence nor faith in.

Exactly, isn’t that character Boldbrainz the thing playing the lead role in the blockbuster movie
“The Hypocrite”.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Justice Okoro To Head Supreme Court Panel On Presidential Election Petition by BoldBrainz(m): 9:13pm On Oct 15, 2023
Burob:
Exactly, is that character Boldbrainz the thing playing the lead role in the blockbuster movie
“The Hypocrite”.

You've spent the entirety of your comments insulting me, while I have been leaving you carefully worded comments. Won't you like to call yourself to order? You honestly won't like to start what you'll be unable to finish, would you?

1 Like

Re: Justice Okoro To Head Supreme Court Panel On Presidential Election Petition by Dadadede: 9:15pm On Oct 15, 2023
Hatchet jobs in Nigeria only reserved for the igbos.

This has given that hatchet job to finish work.

Congrats to Tinubu in advance.
Re: Justice Okoro To Head Supreme Court Panel On Presidential Election Petition by Burob: 9:15pm On Oct 15, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Self-deceit?

Lol.

You nairalanders don't even understand that some of us have the choice of making our lives in other countries, but that we seek to address our national concerns is just borne of the need to give voices to others without alternatives. The day your country collapses, I'll simply pack a bag and relocate to my mother's country, then comfortably make my life there. So there's absolutely no need for me to dance to the gallery to please any politician(s) or public figures..😂.

Nigga say na self-deceit. For this useless country that has nothing to offer her citizens? Mtscheew!
You must be a Hypocrite then, why all the whining, if you have it like that, why not add your quota, & be the best you can be?

Nigeria is a 3 tier system of government, Federal, States & Local Government, & The congregation of fellow Humbugs.

You talk Tinubu & The Federal Government morning to night, but never have you mentioned your state or Governor, & what they are doing to move the society forward?

1 Like

Re: Justice Okoro To Head Supreme Court Panel On Presidential Election Petition by Burob: 9:20pm On Oct 15, 2023
BoldBrainz:

You've spent the entirety of your comments insulting me, while I have been leaving you carefully worded comments. Won't you like to call yourself to order? You honestly won't like to start what you'll be unable to finish, would you?
Stop telling lies. & propaganda in public, when the truth is glaring.
Re: Justice Okoro To Head Supreme Court Panel On Presidential Election Petition by Burob: 9:21pm On Oct 15, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Stop telling lies. & propaganda in public, when the truth is glaring.

Do not disrespect the office of The President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

All your allegations against President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has been refuted by the same justice system United States, & Nigeria that you have hinged all your faint imagination on.
Re: Justice Okoro To Head Supreme Court Panel On Presidential Election Petition by kaludestiny10(m): 9:40pm On Oct 15, 2023
The controversial man is from Akwa Ibom state. So forget about the Okoro attached to his name.
Godfullsam:

But OKORO should favour Obi na
Re: Justice Okoro To Head Supreme Court Panel On Presidential Election Petition by BoldBrainz(m): 9:41pm On Oct 15, 2023
Burob:
You must be a Hypocrite then, why all the whining, if you have it like that, why not add your quota, & be the best you can be?

Nigeria is a 3 tier system of government, Federal, States & Local Government, & The congregation of fellow Humbugs.

You talk Tinubu & The Federal Government morning to night, but never have you mentioned your state or Governor, & what they are doing to move the society forward?

Open my profile and read through the only topic I ever saw the need to create on nairaland.

I have every right to call my leaders to account and question their leadership. That you benefit from the government shouldn't be a yardstick for you to invalidate other people's concerns.

And for someone whose father is a Supreme court justice, it's no wonder you can afford to die in defence of the current Nigerian setting, cause it unambiguously favours your parochial interests.

2 Likes

Re: Justice Okoro To Head Supreme Court Panel On Presidential Election Petition by SeeWahala: 10:29pm On Oct 15, 2023
Burob:
Only the naive myopic clueless Obidients still dey put all eyes 👀 on the judiciary.

We are talking of the ones that are ridiculously oblivious, the same ones on Nairaland that swore on their stupidity that President Buhari was a clone.

I know right undecided

These Obidients should know that tinubu is a drug batin with too much money. Paying bribes is second nature to him

And receiving bribes is second nature to our judicial workers from top to bottom cool

To be honest, i dont know why most of them are still too deluded to see this fact like you.
Re: Justice Okoro To Head Supreme Court Panel On Presidential Election Petition by Japa007: 11:24pm On Oct 15, 2023
Inyang Okoro

Fake justice .. He's not an Igbo man jare

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rochas Okorocha Wasn't Seeking For Votes When He Built This For The North / Babangida Threatens To Quit PDP / Lagos New Year Countdown Party And Firework Display. Pics.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.