Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,150 members, 7,953,550 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:51 PM

Is It Right To Shout God Is Great When Murdering Fellow Human Beings ? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Right To Shout God Is Great When Murdering Fellow Human Beings ? (1806 Views)

Buhari Told Me Why People Can’t Shout ‘Nagode Allah’ In Nigeria – Mbaka / Envy Not Your Fellow Human Being / Let's Join Hand And Help Our Fellow Human (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right To Shout God Is Great When Murdering Fellow Human Beings ? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Oct 23, 2011
frosbel:

BTW , the question has not been answered.
Is it right to shout God is great or even Stalin is great when killing fellow human beings.
@Lagoshia, you would have noticed I have used the name GOD and not ALLAH to avoid hurting your feelings cheesy
But anyway guys , answer my question.
I personally thing it is wrong.
The crusaders fought in the name of GOD , but [b]GOD never gave them the permission for their murderous wars.[/b]When we commit evil to our fellow man, let us not drag GOD into it, let us leave him out of our wicked actions, because he does not sanction them.
God is just , holy , righteous and loving.

Murder is wrong regardless of what you yell while doing it. ( executing a tyrant is not murder though cool)
How do you KNOW that god didn't give them permission?
How do you know god didn't tell them where to find gaddafi or help the crusaders swing their axes and chop heads off.
You say god doesn't sanction killings but his book says otherwise.
Re: Is It Right To Shout God Is Great When Murdering Fellow Human Beings ? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Oct 23, 2011
Sweetnecta:

@Martian; if tyranny is the reason for killing, the length of time tyrant rules should be irrelevant. Hence, i do hope that you know that we now have a tyrant in Aso Rock? so what are you gonna do about him? He is evil as they come, in a quietly unassuming manner. he steals and cons. If there was ever an okay leadership in Nigeria, the thugs in Aso Rock today is not it.

Jonathan is not a tyrant. He was voted in by Nigerians with the blessings of their religious leaders like Adeboye who probably got a seed of an oil rig for his troubles. Maybe when I get wealthy, I'll become my own CIA and start financing and messing with countries' internal affairs. We have to wait some years for that though. smiley
Re: Is It Right To Shout God Is Great When Murdering Fellow Human Beings ? by mazaje(m): 6:31pm On Oct 23, 2011
frosbel:

BTW , the question has not been answered.

Is it right to shout God is great or even Stalin is great when killing fellow human beings.

@Lagoshia, you would have noticed I have used the name GOD and not ALLAH to avoid hurting your feelings  cheesy

But anyway guys , answer my question.

I personally thing it is wrong.

The crusaders fought in the name of GOD , but GOD never gave them the permission for their murderous wars.

When we commit evil to our fellow man, let us not drag GOD into it, let us leave him out of our wicked actions, because he does not sanction them.

How did you know this?. . . . .How did you know that they didn't receive their marching orders from their God?. . .Here is one verse out of many where your God commands people to go about killing others. . .Passages like these abound inside the bible. . . .So how do you know that they didn't receive their marching orders from Yahweh?. . .

"Go up, my warriors, against the land of Merathaim and against the people of Pekod. Yes, march against Babylon, the land of rebels, a land that I will judge!  Pursue, kill, and completely destroy them, as I have commanded you," says the LORD.  "Let the battle cry be heard in the land, a shout of great destruction".   (Jeremiah 50:21-22)

God is just , holy , righteous and loving.

If I threaten to send wild animals to kill your kids for failing to obey me will you consider me as a holy, just, righteous and loving character?. . .
Re: Is It Right To Shout God Is Great When Murdering Fellow Human Beings ? by plappville(f): 6:52pm On Oct 23, 2011
@Op, it is wrong for one to carry on a barbaric killing like this.
Wrong to shout in Allahs name why killing, but they know better why they ve to do that.
Is this the first time u hear this shout in killing event like this??
Its had to hid from the truth, the rebels ve displayed their rights not Gods right.
Arabs cant stop shouting at Allah when they kill. Whats the point hiding the truth when its all over in the air.
America, Europe are happy, but what will be the state of Libians in the future undecided
What a barbaric assasinators!!!
Re: Is It Right To Shout God Is Great When Murdering Fellow Human Beings ? by Sweetnecta: 7:07pm On Oct 23, 2011
@Martian; « #33 on: Today at 06:10:26 PM »
[Quote]Quote from: Sweetnecta on Today at 05:44:33 PM
@Martian; if tyranny is the reason for killing, the length of time tyrant rules should be irrelevant. Hence, i do hope that you know that we now have a tyrant in Aso Rock? so what are you gonna do about him? He is evil as they come, in a quietly unassuming manner. he steals and cons. If there was ever an okay leadership in Nigeria, the thugs in Aso Rock today is not it.

Jonathan is not a tyrant. He was voted in by Nigerians with the blessings of their religious leaders like Adeboye who probably got a seed of an oil rig for his troubles. Maybe when I get wealthy, I'll become my own CIA and start financing and messing with countries' internal affairs. We have to wait some years for that though. Smiley[/Quote]Nigeria voted a tyranny in when they did, in this Mr. President. those he has been coning will call him a tyrant. Those whose tools of business he has gotten for his private use now, hoping that he returns it to them in their lifetime. look, i know a tyrant by his deeds. If you are sure of what your guy did with Adeboye, as above, what is the difference between Mr. president and any military ruler?
Re: Is It Right To Shout God Is Great When Murdering Fellow Human Beings ? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Oct 23, 2011
Sweetnecta:

@Martian; « #33 on: Today at 06:10:26 PM »Nigeria voted a tyranny in when they did, in this Mr. President. those he has been coning will call him a tyrant. Those whose tools of business he has gotten for his private use now, hoping that he returns it to them in their lifetime. look, i know a tyrant by his deeds. If you are sure of what your guy did with Adeboye, as above, what is the difference between Mr. president and any military ruler?

A military ruler has absolute power while a president is usually checked by the legislative, judicial or some other arms of goverment. Jonathan might be corrupt but he is not a tyrant. I'm not sure about Adeboye and his oil rig but it's definitely a possiblity. Private jets are not cheap.
Re: Is It Right To Shout God Is Great When Murdering Fellow Human Beings ? by harakiri(m): 7:13pm On Oct 24, 2011
Well, the bible doesn't say it's a "sin" so i guess the final answer rests on you FROSBEL. In between, aren't there numerous cases of genocide,ethnic cleansing,R.a.pe,ince$t,arson and all sorts of "sins" in the bible? Why is this one special? Your bible encourages babies to be bashed on rocks in the name of the lawd. That sounds more graphic to me.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Whose A Better Role Model. Jesus Christ Or Muhammad? Read And Vote ! / Tell Us How And Why You Join The Ogboni Or Freemason Frat Or Any Other Frat. / Why Are There No More Prophets?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.