Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,945 members, 7,814,197 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

The Economy Just Got More Turbulent - Punch Editorial Board - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Economy Just Got More Turbulent - Punch Editorial Board (11372 Views)

Buhari Lays ‘booby Traps’ For Incoming Government; By Punch Editorial Board / House Of Representatives’ Provocative Hijab Bill - Punch Editorial Board / Ochereome Nnanna's Tribalistic Facebook Posts (Chairman Vanguard Editorial Board (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Economy Just Got More Turbulent - Punch Editorial Board by iykepromotions: 10:41am On Oct 16, 2023
This is not a time to rely on one source of income. Possibly look for ways to make income through USD/EUR legitimately. Check this free awareness thread if you can be smart enough to work online; https://www.nairaland.com/3430037/what-make-money-online

One of my earnings below with an investment of $9.
Re: The Economy Just Got More Turbulent - Punch Editorial Board by Kukutente23: 10:45am On Oct 16, 2023
Cruise777:

Amen
He cursed your mother and you said Amen?
Re: The Economy Just Got More Turbulent - Punch Editorial Board by Cruise777: 10:46am On Oct 16, 2023
Kukutente23:

He cursed your mother and you said Amen?

Read my comment very well
Re: The Economy Just Got More Turbulent - Punch Editorial Board by Onewazobia(m): 10:48am On Oct 16, 2023
I hope they won't do Nigeria things ooo.

13 unit of bottle blowers are readily available.
Interested persons/company contact us at

wnew663@gmail.com
Or zero seven zero eight 3 one 8 61 eight 8

Re: The Economy Just Got More Turbulent - Punch Editorial Board by Kukutente23: 10:51am On Oct 16, 2023
benuejosh:
We will sail through.

Bobo Chicago is in charge and with God helping us and collectively we will sail through.

I believe Nigeria is rising to the Pinnacle of greatness.
Is Bobo Chicago not the name of a drug lord

1 Like

Re: The Economy Just Got More Turbulent - Punch Editorial Board by goody234: 11:23am On Oct 16, 2023
Stop the wanton corruption and looting first ....get back to the basics ...Good electricity supply is very important earmark some cities that will get constant electricity as per production hub ...the work on the roads ...basics first
Re: The Economy Just Got More Turbulent - Punch Editorial Board by edungene7: 11:38am On Oct 16, 2023
All thanks to Gloria Adekunle Amoda Ogunlere Ahmed Bola Tinubu and is online rodents
Re: The Economy Just Got More Turbulent - Punch Editorial Board by writeprof(m): 12:02pm On Oct 16, 2023
Islie:

https://punchng.com/the-economy-just-got-more-turbulent/

FT, IMF and others now agree that Tinubu should stop announcing policies without plans for their implementation and handling their fallout. His ministers are separately proclaiming plans, but no discernible overall coordinated plan weaving them together has emerged. While the administration touts, and cherry-picks some free market policies, it ignores the critical ‘low-hanging fruits.’

ALMIGHTY GOD, DELIVER NIGERIANS FROM THIS ONE CHANCE ADMINISTRATION.
Re: The Economy Just Got More Turbulent - Punch Editorial Board by blueAgent(m): 12:18pm On Oct 16, 2023
Ckonnet:
Nigerian politicians are just demonic and wicked, they know what to do but they prefer playing their stupid politics at the expense of the populace.
Why would you float naira and remove subsidy at the same even when your economy depends on this factors.

Who told you dey know.

The typical blackman is naive and low Iqed.

That while all black ruled nations are 4th World countries.
Re: The Economy Just Got More Turbulent - Punch Editorial Board by bjdon: 12:19pm On Oct 16, 2023
I am enjoying the economy, the more Niara falls, the further my forex goes, I've brought forward 2 projects from next year to this year.

If you voted Tinubu/APC and you earning in Niara, na your toro be that one!!

1 Like

Re: The Economy Just Got More Turbulent - Punch Editorial Board by grandstar(m): 12:30pm On Oct 16, 2023
Yes, Tinubu should do more. I think the government is threading carefully in respect of economic policies like China did in the late 1970s.

It is following a gradualist approach.

The problems besetting the economy are enormous, I feel Peter Obi and especially Atiku would have done more by this stage. I think it partially because he took over from an APC government and government is a continuum. He can't say he was unaware of the grandiose waste that occurred under Buhari. He just has to suck it up.

The elephant in the room presently is the high inflation rate. It needs to be brought and the only way is through high interest rates to mop up the excess cash in the system.

I still think the government should be cut some slack. It inherited a dreadful economy, one in which the scale of the rot was unknown and purposely hidden. How would anyone guess less than $4bn remained in the foreign reserves.

The government is putting bits and pieces together. The other day, it was lifting on the restriction of forex purchase from the official market for 43 products.

However, a cohorent strategy as the article pointed out should be presented now.
Re: The Economy Just Got More Turbulent - Punch Editorial Board by Ckonnet: 12:47pm On Oct 16, 2023
blueAgent:

Who told you dey know.

The typical blackman is naive and low Iqed.

That while all black ruled nations are 4th World countries.

And you are black. Still d black man syndrome, they must give excuse for their failure if you and your generation are possessed with low IQ then it is what it is for you.
Re: The Economy Just Got More Turbulent - Punch Editorial Board by Reference(m): 1:49pm On Oct 16, 2023
At the headline.
Proof of leadership deficit.....oh my device suggests defeciency. Even it understands the problem.
Re: The Economy Just Got More Turbulent - Punch Editorial Board by gudugudumeje: 1:53pm On Oct 16, 2023
Punch, as good as this Editorial comment is, its advice to sell the refineries and privatization is absurd and unpatriotic. Here and there must be Punch writing for, and prosper some mercantilists and laissez-faire capitalists. Nb.
Re: The Economy Just Got More Turbulent - Punch Editorial Board by TemmyT002(m): 2:56pm On Oct 16, 2023
Someone said EMILOKAN.
It is a selfish word in Yoruba.
It means he is only concerned about HIMSELF. Its all about him, not everyone else. He just wants to be president. He no send us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Economy Just Got More Turbulent - Punch Editorial Board by blueAgent(m): 3:01pm On Oct 16, 2023
Ckonnet:

And you are black. Still d black man syndrome, they must give excuse for their failure if you and your generation are possessed with low IQ then it is what it is for you.

Typical blackman's response, awalys shifting blame.
Till we as black ppl have fewer ppl like you, we would remain a 4th world nation and ppl. shocked
Re: The Economy Just Got More Turbulent - Punch Editorial Board by Fujiyama: 3:45pm On Oct 16, 2023
grandstar:
Yes, Tinubu should do more. I think the government is threading carefully in respect of economic policies like China did in the late 1970s.

^^^
undecided

You need to be clearer on exactly what you mean by this.

grandstar:

^^^
The proclamation of May 29 was anything but a gradualist approach. You can see the results.

grandstar:
The problems besetting the economy are enormous, I feel Peter Obi and especially Atiku would have done more by this stage. I think it partially because he took over from an APC government and government is a continuum. He can't say he was unaware of the grandiose waste that occurred under Buhari. He just has to suck it up.

^^^
You need to call a spade a spade and be more firm in laying the blame exactly where it belongs. We are not talking about a change in government from one political party to another. This is the 9th year of unbroken APC leadership - long enough for some tangible, visible progress - but that has definitely not happened. This failure is inexcusable. BAT knew exactly what was going on with his brother, Buhari's government - and his feet should be held to the fire for being a willing ally in Buhari's misrule. If Nigerians knew their left from their right, the APC should have suffered a catastrophic, landslide defeat at the polls. But here we are. We will learn the hard way.

grandstar:
The elephant in the room presently is the high inflation rate. It needs to be brought and the only way is through high interest rates to mop up the excess cash in the system.

^^^

I and millions of Nigerians are spectators when it comes to policy. BAT and his "technocrats" undecided have all the policy tools they need at their disposal. We onlookers just want results. Its up to them to succeed or fail.

grandstar:
I still think the government should be cut some slack. It inherited a dreadful economy, one in which the scale of the rot was unknown and purposely hidden. How would anyone guess less than $4bn remained in the foreign reserves.

^^^
undecided

Now you are making untenable excuses for failure. How much slack has the government cut me?

BAT and his team asked for this job. They fought for it. It wasn't forced upon them. They knew exactly what they were getting into. Since BAT and his people wanted the job so much, they must deliver on the promises they made. Nigerians are not interested in excuses. Our material condition has deteriorated for 8 years going on 9 under APC leadership rulership and we want answers, Goddammit!

grandstar:
The government is putting bits and pieces together.

^^^
There's no time for that.

We are running on empty and far behind schedule. This isn't the time to put bits and pieces together. Its time for BAT to deliver. He made unbelievable promises while campaigning and now we have come to collect. No more excuses.

grandstar:
However, a cohorent strategy as the article pointed out should be presented now.

^^^
undecided

One would have thought that putting forth the big picture and getting Nigerians to buy in should have been the first thing on the agenda from day one. Talk about putting the cart before the horse.

It should be clear to you now that BAT and his party are out of their league and don't know what they are doing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Economy Just Got More Turbulent - Punch Editorial Board by mystery22: 6:35pm On Oct 16, 2023
BabaAgba79:

The economy cannot be better! Not because it is Tinubu that is ruling instead of Peter Obi or A. Abubakar. The economy cannot be better because there is over reliance on dollars! The "Big Men" including top military officers and politicians are holding the country to ransom. The crash of subsidy and single source of foreign exchange are good way to go. However, a lot of things need to be done to crash the rising cost of inflation. This can only be done when the CBN regulates the parallel market itself and its own commercial banks robustly. The difference btw the parallel market and the official market should be +2-2.

It is a known fact that, Nigerians are not patriotic! This should actually begin from the head of Government down to each last person in the country. Nigeria, I believe shall be great again. It is just a matter of time.
clown npc
Re: The Economy Just Got More Turbulent - Punch Editorial Board by mystery22: 6:36pm On Oct 16, 2023
Useless criminal with his useless supporters will suffer
Re: The Economy Just Got More Turbulent - Punch Editorial Board by Chetas81(m): 8:09pm On Oct 16, 2023
CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU THE NIGERIAN CITIZEN, ENJOY YOUR APC GOVERNMENT, WHEN YOU FINISH CRY BEHIND THE CURTAIN, KINDLY USE THE SAME CURTAIN TO CLEAN YOUR FACE 😜✍️🦍
Re: The Economy Just Got More Turbulent - Punch Editorial Board by smartr: 8:51pm On Oct 16, 2023
grandstar:

The government is putting bits and pieces together. The other day, it was lifting on the restriction of forex purchase from the official market for 43 products.

You go explain tire

1 Like

Re: The Economy Just Got More Turbulent - Punch Editorial Board by Miracle2020: 10:40pm On Oct 16, 2023
We told them but they voted religion and tribe instead of capacity.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

. / My View On Radio Biafra By A Northerner / Wabba: NLC Support For Peter Obi Hasn’t Changed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.