Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,765 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

Non-availability Of Jobs In Nigeria Tech Market: Reality Or Just A Facade? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Non-availability Of Jobs In Nigeria Tech Market: Reality Or Just A Facade? (784 Views)

Are Nigerians Too Poor To Pay For Software Subscriptions Or Just Too Stingy ? / Projected Recession In The US And Possible Impact On Availability Of Remote Jobs / Is PHP A Must In Nigeria Tech Industry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Non-availability Of Jobs In Nigeria Tech Market: Reality Or Just A Facade? by InteliJ(f): 9:30am On Oct 16, 2023
Hello there,

Of recent, I started job hunting on LinkedIn and I decided to try Nigerian companies.

I noticed that there're literally no jobs in Nigeria.

Most openings were outdated and are very few and located in only Lagos.

My question is; is there any other job sites Nigerian techies source for jobs or there's another LinkedIn app you guys use?

Another question is; are there jobs in this sector to meet up with the ever increasing supply?

Please don't mention remote jobs. Companies are now moving to hybrid and remote roles are country specific.

I think the tech sector is not the next big thing we all think it is. Especially in NIGERIA.

What's your opinion?

1 Like

Re: Non-availability Of Jobs In Nigeria Tech Market: Reality Or Just A Facade? by LikeAking: 10:29am On Oct 16, 2023
InteliJ:
Hello there,

Of recent, I started job hunting on LinkedIn and I decided to try Nigerian companies.

Na so life be..

Just learn how to dev web Apps very well, then build your own sites or clone..

Take inspiration from Seun of Nairaland..

You can also build themes and plugins..

One Olosho app on the App Store is doing wonders..

NL too is doing wonders..
Re: Non-availability Of Jobs In Nigeria Tech Market: Reality Or Just A Facade? by LikeAking: 10:32am On Oct 16, 2023
Permit me to say this : Some of you waste ya time learning data science, dev ops, cyber security, etc..

Without knowing the foundation of what you are learning..

You are moved by those YouTube inflencers and fake influencers with h promises of job.

Face book is a web app abi?

NL is a web app abi?

The money is in web apps..

Bet Naija, goal.com, minor point, etc.

Nigerian tech guys shud build apps…

Simple apps..

3 Likes

Re: Non-availability Of Jobs In Nigeria Tech Market: Reality Or Just A Facade? by Hideaki: 11:00am On Oct 16, 2023
Start your business in Nigeria and employ people.

It doesn't take much , just develop your idea and projects into real world applications and pitch to boomers living around you .

Nigeria barely have IT establishments and companies

Creating companies and businesses should be the goal not applying for jobs others would also be doing .

Cybersecurity, gaming and cloud solutions with many others are lacking in nigeria

Find a niche and work on it .

1 Like

Re: Non-availability Of Jobs In Nigeria Tech Market: Reality Or Just A Facade? by InteliJ(f): 5:04pm On Oct 16, 2023
Hideaki:
Start your business in Nigeria and employ people.

It doesn't take much , just develop your idea and projects into real world applications and pitch to boomers living around you .

Nigeria barely have IT establishments and companies

Creating companies and businesses should be the goal not applying for jobs others would also be doing .

Cybersecurity, gaming and cloud solutions with many others are lacking in nigeria

Find a niche and work on it .
Nice opinion.

But do you know starting and running a business in Nigeria is difficult even more difficult than getting a job?

How about people not into web dev/app dev?
Re: Non-availability Of Jobs In Nigeria Tech Market: Reality Or Just A Facade? by Hideaki: 5:36pm On Oct 16, 2023
InteliJ:

Nice opinion.

But do you know starting and running a business in Nigeria is difficult even more difficult than getting a job?

How about people not into web dev/app dev?

Running a business is tough but starting is much tougher

But at the end you're gonna thank yourself that you picked to do a business

Just start small , it could be developing a game all by yourself and making it open source in the initial release or offering some cloud solution

Do meaningful work, work for free

Develop real world projects

Your projects will speak for you instead of you do the talking
Re: Non-availability Of Jobs In Nigeria Tech Market: Reality Or Just A Facade? by InteliJ(f): 7:09pm On Oct 16, 2023
Hideaki:

Running a business is tough but starting is much tougher

But at the end you're gonna thank yourself that you picked to do a business

Just start small , it could be developing a game all by yourself and making it open source in the initial release or offering some cloud solution

Do meaningful work, work for free

Develop real world projects

Your projects will speak for you instead of you do the talking
Thank you for this response. I'm not a dev tho, I'm a qa engineer
Re: Non-availability Of Jobs In Nigeria Tech Market: Reality Or Just A Facade? by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:19pm On Oct 16, 2023
It definitely reduced but in 2020 when I started learning to code there were a lot of local jobs in Nigeria. Unfortunately a lot of the startups from then are no longer in operation.

2 Likes

Re: Non-availability Of Jobs In Nigeria Tech Market: Reality Or Just A Facade? by InteliJ(f): 7:41pm On Oct 16, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
It definitely reduced but in 2020 when I started learning to code there were a lot of local jobs in Nigeria. Unfortunately a lot of the startups from then are no longer in operation.
Right now it has gone worse. Startups are struggling to survive. Investors are very cautious and the recent development of African startup owners squandering investors money isn't helping matters.

1 Like

Re: Non-availability Of Jobs In Nigeria Tech Market: Reality Or Just A Facade? by Konetech: 9:21pm On Oct 16, 2023
LikeAking:
Permit me to say this : Some of you waste ya time learning data science, dev ops, cyber security, etc..

Without knowing the foundation of what you are learning..

You are moved by those YouTube inflencers and fake influencers with h promises of job.

Face book is a web app abi?
NL is a web app abi?

The money is in web apps..

Bet Naija, goal.com, minor point, etc.

Nigerian tech guys shud build apps…

Simple apps..

My guy you are too much God bless you … anyways anyone looking to start a new career in animations and motion graphics can subscribe to my YouTube channel or join our WhatsApp group
CGI environment created with blender | vfx | Architectural visualization | interior design

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KdLWtW6nSk
Re: Non-availability Of Jobs In Nigeria Tech Market: Reality Or Just A Facade? by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:30pm On Oct 16, 2023
InteliJ:

Right now it has gone worse. Startups are struggling to survive. Investors are very cautious and the recent development of African startup owners squandering investors money isn't helping matters.

Try your hands at freelancing or open source

1 Like

Re: Non-availability Of Jobs In Nigeria Tech Market: Reality Or Just A Facade? by LikeAking: 12:17am On Oct 17, 2023
Konetech:
My guy you are too much God bless you … anyways anyone looking to start a new career in animations and motion graphics can subscribe to my YouTube channel or join our WhatsApp group
CGI environment created with blender | vfx | Architectural visualization | interior design

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KdLWtW6nSk

Ok!

Nice hustle…
Re: Non-availability Of Jobs In Nigeria Tech Market: Reality Or Just A Facade? by InteliJ(f): 6:26am On Oct 17, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Try your hands at freelancing or open source
Thank you very much for your advice.

But, I don't build sir. I only test what you've built if it's okay for end users to use.

Open source and freelance opportunities is popular among developers. Other fields; not so much. In my field, it's close to none.

If you've any advice or you think otherwise, please let me know. There's sth I can learn from you.
Re: Non-availability Of Jobs In Nigeria Tech Market: Reality Or Just A Facade? by Dikastan: 11:37am On Oct 17, 2023
Please and please,can anyone advice me on tech/skill I can learn that can be of good help in getting job when one travels abroad. I can operate computer literally bu I need extra skills.this training is expected to last six months
Re: Non-availability Of Jobs In Nigeria Tech Market: Reality Or Just A Facade? by Konetech: 12:09pm On Oct 17, 2023
Dikastan:
Please and please,can anyone advice me on tech/skill I can learn that can be of good help in getting job when one travels abroad. I can operate computer literally bu I need extra skills.this training is expected to last six months
learn animation the opportunity behind it is endless . Do you research and come back to thank me
Re: Non-availability Of Jobs In Nigeria Tech Market: Reality Or Just A Facade? by Dikastan: 12:37pm On Oct 17, 2023
Konetech:
learn animation the opportunity behind it is endless . Do you research and come back to thank me
Ok, thanks. Can I get a trainer in Onitsha?
Re: Non-availability Of Jobs In Nigeria Tech Market: Reality Or Just A Facade? by Konetech: 1:00pm On Oct 17, 2023
Dikastan:

check out my YouTube channel and we also have a WhatsApp group for enthusiasts
Re: Non-availability Of Jobs In Nigeria Tech Market: Reality Or Just A Facade? by InteliJ(f): 3:12pm On Oct 17, 2023
Konetech:
Opportunity behind animation is endless?? Please, what makes you say that? I'm curious and I'm sure others are curious too
Re: Non-availability Of Jobs In Nigeria Tech Market: Reality Or Just A Facade? by Konetech: 7:38pm On Oct 17, 2023
InteliJ:

Opportunity behind animation is endless?? Please, what makes you say that? I'm curious and I'm sure others are curious too
Why animation is better than software development as a career path

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liwZteELJyI this video has all the answers you need

1 Like

Re: Non-availability Of Jobs In Nigeria Tech Market: Reality Or Just A Facade? by Konetech: 3:10pm On Nov 06, 2023
Dikastan:

!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJsuEKdgq84

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need Your Help / Beneficial Blogs / Help Me With Html E Books For Beginners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.