Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,016 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

Clashes Between Biafra Separatists Killed 22 Cameroon BIR In 1 Month - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Clashes Between Biafra Separatists Killed 22 Cameroon BIR In 1 Month (653 Views)

Igbokwe To South-East Leaders: Choose Between Biafra, SGF, Senate President / See The Bridges Bridge Between Biafra And Amazonia / Anthony Sani: Choose Between Biafra & Igbo Presidency: Arewa Group To Southeast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Clashes Between Biafra Separatists Killed 22 Cameroon BIR In 1 Month by Whiteangel1234: 7:04pm On Oct 16, 2023
Clashes Between Biafra Separatists, Cameroon Troops Claim 22 Lives In Bakassi Peninsula

Again the Biafran separatists militant group has struck at Bakassi Peninsula in the Gulf of Guinea killing two.

Between September 11and October 16, 2023, Pillar Today gathered that not less than seven attacks or clashes have been recorded in the Bakassi Peninsula controlled by Cameroon and about 22 persons mostly of the Cameroonian Military unit of the Rapid d’intervention Battalions (BIR) may have lost their lives.

In this latest incident on October 16, an eyewitness report said the separatist militants Black Marine had attacked an oil vessel in the peninsula and the process clashed with the Cameroonian BIR in Idabato subdivision of Bakassi Peninsula.

Two crew members of the oil vessel were reportedly killed from the exchange of gunfire between Black Marine and the Cameroonian BIR in the area.

It was further gathered that the incident which happened at about 1pm on Monday left two separatists injured and five BIR members in critical condition.

Black Marine, is a dreaded militant group linked to the Biafra Nations League (BnL), is said to have opened fire on the BIR in an attempt to intercept an oil vessel they were accompanying to the maritime border where Nigeria and Cameroon drill their oil.

Eye witness account told Pillar Today that the militant group drove with two speed boats and first opened fire on the military, forcing the BIR to retaliate.

The Biafra Nations League, BnL, whose operational base is in Bakassi Peninsula and Cameroonian have been battling for control of the region since it’s warning asking external forces including Nigeria and Cameroon to stay clear from the territory.

Commenting, the BnL Leader, Princewill Richards who is happy with the various attacks, said “the fly that does not hear a word follows the corpse to the grave. I won’t sue for peace”

Meanwhile, two days ago, the 13 Brigade, Nigerian Army, Calabar had launched ‘Exercise Still Waters 3′ at Ikang in Bakassi Local Government Area (LGA) of Cross River state in South South Nigeria apperently to checkmate criminal activities in the area.

Flagging-off the ceremony, the Commander, 13 Brigade, Nigerian Army, Brigadier Gen. E.I. Okoro said that the exercise was part of Nigerian Army’s schedule of activities for the nation in the year 2023 as the exercise would help the Army bring down the incidence of kidnapping, sea piracy, and other forms of criminality taking place along the state’s maritime

https://www.pillartoday.com/clashes-between-biafra-separatists-cameroon-troops-claim-22-lives-in-bakassi-peninsula/?fbclid=IwAR1xi_sfSl7Vocb3A_zVX3MkYqhlP6B7DV2gyte1SpUkivW3c83yb-gDomA

Re: Clashes Between Biafra Separatists Killed 22 Cameroon BIR In 1 Month by truthhurtsnaira: 7:05pm On Oct 16, 2023
LOL!!!

AFrica
Re: Clashes Between Biafra Separatists Killed 22 Cameroon BIR In 1 Month by TUANKU(m): 7:07pm On Oct 16, 2023
So IPOB has taken its terrorist activities abroad. IPOB is a stain on the Biafra struggle, these criminals are not nationalists or freedom fighters.
Re: Clashes Between Biafra Separatists Killed 22 Cameroon BIR In 1 Month by LeoDeKing: 7:10pm On Oct 16, 2023
Their plate akpu
Re: Clashes Between Biafra Separatists Killed 22 Cameroon BIR In 1 Month by kettykin: 7:29pm On Oct 16, 2023
smiley

Flagging-off the ceremony, the Commander, 13 Brigade, Nigerian Army, Brigadier Gen. E.I. Okoro said that the exercise was part of Nigerian Army’s schedule of activities for the nation in the year 2023 as the exercise would help the Army bring down the incidence of kidnapping, sea piracy, and other forms of criminality taking place along the state’s maritime

I thought they have handed bakassi to Cameroon.

God , let your peace reign in the land. Too many guns and people are being shot
Re: Clashes Between Biafra Separatists Killed 22 Cameroon BIR In 1 Month by EmirofAfonjaz: 7:33pm On Oct 16, 2023
BIAFRA..get Territory well well for there ooo!

This map shows that they are well established and GROUNDED

Levels cool

5 Likes

Re: Clashes Between Biafra Separatists Killed 22 Cameroon BIR In 1 Month by EmirofAfonjaz: 7:37pm On Oct 16, 2023
Your tears ...BUCKETs grin

LeoDeKing:
Their plate akpu

4 Likes

Re: Clashes Between Biafra Separatists Killed 22 Cameroon BIR In 1 Month by KingKO22: 7:39pm On Oct 16, 2023
Another survey report would elevate IPOB as 5th deadliest terrorists in the world by 2024
Re: Clashes Between Biafra Separatists Killed 22 Cameroon BIR In 1 Month by MrEverest(m): 7:47pm On Oct 16, 2023
Failed country. There seems to be war or some sort of fighting in all parts of the country.

The fact that separatist groups have such extensive network that reach to the sea makes it easy for them to smuggle weapons and share Intel.

Nigeria won't survive for too long with all these wars and crises everywhere.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Clashes Between Biafra Separatists Killed 22 Cameroon BIR In 1 Month by MrEverest(m): 7:52pm On Oct 16, 2023
TUANKU:
So IPOB has taken its terrorist activities abroad. IPOB is a stain on the Biafra struggle, these criminals are not nationalists or freedom fighters.

Mumu, did you read the article at all? IPOB is one separatist group out of many. This group may be affiliated or have same goals but they're totally different from IPOB. IPOB's military wing is ESN and they don't operate in Bakassi.

Almost every part of Nigeria is pissed off and they're angry against the state.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Clashes Between Biafra Separatists Killed 22 Cameroon BIR In 1 Month by dangermouse(m): 8:23pm On Oct 16, 2023
TUANKU:

Is Biafra fighting for independence from Cameroon?

The answer is no.

So why fight Cameroon instead of Nigeria?

You see, you people should not digest every propaganda you read online.

Cameroon is having its own separatist fighters which Is the English speaking part otherwise known as Ambazonia. They are not related in any way to the Biafra. Separatist fighters.

The op is just being mischievous.

1 Like

Re: Clashes Between Biafra Separatists Killed 22 Cameroon BIR In 1 Month by Austineva(m): 8:28pm On Oct 16, 2023
God bless our formidable Biafran Navy. You guys make us proud
Kudos 💪💪💪
Deal with the combined zoo and Cameronian terrorists army

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Clashes Between Biafra Separatists Killed 22 Cameroon BIR In 1 Month by chiagozien(m): 8:35pm On Oct 16, 2023
TUANKU:
Where did ipob mentioned there.

Abi ipob now Live free rent in your brain.

1 Like

Re: Clashes Between Biafra Separatists Killed 22 Cameroon BIR In 1 Month by TinubuDeDrugLor: 8:38pm On Oct 16, 2023
TUANKU:

Shut your mouth up. Close it mbok.

IPOB IS DOING THE LORDS WORK.

In few years to come IPOB would be e cognised as a force to reckon with and shall be funded heavily by America, France, China,, Russia etc...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Clashes Between Biafra Separatists Killed 22 Cameroon BIR In 1 Month by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 9:14pm On Oct 16, 2023
Yellow bars claim to be the most sophisticated but they don't travel and they are the most ignorant. grin

2 Likes

Re: Clashes Between Biafra Separatists Killed 22 Cameroon BIR In 1 Month by Hardfacts234(m): 10:11pm On Oct 16, 2023
I have been following "Biafra Nations League" (BNL) for over 5 years now.

What I observed is that most of their activities don't really make it to the Nigeria's mainstream Media maybe because Ipob activities overshadows all other Biafra Groups or because they actually don't operate on Nigerian territory.

BNL I think was founded by 2013 in Bakkasi. They rejects Cameroonian govt from ruling over the peninsula and rather prefers the state of Biafra. They often attacks pipelines and clashes with the Cameroonian military. Members of the group are mostly Oron people and some Igbos.

I have once heared Nnamdi Kanu talking about them. But i doubt if they has strong ties with Ipob.

3 Likes

Re: Clashes Between Biafra Separatists Killed 22 Cameroon BIR In 1 Month by kettykin: 10:13pm On Oct 16, 2023
Very soon UGM will turn into a full fledged private military company with administrative office , logistics, website, social media accounts etc. Will this make still a biafra force is what I don't know.

1 Like

Re: Clashes Between Biafra Separatists Killed 22 Cameroon BIR In 1 Month by Brek: 5:54pm On Oct 17, 2023
Hardfacts234:
I have been following "Biafra Nations League" (BNL) for over 5 years now.

What I observed is that most of their activities don't really make it to the Nigeria's mainstream Media maybe because Ipob activities overshadows all other Biafra Groups or because they actually don't operate on Nigerian territory.

BNL I think was founded by 2013 in Bakkasi. They rejects Cameroonian govt from ruling over the peninsula and rather prefers the state of Biafra. They often attacks pipelines and clashes with the Cameroonian military. Members of the group are mostly Oron people and some Igbos.

I have once heared Nnamdi Kanu talking about them. But i doubt if they has strong ties with Ipob.
Funny enough Nigeria is directly involved with the conflict with them

(1) (Reply)

Rhoda Jatau Regains Freedom After 18-months In Jail For Condemning Deborah Samue / Tinubu Has Put Smiles On The Faces Of Nigerians — Anambra APC Chieftain / Tinubu Help Me Recover My Multi-billion Naira Estate Destroyed At Abuja, Develop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.