Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,839 members, 7,838,018 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 02:04 PM

How I Was Accused Of Blasphemy” – Kaduna Journalist Writes From Hideout - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How I Was Accused Of Blasphemy” – Kaduna Journalist Writes From Hideout (356 Views)

From Hideout, I Saw Policemen Hack Dad To Death, Shoot His Nephew Dead / Omar Farouq: Teenager Convicted Of Blasphemy In Kano Jets Out Of Nigeria / I Trust The Lord God Of Host - Dino Melaye Blast Nigeria Leaders From Hideout (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Was Accused Of Blasphemy” – Kaduna Journalist Writes From Hideout by edudaniel(m): 7:29am On Oct 17, 2023
Coincidentally, the sad incident of an alleged blasphemy accusation against me, for reposting a viral video of Hamas’ Son, Mosab Hassan Yousef, unfolded on a Friday morning in Kaduna, specifically during the Jumat prayer day.

The controversy was primarily fueled by my Muslim journalist colleagues, notably a former chairman of the Kaduna State council of the Nigerian Union of Journalists (NUJ), along with other colleagues who also practiced the Muslim faith.

The trouble began when some of my Muslim colleagues, upon seeing the video of Hamas’ Son, which I had reposted in the general WhatsApp group of the Kaduna journalists’ forum on a Thursday, reacted negatively, emotionally, and in an uncivilized and biased manner.

The viral video was titled “Son of Hamas Exposes Muhammad” and was both audible and visually clear. In the video, Hamas’ Son was not alone; he was addressing like-minded Muslims about the history of intolerance in the religion of Islam and its leader.

In this approximately 15-minute video, Hamas’ Son extensively discussed the religious intolerance within Islam, linking it to the brief teachings of Prophet Muhammad’s jihad.

I had gone to bed for the night, and by the time I woke up the following day, which was Friday, I discovered that I had been removed from the Kaduna journalists’ WhatsApp group. The group chat had already been inundated with reactions and counter-reactions, all directed at me.

Read More

https://daybreak.ng/how-i-was-accused-of-blasphemy-kaduna-journalist-writes-from-hideout/

ORIGINAL STORY

Nigerian Christian Journalist Flees Amid Threats Over Hamas Son Video

https://daybreak.ng/nigerian-christian-journalist-flees-amid-threats-over-hamas-son-video/
Re: How I Was Accused Of Blasphemy” – Kaduna Journalist Writes From Hideout by JASONjnr(m): 7:31am On Oct 17, 2023
Una weh go vote for Muslim-Musilim ticket, where you expecting soft landing?

Them go slaughter Una neck taya for that North.....

My happiness is that, even if a follow Muslim blaspheme, them go follow chop him father join....

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Accused Of Blasphemy” – Kaduna Journalist Writes From Hideout by bennybuhari: 7:51am On Oct 17, 2023
Better run before they do to you what they did to that butcher
Re: How I Was Accused Of Blasphemy” – Kaduna Journalist Writes From Hideout by Dreal1247: 7:56am On Oct 17, 2023
The bad aspect of this religion is that when their god is hungry for human blood, he removes the senses of the followers and they start misinterpreting issues and start behaving irrationally. The worst part is that they are like mad dogs that bite it's owner.

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Accused Of Blasphemy” – Kaduna Journalist Writes From Hideout by zombieHUNTER: 7:58am On Oct 17, 2023
They just want Blood for the moon god..

Blasphemy is just a lame way of justifying it.

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Accused Of Blasphemy” – Kaduna Journalist Writes From Hideout by Omihanifa: 8:24am On Oct 17, 2023
Always fighting for their God.
Re: How I Was Accused Of Blasphemy” – Kaduna Journalist Writes From Hideout by muykem: 8:28am On Oct 17, 2023
Their idol is looking for more blood.
Re: How I Was Accused Of Blasphemy” – Kaduna Journalist Writes From Hideout by Zooposki(f): 8:35am On Oct 17, 2023
Most Christians don’t even have an idea what Blasphemy is in Islam. They should please restrict that nonsense to their own Muslim brothers, and leave Christians or any other faith out of it.
Re: How I Was Accused Of Blasphemy” – Kaduna Journalist Writes From Hideout by Available9: 8:48am On Oct 17, 2023
After dressing like a fake bishop, you never see anything
Re: How I Was Accused Of Blasphemy” – Kaduna Journalist Writes From Hideout by OMBIIGA: 8:53am On Oct 17, 2023
My fellow Muslim brother, I sincerely apologize un behave of Mr Gabriel Idibia. He lacks emotional intelligence!!
Further to that he is a journalist and should know better. The immediate action taken by the group admin is apt.

(1) (Reply)

Has ATIKU Returned To Dubai? / Apc Manipulating Results In Brass / Subsidy Removal: FG Was Owing The NNPC Over N4trn When Tinubu Took Over-

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.