Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,034 members, 7,814,528 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

Why FG Will Not Refund Ogun Govt For Rebuilding Abeokuta-Ota Expressway – Umahi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why FG Will Not Refund Ogun Govt For Rebuilding Abeokuta-Ota Expressway – Umahi (21676 Views)

Umahi: Ogun Cleared To Fix, Toll Abeokuta-Ota Highway / Senate Mandates FERMA To Fix Lagos-Ota Expressway / People's Reactions As Tinubu Releases 7-point Agenda For Rebuilding Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why FG Will Not Refund Ogun Govt For Rebuilding Abeokuta-Ota Expressway – Umahi by millhouse: 9:54am On Oct 17, 2023
moscobabs:
Which Abeokuta -Otta expressway pls?
the one re-built on paper
Re: Why FG Will Not Refund Ogun Govt For Rebuilding Abeokuta-Ota Expressway – Umahi by Originalsly: 10:00am On Oct 17, 2023
Are all the roads good in his State? Is there excess money in his State? The FG has money to build/repair its road.... it's their responsibility
.... why would he take over their responsibility using his taxpayers' money? ... what will happen to the money the FG will he saving? Aren't Federal roads supposed to be toll free? ... why start building a monster? What would stop him or future governors from pocketing tolls? What will be the toll cost? If other States follow same... seeing it will be a cash cow ... do we have any idea how costly it can be to travel through states? By then this monster will be beyond our control.

1 Like

Re: Why FG Will Not Refund Ogun Govt For Rebuilding Abeokuta-Ota Expressway – Umahi by Ashirioluwa: 10:05am On Oct 17, 2023
eranicbanz:

Are people still investing in Crypto?

Recent allegations of fraud and crackdowns by regulators on crypto exchanges have made a lot of people or investors to lose interest in crypto.
Re: Why FG Will Not Refund Ogun Govt For Rebuilding Abeokuta-Ota Expressway – Umahi by SoNature(m): 10:17am On Oct 17, 2023
dele1727:

The same set of people who accuses fashola of bias for tolling their road ...

You are praising umahi now.....

Everything umahi does is now good because of his tribe umahi can never do wrong ....

Anyways. Unlike those who wish this country evil..

We pray umahi and other ministers and the president does well..
Let God guide them alright

You didn't understand what Umahi said.

Let me explain to you before you argue.

I know some federal roads Ogun State is fixing and the state government always installs tollgates on those roads for getting their money back. For instance, the road that connects Ijebu-Ode to Epe. Ogun State has already mounted their tollgate there.

In Nigeria, federal roads are on the exclusive list, meaning that the federal government is supposed to repay Ogun State government the money used to fix federal roads in Ogun State.

However, Dave Umahi is now saying that the federal government won't pay Ogun State government back the money because Ogun State government has already installed tollgates on the federal road to recoup their money.

This ain't about wishing bad; this is a simple logic.

1 Like

Re: Why FG Will Not Refund Ogun Govt For Rebuilding Abeokuta-Ota Expressway – Umahi by MeineMutter: 10:23am On Oct 17, 2023
Cruise777:
cool

I really like Eng Dave Umahi

You want to toll a road with people paying tax yet still want money from FG, after constructing the road through state fund.

Ogun didn’t ask for any refund.
Learn how to read and understand. There’s no where in Umahi’s address where he mentioned Ogun was/is asking for a refund.

Umahi was only making clarifications because of people like you who cannot understand easily.

There’s no way you can toll a road after completing it and still expect a refund from government.

It is a basic common sense thing.
Re: Why FG Will Not Refund Ogun Govt For Rebuilding Abeokuta-Ota Expressway – Umahi by Unbiased1: 10:28am On Oct 17, 2023
dele1727:

The same set of people who accuses fashola of bias for tolling their road ...

You are praising umahi now.....

Everything umahi does is now good because of his tribe umahi can never do wrong ....

Anyways. Unlike those who wish this country evil..

We pray umahi and other ministers and the president does well..
Let God guide them alright

Stop writing nonsense, the road will be tolled by the Ogun state government not the federal ministry of works. Why can't you guys read before commenting?
Re: Why FG Will Not Refund Ogun Govt For Rebuilding Abeokuta-Ota Expressway – Umahi by Johnthesuccess: 10:36am On Oct 17, 2023
Thonyboy:

https://.ng/2023/10/17/why-fg-will-not-refund-ogun-govt-for-rebuilding-abeokuta-ota-expressway-umahi/

For the dumb heads that are criticising toll roads in Nigeria:

Are there toll roads in the USA?

There are many toll roads in the United States; as of 2006, toll roads exist in 35 states, with the majority of states without any toll roads being in the West and South. In 2015, there were 5,000 miles (8,000 km) of toll roads in the country.

Why are their tolls in USA?
Each State established a toll authority to issue bonds. Revenue from the bonds provided the funds, up front, to pay for construction. Toll revenue allowed the toll authority to repay bond holders with interest and finance administration, maintenance, and operation of the highway.

China. Nearly all Chinese expressways and express routes charge tolls, although they are not often networked from one toll expressway to another. However, beginning with the Jingshen Expressway, tolls are gradually being networked. Given the size of the nation, however, the task is rather difficult.

Which US state has the most toll roads?
In fact, Florida has the most toll roads of any state in the US. In total, this state has more than 719 miles of toll roads.
Re: Why FG Will Not Refund Ogun Govt For Rebuilding Abeokuta-Ota Expressway – Umahi by Ofunaofu: 10:46am On Oct 17, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
That's a whole lot of hardwork for a single FEC meeting. This is great! Check my signature for free stuffs!

Imagine
Re: Why FG Will Not Refund Ogun Govt For Rebuilding Abeokuta-Ota Expressway – Umahi by rrkk(m): 11:04am On Oct 17, 2023
It's the same Lagos Abeokuta expressway that passes through Otta.
moscobabs:
Re: Why FG Will Not Refund Ogun Govt For Rebuilding Abeokuta-Ota Expressway – Umahi by Lumarstone: 11:18am On Oct 17, 2023
Thieves! They soon come to tell us that they will build dual carriage flyover from Kano to Uyo.
Re: Why FG Will Not Refund Ogun Govt For Rebuilding Abeokuta-Ota Expressway – Umahi by Gajagojo: 11:21am On Oct 17, 2023
Cruise777:
cool

I really like Eng Dave Umahi

You want to toll a road with people paying tax yet still want money from FG, after constructing the road through state fund

You are misrepresenting what he said
There is no way a state government can toll a federal road without a formal written agreement
There is nowhere anyone is accused of seeking double payment
Re: Why FG Will Not Refund Ogun Govt For Rebuilding Abeokuta-Ota Expressway – Umahi by tundeport(m): 11:51am On Oct 17, 2023
Pls and pls,am from Ogun state,and I need all our road to be fix,kilode na,toll Lagos to sango at least 300,and and give me best solid road,then,papa to sagamu pls if you can do it and toll it,if possible,car 200, trailer 1500,jeep 500,just to use it to be maintenance of that road,then,sango to owode,toll it too,I have my reason, volume of car there weekly is much let them pay 200 for car,I believe on any way that much volume pass through daily should be maintain frequently and Government of Nigeria is not ready for that now,so, private company should take it and another job employment pls,I drop my pen jooo
Re: Why FG Will Not Refund Ogun Govt For Rebuilding Abeokuta-Ota Expressway – Umahi by dele1727: 11:59am On Oct 17, 2023
SoNature:

You didn't understand what Umahi said.

Let me explain to you before you argue.

I know some federal roads Ogun State is fixing and the state government always installs tollgates on those roads for getting their money back. For instance, the road that connects Ijebu-Ode to Epe. Ogun State has already mounted their tollgate there.

In Nigeria, federal roads are on the exclusive list, meaning that the federal government is supposed to repay Ogun State government the money used to fix federal roads in Ogun State.

However, Dave Umahi is now saying that the federal government won't pay Ogun State government back the money because Ogun State government has already installed tollgates on the federal road to recoup their money.

This ain't about wishing bad; this is a simple logic.

I understand what umahi said and what abiodun wants...

I have no issue with umahi or a road been tolled...all this country that we run to have citizens that pay more tax than we do. Yet they have tolled roads...

My issue are with the bunch of fools who will hail whatever umahi or their tribesmen does but will condemn others ...if it were done by them..

I know if umahi was yoruba and the state was the Eastern state....they will give the story another dimension...

Imagine one idiot say performing ministers are from the old Eastern region...oya point to what any minister has done ...the fool.cannot

The same set of idiots will say Isreal should block the Palestinians from getting food ...

But will cry to anybody that cares to listen that Awolowo killed 3million jews because of starvation.....

Double standard everywhere...yet they are quick to call other tribalistic
Re: Why FG Will Not Refund Ogun Govt For Rebuilding Abeokuta-Ota Expressway – Umahi by ufotunang: 12:34pm On Oct 17, 2023
So it's poor nigerians that will pay for the construction of the road through tax, tolling... nawaoooo...then what's the function of the government to nigerians
Re: Why FG Will Not Refund Ogun Govt For Rebuilding Abeokuta-Ota Expressway – Umahi by seunayantokun(m): 12:40pm On Oct 17, 2023
Good one from Umahi. Even that coastal road project requires PPP. All levels of government and private sector can be involved, and they will toll it. It will be faster than imagined.
Re: Why FG Will Not Refund Ogun Govt For Rebuilding Abeokuta-Ota Expressway – Umahi by Gajagojo: 1:20pm On Oct 17, 2023
seunlayi:
This one Na simple matter or Ogun want to use juju and get paid twice?
No simple matter but you cannot comprehend English

Where did anyone talk about getting paid twice
Re: Why FG Will Not Refund Ogun Govt For Rebuilding Abeokuta-Ota Expressway – Umahi by CJStarz: 1:23pm On Oct 17, 2023
Hehehehe.....e pain you? Fashola no fit do wetin Umahi dey do🤣🤣

stuffs2002:

Like:
Creating Fake news
Armed robbery
Baby factories
Drug pushing
Envy
Bitterness
ASHAWO
selling fake drugs
Hate
BIGOTRY
etc

They are very good in all of the above
Re: Why FG Will Not Refund Ogun Govt For Rebuilding Abeokuta-Ota Expressway – Umahi by Charly68: 1:28pm On Oct 17, 2023
I love intelligent and diligent people.. Indeed Umahi is a foremost Engineer who has come to change the game of construction in the public sector. We pray you deliver according to your utterances in.Jesus . Those planning to frustrate you shall not succeed in Jesus name
Re: Why FG Will Not Refund Ogun Govt For Rebuilding Abeokuta-Ota Expressway – Umahi by stuffs2002: 2:10pm On Oct 17, 2023
CJStarz:
Hehehehe.....e pain you? Fashola no fit do wetin Umahi dey do🤣🤣

Typical IPOB cannibal always praising only Igbos.
Umahi is not the only good minister but tribalism has eaten so much into your heart that you can never see the good in others if they are not Igbo

Wike, Umahi is good and so also is Fashola

You hate Wike and Fashola but praise Umahi

BTW: I am a Northerner with a superior brain than yours
Re: Why FG Will Not Refund Ogun Govt For Rebuilding Abeokuta-Ota Expressway – Umahi by stuffs2002: 2:16pm On Oct 17, 2023
DMerciful:
Wike and Umahi are from the old Eastern region

Una don start abi?

This is how you people will start praising only the Igbo ministers and putting others down until Nigerians start hating Umahi.

Umahi is good no doubt but there are other ministers who are also good and you don't have to put them down just to make only your own look good.
Re: Why FG Will Not Refund Ogun Govt For Rebuilding Abeokuta-Ota Expressway – Umahi by Blessedarethepe(m): 2:19pm On Oct 17, 2023
omolola15:

Sagamu papalanto is actually under construction.
Pls are you very sure of this?
How long has the construction started?
I wanted to use that route few days ago, I browsed online, but what I was seeing was it has been awarded to a contractor and that was like 2 to 3 years ago. But unfortunately I called someone who leaves at Odafa for confirmation but the report was heartbreaking.
So pls, if you are really sure of this update you have posted here then it's a good news for me, instead of going through Lagos, that route will reduce the hours by 2.
Re: Why FG Will Not Refund Ogun Govt For Rebuilding Abeokuta-Ota Expressway – Umahi by stuffs2002: 2:21pm On Oct 17, 2023
Georgejeez:
That was how Tinubu didn't refund Rivers state for rehabilitating Federal roads , now this one too.

Hope it wouldn't later discourage other State governments from spending money on repairing Fed Govt roads in the interim to make life easier for road users .

I know Kogi and Edo state gominas will use this as a valid excuse to continue abandoning Federal roads that pass their states

Ogun state can't get paid twice. They want to put a tole gate to collect money and still want to be paid by FG
Re: Why FG Will Not Refund Ogun Govt For Rebuilding Abeokuta-Ota Expressway – Umahi by APCNig: 2:24pm On Oct 17, 2023
moscobabs:

The one between Owerri and Onitsha
Re: Why FG Will Not Refund Ogun Govt For Rebuilding Abeokuta-Ota Expressway – Umahi by CJStarz: 2:52pm On Oct 17, 2023
You see say U be complete aboki? D topic at hand was on Umahi,right?
Now,if you're sure of having a superior brain,why bolden the sentence? It smacks of inferiority complex,y'know?
Take your hate-filled comment away from my mention.
I go nod you o😂😂

stuffs2002:

Typical IPOB cannibal always praising only Igbos.
Umahi is not the only good minister but tribalism has eaten so much into your heart that you can never see the good in others if they are not Igbo

Wike, Umahi is good and so also is Fashola

You hate Wike and Fashola but praise Umahi

BTW: I am a Northerner with a superior brain than yours
Re: Why FG Will Not Refund Ogun Govt For Rebuilding Abeokuta-Ota Expressway – Umahi by DMerciful(m): 3:03pm On Oct 17, 2023
I said Wike and Umahi but you saw only Umahi!
stuffs2002:

Una don start abi?

This is how you people will start praising only the Igbo ministers and putting others down until Nigerians start hating Umahi.

Umahi is good no doubt but there are other ministers who are also good and you don't have to put them down just to make only your own look good.

Re: Why FG Will Not Refund Ogun Govt For Rebuilding Abeokuta-Ota Expressway – Umahi by Raf4: 3:26pm On Oct 17, 2023
Childofaking:
But Ogun state have a lot of state roads they have not touched.
Sagamu-Papalanto road is a death trap.
Magboro -Makogi road is begging the governor for attention and the people are suffering.

That's a very wrong decision by Ogun state governor/govt. You want to use the state's scarce resources to build a fed road and then compel ur people to pay for using it?
Why can't you lobby the Fed govt to prioritise the road reconstruction, then use your money to construct a state-of-the-art road under your state that you can adorn with all sorts of facilities to be tolled.
Re: Why FG Will Not Refund Ogun Govt For Rebuilding Abeokuta-Ota Expressway – Umahi by stuffs2002: 4:41pm On Oct 17, 2023
DMerciful:
I said Wike and Umahi but you saw only Umahi!

So only from your "defined" region are good.. His does that bring you out of the despicable pit of tribalism ?
Re: Why FG Will Not Refund Ogun Govt For Rebuilding Abeokuta-Ota Expressway – Umahi by Ventura1: 4:55pm On Oct 17, 2023
What happened to the SUKUK fund spent on the project?
Re: Why FG Will Not Refund Ogun Govt For Rebuilding Abeokuta-Ota Expressway – Umahi by DMerciful(m): 5:27pm On Oct 17, 2023
It is what it is
stuffs2002:

So only from your "defined" region are good.. His does that bring you out of the despicable pit of tribalism ?
Re: Why FG Will Not Refund Ogun Govt For Rebuilding Abeokuta-Ota Expressway – Umahi by jersey4: 5:44pm On Oct 17, 2023
Abeokuta- ibadan road nko?
Re: Why FG Will Not Refund Ogun Govt For Rebuilding Abeokuta-Ota Expressway – Umahi by springer: 5:51pm On Oct 17, 2023
Dapo Abiodun cant handle the projects effectively and he wont deliver it in time. He knows nothing about governance. Oniranu.
Re: Why FG Will Not Refund Ogun Govt For Rebuilding Abeokuta-Ota Expressway – Umahi by okorogodwin4(m): 5:57pm On Oct 17, 2023
Show the south wastern people shege

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC Spokesman, Lai Threatens To Sue PDP Spokesman, Metuh Over Libel / El-Rufai And Buratai Pray With Injured Soldiers At Army Reference Hospital (Pics / FUTO: ASUU Rejects Own Committee Report Confirming Pantami's Professorship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.