Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,508 members, 7,812,566 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:30 PM

Would The University You Attend Determine Job Opportunities? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Would The University You Attend Determine Job Opportunities? (9586 Views)

Engineers: Improving Engineering (today's Government) with job opportunities / Fresh Job Opportunities in PORT HARCOURT / What Are The Job Opportunities For Microbiologist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would The University You Attend Determine Job Opportunities? by desertboom(m): 1:25pm On Oct 26, 2011
@chamber2. . . Please, lets leave this little kid alone. He doesn't understand much, he's too fragile for you. @IITA Ib. I like your story and I also share your idea.
Re: Would The University You Attend Determine Job Opportunities? by chamber2(m): 1:32pm On Oct 26, 2011
bravedude:

desertboom (m)

@bravedude. . . Hahaha. . . I laugh you because you didn't sound any different from a motor park-tout. You just tagged chamber and I arrogance, fool and all sort of names just to remain relevant in this thread. The character you've exhibited above is a classical case of the "pot calling the kettle black". Next time don't blow your trumpet of Uni-lag 2:1 being better than 1:1 or First class of ABSU when almost all Nigeria institutions suffer the same situation highlighted by chamber2 day-in-day-out.

You and i know everyone is entitled to his opinion.Why did you start by calling me names,talk to chamber2 (m) for trying to make a fool of him self.Do grammar give money?Nonsense!!

That wasn't an opinion, it was an insult. You don't make such denigrating comments in a public forum like this. Also, there is no evidence to support your claim that a 2.1 grad of Unilag is better than a first class grad of Absu.

desertboom:

@chamber2. . . Please, lets leave this little kid alone. He doesn't understand much, he's too fragile for you. @IITA Ib. I like your story and I also share your idea.

Exactly my bro.

How far na?
Re: Would The University You Attend Determine Job Opportunities? by desertboom(m): 1:55pm On Oct 26, 2011
Fine bro. . . I guess It's all good for you too.
Re: Would The University You Attend Determine Job Opportunities? by Dstar4u(m): 2:09pm On Oct 26, 2011
Thank you guyz, i understand all comments you guyz made. Thanks but you guyz should stop the insultive words u use to each other, such a statement should be prohibited. Thanks once again
Re: Would The University You Attend Determine Job Opportunities? by Gbenge77(m): 2:31pm On Oct 26, 2011
not necessarily.
Re: Would The University You Attend Determine Job Opportunities? by bravedude(m): 4:06pm On Oct 26, 2011
desertboom (m)

Please don't call me a kid because u don't know me.I wish NL gives the opportunity of conversing face 2 face,i doubt if you will call me a kid.Watch ur words please.

@chamber2

That wasn't an opinion, it was an insult. You don't make such denigrating comments in a public forum like this. Also, there is no evidence to support your claim that a 2.1 grad of Unilag is better than a first class grad of Absu.

Even Seun of NL knows everyone here is entitled to his opinion.You wouldn't know if my comment was from past experience.I didn't put that comment to you rather,was my point of view.If i was a product of a state university,it shouldn't be your business.Please learn to mind your business so it don't get you into trouble.I have done business with some people on NL and they can tell i'm a man of good characters despite they haven't met me in person.
Re: Would The University You Attend Determine Job Opportunities? by desertboom(m): 8:06pm On Oct 26, 2011
Nobody is talking about honesty here. We're talking about your wrong assumption and quick generalization of a Uni-lag 2:1 being much better than ABSU First class, chamber and I wants you and a good number of Nigerians with the same notion and wrong assumption or faulty generalization to see things the right way thus, be corrected. We don't want you to carry such primitive idea about here or liter this section with backward mentality comment/post with no prove to back-up your point of view. However, nobody is here to be-little or witch-hunt anybody but to learn and take correction when necessary.
Re: Would The University You Attend Determine Job Opportunities? by bravedude(m): 1:35am On Oct 27, 2011
@chamber2 and desertboom (m),sorry for the insult oh,i no b rude boy. desertboom (m),you sound quite and polite,love that.I wish say i fit meet yo for PH if i visit 9ja dis christmas.All d best man.
Re: Would The University You Attend Determine Job Opportunities? by chamber2(m): 2:01am On Oct 27, 2011
bravedude:

@chamber2 and desertboom (m),sorry for the insult oh,i no b rude boy. desertboom (m),you sound quite and polite,love that.I wish say i fit meet yo for PH if i visit 9ja dis christmas.All d best man.

That's very nice of you. I didn't mean to insult you either. I was only infuriated by your hasty generalisation. There are many intelligent people on earth, both in Absu and Unilag. So, saying that the 2nd class upper grad of unilag is better than a 1st class grad of Absu is not ideal.

But, if you say that a 3rd class grad of Harvard is better than a first class grad of Absu, then that may be acceptable because over the years graduates of Harvard have shown and demonstrated that they are highly knowledgeable and well trained. This is evident in the quantum of research, innovations and inventions from this institution alone. Also, the amount of research materials found in Harvard or an average university in the west cannot be found in all Nigerian universities put together.

This cannot be said of Unilag, OAU, UI etc where an average graduate still struggles to pass job aptitude tests and interviews and many of their graduates end up as bank tellers and call centre representatives. Absu graduates also compete favourably with their Unilag counterparts in the job market. I graduated from a state university, but i can tell you that majority of my classmates are in top multinationals, leading banks and accounting firms, and others are studying in top universities in the west for their postgrad. This doesn't mean, however, that they are better than Unilag grads. There are also many Unilag grads who are doing similar things or even better. It, in most cases, depends on individual motivations, finance,connection and maybe luck.

So many factors influence people's choice of institution other than passing jamb and aptitude test. Finance, proximity to home, peer and parental influence, ethnicity, connection, program of study, and so many other factors tend to determine where one studies. In my case it was both proximity to home and parental influence, not jamb or waec.

I must add that we are on NL to share information and views on issues and NOT to demonstrate how intelligent we are or insult others. Nairaland is a platform for most Nigerian youth, mainly in their 20s and 30s. So, don't feel offended by the responses you got from your supposed opinion.

Peace
Re: Would The University You Attend Determine Job Opportunities? by bravedude(m): 2:23am On Oct 27, 2011
Hahaha @chamber2 make i correct my spelling b4 u go say i no go school again,na quiet no be quite oh.I just see am now.All the same you are good with your writing,u be product of Harvard university?
Re: Would The University You Attend Determine Job Opportunities? by chamber2(m): 2:35am On Oct 27, 2011
bravedude:

Hahaha @chamber2 make i correct my spelling b4 u go say i no go school again,na quiet no be quite oh.I just see am now.All the same you are good with your writing,u be product of Harvard university?

My bro, i am not here to assess your writing skills. I only did that to prove to you that no one is perfect or at best without shortcomings. All of us have our own limitations. My apologies for that.

My papa no get money to send me to Harvard o! Na state university in 9ja me go. Hahaha
Re: Would The University You Attend Determine Job Opportunities? by desertboom(m): 11:44am On Oct 27, 2011
@bravedude. . . Thanks for the complement. It will be nice and also a privillege to show you around the city of Port-Harcourt upon your arrival. You're welcome bro. @chamber. I really do like your latest rejoinder, it connotes intelligence, and very insightful. I am exceedingly glad to see my fellow Imo star (Aluta Continua) doing very greatly and representing in a good lamp-light despite all odds. Before I end. Please, permit me to acknowledge and commend your writting prowess. Peace
Re: Would The University You Attend Determine Job Opportunities? by bravedude(m): 12:57pm On Oct 27, 2011
@chamber2 and desertboom (m)

Are you both IMO stars?IMSU or FUTO?
Peace.
Re: Would The University You Attend Determine Job Opportunities? by desertboom(m): 1:25pm On Oct 27, 2011
Yes. . . The former, is the answer
Re: Would The University You Attend Determine Job Opportunities? by bravedude(m): 1:34pm On Oct 27, 2011
Cool,i'm in my finals there.Anyway,Best of luck.
Re: Would The University You Attend Determine Job Opportunities? by desertboom(m): 2:12pm On Oct 27, 2011
Oh. . . Good to know. Same here too
Re: Would The University You Attend Determine Job Opportunities? by Nadoson: 1:12pm On Jun 29, 2012
2 my own view, i wud grade it dis way.
*BABCOCK & Convenant graduats =8% sum firm r afred of dem cos of hi pay. Bt i wunt blem dem, dia skul fees is hi
*Oda skuls =2%
*Ur course of stdy =2%
*Ur skills or job experience =14% &
*(WUK) who u know= 74%.
So my felow naijas, mek we pray 4 nigerians cos dia is problm hia, upon dat thousands of us r graduatin evry year 4rm diffnt skuls n diffrt couses bt no job in dis big country naija.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sacked Oil Workers Protest Unpaid Severance Packages In Rivers / Poll: Should You Tell Your Boss That You Are Looking For A New Job? / How To Make Money Through Information Marketing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.