Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,878 members, 7,813,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:40 PM

IREV Is Not An Election Results “Collation System” - INEC Clarifies - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IREV Is Not An Election Results “Collation System” - INEC Clarifies (12371 Views)

Tinubu Files Suit To Stop LP, PDP From Halting Results’ Collation / 2022 Osun Governorship Election: INEC Official Results, Collation & Announcement / Results Collation Begins In Rivers State (Live Updates) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

IREV Is Not An Election Results “Collation System” - INEC Clarifies by BluntCrazeMan: 3:38pm On Oct 17, 2023
IREV IS NOT AN ELECTION RESULTS “COLLATION SYSTEM” -- INEC CLARIFIES

The Independent National Electoral Commission says its results viewing portal is to enhance election transparency, and not a result collation or transmission system.

The INEC Director of ICT, Paul Omokore, gave the clarification in his presentation titled, ‘The role of BVAS, IReV for Bayelsa, Kogi and Imo Governorship elections’ at a two-day capacity workshop for journalists on Monday in Akwanga, Nasarawa State.

Omokore advised journalists and members of the public not to confuse uploading polling units’ results to the INEC Result Viewing Portal with the electronic transmission of results.

He said that the INEC Bimodal Voter Accreditation System is only used to upload pictures of PUs’ results on form EC8A to IReV, which does not translate to electronic transmission of results.

“Form EC8A is the result that we collated at the PUs. We use BVAS to snap this form and upload the same thing to the IReV portal for public viewing.

“This is not a collecting system. It does not tally a system. What it does is to snap the EC8A which is the result at the polling unit and upload the same to the public view. That is all.

“I know that 70 per cent of the populace think that the others have collected the figures. No.

“All what it does is snap the EC8A that the presiding officers have collected all the scores of the parties, signed and stamped, and then send this same picture to the IReV for public viewing. That is all. So it is not a collating system,” he said.

Omokore said that from the inception of elections in Nigeria, results were transmitted manually, from the PUs to the collation centres.

He said that technology deployment had proven to be an effective tool in achieving free, fair and credible elections.

He said that while challenges were eminent, INEC had put in extra efforts to ensure that they were mitigated.

“The role of BVAS is to ensure ‘one person, one vote’.

“The role of the IReV Portal is to improve the openness and credibility of our elections,” he said.

The chairman, Partners for Electoral Reform, Ezenwa Nwagwu, in his lecture titled, ‘Ethical Dilemma in Election Reporting: Navigating Bias, Balance and Promoting Transparency,’ urged journalists to uphold accurate reporting.

He said that the core issues in election reporting are independence, unbiased and accuracy reports by the media.

“Accurate and transparent report is the only cure for fake news, which is the responsibility of the media,” Nwagu said.

He advised the media to always investigate the reasons behind some news being presented to the media by people with biased minds on the electoral process and balance it with the provision of the laws.

Source:
https://punchng.com/irev-not-election-results-collation-system-inec-clarifies/

To be very frank,, INEC is not educating the populace enough with regards to how the election technologies work..
INEC really need to loud all these things very very well.
And they should let Nigerians to understand that the IREV is just for Verification Purposes.
And not for Collation Purposes..

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IREV Is Not An Election Results “Collation System” - INEC Clarifies by BluntCrazeMan: 3:38pm On Oct 17, 2023
*** MEANWHILE..

It is very necessary for the Nigerian Courts (up to the Supreme Court if necessary) to interpret the exact provisions of the Nigerian Electoral-Act-2022 -- Section:64; Subsections:4,5,6,7,8,-&-9.

That SECTION:64 is very necessary and very important in the newly amended electoral process in Nigeria,, but it was so much neglected and abandoned..

We cannot be heading towards elections, and yet some parts of Our Electoral Laws are VERY CLOUDY, and still very confusing.

Secondly; for the sake of transparency which the Mr. Omokore mentioned in his speech, the INEC should also create space on the IREV for the uploading of the photos of all the collated results at all the Collation Centers to the IREV TOO (that is: Wards, LGAs, States, Final Collated Results, etc), so that the INEC’s IREV would become the one-and-only true repository for ALL forms of Election Results, as they had rightly accepted at the Tribunal, -- (that the IREV is supposed to be a repository of ALL the election results as outlined in Section-62(2) of the Electoral-Act-2022 -- then, it only means that they have to fully comply with the provisions of that particular section of the Electoral-Act by uploading all the collated results to the repository -- since the Electoral-Act clearly stipulated such.)

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IREV Is Not An Election Results “Collation System” - INEC Clarifies by misreal(m): 3:38pm On Oct 17, 2023
Oleburuku.After dashing our high hopes,you now come here to tell us nonsense.You are lucky Nigerians are nothing compared to Israeli’s,Else na bomb for visit all INEC officials.. grin grin …….

85 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IREV Is Not An Election Results “Collation System” - INEC Clarifies by BafanaBafana: 3:46pm On Oct 17, 2023
We know. It is only meant to ensure transparency.
We know why it didn't work for presidential election.

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IREV Is Not An Election Results “Collation System” - INEC Clarifies by Phantom233: 3:55pm On Oct 17, 2023
Thunder pls where are you...this evil agents that should be in hell have started coming out to ridicule the sensitivity of sane Nigerians.

69 Likes 5 Shares

Re: IREV Is Not An Election Results “Collation System” - INEC Clarifies by slivertongue: 3:58pm On Oct 17, 2023
too much talk by INEC which may end up on a bungled election.

16 Likes

Re: IREV Is Not An Election Results “Collation System” - INEC Clarifies by BluntCrazeMan: 4:29pm On Oct 17, 2023
misreal:
Oleburuku.After dashing our high hopes,you now come here to tell us nonsense.You are lucky Nigerians are nothing compared to Israeli’s,Else na bomb for visit all INEC officials.. grin grin …….
-
BafanaBafana:
We know. It is only meant to ensure transparency. We know why it didn't work for presidential election.
-
Phantom233:
Thunder pls where are you...this evil agents that should be in hell have started coming out to ridicule the sensitivity of sane Nigerians.
-
slivertongue:
too much talk by INEC which may end up on a bungled election.

One thing you guys need to know is this...
INEC is seriously trying to give excuses for their failure to properly use the IREV in the general elections..,, and also BLAMING THE POPULACE for believing that the IREV is the same as Electronic Transmission And Collation..

But they quickly forgot that they promised to do “instant realtime upload to the IREV” before the elections.. Only for them to go to the courts and start saying another thing altogether..

NOW THEY ARE PROMISING US AN INSTANT UPLOAD TO THE IREV AGAIN..

LATER,, THEY WILL GO TO THE COURT AND START QUOTING THE ELECTORAL ACT AND THE CONSTITUTION UP-AND-DOWN,, AND BE SAYING ANOTHER THING ALL TOGETHER..

47 Likes 6 Shares

Re: IREV Is Not An Election Results “Collation System” - INEC Clarifies by SoNature(m): 4:30pm On Oct 17, 2023
Paul Omokore, post the results on the iRev in real time.

Forget about what people do with the information.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IREV Is Not An Election Results “Collation System” - INEC Clarifies by garriAndsugar: 4:33pm On Oct 17, 2023
Sometimes I wonder if this people are normal at all or just dumb.

If after writing exams, I see my scripts and CA what's stopping me from calculating my results?
IREV will not add all scores together but it Uploads collated polling unit result

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: IREV Is Not An Election Results “Collation System” - INEC Clarifies by BluntCrazeMan: 4:33pm On Oct 17, 2023
SoNature:
Paul Omokore, post the results on the iRev in real time.

Forget about what people do with the information.

THAT'S ALL WE NEED FROM THEM...

LET THEM POST ALL THE RESULTS “INSTANTLY” FROM THE POLLING-UNITS,, EVEN BEFORE THE START OF THE COLLATION PROCESS..

IN-FACT, LET THE RESULTS BE CLEARLY VISIBLE AND READABLE ON THE IREV,, EVEN BEFORE THE OFFICERS LEAVE THE POLLING-UNITS..

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IREV Is Not An Election Results “Collation System” - INEC Clarifies by EscalateTech: 4:39pm On Oct 17, 2023
Is it not a better collating system than the manual...

How do you see a tech driven collation and pick manual over it of you are not shady?.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: IREV Is Not An Election Results “Collation System” - INEC Clarifies by Miracle2020: 4:39pm On Oct 17, 2023
Then why using it

82 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IREV Is Not An Election Results “Collation System” - INEC Clarifies by SoNature(m): 4:40pm On Oct 17, 2023
garriAndsugar:

If after writing exams, I see my scripts and CA what's stopping me from calculating my results?
IREV will not add all scores together but it collates result

If you must insult and attack, understand the process first so you don't appear stupid.

Please iRev doesn't collate results. That site is only for people to view the actual results of elections in real time. Finish at your pooling unit and upload the results immediately.

Afterwards, you can independently run the calculations yourself to determine the winner. That way, you know the winner before INEC declares it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: IREV Is Not An Election Results “Collation System” - INEC Clarifies by Ofunaofu: 4:41pm On Oct 17, 2023
INEC is just causing confusion amongst themselves not on Nigerians because Nigerians are now better informed that INEC is not independent after all. INEC have been criminally captured

24 Likes

Re: IREV Is Not An Election Results “Collation System” - INEC Clarifies by BluntCrazeMan: 4:42pm On Oct 17, 2023
garriAndsugar:

IREV will not add all scores together but it collates result

Let us take them the way they are coming..
IREV will only display the results.
It will not sum the results..

WE AGREE..
We will download all those results, and sum them up by ourselves..
NO WAHALLA..!!

But then,, we are telling them not to be waiting until AFTER TWO WEEKS (OR EVEN THREE WEEKS) before they start doing the uploading of results (or even uploading of some already mutilated results) to the IREV..

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IREV Is Not An Election Results “Collation System” - INEC Clarifies by garriAndsugar: 4:45pm On Oct 17, 2023
SoNature:

If you must insult and attack, understand the process first so you don't appear stupid.

Please iRev doesn't collate results. That site is only for people to view the actual results of elections in real time. Finish at your pooling unit and upload the results immediately.

Afterwards, you can independently run the calculations yourself to determine the winner. That way, you know the winner before INEC declares it.
They are saying it because they won't upload it in real time.
IREV collates result whether it is by polling it

3 Likes

Re: IREV Is Not An Election Results “Collation System” - INEC Clarifies by BluntCrazeMan: 4:45pm On Oct 17, 2023
Miracle2020:
Then why using it

IREV IS MAINLY FOR PUBLIC DISPLAY PURPOSES,, AND THEN ALSO, FOR VERIFICATION PURPOSES..
Re: IREV Is Not An Election Results “Collation System” - INEC Clarifies by Varunpulyani: 4:46pm On Oct 17, 2023
What else do you want in a country where

Allahkubomb technical staffs are currently killing people in the name of blasphemy.

2 Likes

Re: IREV Is Not An Election Results “Collation System” - INEC Clarifies by BluntCrazeMan: 4:47pm On Oct 17, 2023
garriAndsugar:

They are saying it because they won't upload it in real time.
IREV collates result whether it is by polling it

BRO...
PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT YOU UNDERSTAND BY THE WORD “COLLATE”..

I need to read your definition of the word “COLLATION” first, before I can respond you any further..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IREV Is Not An Election Results “Collation System” - INEC Clarifies by garriAndsugar: 4:51pm On Oct 17, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:

BRO...
Sorry, Uploads collated results by polling unit.

Why they are saying IREV does not collate results is so that they won't upload all results in real time until after manipulating and announcing the winner. That time nobody will want to sum up figures from IREV

4 Likes

Re: IREV Is Not An Election Results “Collation System” - INEC Clarifies by garriAndsugar: 4:53pm On Oct 17, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:

BRO...

I need to read your definition of the word “COLLATION” first, before I can respond you any further..
was supposed to rewrite that, hope you get what I meant

1 Like

Re: IREV Is Not An Election Results “Collation System” - INEC Clarifies by DatNiggaDaz: 4:53pm On Oct 17, 2023
BafanaBafana:
We know. It is only meant to ensure transparency. We know why it didn't work for presidential election.
You are wise not like the born fool/fools below cheesy

3 Likes

Re: IREV Is Not An Election Results “Collation System” - INEC Clarifies by BluntCrazeMan: 5:00pm On Oct 17, 2023
garriAndsugar:

Sorry, Uploads collated results by polling unit.

Why they are saying IREV does not collate results is so that they won't upload all results in real time until after manipulating and announcing the winner. That time nobody will want to sum up figures from IREV

BRO...
PLEASE,, I STILL NEED YOU TO EXPLAIN WHAT YOU UNDERSTAND BY THE WORD “COLLATE”..

I need to understand your own definition of the word “COLLATION” first, before I can respond to you further..

INEC made it very clear that they are only uploading the Polling-units results.
We begged them seriously to also upload the COLLATED RESULTS at the Collation Centers too,, but they said that the Electoral-Act-2022 didn't allow for that. That it was only the results transmitted “direct from the polling-units” that the Electoral-Act allowed..

After the elections, they went to the tribunal and started saying that the Electoral-Act didn't even mention IREV in the first place, neither did it mention Electronic Transmission..

3 Likes

Re: IREV Is Not An Election Results “Collation System” - INEC Clarifies by garriAndsugar: 5:03pm On Oct 17, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:

BRO...
PLEASE,, I STILL NEED YOU TO EXPLAIN WHAT YOU UNDERSTAND BY THE WORD “COLLATE”..

I need to understand your own definition of the word “COLLATION” first, before I can respond to you further..
Collate is to gather/ arrange abi is there another meaning?

1 Like

Re: IREV Is Not An Election Results “Collation System” - INEC Clarifies by valentineuwakwe(m): 5:07pm On Oct 17, 2023
Another promise to be misused!

3 Likes

Re: IREV Is Not An Election Results “Collation System” - INEC Clarifies by BluntCrazeMan: 5:07pm On Oct 17, 2023
garriAndsugar:

Collate is to gather/ arrange abi is there another meaning?

That's CORRECT..

Now,, let me tell you the experience me and my team had with these INEC people around December-2022..

INEC made it very clear that they are only uploading the Polling-units results.
So, we begged them seriously to also upload the COLLATED RESULTS at the Collation Centers too (even if they only stop at those results collated at the WARD COLLATION CENTERS ONLY, even without going further to upload the LGAs and States),, but they said that the Electoral-Act-2022 didn't allow for that. That it was only the results transmitted “direct from the polling-units” that the Electoral-Act allowed..

After the elections, they went to the tribunal and started saying that the Electoral-Act didn't even mention IREV in the first place, neither did it mention Electronic Transmission..

So you can see..
The IREV doesn't collate results..
And it also do not have collated results uploaded on it.

IT ONLY UPLOADS THE RAW UNCOLLATED POLLING UNITS RESULTS..

2 Likes

Re: IREV Is Not An Election Results “Collation System” - INEC Clarifies by BluntCrazeMan: 5:10pm On Oct 17, 2023
valentineuwakwe:
Another promise to be misused!

Na so.

Let's just be watching them again.

People might not come out too much this time around to vote.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IREV Is Not An Election Results “Collation System” - INEC Clarifies by BluntCrazeMan: 5:11pm On Oct 17, 2023
garriAndsugar:

was supposed to rewrite that, hope you get what I meant

No Wahalla Bro.
Re: IREV Is Not An Election Results “Collation System” - INEC Clarifies by BluntCrazeMan: 5:13pm On Oct 17, 2023
Re: IREV Is Not An Election Results “Collation System” - INEC Clarifies by BluntCrazeMan: 5:14pm On Oct 17, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:
Mynd44..

Well.
You might want to have Nairalanders educated more on the most important differences between “IREV” and “Electronic Transmission and Collation”..
Re: IREV Is Not An Election Results “Collation System” - INEC Clarifies by emmamajesty: 5:15pm On Oct 17, 2023
It enhance transparency meaning 2023 presidential election wasn't transparent at all.
They said is not for collection of results meaning that all the election materials results collected cannot be manipulated they why the glishes during 2023 election

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ifeanyi Ubah’s Campaign Posters Flood Anambra Streets / Polls: Only Dishonest Politicians Need Fear Card Readers- The Sun Newspapers / Deji Adeyanju Accuses Buhari Of Encouraging Terrorism, Kidnapping In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.