Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,932 members, 7,814,164 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

IREV Is Not An Election Results “Collation System” - INEC Clarifies - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IREV Is Not An Election Results “Collation System” - INEC Clarifies (12375 Views)

Tinubu Files Suit To Stop LP, PDP From Halting Results’ Collation / 2022 Osun Governorship Election: INEC Official Results, Collation & Announcement / Results Collation Begins In Rivers State (Live Updates) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IREV Is Not An Election Results “Collation System” - INEC Clarifies by garriAndsugar: 5:17pm On Oct 17, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:

That's CORRECT..

Now,, let me tell you the experience me and my team had with these INEC people around December-2022..

INEC made it very clear that they are only uploading the Polling-units results.
So, we begged them seriously to also upload the COLLATED RESULTS at the Collation Centers too (even if they only stop at those results collated at the WARD COLLATION CENTERS ONLY, even without going further to upload the LGAs and States),, but they said that the Electoral-Act-2022 didn't allow for that. That it was only the results transmitted “direct from the polling-units” that the Electoral-Act allowed..

After the elections, they went to the tribunal and started saying that the Electoral-Act didn't even mention IREV in the first place, neither did it mention Electronic Transmission..

So you can see..
The IREV doesn't collate results..
And it also do not have collated results uploaded on it.

IT ONLY UPLOADS THE RAW UNCOLLATED POLLING UNITS RESULTS..
Raw uncollated polling unit results?

What do we call the process of counting the ballot papers and recording each score in the forms at polling unit, can't it be called collating?

1 Like

Re: IREV Is Not An Election Results “Collation System” - INEC Clarifies by Isobug: 5:18pm On Oct 17, 2023
But what? Election fancy system for fantasy viewing
Re: IREV Is Not An Election Results “Collation System” - INEC Clarifies by BluntCrazeMan: 5:19pm On Oct 17, 2023
garriAndsugar:

Raw uncollated polling unit results?

What do we call the process of counting the ballot papers and recording each score in the forms at polling unit, can't it be called collating?

In this thread,, we are discussing about what the IREV does..

The IREV has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with Collation.

***(I really want to know at what point exactly where you started missing the main point which we are discussing in this thread)
Re: IREV Is Not An Election Results “Collation System” - INEC Clarifies by garriAndsugar: 5:24pm On Oct 17, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:

In this thread,, we are discussing about what the IREV does..

The IREV has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with Collation.

***(I really want to know at what point exactly where you started missing the main point which we are discussing in this thread)
Ok no wahala. I'm coming from another point of view
Re: IREV Is Not An Election Results “Collation System” - INEC Clarifies by BluntCrazeMan: 5:39pm On Oct 17, 2023
Isobug:
But what? Election fancy system for fantasy viewing
Of course naa.
That's what they want us to believe..

So that they can be uploading the results any time they like,, even after 7-months of conducting the elections.
Re: IREV Is Not An Election Results “Collation System” - INEC Clarifies by BluntCrazeMan: 5:40pm On Oct 17, 2023
garriAndsugar:

Ok no wahala. I'm coming from another point of view

Ok..
I see..
No Wahalla..
Re: IREV Is Not An Election Results “Collation System” - INEC Clarifies by garfield1: 6:49pm On Oct 17, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:
Of course naa.
That's what they want us to believe..

So that they can br uploading the results any time they like,, even after 7-months of conducting the elections.

I need you to understand something.irev was introduced during the staggered,off season elections to transmit results real time or almost real time to irev or inec server.it worked perfectly well during isolated elections in Edo,osun,ondo,ekiti.but inec overestimated the system or neglected to configure the presidential system and it couldn't handle the load or traffic hence the glitch or network error.
Take note that whenever any agency or organisation opens it's server for registration or application on a national scale,the server usually misbehaves on the first day.this is general.how much more inec?

3 Likes

Re: IREV Is Not An Election Results “Collation System” - INEC Clarifies by BluntCrazeMan: 6:58pm On Oct 17, 2023
garfield1:

I need you to understand something.irev was introduced during the staggered,off season elections to transmit results real time or almost real time to irev or inec server.it worked perfectly well during isolated elections in Edo,osun,ondo,ekiti. But inec overestimated the system or neglected to configure the presidential system and it couldn't handle the load or traffic hence the glitch or network error.
Take note that whenever any agency or organisation opens it's server for registration or application on a national scale, the server usually misbehaves on the first day. this is general. how much more inec?

I am not doubting the glitch again.
Overestimation and underestimation can always happen.
Over-crowding can always happen.
System failure can always happen..

But the upcoming 11th-November election will test this theory of glitches.

The three elections are not massive enough to cause any glitch..
So, our attention is on them too..

As we continue to fix anything and everything fixable.
WE NEED THE INEC TO REALLY PERFECT THE
ART AND SCIENCE OF INSTANTLY UPLOADING THE RESULTS TO THE IREV RIGHT FROM THE POLLING-UNITS,, EVEN BEFORE THE OFFICERS START TO LEAVE THE POLLING UNITS.. --- THAT WAS WHAT THEY PROMISED..

AND THAT IS WHAT THEY ARE PROMISING AGAIN..

BUT WE HAVE ALREADY LEARNT NOT TO TRUST THEM ANY LONGER..

EVEN IF THEY CANNOT EXTENDED THE UPLOADING OF RESULTS TO THE COLLATED RESULTS FROM THE VARIOUS COLLATION-CENTERS,, WE CAN CONTINUE TO BEAR WITH THEM,, EVEN THOUGH THAT WOULD BE THE BEST THING TO DO FOR THE SAKE OF TRANSPARENCY OF THE COLLATED RESULTS.
Re: IREV Is Not An Election Results “Collation System” - INEC Clarifies by Miracle2020: 7:08pm On Oct 17, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:

IREV IS MAINLY FOR PUBLIC DISPLAY PURPOSES,, AND THEN ALSO, FOR VERIFICATION PURPOSES..
the same irev that judges says is not covered by law?
Since we cannot use electronic to vote why do we IREV. The Tinubu judges said electronic transmission is not compulsory and is not covered by law, then why do we need public display on IREV that the law did not recognize.
Mr man, APC can cook anything and force it on us .we can present the results on the IREV because it is not covered by the law "according to tinubu corrupt judges"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IREV Is Not An Election Results “Collation System” - INEC Clarifies by Miracle2020: 7:11pm On Oct 17, 2023
Only fools will go out to vote. The election in Nigeria has no law, INEC can change the voting pattern at anytime, even when voting started.

2 Likes

Re: IREV Is Not An Election Results “Collation System” - INEC Clarifies by Miracle2020: 7:12pm On Oct 17, 2023
I had never seen a corrupt electoral system like that of Nigeria. I swear.

3 Likes

Re: IREV Is Not An Election Results “Collation System” - INEC Clarifies by Miracle2020: 7:15pm On Oct 17, 2023
You people may chose to go and surfer under the sun in the name of voting, but as for me God forbid. After all anybody that INEC chose is automatically the winner.

2 Likes

Re: IREV Is Not An Election Results “Collation System” - INEC Clarifies by Miracle2020: 7:21pm On Oct 17, 2023
I have promise with my life that no member of my family will vote in this country until we start electronic voting, electronic transmission of results and electronic collation of results.
Without those three conditions only fools will come out to vote.

2 Likes

Re: IREV Is Not An Election Results “Collation System” - INEC Clarifies by Jlow2: 7:23pm On Oct 17, 2023
What inec is trying to say is , what is posted on irev can differ from what is collated and announced, it has created office for the highest bidder, for those of you that dnt understand , you can win on irev , but the person that oil their hands wil bel announced through manual collation

3 Likes

Re: IREV Is Not An Election Results “Collation System” - INEC Clarifies by Miracle2020: 7:34pm On Oct 17, 2023
garriAndsugar:
Sometimes I wonder if this people are normal at all or just dumb.

If after writing exams, I see my scripts and CA what's stopping me from calculating my results?
IREV will not add all scores together but it Uploads collated polling unit result
collation is done manual but you want to display rubbish on IREV.

1 Like

Re: IREV Is Not An Election Results “Collation System” - INEC Clarifies by Miracle2020: 7:40pm On Oct 17, 2023
SoNature:

If you must insult and attack, understand the process first so you don't appear stupid.

Please iRev doesn't collate results. That site is only for people to view the actual results of elections in real time. Finish at your pooling unit and upload the results immediately.

Afterwards, you can independently run the calculations yourself to determine the winner. That way, you know the winner before INEC declares it.
you sound so foolish, go and check if there results of last election was sent to IREV at real time. Tinubu was declared winner when more than 50% of results were not updated in the IREV, infact up to now I don't think if all the results of last election has been updated in to the IREV.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IREV Is Not An Election Results “Collation System” - INEC Clarifies by SoNature(m): 7:41pm On Oct 17, 2023
Miracle2020:
you sound so foolish, go and check if there results of last election was sent to IREV at real time. Tinubu was declared winner when more than 50% of results were not updated in the IREV, infact up to now I don't think if all the results of last election has been updated in to the IREV.

I hate to see people like you reply my comments. Return to my previous comments, you, emotional wreck!

1 Like

Re: IREV Is Not An Election Results “Collation System” - INEC Clarifies by Miracle2020: 7:48pm On Oct 17, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:

That's CORRECT..

Now,, let me tell you the experience me and my team had with these INEC people around December-2022..

INEC made it very clear that they are only uploading the Polling-units results.
So, we begged them seriously to also upload the COLLATED RESULTS at the Collation Centers too (even if they only stop at those results collated at the WARD COLLATION CENTERS ONLY, even without going further to upload the LGAs and States),, but they said that the Electoral-Act-2022 didn't allow for that. That it was only the results transmitted “direct from the polling-units” that the Electoral-Act allowed..

After the elections, they went to the tribunal and started saying that the Electoral-Act didn't even mention IREV in the first place, neither did it mention Electronic Transmission..

So you can see..
The IREV doesn't collate results..
And it also do not have collated results uploaded on it.

IT ONLY UPLOADS THE RAW UNCOLLATED POLLING UNITS RESULTS..
I only pity those that still want to vote in this country

2 Likes

Re: IREV Is Not An Election Results “Collation System” - INEC Clarifies by garfield1: 8:14pm On Oct 17, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:

I am not doubting the glitch again.
Overestimation and underestimation can always happen.
Over-crowding can always happen.
System failure can always happen..

But the upcoming 11th-November election will test this theory of glitches.

The three elections are not massive enough to cause any glitch..
So, our attention is on them too..

As we continue to fix anything and everything fixable.
WE NEED THE INEC TO REALLY PERFECT THE
ART AND SCIENCE OF INSTANTLY UPLOADING THE RESULTS TO THE IREV RIGHT FROM THE POLLING-UNITS,, EVEN BEFORE THE OFFICERS START TO LEAVE THE POLLING UNITS.. --- THAT WAS WHAT THEY PROMISED..

AND THAT IS WHAT THEY ARE PROMISING AGAIN..

BUT WE HAVE ALREADY LEARNT NOT TO TRUST THEM ANY LONGER..

EVEN IF THEY CANNOT EXTENDED THE UPLOADING OF RESULTS TO THE COLLATED RESULTS FROM THE VARIOUS COLLATION-CENTERS,, WE CAN CONTINUE TO BEAR WITH THEM,, EVEN THOUGH THAT WOULD BE THE BEST THING TO DO FOR THE SAKE OF TRANSPARENCY OF THE COLLATED RESULTS.

I agree

1 Like

Re: IREV Is Not An Election Results “Collation System” - INEC Clarifies by simfrost90210: 8:22pm On Oct 17, 2023
These People Are Cursed Without Hearts

1 Like

Re: IREV Is Not An Election Results “Collation System” - INEC Clarifies by LegallyBlunt: 8:23pm On Oct 17, 2023
Lol.

All these answers to justify a wicked thief.

1 Like

Re: IREV Is Not An Election Results “Collation System” - INEC Clarifies by userplainly(m): 8:23pm On Oct 17, 2023
They’ve destroyed the constitution.. what else do we the citizens now abide to?

1 Like

Re: IREV Is Not An Election Results “Collation System” - INEC Clarifies by Chetas81(m): 8:24pm On Oct 17, 2023
FRAUDULENT WON'T LEAVE NIGERIA,NO MATTER THE STRUGGLE , WE'RE NOT ANGEL'S ☝️

1 Like

Re: IREV Is Not An Election Results “Collation System” - INEC Clarifies by nairalanda1(m): 8:24pm On Oct 17, 2023
Hookay, noted.

(Nigeria, my beloved country, lalalalalalala...Nigeria, my beloved country, the future is you and me...)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IREV Is Not An Election Results “Collation System” - INEC Clarifies by ruffDiamond: 8:24pm On Oct 17, 2023
Thiefnu-ibu is an INEC president select undecided

1 Like

Re: IREV Is Not An Election Results “Collation System” - INEC Clarifies by CaptainFM1: 8:25pm On Oct 17, 2023
Are people still planning to vote ever again in this country? Banana nation!

1 Like

Re: IREV Is Not An Election Results “Collation System” - INEC Clarifies by Ttipsy(f): 8:25pm On Oct 17, 2023
Nonsense

1 Like

Re: IREV Is Not An Election Results “Collation System” - INEC Clarifies by Daystar7: 8:26pm On Oct 17, 2023
I'm tired of hearing or seeing anything Inec. We are not interested in ur sham elections where our safety isn't even guaranteed. The only election that I'll consider voting is that of my state Governorship cos APC evil must never be allowed in my state. APC can have the rest of the country if they desire

2 Likes

Re: IREV Is Not An Election Results “Collation System” - INEC Clarifies by Sizwezi: 8:28pm On Oct 17, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:

Source:
https://punchng.com/irev-not-election-results-collation-system-inec-clarifies/

To be very frank,, INEC is not educating the populace enough with regards to how the election technologies work..
INEC really need to loud all these things very very well.
And they should let Nigerians to understand that the IREV is just for Verification Purposes.
And not for Collation Purposes..

😂🤣. You can’t fool us twice. Bleep you INEC !!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IREV Is Not An Election Results “Collation System” - INEC Clarifies by BreconHills(m): 8:30pm On Oct 17, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:

-
-
-

One thing you guys need to know is this...
INEC is seriously trying to give excuses for their failure to properly use the IREV in the general elections..,, and also BLAMING THE POPULACE for believing that the IREV is the same as Electronic Transmission And Collation..

But they quickly forgot that they promised to do “instant realtime upload to the IREV” before the elections.. Only for them to go to the courts and start saying another thing altogether..

NOW THEY ARE PROMISING US AN INSTANT UPLOAD TO THE IREV AGAIN..

LATER,, THEY WILL GO TO THE COURT AND START QUOTING THE ELECTORAL ACT AND THE CONSTITUTION UP-AND-DOWN,, AND BE SAYING ANOTHER THING ALL TOGETHER..

INEC has just told you that irev is an add on for confidence and clarity among the voting public. It is not part of the flow chart of a successful election. The flow from voting to counting to collation to announcement is manual.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IREV Is Not An Election Results “Collation System” - INEC Clarifies by OBIDIENTNAIJA: 8:31pm On Oct 17, 2023
Always finding an excuses to rig out a legitimate winner and foist a thief. Just like the February election. . Crooks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Olusegun Odebunmi, Sponsor Of Press Gagging Bill, Suspends It For Consultation / ASUU, NMA Not Recognised Labour Unions - Folashade Yemi-Esan / 2023: No Igbo Man Contesting Presidency, They Are All Eyeing VP Slot – MASSOB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.