Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,242 members, 7,815,330 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

How Do We Solve This Big Societal Marriage Problem? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do We Solve This Big Societal Marriage Problem? (542 Views)

Marriage Problem / How Would You Solve This Kind Of Issue? / How to solve this fraudulent act by Union Bank staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do We Solve This Big Societal Marriage Problem? by MadamExcellency: 4:42pm On Oct 17, 2023
This is indeed a big problem...women generally don't want to marry men who make less money than them...and men feel insecure in that type of relationship.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do We Solve This Big Societal Marriage Problem? by MadamExcellency: 4:49pm On Oct 17, 2023
MadamExcellency:
This is indeed a big problem...women generally don't want to marry men who make less money than them...and men feel insecure in that type of relationship.

As, I am seeing it, if things don't change, I mean reality on the ground (for young enterprising women outearning young men) will eventually permeate conventional wisdom.
Re: How Do We Solve This Big Societal Marriage Problem? by Beremx(f): 4:53pm On Oct 17, 2023
The latter is more common than the former
Re: How Do We Solve This Big Societal Marriage Problem? by DrFunmisticGlow: 4:56pm On Oct 17, 2023
MadamExcellency:

As, I am seeing it, if things don't change, I mean reality on the ground (for young enterprising women outearning young men) will eventually permeate conventional wisdom.
More women will choose to be single and have peace of mind. I see no issues

4 Likes

Re: How Do We Solve This Big Societal Marriage Problem? by MadamExcellency: 5:01pm On Oct 17, 2023
DrFunmisticGlow:
More women will choose to be single and have peace of mind. I see no issues

From a woman's perspective ... an independent woman needs to find a man who will appreciate her and not be stuck in the Old Testament view of women. I have been married for 20 years ... but it has taken a lot of work, especially when the woman feels like she is doing everything, including earning way more than the spouse (which is no big deal, as long as the spouse helps out around the house). When the husband gets older, he does tend to help out more around the house.
Re: How Do We Solve This Big Societal Marriage Problem? by Kobojunkie: 5:03pm On Oct 17, 2023
MadamExcellency:
From a woman's perspective ... an independent woman needs to find a man who will appreciate her and not be stuck in the Old Testament view of women. I have been married for 20 years ... but it has taken a lot of work, especially when the woman feels like she is doing everything, including earning way more than the spouse (which is no big deal, as long as the spouse helps out around the house). When the husband gets older, he does tend to help out more around the house.
I hope you are not insinuating that there is every woman's perspective. undecided

1 Like

Re: How Do We Solve This Big Societal Marriage Problem? by Puss360(f): 5:27pm On Oct 17, 2023
Marriage is not an achievement....
If money is an issue, then leave issues of marriage and focus on making money...

2 Likes

Re: How Do We Solve This Big Societal Marriage Problem? by MadamExcellency: 5:47pm On Oct 17, 2023
Puss360:
Marriage is not an achievement....
If money is an issue, then leave issues of marriage and focus on making money...

When you reach the pinnacle of your success (career, fame, money, connection etc) and you're above fifty years old, we can talk.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do We Solve This Big Societal Marriage Problem? by Reminderz: 6:27am On Oct 18, 2023
yeah, the thing is most people set unrealistic standards from themselves... but the fact still remain, more men are realising they have much to lose and little to gain when it comes to that commitment, so very few are willing to take that risk... all things being equal, it's a known fact that women benefits from marriage more... many are also not of marriageable quality but we mostly look at the financial aspect of it..

but let it be known that, if men decides to stop getting married, women mostly will be the ones bearing the brunt...

1 Like

Re: How Do We Solve This Big Societal Marriage Problem? by Mindlog: 8:46am On Oct 18, 2023
Reminderz:
yeah, the thing is most people set unrealistic standards from themselves... but the fact still remain, more men are realising they have much to lose and little to gain when it comes to that commitment, so very few are willing to take that risk... all things being equal, it's a known fact that women benefits from marriage more... many are also not of marriageable quality but we mostly look at the financial aspect of it..

but let it be known that, if men decides to stop getting married, women mostly will be the ones bearing the brunt...

How will that stop women from becoming mothers or children growing and thriving without their biological fathers?

The reality is that what defines family in today's world is fast evolving as there is a subtle and deliberate increase of families without husbands and fathers in the family pictures.
Re: How Do We Solve This Big Societal Marriage Problem? by saint960(m): 8:53am On Oct 18, 2023
The saying that says the two must come together and understand each other. This were getting married to a woman who is morally sound is everything. And on the male part is time to kill the ego
Re: How Do We Solve This Big Societal Marriage Problem? by Reminderz: 8:54am On Oct 18, 2023
Mindlog:

How will that stop women from becoming mothers?

The reality is that what defines family in today's world is fast evolving as there is a subtle and deliberate increase of families without husbands and fathers in the family pictures.
and do you know the after effects of that? do you even know how most child who were raised fatherless ended up to be? lol, you don't expect me to point out that to you... a little research from your end will do justice to that...

and again, when I said women will mostly be the ones bearing the brunt if men decides not to get married is not because it will stop women from becoming mothers or not... it's because the benefits women see in marriage and the security it provides favours them more than men... they invests less, they risks less while enjoying the most benefits... even the children that's the product of the marriage mostly ends up catering to their mothers more... so tell me, what does men really have to lose when there's an easy way for them? if not because of religion or our innate sense of morality, most men would rather remain unmarried... even the ones that married, some of them are crying out seeking help, week in week out...

men can perform independently... in fact, they make wonders when they do that, women need men more than men need women and there's nothing that can change this fact...
Re: How Do We Solve This Big Societal Marriage Problem? by Mindlog: 9:15am On Oct 18, 2023
Reminderz:

and do you know the after effects of that? do you even know how most child who were raised fatherless ended up to be? lol, you don't expect me to point out that to you... a little research from your end will do justice to that...

and again, when I said women will mostly be the ones bearing the brunt if men decides not to get married is not because it will stop women from becoming mothers or not... it's because the benefits women see in marriage and the security it provides favours them more than men... they invests less, they risks less while enjoying the most benefits... even the children that's the product of the marriage mostly ends up catering to their mothers more... so tell me, what does men really have to lose when there's an easy way for them? if not because of religion or our innate sense of morality, most men would rather remain unmarried... even the ones that married, some of them are crying out seeking help, week in week out...

men can perform independently... in fact, they make wonders when they do that, women need men more than men need women and there's nothing that can change this fact...

In your own words, what is the easy way? cheesy

I guess you mean in Africa? cheesy cheesy
Re: How Do We Solve This Big Societal Marriage Problem? by Marynwachukwu21(f): 9:36am On Oct 18, 2023
That's true👍
Re: How Do We Solve This Big Societal Marriage Problem? by Klass99(f): 1:24pm On Oct 18, 2023
Re: How Do We Solve This Big Societal Marriage Problem? by tosinhtml: 2:37pm On Oct 18, 2023
MadamExcellency:

It is a problem that is meant to exist, It was just a matter of time. I saw a public article about some Americans complaining that they cannot find men who match their earnings & CNN reported it too.

So it means if a lady makes $100k yearly, she would require a guy making that amount or higher which isn't that common, what happens in essense is some women would run out of partners to date, and men too. In 100 years from now, marriages will drop significantly below 50% globally.

There is nothing anyone can do about it, the problem is meant to stay.

1 Like

Re: How Do We Solve This Big Societal Marriage Problem? by lordnkem000(m): 2:46pm On Oct 18, 2023
MadamExcellency:

When you reach the pinnacle of your success (career, fame, money, connection etc) and you're above fifty years old, we can talk.
Na small pikin dey worry that girl. Sometimes I feel disappointed with how she talks

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Suicide Rate Skyrockets ( Photos ) / . / Executive 2 &3 Bedroom Flat To Let @ Iyana Ipaja Axis Wt Pix 180k/yr 08023097721

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.