Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,311 members, 7,829,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

Libya To Adopt Sharia Law And Become An Islamic Republic - Ntc - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Libya To Adopt Sharia Law And Become An Islamic Republic - Ntc (1222 Views)

LASTMA To Adopt New System Of Booking Offenders / Lagos APGA To Adopt Ambode As Governorship Candidate / House of Representatives Adopt Motion Over Removal Of Jega (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Libya To Adopt Sharia Law And Become An Islamic Republic - Ntc by Sunofgod(m): 9:05pm On Oct 23, 2011
A Democratic Islamic Republic - Smh -  undecided

Basically, a ayotolah will take over for another 42 years.
Re: Libya To Adopt Sharia Law And Become An Islamic Republic - Ntc by ektbear: 10:10pm On Oct 23, 2011
Whether we like it or not, it is their right.

People should be able to choose whatever form of government they like, yes?

Even if it is an Islamic Republic  undecided

I don't like it, but it is what it is.
Re: Libya To Adopt Sharia Law And Become An Islamic Republic - Ntc by Pukkah: 10:20pm On Oct 23, 2011
^^^Exactly. The minority will have their say and the majority will have their way. People should get what they want in as much as it's not injurious to others.
Re: Libya To Adopt Sharia Law And Become An Islamic Republic - Ntc by Nobody: 10:22pm On Oct 23, 2011
Deja vu. . . .once upon a time in Iran.
Re: Libya To Adopt Sharia Law And Become An Islamic Republic - Ntc by Sunofgod(m): 10:26pm On Oct 23, 2011
Ok  - no problem.

Tunisia are voting and the same thing is happening - Islamist parties are popular amongst the people.

Sectarian violence is ongoing in Egypt - no doubt when they get around to holding elections I'm sure it will be an Islamic party that takes over.

Personally, i dont think religion and politics is a good combination - I prefer secular states.

But fcu.k it - let them have what they want - It will only lead to a further supression of their freedoms.
Re: Libya To Adopt Sharia Law And Become An Islamic Republic - Ntc by Nobody: 10:41pm On Oct 23, 2011
ekt_bear:

Whether we like it or not, it is their right.

People should be able to choose whatever form of government they like, yes?

Even if it is an Islamic Republic  undecided

I don't like it, but it is what it is.

unintended consequences for france, britain and the us
Re: Libya To Adopt Sharia Law And Become An Islamic Republic - Ntc by Akanbiedu(m): 10:47pm On Oct 23, 2011
The more you look, the less you see
Re: Libya To Adopt Sharia Law And Become An Islamic Republic - Ntc by Remii(m): 10:49pm On Oct 23, 2011
oyb:

all they don't want is a Gadaffi, that has survived so many of their predecessors and was still standing up to them. Saudi, Qatar, Kuwait and others are Islamic states and they are still "friends" of the West.
Re: Libya To Adopt Sharia Law And Become An Islamic Republic - Ntc by ektbear: 10:50pm On Oct 23, 2011
oyb:

I'm guessing they hope to be friends with Libya's new gov't (despite being Islamic) the same way they are buddies with Saudi.

Hope it works out.

We shall see.

Who knows, perhaps they shall regret supporting Ghadaffi's fall
Re: Libya To Adopt Sharia Law And Become An Islamic Republic - Ntc by Rgp92: 10:51pm On Oct 23, 2011
What happens in Arabland, stays in arabland.
Re: Libya To Adopt Sharia Law And Become An Islamic Republic - Ntc by Rgp92: 10:53pm On Oct 23, 2011
easy come easy go. Easy has left libya, now it is their time to face what they rest of Africa are facing today.
Re: Libya To Adopt Sharia Law And Become An Islamic Republic - Ntc by Yeske2(m): 11:02pm On Oct 23, 2011
As far as it is what they want
Re: Libya To Adopt Sharia Law And Become An Islamic Republic - Ntc by Nobody: 11:12pm On Oct 23, 2011
ekt_bear:

I'm guessing they hope to be friends with Libya's new gov't (despite being Islamic) the same way they are buddies with Saudi.

Hope it works out.

We shall see.

Who knows, perhaps they shall regret supporting Ghadaffi's fall

not sure how their being buddies with saudi is working out. the 911 bombers were saudis as was bin laden. they are propping a repressive regime and its looking more and more like a powder keg that will eventually blow and in their faces. sarkosky must be biting his fingers, what with his hardon for veils and all.

i will always hold the west at least partly responsible for the horrible mess in congo, because they supported mobuto for years. his ouster by kabila the beginning of the descent into chaos.

off topic - delicious ironies - omar muktar who fought several successful campaigns against western domination ( italians in the 1800s) was a mascot for the rebels.

anyway, when is nato going to aid the syrians?
Re: Libya To Adopt Sharia Law And Become An Islamic Republic - Ntc by Sunofgod(m): 11:20pm On Oct 23, 2011
BENGHAZI, Libya (AP) — Libya's transitional leader declared his country's liberation on Sunday, three days after the hated dictator Moammar Gadhafi was captured and killed.

He called on Libyans to show "patience, honesty and tolerance" and eschew hatred as they embark on rebuilding the country at the end of an 8-month civil war.

The transitional government leader Mustafa Abdul-Jalil set out a vision for the post-Gadhafi future with an Islamist tint, saying that Islamic Sharia law would be the "basic source" of legislation in the country and that existing laws that contradict the teachings of Islam would be nullified. In a gesture that showed his own piety, he urged Libyans not to express their joy by firing in the air, but rather to chant "Allahu Akbar," or God is Great. He then stepped aside and knelt to offer a brief prayer of thanks.

"This revolution was looked after by God to achieve victory," he told the crowd at the declaration ceremony in the eastern city of Benghazi, the birthplace of the uprising against Gadhafi began. He thanked those who fell in the fight against Gadhafi's forces. "This revolution began peacefully to demand the minimum of legitimate rights, but it was met by excessive violence."

Abdul-Jalil said new banks would be set up to follow the Islamic banking system, which bans charging interest. For the time being, he said interest would be canceled from any personal loans already taken out less than 10,000 Libyan dinars (about $7,500).

He also announced that all military personnel and civilians who have taken part in the fight against Gadhafi would be promoted to the rank above their existing one. He said a package of perks would later be announced for all fighters.

"Thank You, thank you to the fighters who achieved victory, both civilians and military," he said. He also paid tribute to the Gulf Cooperation Council, a six-nation alliance led by Saudi Arabia, The Arab League and the European Union. NATO, which aided the anti-Gadhafi fighters with airstrikes, performed its task with "efficiency and professionalism."

http://news.yahoo.com/libyas-transitional-leader-declares-liberation-155513082.html

Also read the comments under the article and see what Americans and others are saying. Hehe, The Saga has just begun. More to come.

Zero step forward, 3 steps backwards. Meet the New boss, worse than the Old boss. I dey laffu laffu ooooo.
Re: Libya To Adopt Sharia Law And Become An Islamic Republic - Ntc by Abagworo(m): 11:44pm On Oct 23, 2011
Libya will now be an Arab country instead of a mixed African and Arab.Ghaddafi was a friend of the black people and should be remembered as that.The NTC was an Al-Qaeda linked group and will not fall short of my expectations of a new terrorist country.Enough said.
Re: Libya To Adopt Sharia Law And Become An Islamic Republic - Ntc by Kobojunkie: 11:48pm On Oct 23, 2011
oyb:

Indonesia is an example of a successful Democratic Islamic Republic that practices Sharia.
Re: Libya To Adopt Sharia Law And Become An Islamic Republic - Ntc by Nobody: 12:07am On Oct 24, 2011
^^^^

I hope this is some kind of Joke.

Google Indonesia violence with the News option.

Indonesia is not successful as a democratic nation, it is a disaster of earthquake proportions.
Re: Libya To Adopt Sharia Law And Become An Islamic Republic - Ntc by Nobody: 12:09am On Oct 24, 2011
African immigrants seeking to use Libya as a launchpad to Europe better start plotting new routes.

The New Racist Libya certainly would not be nice to sub saharan africans
Re: Libya To Adopt Sharia Law And Become An Islamic Republic - Ntc by Kobojunkie: 12:10am On Oct 24, 2011
frosbel:

^^^^

I hope this is some kind of Joke.

Google Indonesia violence with the News option.

Indonesia is not successful as a democratic nation, it is a disaster of earthquake proportions.

Do tell us how it is a disaster because I have no idea what you are really referring to there.
Re: Libya To Adopt Sharia Law And Become An Islamic Republic - Ntc by Nobody: 12:14am On Oct 24, 2011
Also not forgetting the religious oppression that follows

(1) (Reply)

Major Nzeogwu Speaks About Killing The Sardauna (tv Interview) / Chucks: In Reply To The Nonsense You Wrote About Yoruba Leadership By Musiwa / Ibeto Cement: Claims Of Cement Glut Misleading

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.