Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,264 members, 7,829,530 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

Igbos Lamenting That Yorubas Don't Rent Houses To Them In Lagos - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Igbos Lamenting That Yorubas Don't Rent Houses To Them In Lagos (1637 Views)

200 Houses To Go As Wike Orders Demolition Of Abuja Village For Presidential Plo / Emeka Offor Donates 10 Houses To Widows In Anambra / Best Areas To Rent Houses, Flats, To Live In Ikorodu, Lagos. Information Needed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Lamenting That Yorubas Don't Rent Houses To Them In Lagos by DomPerignon: 10:29pm On Oct 17, 2023
Ibos dey rent house for Lagos wey dem develop?

I thought all of them are landlords ?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Lamenting That Yorubas Don't Rent Houses To Them In Lagos by Udumasteve62(m): 10:53pm On Oct 17, 2023
God bless fela kuti
Re: Igbos Lamenting That Yorubas Don't Rent Houses To Them In Lagos by Pharaohny: 2:46am On Oct 18, 2023
SO even your own brothers are rejecting you , I laugh in MBAISE grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Lamenting That Yorubas Don't Rent Houses To Them In Lagos by Juliearth(f): 2:46am On Oct 18, 2023
Airlord2030:
Some lamentation by igbos grin grin grin grin

The Igbos started this trend so don't cry wolf.
I am of the opinion that Igbo tenants can be very difficult to live with. My present rentage is owned by an Igbo man and majority of the tenants are Igbos. For the first time ever, I am looking forward to my rent expiring so I can move out. Igbo landlords are the most greedy and selfish beings ever. And just like the lady on this thread, Igbos don't also like renting their houses to non-Igbos. My landlord assumed I was am Igbo lady and upon realising otherwise, I began to suffer.

As for the Igbo tenants, they are the most close-minded, stiff and rude people you can ever think of.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Lamenting That Yorubas Don't Rent Houses To Them In Lagos by flokii: 4:27am On Oct 18, 2023
They will enter house finish and start insulting their landlords claiming he/she is lazy, waiting for them to go and work and pay them rent.. before you know it, they'll go and pack all their extended family members from wherever to come and be living with them inside one room, some even sublet to others, imagine tenant still having his own tenants in another person's house.

When you feel you are too wise, you'll eventually come off as a big fo0l.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Lamenting That Yorubas Don't Rent Houses To Them In Lagos by flokii: 4:33am On Oct 18, 2023
Pharaohny:
SO even your own brothers are rejecting you , I laugh in MBAISE grin grin grin grin grin

They know how their people behave now, so they'll reject even their own Igbo tribesmen looking for house. Give them an inch of your land and they'll attempt to take over the whole space. Ahmadu Bello knew them too well.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Lamenting That Yorubas Don't Rent Houses To Them In Lagos by udede(m): 6:02am On Oct 18, 2023
accordadoga25:
Hehehe

Must they live in Lagos?

Shege-bānza iya.mirī
Shatap there nkakwu, when Human beings are commenting you wan put your cursed mouth.
Re: Igbos Lamenting That Yorubas Don't Rent Houses To Them In Lagos by ablogroup: 6:26am On Oct 18, 2023
I inherited some properties in Lagos from my late dad. The only people (tenants) I have had major issues with, were either igbos, or pastors.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Lamenting That Yorubas Don't Rent Houses To Them In Lagos by SuperOnyi: 7:01am On Oct 18, 2023
legitnow1:
IT WILL SHOCK YOU TO KNOW YORUBA BIGOTS ARE CREATING ACCOUNT WITH IGBO NAMES AND TYPING SHIT.

WE HAVE TOLD THEM NIGERIA IS NOT BY FORCE.

DIVIDE THE COUNTRY AND TAKE LAGOS.

HOW MANY TIMES?

shocked

Oga, stop making dumb excuses and tell our people to change their ways! We're not perfect, just because they're Igbo doesn't mean they are any good.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Lamenting That Yorubas Don't Rent Houses To Them In Lagos by bdon123(m): 7:11am On Oct 18, 2023
U are looking for houses in d slum be that.goto beta areas...yorubas dont own houses there.
Re: Igbos Lamenting That Yorubas Don't Rent Houses To Them In Lagos by Curious345: 7:18am On Oct 18, 2023
Na this type post Nairaland dey like ..

When I said LASTMA is targeting Igbo on Lagos , they deleted my post the moment they saw it was going viral..

Now ,some other tribe who bear Igbo names are making disparaging post on Facebook, and they allowed the rubbish here ..

Be like say some of the mods dey do anyhow

1 Like

Re: Igbos Lamenting That Yorubas Don't Rent Houses To Them In Lagos by MyExpression(m): 8:30am On Oct 18, 2023
The truth is, all tribe even the Igbos, know that Igbo people can not be tossed about by any landLORD.
Except you're on your right, you'll have to justify whatever you're dealing- with an Igbo man.
You don't just make compound laws without democracy, coz you're a landLORD.
You'll have to wait till the tenancy expires before lording over any Igbo person.

But on the general, Igbos are very neat, and rarely owes rent....also dey know how to mind their business

For the other points, pastors, single mothers, even Lawyers also fall into same bracket.
Emotional blackmail.

Don't hire who you can't fire...
Re: Igbos Lamenting That Yorubas Don't Rent Houses To Them In Lagos by Nobody: 10:38am On Oct 18, 2023
Truly they are difficult to live with. Very domineering, bossy and controlling they always want to have things their way and will address you like they are feeding you.

Nevertheless the accusations are untrue.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Lamenting That Yorubas Don't Rent Houses To Them In Lagos by lordnkem000(m): 11:48am On Oct 18, 2023
Persephone1:
Truly they are difficult to live with. Very domineering, bossy and controlling they always want to have things their way and will address you like they are feeding you.

Nevertheless the accusations are untrue.
They re true. Ever since elections Yoruba people are cold against Igbos. We don't give a fvck too. Most of their big boys are married to Igbo wives. Their grandmothers re Igbo wives too. I remember Desmond Elliot during campaign told them his mother is Igbo. Yoruba Lagos people re the most clueless people I've ever known. Osun and oyo people re different

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bakkasi, The Lost Penisula / Private Hostel Investors Club.(lands For Sale 4 Private Hostel Investment) / You Can Now Buy Plots Of Land At Ibeju-lekki, Lagos!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.