Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,063 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

All You Need To Become A Web3.0/Blockchain Developer in 2023/2024. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / All You Need To Become A Web3.0/Blockchain Developer in 2023/2024. (1382 Views)

I Need A More Information About Web3.0 / Discover How To Be A Blockchain Developer & Blockchain Engineer / Java EE Developer And Spring Developer In Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

All You Need To Become A Web3.0/Blockchain Developer in 2023/2024. by Easyincome24: 8:50am On Oct 18, 2023
Good day fellow nairalanders. I will be your OP on this topic and I promise to do my best to update this thread from time to time.
I trust it's going to be helpful to many newbies who are just coming into Blockchain as a software developer.

The purpose of creating this thread are as follow:

1) to groom the next generation of Blockchain Developers;
2) to build a community of strong-willed WebDev who in turn will build others;
3) to create more jobs among youths who are ready to take the future in web3.0
4) there are few threads on web3.0 on Nairaland, hence this is going to be the most comprehensive topic on web3.0 from zero to mastery.
5) the industry needs more skilled personnel to unearth the magics in Blockchain.

Disclaimer: The OP is only sharing tips for educational purposes, as such, should there be any names, brands, or contents mentioned or used in the cause of the discussion, do your own research (DYOR) before absorbing them hook and line.

About me:
I'm based in Nigeria, worked in several sectors before resolving to delve into tech fully. I had made several attempts to launch into tech starting with social media marketing before I found BLOCKCHAIN as a mainstay after several research on the topic itself.

Nairaland has been a helpful place for me as I have benefited in couples of topics relating to tech and business as a whole. I must give credit to Seun Osewa and his team for creating Nairaland. It is to me like Reddit, Quora, Discord, and many other social communities I belong.

Now back to the reason why this thread is created. You must have heard the following terms, Blockchain, Cryptocurrency, NFTs, Metaverse etc. All these are emerging technology which will soon take over the world.

Africa is not anywhere near the rest of the world from statistics. Sometimes, I ask if we are existing among the rest of the world. Check Europe, America, Asia and the rest of the world, research is going everyday on machine learning, artificial intelligence, deep learning, Blockchain etc with grants and scholarships to encourage young people to pursue careers in them.

Unfortunately for us, we are still striving with corruption, terrorism, poverty, and many unwarranted crises. Despite being in this country, sometimes, I get lost in the deep ocean of Blockchain research that I don't even know I'm still bodily present in my country.

The virtual conferences, cohorts, discussions, debates, project participations are so overwhelming and a good thing for anyone to get engaged in.

The challenges will always be there especially for many of us who come from less privileged backgrounds. Worst still, unemployment, high inflation and epileptic social amenities are enough to discourage one.

Don't worry, I'm also passing through the same challenges as you are going through. This thread will be made a comprehensive one so that you can pick it up wherever you left.

I hope some of my posts don't go against Nairaland's rules. I will ensure to read, digest before writing any thread in order not to get banned or my links being removed. I believe it is possible to get all right!

Lastly, I'm fun to be with, I will ensure this is quite fun to read. At times, I may deviate from conventional (too serious academic) writeups will be avoided. Guys, we have much serious things to pursue, make someone no con return me to classroom again. grin grin

In my next post, I will talk more about walking your way up to becoming a Blockchain Developer.

If you can take this study as fun, you will ace the steps faster. Don't squeeze your face when reading it, put a smile on your face like Lagbaja sang, no matter your condition. smiley

Web3.0 is fun to delve in, don't mind those who want to scare you with book book book and research. For you to read my writeup till now, no be say you Sabi book before? Abegi, let the newbies breathe.

[To be continued]

2 Likes

Re: All You Need To Become A Web3.0/Blockchain Developer in 2023/2024. by bestbiz17: 12:58pm On Oct 18, 2023
This should be fun. Fortunately, I just saw a we've course buh too much grammar like solidity, Solana and the likes. Can a non-coder break into the Web3 space?
Re: All You Need To Become A Web3.0/Blockchain Developer in 2023/2024. by Easyincome24: 1:24pm On Oct 18, 2023
bestbiz17:
This should be fun. Fortunately, I just saw a we've course buh too much grammar like solidity, Solana and the likes. Can a non-coder break into the Web3 space?
There is an aspect for non-coder just like in medicine. Not everyone in a hospital study medicine. We have the administrators, those who are business admins but all the knowledge is to contribute to move the hospital forward. But if you want to be a doctor, no way, you must study medicine. Same is becoming a web3.0 developer. You are like a doctor, if anything goes wrong with the whole codes, frontend and backends, there will be wahala.
Blockchain knowledge without coding is for everyone. Hence you don't necessarily need to be a code geek to venture into web3.0.
Re: All You Need To Become A Web3.0/Blockchain Developer in 2023/2024. by Easyincome24: 4:50pm On Oct 19, 2023
As a continuation to where we stopped last.

Today, I attended a webinar host by Ecobank celebrating Ecobank Day, theme: on digital education in Africa.

The panelists are young folks some of which are fluent in French and English. What fascinated me most was that they are averagely in their 20's and started early in coding.

One of them, Wiza from Malawi currently works with a bank in Brazil as well as consulting for some tech companies in China.

Why do I have to share this here, it's to let you know that you need to create an hunger, passion for tech if you are a newbie.

Attend most of the tech conferences usually advertised on Facebook, LinkedIn, Eventbrite. Even if you won't bodily be available, there is a virtual option for those programs. You can get motivated to push yourself in learning all you want to learn as a programmer who is ready to solve problem.

Don't forget, Rome they say, is not built in a day.

1 Like

Re: All You Need To Become A Web3.0/Blockchain Developer in 2023/2024. by Easyincome24: 5:16pm On Oct 19, 2023
Simple RoadMap To Becoming a Web3.0/Blockchain Developer

As said in one of the wise books, he who plunges his hands in a plough, and looks back is not fit for a reward.

It also said somewhere, any man who wants to build a house, he needs to first count the cost, to access it if he will be able to complete the house, so that he won't get to the middle and stop. Hence people will mock him, it would have been better not to start than starting and stopping in the middle.

To travel from the point you are (novice) to becoming an expert (web3.0 Dev) you'll need to understand the navigation so you can be prepared.

Below are what you need to begin with:

1) Web development skills- We will explain in details as we go on. You can keep reading or take a notepad to save this.

2) Basics of Blockchain Technology- Don't worry, most of this info are right here on Nairaland too. Don't be scared of the grammar.

3) Smart Contract and Why it matters- Just keep reading, we will explain in a layman's language later.

4) Programming with Solidity- this one go dey easy if we take care of No1 very well especially for someone who haven't done any coding before.

5) CTD of Smart contract - No mind me, the reality is that we use many abbreviations in web3.0, so we need to start from now. CTD means compiling, testing and deploying of smart contract. Don't worry, we dey together, you can just write them in a jotter so you don't forget easily.

6) Learn about DApps, Wapps- these are decentralized applications. The former means Decentralized Applications while the later means Web Applications. Imagine you joke with your friend that see how you are looking at me like a DApp or WApp, they will look confused but you are using them to catch fun. This is one way to learn, using the words daily or reading about them.

7) Metamask and other crypto wallets- Just to dive into how these technology functions and their structures.

cool Learn how to use web3.js or ether.js- At these stage you will already have known much so you can be able to pick between web3.js or ether.js in order to connect your DApps (by now you should know what DApps means, else I will ask you to raise your hand up and face the wall.

9) Practice some projects - these one plenty online, there are sites who are ready to pay you for helping out with simple projects. As you team up or handle any, you can add to your CV.

10) Build your portfolio- I need not to stress this more, you should know why it is needed.

Gents and ladies, your day is as busy as mine. It is from the same 24 hours I take to write this, Hussle as well to pay my bills. So, I will continue from here next time.

Don't forget, the best gift you can give to yourself is to learn this skill.

Web3.0, Artificial Intelligence, Cloud Computing, Cyber security, Data Analysis, Big Data, Robotics and few others pay higher among any tech jobs in the world. You also can offer your services remotely, you can work at your pace.

I'm also yet to reach my leap, I'm still learning but I believe someone will be helped with this information.

Next time, we will delve into No1 on the roadmap, what it entails and how you can start. Web Development is one of the most sought after skills nowadays. With that skill, you can at least solve problems for people who daily need the service.

As at the time of writing this article, Web3.0 Developer salary range annually is estimated to be $80,000- $150,000 for entry, junior or mid level role. While senior roles or experts is from $400k- $1M (at this stage, you are a bunch of knowledge yourself).

Look beyond the salary for now, find a passion in something then the reward will come later.

I will leave you with this quote from Brian Tracy which says "The key to success is to focus our conscious mind on things we desire not things we fear. Successful people are always looking for opportunities to help others. Unsuccessful people are always asking, 'What's in it for me? '

[To be continued]

1 Like

Re: All You Need To Become A Web3.0/Blockchain Developer in 2023/2024. by Optimist4life: 1:52am On Oct 20, 2023
I am following this thread keenly. Thanks for this OP, I have been on web development for some months now. I am very interested in this. Thanks

1 Like

Re: All You Need To Become A Web3.0/Blockchain Developer in 2023/2024. by Easyincome24: 7:34am On Oct 20, 2023
Optimist4life:
I am following this thread keenly. Thanks for this OP, I have been on web development for some months now. I am very interested in this. Thanks
So nice to know you already started web dev. May I know the stack you are focusing on and what you intend to do with the skill later?
Re: All You Need To Become A Web3.0/Blockchain Developer in 2023/2024. by TONY042(m): 6:45pm On Oct 20, 2023
Exactly what I was looking for, thanks for this thread OP.

I've idea about cryptocurrencies and the trading aspect, but I want to go into the technology behind it (BLOCKCHAIN). I've no knowledge about coding, so am with you all the way.

1 Like

Re: All You Need To Become A Web3.0/Blockchain Developer in 2023/2024. by Easyincome24: 8:07pm On Oct 20, 2023
TONY042:
Exactly what I was looking for, thanks for this thread OP.

I've idea about cryptocurrencies and the trading aspect, but I want to go into the technology behind it (BLOCKCHAIN). I've no knowledge about coding, so am with you all the way.

It's glad to know that people are getting interested in Blockchain. I have tried to search a thread rich in equipping people on the fundamentals especially as regarding the web3.0 development, since I couldn't find one, I decided to make this a resourceful one.
I hope to see it through to the end as it will be useful for newbies.

If you have any area we need to touch or you can contribute as well to make this thread a go-to one for "all you need to become a web3.0 developer from zero to master".

1 Like

Re: All You Need To Become A Web3.0/Blockchain Developer in 2023/2024. by TONY042(m): 10:02pm On Oct 20, 2023
Easyincome24:

It's glad to know that people are getting interested in Blockchain. I have tried to search a thread rich in equipping people on the fundamentals especially as regarding the web3.0 development, since I couldn't find one, I decided to make this a resourceful one.
I hope to see it through to the end as it will be useful for newbies.

If you have any area we need to touch or you can contribute as well to make this thread a go-to one for "all you need to become a web3.0 developer from zero to master".

I'm with you all the way, boss. I'm a complete newbie in programming. I believe starting from the very beginning will be great, like the right programming languages one needs to learn and focus on and from there every other step will follow suit. So that years to come people will still find this thread as a good starting point towards Blockchain Development.

1 Like

Re: All You Need To Become A Web3.0/Blockchain Developer in 2023/2024. by Easyincome24: 11:00pm On Oct 20, 2023
[Continuation]

If you are just joining this thread, please, take a little effort to scroll up so you can understand where we started from.

In this post, I will explain the first step which has been highlighted in previous post on the steps towards becoming a Blockchain/Web3.0 Developer.

Before diving into what the web development entails, I want to briefly explain the term web3.0.

Web3.0 is a short form of referring to the technology phase of the website. Web development has passed through several phases namely: web1.0, web2.0 and now web3.0. Once web3.0 is fully grown and explored another phase of technology will emerge.

I) Web 1.0 was like a big book that everyone could read, but only a few people could write in. Web 1.0 technology is the first generation of the World Wide Web. It was characterized by static web pages that were mostly created and maintained by a small number of web developers. Users were primarily consumers of content, with limited opportunities to interact with websites or other users.

ii) Web 2.0 This is more like a notebook where everyone can write and share their ideas. Web 2.0 technologies have made it easier for people to communicate and share information with each other. They have also made it easier for people to learn and create new things.

iii) Web3.0 This allows users to read+write+own the contents at the same time. Web3.0 is the next generation of the internet. It is still under development, but it has the potential to revolutionize the way we interact with the internet and with each other.

One of the key features of Web3.0 is that it is decentralized. This means that it is not controlled by any one entity, such as a government or a large corporation. Instead, it is controlled by a network of computers that are owned and operated by users.

Another key feature of Web3.0 is that it is more secure and private than previous generations of the internet. This is because it uses cryptography to protect user data and to ensure that transactions are secure.

Summary:

Web1.0= read only

Web2.0= read + write

Web3.0= read + write + ownership

[To be continued]
Re: All You Need To Become A Web3.0/Blockchain Developer in 2023/2024. by Easyincome24: 8:07am On Oct 22, 2023
The Federal Government of Nigeria, through the Ministry of Communications, Innovation, and Digital Economy, has launched the 3MTT programme, targeted at generating a pipeline of technical talents across Nigeria.

In line with the Ministry’s 1%-10%-100% implementation approach, this is a call for application for training providers and interested Nigerians (who want to be trained) for the pilot phase targeting 30,000 tech talents across Nigeria

The programme is a critical part of the Renewed Hope Agenda, aimed at building Nigeria's technical talent backbone to power our digital economy and position Nigeria as a net talent exporter.

Application link: 3mtt.nitda.gov.ng

Selection of Training Providers: 1st Nov 2023

Training Start date: 15th Nov 2023.

For the first phase, we will focus on these twelve (12) technical skills:

1) Software Development
2) UI/UX Design
3) Data Analysis & Visualisation
4) Quality Assurance
5) Product Management
6) Data Science
7) Animation
8.) AI / Machine Learning
9) Cybersecurity
10) Game Development
11) Cloud Computing
12) Dev Ops

Hurry up to register.

The training is hybrid, would be both physical and virtual depending.

Once you apply, a confirmation mail will be sent to you.

1 Like

Re: All You Need To Become A Web3.0/Blockchain Developer in 2023/2024. by Easyincome24: 11:52am On Oct 22, 2023
Easyincome24:
The Federal Government of Nigeria, through the Ministry of Communications, Innovation, and Digital Economy, has launched the 3MTT programme, targeted at generating a pipeline of technical talents across Nigeria.

In line with the Ministry’s 1%-10%-100% implementation approach, this is a call for application for training providers and interested Nigerians (who want to be trained) for the pilot phase targeting 30,000 tech talents across Nigeria

The programme is a critical part of the Renewed Hope Agenda, aimed at building Nigeria's technical talent backbone to power our digital economy and position Nigeria as a net talent exporter.

Application link: 3mtt.nitda.gov.ng

Selection of Training Providers: 1st Nov 2023

Training Start date: 15th Nov 2023.

For the first phase, we will focus on these twelve (12) technical skills:

1) Software Development
2) UI/UX Design
3) Data Analysis & Visualisation
4) Quality Assurance
5) Product Management
6) Data Science
7) Animation
8.) AI / Machine Learning
9) Cybersecurity
10) Game Development
11) Cloud Computing
12) Dev Ops

Hurry up to register.

The training is hybrid, would be both physical and virtual depending.

Once you apply, a confirmation mail will be sent to you.

Guys, if you can acquire any one of the skills-above, you won't regret it.

This year may already be gone, be rest assured, next year, you will look back to this choice and be happy about the step you take.

Tech is bigger than what you already know and the demand is high compared to what we do here in Nigeria.

I am an advocate of tech skills. Every family should have a tech expert. What are you waiting for?

1 Like

Re: All You Need To Become A Web3.0/Blockchain Developer in 2023/2024. by Easyincome24: 3:30pm On Oct 24, 2023
[Continuation]

Remember in previous lesson, a breakdown of those simple steps for anyone who wants to dive into web3.0 as a developer was highlighted.

In this lesson, let's look at what makes up the web development.

Web development entails both front end development and back end development. What frontend means is the web development aspect that takes care of the visual aspect or what people see on a web page generally.

The beautiful colors, images, videos, texts, forms and many things users of a web page interact with. It requires a front end developer to put those things in order.

While the aspect of the web page users can't see but makes the web page function including the server is put together by the back end developer.

So, anyone who is skilled in handling both front-end and back-end development, such is called a fullstack Developer.

Hold these terms in your left hand, don't forget them: frontend developer, backend developer and fullstack developer. I trust you won't forget them else, I will ask you to knee down and raise your hands up. cheesy

So, as a frontend developer what are the skills one needs?

Frontend Developer Stacks: HTML, CSS, JavaScript, React, Bootstrap, Tailwind, SASS, JQuery, Vue, Angular, Typescript, Foundation, Git and GitHub.

As a backend developer what are the skills one needs?

Backend Developer Stack: JavaScript, Python, Java, PHP, C++, C#, Ruby, Go, Rust, Express, Laravel, Django, MongoDB, Spring, MySQL, PostGreSQL, Node.js, ASP.net, Rails, Rest, JSON, Git and GitHub.

Wawuuuu, this thing plenty oooo. Calm down, you don't necessarily need all infact, most developers don't know all. You just need to know few, build on them, practice and build projects to increase your chances out there.

Streamlined, if you can master few stacks as a frontend developer or backend developer, you are good to go.

Frequently asked questions about Web Development (FAQ.

1) How many languages do I need to know in order to become a front end developer?
Ans: Depending on your capability but the common stacks are HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Reacts, Bootstraps, Angular or Tailwind, Git &GitHub.

2) How many languages do I need to know as a backend developer?
Ans: You need to follow trend in the job opportunities. Common ones are JavaScript/Python, MongoDB, Express, Node.js, Git &GitHub.

3) Why is Git & GitHub repeating itself for both?
Ans: Git is a version control system, if you want to track how your code changes, it's good for it. GitHub is a web-based hosting service for git repositories. Hence both FE and BE developers need them.

4) How many days will it take me to learn these?
Ans: Learning doesn't stop. But if you have a well planned schedule, you should be able to ace the front end development in 3-4 months. But if you want to become a full stack developer meaning to be able to handle both frontend and backend, you will need a minimum of 6 months.

5) Where can one learn web development or fullstack development?
Ans: Best of any learning is to have a mentor or teacher who will follow up with you bumper-to-bumper. But if you are good to self-teaching yourself, check the lists of sites below.

6) Are the training free or one needs to pay?
Ans: some are free while others apply fees. If you need one that comes with certificates, you will pay. But if you have no budget, pick the free sites.

7) When I'm done, how easy is it to get job?
Ans: This depends on many factors. But I can say the skills are top-notch and in high demand. Remember, job like this is skill based rather than certificate. Prospective employers (remote or onsite) will need you to display competency. If you can scale the interview process, be rest assured you are in.

8 ) What's the salary scale like?
Ans: As at 2023, many remote jobs in US and Europe pays from $50,000-$95,000 per annum for entry level developers while senior level developers earn $100,000-$450,000 per annum depending on the project and how skilled you are.

9) What about in Nigeria, how much is the salary?
Ans: Most entry level job roles pay between N100k-N150k while senior level varies from 400k-1M. I prefer the foreign based county because you earn in $$$ and you can work remotely.

Here are some sites you can learn from:

[1) w3schools- offers both free and paid.
2) LinkedIn E-learning - offers paid
3) Udemy - offers paid
4) Udacity -paid
5) Tutorials point- offers free and paid
6) Edureka - paid
7) Simplilearn - free
8 )SkillForAll - free and paid
9) GeekforGeek- free
10) Freecodecamp - free and paid
11) YouTube- free but you need to get data.
12) Coursera - both free and paid
13) CodeAcademy- free
14) Sololearn - free

Note: web3.0 needs a firm grip at web dev first even if it's to acquire the basic skills. If you can also garner experience interning with a Blockchain firm after your web development training, it will make the journey easier. In the next post, more light will be shed on what else to add to the basic skills before advancing into web3.0/Blockchain development.

Pix credit on the image.
[To be continued]

1 Like

Re: All You Need To Become A Web3.0/Blockchain Developer in 2023/2024. by Easyincome24: 5:15am On Oct 29, 2023
Hi everyone, sorry for not seeing update for somedays.

The contents I posted last was removed by the mod and I was banned from posting for few days.

I tried to check if it's my post on this thread or elsewhere that caused the banning.

Well, the testimony is that I'm back.

I will implore the mods to at least help notify us what our offenses are whenever we got banned. It will enable us to be more cautious.

You guys are doing a great job but more needs to be done in the aspect of fair content policy.

I will try my best to keep to the rules in order to educate the readers of this particular thread.
Re: All You Need To Become A Web3.0/Blockchain Developer in 2023/2024. by Easyincome24: 8:01am On Oct 29, 2023
[Continuation]

It is note worthy for you to dedicate time for acquiring the skills as there is no other way to becoming good in web3dev (web 3.0 development).

The starting curve may seems low but consistency is the rule. A 30 minutes today, another few minutes there before you know it, you will master something great.

There is no strick rule to this journey, just do what works for you. This is one reason why mentoring has been quite difficult in the field.

But it's going to be easy to find mentors when you have the readiness and dedicated spirit. The daily distractions and challenges won't go anytime soon. You'll be shock it will pile up even stronger than you are experiencing. The reason is to test you but if you don't hold a sway to the distractions and challenges thrown at you, you will succeed.

I want to share a guide for anyone who wants to begin the web dev aspect.

Don't forget, to be a successful web3dev, you need the frontend and backend skills to a certain extent. Web3.0/Blockchain projects are similar to web2 as they make use of the same scripts, libraries, frameworks, databases, languages etc.

Though, there are other things that are not useful for web development that you will need to understand when it comes to Blockchain development such as solidity, smart contract etc. You will know this as they all come handy and are available as information for you to grab online.

Here is a simple road map for a FullStack Development Learning:

1) HTML + CSS= Day 1-20
2) JavaScript= Day 21-35
3) Bootstrap or Tailwind= Day 36
4) Apply what you have learn= Day 37-46
5) React = Day 47-60
6) Python = Day61-91
7) Django and Node.js = Day91-121
8] MongoDB and MySQL= Day 121-141
9) Git and GitHub = Day 142-160
10) Rest API or JSON API= Day 161-172
11) AWS and Google cloud = Day 173 - 185
12) Build project and intern

As earlier said, you may not need all listed above just know the demands in the market and select the ones in high demand for both backend and frontend. (I have earlier explained the ones that belong to backend and frontend).

[To be continued]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All You Need To Become A Web3.0/Blockchain Developer in 2023/2024. by pman06(m): 9:09am On Oct 31, 2023
Following. Was looking to learn this and combine my DevOps skills to automate deployment processes for web3.0.

1 Like

Re: All You Need To Become A Web3.0/Blockchain Developer in 2023/2024. by Easyincome24: 9:21am On Oct 31, 2023
pman06:
Following. Was looking to learn this and combine my DevOps skills to automate deployment processes for web3.0.
That will be a huge gain for you. DevOps skill is a hot cake in the market.
I will bookmark that too for last quarter of 2024 God willing.
Re: All You Need To Become A Web3.0/Blockchain Developer in 2023/2024. by Easyincome24: 8:36pm On Oct 31, 2023
Happy new month in advance guys.

Can't wait for November to be here then December God willing.

If one devouts steadily 2-3 hours each day from November till December, you should be done with HTML+CSS + mid level JavaScript.

By January ending in 2024 you should have started building responsive websites and portfolio. Who knows, you may get a remote entry level role requiring basics of HTML, CSS, JavaScript, React, Bootstrap/Tailwind.

See you next month!
Re: All You Need To Become A Web3.0/Blockchain Developer in 2023/2024. by Easyincome24: 7:39am On Nov 07, 2023
Start with the 3 wise skills HTML+CSS+JavaScript.

Why are they referred to as the three wise skills (3WS)?

HTML, CSS, and JavaScript are the fundamental building blocks of web development, forming the cornerstone of creating interactive and visually appealing websites. Each language plays a distinct role in shaping the website's structure, appearance, and behavior.

HTML (HyperText Markup Language): The Skeleton of a Website
Imagine a website as a human body. HTML serves as the skeleton, providing the basic structure and content of the website. It defines the various elements that make up a web page, such as headings, paragraphs, images, and hyperlinks. HTML tags are like bones, giving the website its shape and organization.

CSS (Cascading Style Sheets): The Skin and Dressings
CSS is the skin and dressings of a website, responsible for its visual appearance and layout. It determines the colors, fonts, spacing, and positioning of elements on the page. CSS styles are like clothes, adding style and personality to the website's bare-bones structure.

JavaScript: The Muscles and Brain
JavaScript is the muscles and brain of a website, enabling interactivity and dynamic behavior. It allows you to create animations, respond to user actions, and manipulate the content of the page. JavaScript scripts are like the nervous system, bringing life and responsiveness to the website.

To better understand the roles of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, consider the following practical illustrations:

Imagine building a simple website, like a house.

HTML would be the blueprint, defining the rooms, doors, and windows.
CSS would be the interior design, choosing the colors, furniture, and decorations.
JavaScript would be the smart home technology, enabling lights to turn on automatically, doors to unlock with a voice command, and thermostats to adjust based on temperature.

In conclusion, HTML, CSS, and JavaScript work in harmony to create a complete and functional website. HTML provides the foundation, CSS adds the visual appeal, and JavaScript brings the website to life. Mastering these three languages empowers you to build and customize websites that are not only visually stunning but also interactive and engaging for users.

Refer to previous post on the roadmap to learning these three skills.
For beginners, we shall try some hands-on training here. You can use your phone or laptop for a start.

Don't give an excuse of not having a laptop. There are mobile apps that make coding easy. You'll get the same result like someone using PC.

[To be continued]
Re: All You Need To Become A Web3.0/Blockchain Developer in 2023/2024. by Seb4luv1: 12:22pm On Nov 07, 2023
Thank you for opening this thread, you have broadened my understanding. Can someone without any science background become a full stack developer or better say Front end/backend developer?

1 Like

Re: All You Need To Become A Web3.0/Blockchain Developer in 2023/2024. by Easyincome24: 1:25pm On Nov 07, 2023
Seb4luv1:
Thank you for opening this thread, you have broadened my understanding. Can someone without any science background become a full stack developer or better say Front end/backend developer?
In life, nothing is impossible. All that matters is passion. In tech, you can become anything you want as long as you remain passionate. Every giant step starts with a small step. Take one today, tomorrow and next. Go on and on then you'll see yourself at the top.
Re: All You Need To Become A Web3.0/Blockchain Developer in 2023/2024. by Seb4luv1: 1:58pm On Nov 07, 2023
Thank you sir, what people need is you, someone, who gives them support to start.
Easyincome24:

In life, nothing is impossible. All that matters is passion. In tech, you can become anything you want as long as you remain passionate. Every giant step starts with a small step. Take one today, tomorrow and next. Go on and on then you'll see yourself at the top.

1 Like

Re: All You Need To Become A Web3.0/Blockchain Developer in 2023/2024. by yinkeys(m): 1:46pm On Nov 10, 2023
Easyincome24:
[Continuation]

It is note worthy for you to dedicate time for acquiring the skills as there is no other way to becoming good in web3dev (web 3.0 development).

The starting curve may seems low but consistency is the rule. A 30 minutes today, another few minutes there before you know it, you will master something great.

There is no strick rule to this journey, just do what works for you. This is one reason why mentoring has been quite difficult in the field.

But it's going to be easy to find mentors when you have the readiness and dedicated spirit. The daily distractions and challenges won't go anytime soon. You'll be shock it will pile up even stronger than you are experiencing. The reason is to test you but if you don't hold a sway to the distractions and challenges thrown at you, you will succeed.

I want to share a guide for anyone who wants to begin the web dev aspect.

Don't forget, to be a successful web3dev, you need the frontend and backend skills to a certain extent. Web3.0/Blockchain projects are similar to web2 as they make use of the same scripts, libraries, frameworks, databases, languages etc.

Though, there are other things that are not useful for web development that you will need to understand when it comes to Blockchain development such as solidity, smart contract etc. You will know this as they all come handy and are available as information for you to grab online.

Here is a simple road map for a FullStack Development Learning:

1) HTML + CSS= Day 1-20
2) JavaScript= Day 21-35
3) Bootstrap or Tailwind= Day 36
4) Apply what you have learn= Day 37-46
5) React = Day 47-60
6) Python = Day61-91
7) Django and Node.js = Day91-121
8] MongoDB and MySQL= Day 121-141
9) Git and GitHub = Day 142-160
10) Rest API or JSON API= Day 161-172
11) AWS and Google cloud = Day 173 - 185
12) Build project and intern

As earlier said, you may not need all listed above just know the demands in the market and select the ones in high demand for both backend and frontend. (I have earlier explained the ones that belong to backend and frontend).

[To be continued]
Can you pls add me to an active python group.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: All You Need To Become A Web3.0/Blockchain Developer in 2023/2024. by Tbizey1: 4:10pm On Nov 12, 2023
Interested in this..but how do I start from or where do I start pls?

1 Like

Re: All You Need To Become A Web3.0/Blockchain Developer in 2023/2024. by Easyincome24: 5:42pm On Nov 12, 2023
yinkeys:

Can you pls add me to an active python group.
Thanks
I currently don't know if any, but I belong to some on Discord, Telegram and Facebook.

Try to type in the group you want on any of the social media platforms you are familiar with.
Re: All You Need To Become A Web3.0/Blockchain Developer in 2023/2024. by Easyincome24: 5:45pm On Nov 12, 2023
Tbizey1:
Interested in this..but how do I start from or where do I start pls?

Great to know you are interested. There are some Bootcamps both paid and free online.

You can learn either self-teaching such as using online materials and YouTube.
Another way is that, search for physical IT training centres near you.

I have listed all the courses already, so ensure these guide you through.

HTML+CSS+JavaScript are the three fundamentals before delving into other frameworks/libraries.

Do let me know if you still need help.
Re: All You Need To Become A Web3.0/Blockchain Developer in 2023/2024. by TONY042(m): 9:25am On Nov 13, 2023
Boss, what's the best mobile app to start learning HTML?

1 Like

Re: All You Need To Become A Web3.0/Blockchain Developer in 2023/2024. by Easyincome24: 9:44am On Nov 13, 2023
TONY042:
Boss, what's the best mobile app to start learning HTML?
-
+Code editor
+DroidEdit
+Repl.it
+Dcoder
+Mimo
+Encode

Or go to your mobile playstore and check for coding apps.
Re: All You Need To Become A Web3.0/Blockchain Developer in 2023/2024. by TONY042(m): 9:47am On Nov 13, 2023
Easyincome24:
- +Code editor +DroidEdit +Repl.it +Dcoder +Mimo +Encode
Or go to your mobile playstore and check for coding apps.
okay, thank you.

1 Like

Re: All You Need To Become A Web3.0/Blockchain Developer in 2023/2024. by Afonja2000: 8:10am On Nov 14, 2023
Easyincome24:

Great to know you are interested. There are some Bootcamps both paid and free online.

You can learn either self-teaching such as using online materials and YouTube.
Another way is that, search for physical IT training centres near you.

I have listed all the courses already, so ensure these guide you through.

HTML+CSS+JavaScript are the three fundamentals before delving into other frameworks/libraries.

Do let me know if you still need help.
Boss since one can create a full functional website with WordPress and others, is there still need to learn HTML+CSS+JavaScript? Please educate me, I'm confused

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Takeaway From Learning Devops At 40 / To The Programmer's Wife - Relationships Make You More Productive / Optimizations: Some Sketchy Rants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.