Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

Discover How To Be A Blockchain Developer & Blockchain Engineer - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Discover How To Be A Blockchain Developer & Blockchain Engineer (5429 Views)

What Is The Roadmap To Becoming A Blockchain Developer / Become A Blockchain Developer / I Need A Blockchain System For My Wordpress Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Discover How To Be A Blockchain Developer & Blockchain Engineer by ezechidera(m): 10:43am On Oct 18, 2021
You may be a Software developer that can code in Java, Python, Go, C#, etc. You may even have experience in using Frameworks and Apis to provide solutions.

But guess what? There is a major shift in the tech space. The industry is changing at a rapid rate. With the sudden boom of Blockchain & Cryptocurrency, there is a huge demand for the development of Blockchain applications, Not just outside Africa, but in Nigeria.

Venture capital investors and Angel investors are on the lookout for startups that rely on blockchain in developing their business solutions. That is why Bitmama, the only blockchain-backed startup in Nigeria closed a funding of $350k.

The highest-paid software developers are the blockchain Engineers and Developers.
The least blockchain developer, that is junior developers earn $96,000 per year. imagine what a senior developer earns.

Nigeria is known for cheap labour, that is why most remote tech companies from the USA, UK, Germany, etc outsource their work to software developers at a cheaper rate.

I am a Blockchain developer working for a remote tech company in the USA. I am paid $8,000 per month as a senior developer.
Not only that, I do free-lance that earns me $20k, some go as high as $50k.

In Lagos currently, Some of my colleague that works in Bitmama earns as little as N200k per month

The Demand is High. There are few developers in this space.

Even if you are already a developer, You can find yourself a good tutor and gradually upgrade. So that in less than 6 months, you should be able to start a project effectively.

There is huge Money to be Made in Tech especially if you work for Remote Tech Companies all from your house.

Have a Good day.

8 Likes

Re: Discover How To Be A Blockchain Developer & Blockchain Engineer by JosephXavier: 1:46pm On Oct 18, 2021
I am still learning Java, though I'm not yet good at it

So how do I get a tutor on this
Re: Discover How To Be A Blockchain Developer & Blockchain Engineer by Lorex6: 3:54pm On Oct 18, 2021
Boss, can I pm you?

ezechidera:
You may be a Software developer that can code in Java, Python, Go, C#, etc. You may even have experience in using Frameworks and Apis to provide solutions.

But guess what? There is a major shift in the tech space. The industry is changing at a rapid rate. With the sudden boom of Blockchain & Cryptocurrency, there is a huge demand for the development of Blockchain applications, Not just outside Africa, but in Nigeria.

Venture capital investors and Angel investors are on the lookout for startups that rely on blockchain in developing their business solutions. That is why Bitmama, the only blockchain-backed startup in Nigeria closed a funding of $350k.

The highest-paid software developers are the blockchain Engineers and Developers.
The least blockchain developer, that is junior developers earn $96,000 per year. imagine what a senior developer earns.

Nigeria is known for cheap labour, that is why most remote tech companies from the USA, UK, Germany, etc outsource their work to software developers at a cheaper rate.

I am a Blockchain developer working for a remote tech company in the USA. I am paid $8,000 per month as a senior developer.

In Lagos currently, Some of my colleague that works in Bitmama earns as little as N200k per month

Even if you are already a developer, You can find yourself a good tutor and gradually upgrade. So that in less than 6 months, you should be able to start a project effectively.

There is huge Money to be Made in Tech especially if you work for Remote Tech Companies all from your house.

Have a Good day.
Re: Discover How To Be A Blockchain Developer & Blockchain Engineer by spartan117(m): 4:24pm On Oct 18, 2021
Nice one @ezechidera. If I may ask what path did you take in becoming a Blockchain developer?
I'm looking to switch from MERN stack to Blockchain next year and I'm thinking of signing up for Dapp university Blockchain course next month.

1 Like

Re: Discover How To Be A Blockchain Developer & Blockchain Engineer by MrCurious: 6:11pm On Oct 18, 2021
ezechidera:

Have a Good day.
Can you clone Ethereum blockchain for me like binance did with their binance smart chain?

I’ve got an incrrdible business idea, please reply back if it’s possible for you.
Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Discover How To Be A Blockchain Developer & Blockchain Engineer by noob03saibot(m): 6:03am On Oct 19, 2021
spartan117:
Nice one @ezechidera. If I may ask what path did you take in becoming a Blockchain developer?
I'm looking to switch from MERN stack to Blockchain next year and I'm thinking of signing up for Dapp university Blockchain course next month.
Bro, please hope you don't mind me asking, but why do you want to switch from mern? I know block chain is crazy money, but does being a mern stack developer really worth it? Job wise and money wise?
Re: Discover How To Be A Blockchain Developer & Blockchain Engineer by spartan117(m): 7:30am On Oct 19, 2021
noob03saibot:

Bro, please hope you don't mind me asking, but why do you want to switch from mern? I know block chain is crazy money, but does being a mern stack developer really worth it? Job wise and money wise?
MERN stack is still in high demand and I'm currently employed and earning as a MERN developer. I'm simply upskilling and positioning myself to earn more by learning Blockchain.

I don't regret learning MERN nor do I plan to abandon it, infact most Blockchain courses that I've gone through list JavaScript and React JS as requirements. These are skills that I'm already proficient in due to my MERN stack background. So learning MERN is definitely worth it.

1 Like

Re: Discover How To Be A Blockchain Developer & Blockchain Engineer by noob03saibot(m): 8:41am On Oct 19, 2021
spartan117:

MERN stack is still in high demand and I'm currently employed and earning as a MERN developer. I'm simply upskilling and positioning myself to earn more by learning Blockchain.

I don't regret learning MERN nor do I plan to abandon it, infact most Blockchain courses that I've gone through list JavaScript and React JS as requirements. These are skills that I'm already proficient in due to my MERN stack background. So learning MERN is definitely worth it.
good. Thanks for this
Re: Discover How To Be A Blockchain Developer & Blockchain Engineer by ezechidera(m): 11:33am On Oct 19, 2021
You guys should read this post well. I used the word UPGRADE. I did not say DUMP whatever things that is working for you. Please do not miss quote me.

Please bear with me. I will answer all your questions one at at time

4 Likes

Re: Discover How To Be A Blockchain Developer & Blockchain Engineer by Lindner: 12:22pm On Oct 19, 2021
ezechidera:

Have a Good day.

This is exactly what I've been saying. It's not until when the blockchain ecosystem becomes saturated that people will now start making effort. We need to understand the times.

The best decision I made early this year was that I pivoted as full stack developer to blockchain development. If you have some experience, the demand is crazy and the pay is insane. My first pay as a blockchain developer with a US company almost drove me mad for the first few days even though I had little blockchain work experience.

It's not necessary to abandon your current tech stack, but if you find passion in blockchain development, please do not hesitate. Its happening already.

4 Likes

Re: Discover How To Be A Blockchain Developer & Blockchain Engineer by Damres: 6:06pm On Oct 19, 2021
Weldone Sir, my younger brother just finished his secondary school but unfortunate unable to make jamb cut off mark. I want him to have programming knowledge pending the time he will get admitted into university instead of wasting time (eating, sleeping) at home.

Your advice is highly welcome.

Please help a brother. Thanks
0 8 1 6 8 9 8 6 5 1 4

2 Likes

Re: Discover How To Be A Blockchain Developer & Blockchain Engineer by Nickisindigo(m): 8:53am On Oct 20, 2021
Damres:
Weldone Sir, my younger brother just finished his secondary school but unfortunate unable to make jamb cut off mark. I want him to have programming knowledge pending the time he will get admitted into university instead of wasting time (eating, sleeping) at home.

0 8 1 6 8 9 8 6 5 1 4

The problem is that he might not want going to the university again after getting good at programming

5 Likes

Re: Discover How To Be A Blockchain Developer & Blockchain Engineer by Damres: 3:01pm On Oct 20, 2021
Ogami, him not wanting to go university after learning programming, I personally don't see that as a setback. In as much he's very good in it and doing great with his life.

Degree(s) doesn't guarantee one success . It's what you have in your brain that you have to offer people now pay for.

Please you gurus should help me out because I'm planning to bring him to Lagos by January and I reside at Lagos island (Sangotedo Ajah).

Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Discover How To Be A Blockchain Developer & Blockchain Engineer by KVNGQ: 3:23pm On Oct 20, 2021
ezechidera:

Have a Good day.
For learning blockchain development as a beginner, how much of web development do i need to learn
Re: Discover How To Be A Blockchain Developer & Blockchain Engineer by lordally(m): 7:19pm On Oct 20, 2021
Damres:
Ogami, him not wanting to go university after learning programming, I personally don't see that as a setback. In as much he's very good in it and doing great with his life.

Degree(s) doesn't guarantee one success . It's what you have in your brain that you have to offer people now pay for.

Please you gurus should help me out because I'm planning to bring him to Lagos by January and I reside at Lagos island (Sangotedo Ajah).

Thanks

Bring him to Lagos , buy him a laptop and I'll send you all the required videos he needs to become a Front end developer!!! I stay at Ajah too , ALASIA

3 Likes

Re: Discover How To Be A Blockchain Developer & Blockchain Engineer by Damres: 6:16pm On Oct 27, 2021
lordally:

Bring him to Lagos , buy him a laptop and I'll send you all the required videos he needs to become a Front end developer!!! I stay at Ajah too , ALASIA

Ok boss, can you please list me if there are other requirements needed for me to start making plans for ( like having some savings). Thanks
Re: Discover How To Be A Blockchain Developer & Blockchain Engineer by 4dor: 6:34pm On Oct 27, 2021
Damres:

0 8 1 6 8 9 8 6 5 1 4
Instead of sitting at home for a year, let him attend altschool and get a diploma in software engineering.

https://altschoolafrica.com/

3 Likes

Re: Discover How To Be A Blockchain Developer & Blockchain Engineer by Nickisindigo(m): 7:17pm On Oct 27, 2021
4dor:

Instead of sitting at home for a year, let him attend altschool and get a diploma in software engineering.

You work for talentQL

2 Likes

Re: Discover How To Be A Blockchain Developer & Blockchain Engineer by lordally(m): 7:29pm On Oct 27, 2021
Damres:

Ok boss, can you please list me if there are other requirements needed for me to start making plans for ( like having some savings). Thanks

Laptop
Nepa
Software development course ( I'll provide )
Are the major thing he needs then Data ...over all na determination

1 Like

Re: Discover How To Be A Blockchain Developer & Blockchain Engineer by The5DME(m): 10:22pm On Oct 27, 2021
lordally:

Laptop
Nepa
Software development course ( I'll provide )
Are the major thing he needs then Data ...over all na determination
please bro, I need the courses too. I have a Laptop. I live around Ikeja environs.
Re: Discover How To Be A Blockchain Developer & Blockchain Engineer by lordally(m): 10:31pm On Oct 27, 2021
The5DME:
please bro, I need the courses too. I have a Laptop. I live around Ikeja environs.

I stay at Ajah... So if interested, you would have to locate me for the videos
Re: Discover How To Be A Blockchain Developer & Blockchain Engineer by 4dor: 8:47am On Oct 28, 2021
Nickisindigo:

You work for talentQL
No
Re: Discover How To Be A Blockchain Developer & Blockchain Engineer by Avast(m): 9:38am On Oct 28, 2021
4dor:

Morning boss

Do you have any experience with microverse.org

1 Like

Re: Discover How To Be A Blockchain Developer & Blockchain Engineer by ezechidera(m): 1:03pm On Oct 30, 2021
I am a Blockchain remote Developer. I do not have the time to sit down and Teach anyone.
But, This is where I started, I got access to all the 100+ videos and materials I use today.
You can start from there. Progress steadily - Good luck guys
https://www.codeacademy.ga/

2 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Discover How To Be A Blockchain Developer & Blockchain Engineer by ezechidera(m): 7:29pm On Nov 01, 2021
spartan117:

There is no Nigerian Based Academy that does it best yet. Use Code Academy - These tutors are not Nigerian. The tutors are from MIT and Pearson.
Re: Discover How To Be A Blockchain Developer & Blockchain Engineer by Blesschemical: 10:04pm On Nov 01, 2021
ezechidera:
I am a Blockchain remote Developer. I do not have the time to sit down and Teach anyone.
But, This is where I started, I got access to all the 100+ videos and materials I use today.
You can start from there. Progress steadily - Good luck guys
https://www.codeacademy.ga/
Please does the link expire?

1 Like

Re: Discover How To Be A Blockchain Developer & Blockchain Engineer by ezechidera(m): 11:57pm On Nov 02, 2021
Blesschemical:
Please does the link expire?
what do you mean
Re: Discover How To Be A Blockchain Developer & Blockchain Engineer by Blesschemical: 1:08am On Nov 03, 2021
ezechidera:

what do you mean
what i mean is the personal access to the Software Development Using Blockchain technology link from codeacademy
Re: Discover How To Be A Blockchain Developer & Blockchain Engineer by ezechidera(m): 11:51am On Nov 03, 2021
Blesschemical:
what i mean is the personal access to the Software Development Using Blockchain technology link from codeacademy
I am not sure. Mine did not expire after I had paid for my training. You should contact their customer support.
Re: Discover How To Be A Blockchain Developer & Blockchain Engineer by spartan117(m): 5:54am On Nov 04, 2021
ezechidera:

There is no Nigerian Based Academy that does it best yet. Use Code Academy - These tutors are not Nigerian. The tutors are from MIT and Pearson.
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My C++ CGPA Calculator Program / Web Development Using Java / Puzzle of the day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.