Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,137 members, 7,818,426 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

Extortion: Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Removal Of Meiran DPO - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Extortion: Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Removal Of Meiran DPO (27052 Views)

Lagos CP Orders Removal Of Okokomaiko DPO Over Extortion / Cultism: Rival Lagos Schoolboys Clash In Meiran / Shoot Any Cultists Found With Firearm, Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Officers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Extortion: Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Removal Of Meiran DPO by Brizzle93: 6:23pm On Oct 18, 2023
U see that station ehn, Dem show me shege promax that year...I remember Inspector Ade, chaii, dat em squad sabi pepper person
Re: Extortion: Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Removal Of Meiran DPO by jceesquare(m): 6:29pm On Oct 18, 2023
Daniel7543:
na meiran side I dey stay sef… I sabi the police station for dat ilewe junction… na so so bad news I dey always hear about those officers, dem too dey corrupt for dat meiran police station.
I can relate.
I pass there everyday and see the rubbish they do everyday. Same with Ile-epo Police station.
Re: Extortion: Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Removal Of Meiran DPO by Coldie(m): 6:32pm On Oct 18, 2023
I support this 100%, I wish it would be deployed in all security sectors.

Nigeria has too much unemployment for people to get a job and be misbehaving.

I recommend their sack and replacement.

Nigerian army needs to copy this for army men who go out of their way to assault civilians over civilian issues.

A friend of mine once had issues with a prostitute and she called a soldier for him, out of army and soldier influence they beat and intimidated him. They forced him into a gutter and were flogging him, just because na soldier.

It shouldn't be so.
Re: Extortion: Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Removal Of Meiran DPO by Calitoscassius(m): 6:39pm On Oct 18, 2023
This what happens in a country where wanted criminals are recruited into the police force. grin
Re: Extortion: Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Removal Of Meiran DPO by MrNipplesLover(m): 6:43pm On Oct 18, 2023
Na Ogun go kill all of Una together...

Re: Extortion: Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Removal Of Meiran DPO by easzypeaszy(m): 6:46pm On Oct 18, 2023
Daniel7543:
na meiran side I dey stay sef… I sabi the police station for dat ilewe junction… na so so bad news I dey always hear about those officers, dem too dey corrupt for dat meiran police station.
If dey left Elere Agege and remove Meiran, dey nvr ready.
Re: Extortion: Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Removal Of Meiran DPO by harbarzzy(m): 6:55pm On Oct 18, 2023
Daniel7543:
Ile iwe, Meiran..They collected N20k from me and my friend last month..After settled the Napep that we bashed..They asked for 100k until we settled for 20k after they delayed us from 8am till 3pm
Re: Extortion: Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Removal Of Meiran DPO by BennyDGreat: 6:57pm On Oct 18, 2023
joseph1832:
Na so. The complainant should be careful now, these policemen have this tendency to be ruthless whenever their evil and thieving ways are unearth.

I hope he gets justice because the evidence is very thin and aside his brother, the only person who can corroborate his story is the POS vendor.

The investigation has been done. The PRO is just giving an update on how the policemen involved have been identified.

1 Like

Re: Extortion: Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Removal Of Meiran DPO by Hedonisco: 7:07pm On Oct 18, 2023
What does "removal" mean? Does it mean that he will be 'removed' from the Police Force completely and made to face trial for extortion? Or does it merely mean that he would be removed as DPO of the division and simply redeployed to yet another division as DPO to continue his madness?

We are not serious in this country.

2 Likes

Re: Extortion: Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Removal Of Meiran DPO by newoffer: 7:26pm On Oct 18, 2023
The only way is to avoid this criminal outfit. When I see how they maltreat fellow Nigerian I get so boiled like what is this nonsense. They are hustlers.
Re: Extortion: Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Removal Of Meiran DPO by Judolisco(m): 7:37pm On Oct 18, 2023
EdiskyHarry:
The NPF contributes about 60% of the problems we have in Nigeria.
no be ur brothers and sisters dey d NPF.... Face it Nigerians are jst corrupt

1 Like

Re: Extortion: Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Removal Of Meiran DPO by Judolisco(m): 7:39pm On Oct 18, 2023
Hedonisco:
What does "removal" mean? Does it mean that he will be 'removed' from the Police Force completely and made to face trial for extortion? Or does it merely mean that he would be removed as DPO of the division and simply redeployed to yet another division as DPO to continue his madness?

no be dpo offend... Na him boys
Re: Extortion: Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Removal Of Meiran DPO by oluxy(m): 7:43pm On Oct 18, 2023
naptu2:
SP Benjamin Hundeyin @BenHundeyin

@BenHundeyin

They know how to open criminals faces but police painted Thier faces.
Let us see their faces.
Re: Extortion: Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Removal Of Meiran DPO by naptu2: 7:49pm On Oct 18, 2023
Hedonisco:

There are processes. The commissioner of police has no power to just remove him from the police force, but he can remove him from his position as DPO. He is undergoing orderly room trial, therefore he cannot be transferred to another place to act as DPO.

The result of the orderly room trial will be a punishment recommendation. It could be dismissal, it could be demotion, etc. Then the convening authority will accept or reject the recommendation.

It's after this process that he can be made to stand trial if necessary.

He has rights and the police must respect his rights and follow the process, otherwise he can sue them.

1 Like

Re: Extortion: Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Removal Of Meiran DPO by Hedonisco: 7:53pm On Oct 18, 2023
Judolisco:
no be dpo offend... Na him boys

E be like say you no read the complete news here. No make me vex this night.

2 Likes

Re: Extortion: Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Removal Of Meiran DPO by juman(m): 7:56pm On Oct 18, 2023
Nigerian police oleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
All of them should die.
Re: Extortion: Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Removal Of Meiran DPO by juman(m): 7:59pm On Oct 18, 2023
Nigerian police is the worstest police force in the world.
Oleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Read through the thread.
Nigerian police is horrible.
They are thieves.
Oleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Re: Extortion: Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Removal Of Meiran DPO by juman(m): 8:00pm On Oct 18, 2023
Jagaban is failing nigerians in that aspect.
Re: Extortion: Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Removal Of Meiran DPO by PHAYOL81: 8:13pm On Oct 18, 2023
Jennyclay:
End-sars part 2 is loading undecided.

Bunch of criminals in black uniform!!

How? Report was made, investigation followed and the officers found culpable are being PROSECUTED already. So, what else d'you guys want? Why hoping for an(-other) unrest when good measures are ongoing to stop the menace.

SHA, nobody is stopping you from staging another UNREST under whatever GUISE you like but don't bring any of it down to the SOUTHWEST, most especially, not around/in Lagos state
Re: Extortion: Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Removal Of Meiran DPO by Judolisco(m): 8:22pm On Oct 18, 2023
Hedonisco:

E be like say you no read the complete news here. No make me vex this night.
no vex bro... Me jst assume say na normal police runs.... D dpo no get sense... He'll be dealt with definitely... Eno fit escape am
Re: Extortion: Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Removal Of Meiran DPO by Radicalhost: 8:51pm On Oct 18, 2023
Many have been locked up for similar reasons like this and many also are in prisons for reasons like this, imagine a DPO who is supposed to be incharge of a station is doing this level of injustice, what will his boys do. Officers who act against their assignments are doing so with orders, know this.

Let all evil officers meet same waterloo.
naptu2:

https://punchng.com/phone-dealer-accuses-policemen-of-extortion/

Re: Extortion: Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Removal Of Meiran DPO by Warmaterial(m): 9:00pm On Oct 18, 2023
Dey way I hate 9ja police ehh. Very heartless sets of people. If my brother today joins 9ja police he's no longer my brother he can backstab you anytime.
Re: Extortion: Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Removal Of Meiran DPO by GetMeRight: 9:25pm On Oct 18, 2023
Ekejoestar:
Extortion in police force is a big issue and it makes the police to neglect their duties all because of "OWO EGUNJE", the only way to checkmate the vices bedeviling the force is to increase the welfare package of the men of the force but doing so means that our politicians can no longer control them like zombies.
The only way! The wrong way. You can increase their salaries and other welfare packages but won't stop the extortion. Task force, IG monitoring team, reporting them through all the available channels are effective methods
Re: Extortion: Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Removal Of Meiran DPO by VULCAN(m): 10:30pm On Oct 18, 2023
Your prescription is false.

Some politicians earn 1000 times more than policemen...

Has that stopped them from stealing?

Ekejoestar:
Extortion in police force is a big issue and it makes the police to neglect their duties all because of "OWO EGUNJE", the only way to checkmate the vices bedeviling the force is to increase the welfare package of the men of the force but doing so means that our politicians can no longer control them like zombies.
Re: Extortion: Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Removal Of Meiran DPO by neatideas: 12:43am On Oct 19, 2023
We only have a few good ones among NPF, The remaining ones will retired in penury .
Re: Extortion: Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Removal Of Meiran DPO by Berankis: 4:00am On Oct 19, 2023
I will continue to say it The Police under the Egbetokun will fail like never before. IGP Egbetokun should be removed, he is indulging the policemen to extort Nigerians.
He will fail woefully in the coming days...
Re: Extortion: Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Removal Of Meiran DPO by Yampotatocarrot(m): 5:46am On Oct 19, 2023
naptu2:

There are processes. The commissioner of police has no power to just remove him from the police force, but he can remove him from his position as DPO. He is undergoing orderly room trial, therefore he cannot be transferred to another place to act as DPO.

The result of the orderly room trial will be a punishment recommendation. It could be dismissal, it could be demotion, etc. Then the convening authority will accept or reject the recommendation.

It's after this process that he can be made to stand trial if necessary.

He has rights and the police must respect his rights and follow the process, otherwise he can sue them.

Now he has rights? What of those they extort?

I wish we can see trials that have followed this path you listed
Re: Extortion: Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Removal Of Meiran DPO by naptu2: 5:48am On Oct 19, 2023
Yampotatocarrot:

Now he has rights? What of those they extort?

I wish we can see trials that have followed this path you listed

Of course he has rights and those that they extort also have rights. Are you trying to say that he doesn't have rights?

The Imo State Police Command has dismissed and charged to Court seven ex-policemen who were arrested on 08/11/2022 at about 1300hrs, in a bank at Umuahia, Abia State, in the course of performing illegal duty outside their jurisdiction and conspiracy to extort money from an innocent victim.

https://dailypost.ng/2022/12/22/imo-police-dismisses-seven-officers-for-extortion/

Police officer under trial for extortion of N350,000 in Imo
https://dailynigerian.com/police-officer-trial-extortion/

Do you know that policemen that have been dismissed without due process have sued the police and won?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Extortion: Lagos Police Commissioner Orders Removal Of Meiran DPO by ToladolVentures(m): 3:58pm On Oct 19, 2023
This is sad!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Troops Repel Terrorist's Attack In Baga, Kill 10 (PHOTO) / Bandits Shot Girl In The Breast In Sokoto, Kill Three Men (Photo) / 30-Year-Old Man Impregnates 18-Year-Old Mad Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.