Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,301 members, 7,811,893 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:33 PM

Ndume: Why I Left Chamber After Akpabio Interrupted My Thought - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndume: Why I Left Chamber After Akpabio Interrupted My Thought (33652 Views)

EFCC Declares Tompolo Wanted Five Days After Akpabio Visited Him / Ndume: Why Buhari Can’t Appoint New Service Chiefs / 1000 APC Members Join PDP In Akwa Ibom After Akpabio’s Defection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ndume: Why I Left Chamber After Akpabio Interrupted My Thought by 2mercy: 5:18pm On Oct 18, 2023
Senator Ali Ndume, Chief Whip of the Senate, has clarified the reason he left the chamber after tackling Senate President Godswill Akpabio, on Tuesday.

During plenary, Ndume brought the Senate’s attention to what he felt were violations.

Ndume invoked a point of order to alert Akpabio to “procedural infringements” in the chamber, which went against established parliamentary protocol.

The Senate President refused to allow Ndume to complete his speech and the lawmaker exited the chamber afterwards.

However, in an interview with BBC Hausa, Ndume explained his reason for leaving when the debate on a matter related to the closing of Nigeria’s borders was being debated.

He explained that the situation originated “when Senator Kawu Sumaila proposed a motion which he said was urgent on closing the border between Nigeria and Niger.

“At first, it was argued that the motion was not urgent, but the president of the Senate let him finish what he wanted to say.

“After hearing the motion, it was agreed that since it is related to security, it should be suspended.”

According to him, it was at that point he wanted to explain the importance of the motion to the chamber, but the Senate President denied him the opportunity to speak.

“I would like to clarify that the motion, although impactful, falls outside the jurisdiction of the Nigerian Senate.

“The closure of the border was not initiated by the President of Nigeria, but rather during his tenure as President of ECOWAS. As such, he has the authority to advocate on our behalf.

“In order to address this matter, it is imperative to involve the President of our nation, but I was not afforded the opportunity to convey this message.

“While this was happening, it coincided with the time of prayer, prompting my departure. Consequently, my colleagues misconstrued my exit, and the journalists changed the meaning of my exit,” Ndume said.

He said he told his deputy that he was going to pray, and then he left.

https://dailytrust.com/ndume-why-i-left-chamber-after-akpabio-interrupted-my-thought/

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ndume: Why I Left Chamber After Akpabio Interrupted My Thought by Dubetex96(m): 5:20pm On Oct 18, 2023
Ali Ndume is a politician that u can't mess with infact he is a no nonsense man.

He should keep it up

Those of them ass licking Akpabio should kwantinue

Time shall tell

35 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ndume: Why I Left Chamber After Akpabio Interrupted My Thought by wittywriter: 5:23pm On Oct 18, 2023
These people are unserious and selfish as usual .
The worst crop of hallow chamber members so far.

No meaningful plenary session that has direct impact for citizens ...what impact will his useless walk away bring?
Nonstop nonsense !
AngelicBeing:
lt is called chop l chop National Assembly members void of Law making that will assuage the endemic suffering and hardship in Nigeria, the law makers aka breakers are modern day Pharaohs enforcing Egyptian hardship on Nigerians, Nigeria needs a Moses to lead them out of Egyptian bondage and a Joshua to lead them to Their Canaanland shocked
No better way to narrate it...apt.

Wittyness

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndume: Why I Left Chamber After Akpabio Interrupted My Thought by tishbite42: 5:53pm On Oct 18, 2023
Man up

1 Like

Re: Ndume: Why I Left Chamber After Akpabio Interrupted My Thought by richiemcgold: 5:59pm On Oct 18, 2023
Cutting the long story short; what Ndume said in a nutshell is that he left the chambers for prayer.

...let's not forget that Nigeria is ranked amongst the world's most prayerful countries. But unfortunately, na so so prayer we dey see; no tangible action, no meaningful result.

68 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ndume: Why I Left Chamber After Akpabio Interrupted My Thought by seunmsg(m): 6:07pm On Oct 18, 2023
Dubetex96:
Ali Ndume is a politician that u can mess with infact he is a no nonsense man.

He should keep it up

Those of them ass licking Akpabio should kwantinue

He was suspended for 6 months and then removed as senate leader by Saraki during the eight senate. When he came back, Saraki did not even allow him to give a thank you speech to the senate. He kept quiet and respected himself till the end of the 8th assembly.

No one is bigger than the system. The system will mess him up if he refused to respect himself. He’s no King Kong.

80 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Ndume: Why I Left Chamber After Akpabio Interrupted My Thought by saintkel(m): 6:10pm On Oct 18, 2023
ThatFairGuy1:
Whatever rocks your boat

I stand with the people of Palestine against the Terrorist Land grabbing Israel.
Fvck the cursed Jews and whatever they stands for
make sure u stand very well cos we no send una again

10 Likes

Re: Ndume: Why I Left Chamber After Akpabio Interrupted My Thought by Chijeep(m): 6:11pm On Oct 18, 2023
abeg we don tire for this kind news, make una pour money out make we too feel the vibes. We no ask 4 too much we no request for electric cars

5 Likes

Re: Ndume: Why I Left Chamber After Akpabio Interrupted My Thought by kennyz247(m): 6:11pm On Oct 18, 2023
Wahala no dey finish for APC

1 Like

Re: Ndume: Why I Left Chamber After Akpabio Interrupted My Thought by Project360: 6:12pm On Oct 18, 2023
Please am here for business, am available now...

👇👇👇

Contact me for your academic assignment thesis,power point presentation, proposal, article, available for any field of writing using Turnitin provide quality works just WhatsApp me below
Re: Ndume: Why I Left Chamber After Akpabio Interrupted My Thought by Dubetex96(m): 6:12pm On Oct 18, 2023
seunmsg:

He was suspended for 6 months and then removed as senate leader by Saraki during the eight senate. When he came back, Saraki did not even allow him to give a thank you speech to the senate. He kept quiet and respected himself till the end of the 8th assembly.

Did that stoped him from airing his opinions when it matters? the answer is No

1 Like

Re: Ndume: Why I Left Chamber After Akpabio Interrupted My Thought by iLoveYouToo(m): 6:13pm On Oct 18, 2023
The Foolish headless ones followed him out grin
Re: Ndume: Why I Left Chamber After Akpabio Interrupted My Thought by bennybuhari: 6:13pm On Oct 18, 2023
See im lips. Too much weed is bad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ndume: Why I Left Chamber After Akpabio Interrupted My Thought by easyfem(m): 6:13pm On Oct 18, 2023
Diz guys are very difficult to support , na so I was against SARAKI back then, thinking he is the bad one disturbing buari idea untill he left , I never knw buari is a empty brain man .... now the lawan crew keep approved so many loans and fake stupid project, wasting our money and resources....

So guys, dont support any of them oooo , they are all the same

6 Likes

Re: Ndume: Why I Left Chamber After Akpabio Interrupted My Thought by omolola100(f): 6:13pm On Oct 18, 2023
I dedicate peace by mohbad
Re: Ndume: Why I Left Chamber After Akpabio Interrupted My Thought by vincenteger: 6:14pm On Oct 18, 2023
This is just the beginning
If you like walk out a thousand times
It's non of my business

You all wanted him as Senate president

1 Like

Re: Ndume: Why I Left Chamber After Akpabio Interrupted My Thought by Digithubs22: 6:14pm On Oct 18, 2023
Good
Re: Ndume: Why I Left Chamber After Akpabio Interrupted My Thought by uncleck: 6:14pm On Oct 18, 2023
Too much political drama in the face of collapsing economy

1 Like

Re: Ndume: Why I Left Chamber After Akpabio Interrupted My Thought by Dittodat: 6:15pm On Oct 18, 2023
Yobabad:
Once a failed Country, always a failed Country
Failed brain on display.

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndume: Why I Left Chamber After Akpabio Interrupted My Thought by Passionate888: 6:17pm On Oct 18, 2023
Apc people sef

1 Like

Re: Ndume: Why I Left Chamber After Akpabio Interrupted My Thought by Port443: 6:17pm On Oct 18, 2023
seunmsg:

You are really shameless
Re: Ndume: Why I Left Chamber After Akpabio Interrupted My Thought by KpukpuyekePikin(f): 6:21pm On Oct 18, 2023
If not for a complex idiot like Tinubu, why would someone as foolish and corrupt as Akpabio be parading himself as senate president? Birds of a feather flock together.

4 Likes

Re: Ndume: Why I Left Chamber After Akpabio Interrupted My Thought by Memphis357(m): 6:22pm On Oct 18, 2023
I miss the days of The Bukola Saraki led National Assembly. Akpabio is a straight up clown.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndume: Why I Left Chamber After Akpabio Interrupted My Thought by Zico5(m): 6:23pm On Oct 18, 2023
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Customs Hands Over Seized Helicopters To NAF At Lagos Airport / Governor Akeredolu Reacts Agboola Ajayi's Detention By The State Police / Cattle Traders Chase Police, Enugu Officials With AK- 47 - Punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.