Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,653 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

Can The United Nations Be Sued By Any Country Or Individual? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can The United Nations Be Sued By Any Country Or Individual? (15877 Views)

Bayelsa: Who Is On The Ballot , Party Or Individual? / Adebayo Shittu Sued By Victor Oluwadamilere, Ex Aide Over Unpaid Salaries / Oshiomhole: I Would Have Sued Doctors That Wrongly Diagnosed My Wife, Clara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can The United Nations Be Sued By Any Country Or Individual? by seguno2: 12:39am On Oct 19, 2023
mariovito:
1.This here is a very informative and educative post.

2. I never gave it a thought about the legal liability of the UN.

3. I think it's time the UN charter is reviewed to allow aggrieved persons and entities to sue the UN.

4. It'll make room for better responsibility, accountability and acceptance among the people because you can't be wielding such enormous powers and still shield your self from being held responsible for your actions.

5. In quoting Pirelli the tyre company , Power is nothing without control. Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely or well except the aim is to bestow absolute power in a few so they can corrupt absolutely.

6. It will take away or assuage the distrust developing nations have towards the UN as a tool of western imperialism.

You have made an excellent comment on this very informative and educational thread.

Your Pirelli ad quote is so accurate for this situation. Remain blessed as you work to enlighten others about your excellent worldview.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can The United Nations Be Sued By Any Country Or Individual? by Ahigbo1: 12:45am On Oct 19, 2023
You may win the argument with UN, but you'll lose the case grin
Re: Can The United Nations Be Sued By Any Country Or Individual? by rafcrown(m): 12:55am On Oct 19, 2023
So the minister is just seeking attention and fooling her people.
Re: Can The United Nations Be Sued By Any Country Or Individual? by DMerciful(m): 2:32am On Oct 19, 2023
UN is too credible to require enforcement. If they attempt to disobey an order of a competent court, they lose credibility and their resolutions cannot be obeyed by erring countries
uncleck:
Let's even assume you can sue the UN and you win, who will enforce the judgment?

1 Like

Re: Can The United Nations Be Sued By Any Country Or Individual? by mariovito(m): 6:48am On Oct 19, 2023
seguno2:

You have made an excellent comment on this very informative and educational thread.

Your Pirelli ad quote is so accurate for this situation. Remain blessed as you work to enlighten others about your excellent worldview.

Thanks brother for your kind words.

We in this together, if each one teach one, the world will be a little better and more habitable.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can The United Nations Be Sued By Any Country Or Individual? by mariovito(m): 6:49am On Oct 19, 2023
DMerciful:
UN is too credible to require enforcement. If they attempt to disobey an order of a competent court, they lose credibility and their resolutions cannot be obeyed by erring countries

Thank you, people forget that the power UN have is because of the constituent nations that are party to its charter.

After all, if we are to go by the original commenter's view, even Nation governments will not bee liable for their actions because who will enforce a judgement you secure against them seeing that governments control all the apparatchik of enforcement and power within their territories.

But we see that yes, judgements can be enforced against national government, the same modus can be used to enforce judgements against the UN.

1 Like

Re: Can The United Nations Be Sued By Any Country Or Individual? by mariovito(m): 6:57am On Oct 19, 2023
Patrioticman007:
UN is a corporate body, they can be sued

They SHOULD be sued.
Re: Can The United Nations Be Sued By Any Country Or Individual? by goldsmith007: 11:55am On Oct 19, 2023
If a font is missing or not displaying correctly on a mobile preview of a website or application, there could be several reasons for this issue. Here are some common steps to diagnose and potentially resolve the problem:

Web Font Loading: If you're using custom web fonts on your website or application, ensure that the font files and font-face declarations are correctly loaded. Check the CSS code to make sure you've specified the font family and font file paths correctly. Verify that the font files are accessible from mobile devices.

Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (CORS): If your font files are hosted on a different domain, ensure that Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (CORS) headers are properly configured on the server where the font www.joelsimon.art files are hosted. This is essential to allow mobile devices to access the font files from a different domain.

Mobile Compatibility: Some fonts may not be well-supported on all mobile devices or browsers. Verify that the font you're using is compatible with the specific mobile devices and browsers you're targeting.

Font File Formats: Ensure that you've included various font file formats (e.g., WOFF, WOFF2, TTF, EOT) in your CSS to ensure compatibility across different browsers and devices.

Network Issues: Sometimes, font loading issues can be related to network problems. Check if your mobile device has a stable internet connection and can access the necessary resources.
Re: Can The United Nations Be Sued By Any Country Or Individual? by tnerro1(m): 1:04pm On Oct 19, 2023
Too much makeup has covered that woman’s brain
Re: Can The United Nations Be Sued By Any Country Or Individual? by ToladolVentures(m): 3:42pm On Oct 19, 2023
I don't know o. ask Chat GPT
Re: Can The United Nations Be Sued By Any Country Or Individual? by 1stGenAmerican(f): 6:54pm On Oct 19, 2023
The UN can’t be sued in a National or an International Court so who is going to hear the case? Five minutes of research would’ve taught this woman that and also about their ADRP. When people like this represent your country, it becomes very hard to be taken seriously.
Re: Can The United Nations Be Sued By Any Country Or Individual? by 1stGenAmerican(f): 6:58pm On Oct 19, 2023
makaveli902:

International Court of Justice. Hague

No. That isn’t a function of the ICJ.
Re: Can The United Nations Be Sued By Any Country Or Individual? by phymay: 10:03pm On Oct 22, 2023
Anybody can be sued
Re: Can The United Nations Be Sued By Any Country Or Individual? by 1stGenAmerican(f): 11:44pm On Oct 22, 2023
Biggiemike:

🎯 Degenerates have no business with Christianity & Judaism.
Keep harassing me, a woman in America that you don’t know now and will never know. You are nothing more than a big, closeted gay SISSY to harass and confront the politicians robbing your country blind, borrowing against your children’s futures, and keeping you caged in squalor. For 2 years straight, all you’ve done is harass and violate me by emailing me pictures of yourself and another Nigerian man having oral and anal sex as well as pictures of adults raping children and the moderators on this site do NOTHING. IF they ban you, you create a new moniker and immediately start emailing me pictures of you performing sexual acts with other men and small CHILDREN, you filthy, degenerate, born-loser! You are a SICK, mentally ill pervert OBSESSED with America and the supposed fall of the dollar while your own naira is so worthless, I wouldn’t use it to wipe my A$$ with. I hope your drug use, mental illness, and sickness that causes you to violate young Nigerian men and children of both sexes leads you straight to hell. Meanwhile, I haven’t experienced a power outage since a hurricane 5 years ago, I eat three meals and more if I chose to, and I don’t have to worry about the things that coward men like you ignore and leave for women in your country to worry sick about.
You made the moniker BiggieMike because you are obsessed with the white supremacist lie about Michelle Obama being a man. What’s funny is that Michelle Obama has more money and resources that your family will ever see for twelve generations. She does not piss outside or in a bucket nor does she worry where her next meal is coming from. You know who does all those things? YOU! That woman has panties that cost more than the amount of money you see in a month. Keep harassing me about BRICS, something you’re too daft to understand and something that your country will NEVER be a part of, while the value of your currently continues to sink deeper and deeper into the septic tank. Keep harassing me about Putin and Kim Jong, two me. Who wouldn’t piss on your psychotic black ass if you were on FIRE. They aren’t sending you grain or anything else.
Your wretched mother should’ve swallowed you but your dumb a$$ father couldn’t even aim right, you lowly piece of garbage.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Newspaper Threatens To Sue PDP For N7m Advert Debt / World Bank, IMF Put Pressure On Buhari To Come Up With Economic Blueprint / Mile 12: Lagos CP Orders Arrest Of 13 Leaders Of Warring Groups

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.