Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,366 members, 7,815,783 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

Fuel Scarcity Hits Again As NNPC Supply Collapses - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Scarcity Hits Again As NNPC Supply Collapses (13911 Views)

US Citizens Buy Fuel In Plastic Bags, Kegs As Fuel Scarcity Hits Some US States / Roland Ewubare Resigns As NNPC Chief Operating Officer / Buhari Appoints Mele Kyari As NNPC GMD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Again As NNPC Supply Collapses by Kukutente23: 7:51am On Oct 19, 2023
nairalanda1:
At the end of the day, with landing cost over N720, yet NNPC is selling below N700, what do ye expect.?

Petrol is flowing in other African countries because they don't have subsides. APC is keeping subsides, and the subsides are now becoming unsustainable.

I no like GEJ, but in 2011, he was right about removing subsides. Nigerians..(please don't come with Buhari decieved Nigerians, or tinubu decieved Nigerians, and yes, both of them were wrong to oppose GEJ on subsidy removal)..but Nigerians, said no then

Now here we are. We've run out of money to subsidise fuel. And we are still pretending.

Anyway, Nigerians want N40 fuel after all... cheesy
When the subsidy was removed, marketers couldn't import as well cause they were broke.
According to govt, there's no subsidy.
So why are you crying about subsidy again?

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Again As NNPC Supply Collapses by MirrorofChrist: 8:09am On Oct 19, 2023
Nigeria will rise again, we just need to learn a lesson of being biased, either Nigerian voted him or not, he's in power already. Our talks from now till time to come can't change any thing. We just need to face it headlong with everything at our disposal. Let's make it right by putting an end to racism, and start picturing a rise Nigeria
Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Again As NNPC Supply Collapses by ufotunang: 8:28am On Oct 19, 2023
Nawaoooo...see what APC and Tinubu has caused 🙄
Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Again As NNPC Supply Collapses by ufotunang: 8:29am On Oct 19, 2023
Renewed hope to renewed shege 🙄

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Again As NNPC Supply Collapses by ufotunang: 8:29am On Oct 19, 2023
What do you expect when you vote old men into power

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Again As NNPC Supply Collapses by Kukutente23: 8:38am On Oct 19, 2023
Wealthoptulent:

The only thing I am happy abt amidst all this Fuel saga, is the piece of their cake Fuel marketers are having as sales no dey for dem.

They are way too greedy mehn! Wickedness is in their hearts "all about GAINS".
We think Government is out only issues, where As na we send Reflection as representatives up there
How are they greedy? Do they sell fuel beyond approved price?
Government is our only issue in Nigeria. They don't care about the country. Only about what they are getting from it while they've employed some idiots to keep defending them online
Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Again As NNPC Supply Collapses by Afonjacrusder(f): 8:39am On Oct 19, 2023
[quote author =accordadoga25 post=126483412]

Let it be N12,000 per litre, Tinubu remains our president (Awa l’okan)

Your Agulu mandate thief was a disaster in Anambra but you still supported him during the presidential election so why won’t we support our own even if fuel price na 30k.

2nd term we will still vote him in again [/quote]

See who's talking! An impenitent ekiti begger. cheesy Continue ranting with an empty stomach just to feel among in a faceless forum. Hunger go finish you and your hungry mother.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Again As NNPC Supply Collapses by Afonjacrusder(f): 8:40am On Oct 19, 2023
accordadoga25:

Your Agulu mandate thief was a disaster in Anambra but you still supported him during the presidential election so why won’t we support our own even if fuel price na 30k.

2nd term we will still vote him in again

See who's talking! An impenitent ekiti begger. Continue ranting with an empty stomach just to feel among in a faceless forum. Hunger go finish you and your hungry mother.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Again As NNPC Supply Collapses by Jevica: 8:45am On Oct 19, 2023
accordadoga25:

2nd term we will still vote him in again

Why cant you be reasonable for once. you too is also feeling the heat with your starving family and you are here always spewing rubbish. Are you the only illiterate in Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Again As NNPC Supply Collapses by todugo(m): 9:03am On Oct 19, 2023
Burob:
Are you not ashamed?, every thing Tinubu.

Tinubu should fix Nigeria overnight in your faint misconstrued imagination, so that the lazy people like yourself that add no value to society will be enjoying?
Oga close your dirty mouth. If you have no constructive facts to spill. Your defending Tinubu as if he is not from the same APC party and one of the advocates of Buhari; who promised steady Power supply and 5naira to 1dollar and restoring security to Nigeria.

If tosay social media na something wey you go meet person one-on-one eh, na to waste you throwey. Idiot, supporting a government that spends trillions on new cars purchase every year in a dying economy.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Again As NNPC Supply Collapses by Billyddude: 9:05am On Oct 19, 2023
hotplate:
These people are pushing us... When Nigerians would react it might be the last straw and that will break the camels back

Nigerians no go do nothing bro, highest Nigerians will do na to protest mo bads death on empty stomach.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Again As NNPC Supply Collapses by emonis88: 9:05am On Oct 19, 2023
Where r those who were fighting Igbos in Lagos, they should come n fight the fuel scarcity that is threatening their candidate's tenor o!

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Again As NNPC Supply Collapses by mipeesoft(m): 9:24am On Oct 19, 2023
honestly to even think that among the people who are suffering in this country, we still found those who will defend this evil government with their blood, is that not an hopeless sign for the country?
Kurumaru:
I weep, each time I see some people still defending this government.
Intelligence is accepting that u are on a wrong road,and then re-routing. This government hasn't got anything right from day 1(at least,anything that concerns the common man).

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Again As NNPC Supply Collapses by Doris4ever(m): 10:18am On Oct 19, 2023
Most fuel station are already selling at N620 and above. They are anticipating for an official increase.

Meanwhile
I need a car for rental to be use for (uber and bolt business), to deliver weekly.

I’m ready to start work immediately.

If you are an intending investor/partner and you are willing to invest in uber/bolt business in Lagos

I’m very sincere and very careful in my endeavors.

I will handle your car with utmost care and you will have good return on your investment.

I am ready to pay weekly as agreed without any stories.

I will provide verifiable guarantor as needed.

I live in a gated compound, car security is guaranteed.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Again As NNPC Supply Collapses by nairalanda1(m): 10:22am On Oct 19, 2023
clinician2x:

It is not difficult.

Good morning Oga, I saw your post....

Here's what Peter will do.

Stop subsidy payment by 50% only so by now we will buy fuel at 350 instead of 185 it used to be.

Very good idea...except that THAT is what governments have been doing since...well for DECADES.

Partial removal of subsides.

What you have just said is WHAT every government HAS been doing since 1973. When the cost of subsidy gets too much, they do a partial removal.

I know you don't like Buhari, but that is how Buhari raised petrol prices from N87 to N195 when he left office.

And even then, NIGERIANS would still complain. GEJ raised prices from N65 to N97, Nigerians complained. Even small N5 rise back in the day, NIGERIANS complained.

Obi would have totally removed subsides, not because he hates poor people, but because at the end, the cost of the subsidy would have risen.

Landing cost is rising by the day. Note that as at May 29TH, OIL price was lower than it is now. If Obi had taken over, and done as you said, by September he would have been forced to either raise prices, or run into more problem

Assuming he kept it at N385...the cost of doing so would have risen three times. Where is he going to find the money? Yes, another loan.

Like his predecessors, and like Tinubu.

See why subsidy is too costly.?
Cut down on all governance wastage. They no born ur father well, u open ur rotten teeth tell obi say u need new SUV Toyota or Lexus and u no wan use ur salary buy am.

Every payment to parastatals must be accounted for

That one, no Nigerian leader can fight corruption. Unless you have a maximum dictator who would do it, Nigerians love their corruption.

There will be nothing like floating the naira so that official rate for importers will remain at 440 naira per dollar and the CBN will e so strict that if you're not an importer, you will get nothing. CBN will require importers to send price quotations and cbn will credit them for example immediately. Just as it is in India

That does not take into account the fact that we are not making enough dollars...plus not floating the naira is another costly subsidy

Buhari did not float the naira...and part of our problem is because he refused to do so, as did his predecessors.

Ban that thing called security vote. It gulps millions of dollars but they still kill people everywhere. Cut down on those nonsense offices of special advisers, and aids that does nothing one bit.

We could redirect secutrity vote money to the police.

But as for killing people, we can reduce it, but we can never stop it. USA is a sane country...murder happens there live.

Improve our electricity, he already acquired the masterplan from Egypt. With steady electricity, I won't be spending 150k monthly buying fuel for my gen to work from home and earn American dollars. I will simply chill, pay my light bill say 25 or 30k and have no need for fuel. This alone will cut down fuel usage by 40%.

Egypt did something you guys don't want to do...REMOVED SUBSIDES ON POWER.

Until Nigeria does same, and Nigeria does not let people steal power, we would never get stable power.

Float cng buses every major route in every state to carry people free of charge and fuel usage will fall by additional 30%. By so doing, fuel stations business will cease to be lucrative, the demand for fuel will be so low that only few persons who feel they must drive their own car will need to buy fuel.

CNG may not save us. When Tinubu supporters talk about it, I just laff. It would take some time before the thing is set up, and lots of money...which we do not HAVE.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Again As NNPC Supply Collapses by Rayban26: 10:25am On Oct 19, 2023
hotplate:
These people are pushing us... When Nigerians would react it might be the last straw and that will break the camels back

tor. until that time comes. because instead of nigerians to react, we are busy adjusting. nigerians are not ready yet.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Again As NNPC Supply Collapses by ewaekeng: 10:27am On Oct 19, 2023
It's so sad at this stage in your life that you can get think like this.So apauling.

2nd term we will still vote him in again [/quote]
Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Again As NNPC Supply Collapses by clinician2x: 11:15am On Oct 19, 2023
nairalanda1:

Good morning Oga, I saw your post....

Very good idea...except that THAT is what governments have been doing since...well for DECADES.

Partial removal of subsides.

What you have just said is WHAT every government HAS been doing since 1973. When the cost of subsidy gets too much, they do a partial removal.

I know you don't like Buhari, but that is how Buhari raised petrol prices from N87 to N195 when he left office.

And even then, NIGERIANS would still complain. GEJ raised prices from N65 to N97, Nigerians complained. Even small N5 rise back in the day, NIGERIANS complained.

Obi would have totally removed subsides, not because he hates poor people, but because at the end, the cost of the subsidy would have risen.

Landing cost is rising by the day. Note that as at May 29TH, OIL price was lower than it is now. If Obi had taken over, and done as you said, by September he would have been forced to either raise prices, or run into more problem

Assuming he kept it at N385...the cost of doing so would have risen three times. Where is he going to find the money? Yes, another loan.

Like his predecessors, and like Tinubu.

See why subsidy is too costly.?

That one, no Nigerian leader can fight corruption. Unless you have a maximum dictator who would do it, Nigerians love their corruption.

That does not take into account the fact that we are not making enough dollars...plus not floating the naira is another costly subsidy

Buhari did not float the naira...and part of our problem is because he refused to do so, as did his predecessors.

We could redirect secutrity vote money to the police.

But as for killing people, we can reduce it, but we can never stop it. USA is a sane country...murder happens there live.

Egypt did something you guys don't want to do...REMOVED SUBSIDES ON POWER.

Until Nigeria does same, and Nigeria does not let people steal power, we would never get stable power.

CNG may not save us. When Tinubu supporters talk about it, I just laff. It would take some time before the thing is set up, and lots of money...which we do not HAVE.

Everything you keep saying here is that Nigeria does not have money. If Nigeria does not have money, where did tinubu get the 500k dollars he spent in a week in UN meeting?

Where is the legislators getting the 80m$ they will use for their proposed suvs?
Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Again As NNPC Supply Collapses by jackfj: 11:50am On Oct 19, 2023
nairalanda1:
At the end of the day, with landing cost over N720, yet NNPC is selling below N700, what do ye expect.?

Petrol is flowing in other African countries because they don't have subsides. APC is keeping subsides, and the subsides are now becoming unsustainable.

I no like GEJ, but in 2011, he was right about removing subsides. Nigerians..(please don't come with Buhari decieved Nigerians, or tinubu decieved Nigerians, and yes, both of them were wrong to oppose GEJ on subsidy removal)..but Nigerians, said no then

Now here we are. We've run out of money to subsidise fuel. And we are still pretending.

Anyway, Nigerians want N40 fuel after all... cheesy

You talk like a fool!
And you reek of bigotry undecided
Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Again As NNPC Supply Collapses by yarimo(m): 11:52am On Oct 19, 2023
Ozommadu:

You're jobless and empty that's why you keep repeating same stale sentence on every thread.
hehe for you to know I am jobless here you are Also jobless grin grin grin
Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Again As NNPC Supply Collapses by nairalanda1(m): 11:56am On Oct 19, 2023
jackfj:

You talk like a fool!
And you reek of bigotry undecided

Okay. Good evening.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Again As NNPC Supply Collapses by nairalanda1(m): 11:57am On Oct 19, 2023
clinician2x:

Everything you keep saying here is that Nigeria does not have money. If Nigeria does not have money, where did tinubu get the 500k dollars he spent in a week in UN meeting?

Where is the legislators getting the 80m$ they will use for their proposed suvs?

We don't have money for the massive people oriented projects you want, and yes, Tinubu was wrong to spend that money.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Again As NNPC Supply Collapses by clinician2x: 12:40pm On Oct 19, 2023
nairalanda1:

We don't have money for the massive people oriented projects you want, and yes, Tinubu was wrong to spend that money.

Nawa
Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Again As NNPC Supply Collapses by nairalanda1(m): 12:48pm On Oct 19, 2023
clinician2x:

Nawa

2011-13 was the time I realized we were a broke nation .

1.We were earning high oil revenue, yet government could not afford to pay ASUU its money as and at when due.

2.The reason why the power companies got changed to discos and gencos...i did some reading, and then..

3.In 2011, I read this article...and then I read Field Ruwe.

And then i came across the concept of fiscal breakeven, and then a host of other articles.

It woke me up.

Anyway, at the end of the day, Nigeria is broke.

I AM NOT DEFENDING THE GOVERNMENT....infact, it is an indictment on governments past and present when I say Nigeria is broke. If Nigeria is broke, then that means APC has failed to make it solvent, and has no business running things. The problem is, PDP had their chance and did not make things solvent.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Again As NNPC Supply Collapses by clinician2x: 1:04pm On Oct 19, 2023
nairalanda1:

2011-13 was the time I realized we were a broke nation .

1.We were earning high oil revenue, yet government could not afford to pay ASUU its money as and at when due.

2.The reason why the power companies got changed to discos and gencos...i did some reading, and then..

3.In 2011, I read this article...and then I read Field Ruwe.

And then i came across the concept of fiscal breakeven, and then a host of other articles.

It woke me up.

Anyway, at the end of the day, Nigeria is broke.

I AM NOT DEFENDING THE GOVERNMENT....infact, it is an indictment on governments past and present when I say Nigeria is broke. If Nigeria is broke, then that means APC has failed to make it solvent, and has no business running things. The problem is, PDP had their chance and did not make things solvent.

By saying Nigeria is broke, does it make you feel better or just give you some sense of satisfaction or fulfillment once you just throw it out NIGERIA is BROKE.

How is Nigeria broke when 800 billion naira was spent in the last elections, a process that some of my friends in the IT have analyzed and sgree that the said value is way too high.

How is Nigeria broke when the lawmakers i don't know how many of them will soon take delivery of brand new SUVs, does a broke person buy a brand new car?

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Again As NNPC Supply Collapses by Enemyofpeace: 1:24pm On Oct 19, 2023
Tinubu's failure go pass Buhari's own 100%

Looking for a female jogging partner, previous one is pregnant she can’t jog anymore😊 Location Lagos 😁
Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Again As NNPC Supply Collapses by nairalanda1(m): 2:19pm On Oct 19, 2023
clinician2x:

By saying Nigeria is broke, does it make you feel better or just give you some sense of satisfaction or fulfillment once you just throw it out NIGERIA is BROKE.

How is Nigeria broke when 800 billion naira was spent in the last elections, a process that some of my friends in the IT have analyzed and sgree that the said value is way too high.

How is Nigeria broke when the lawmakers i don't know how many of them will soon take delivery of brand new SUVs, does a broke person buy a brand new car?

I'm not saying Nigeria is broke for any sense of satisfaction....I am saying it as A COLD HARD FACT.

And our failure to accept the COLD HARD FACT is why we get bad leaders, why we keep taking loans, and why we never get good leaders.

Anyway, it is not by force to agree with me. cheesy
Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Again As NNPC Supply Collapses by Kukutente23: 2:55pm On Oct 19, 2023
nairalanda1:

I'm not saying Nigeria is broke for any sense of satisfaction....I am saying it as A COLD HARD FACT.

And our failure to accept the COLD HARD FACT is why we get bad leaders, why we keep taking loans, and why we never get good leaders.

Anyway, it is not by force to agree with me. cheesy
Applying your analysis to the US. Is the US broke as a COLD HARD FACT?
You're just a zombie making excuses for failures in govt
Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Again As NNPC Supply Collapses by ToladolVentures(m): 3:19pm On Oct 19, 2023
Wahala oo
Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Again As NNPC Supply Collapses by LittleSMARTEX(m): 4:43pm On Oct 19, 2023
Something is comin-a-come
Re: Fuel Scarcity Hits Again As NNPC Supply Collapses by oloriooko(m): 7:11am On Nov 04, 2023
stop deceiving yourself cuz neither obi nor atiku are magicians, APC has succeeded in plummeting 9ja's economy into quagmire because it wants to rule at all cost. the forces holding down the progress of this country are not backing down irresppective of who's ruling

Mrford:

Just erase that your first line or better keep quiet.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria's 45 Federal Ministers And Their Portfolios / Army Re-opens Borno Highways Three Years After Closure / Ogun: RTEAN Members Show Their PVCs During Independence Day March

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.