Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,614 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

How Much Should You Spend On A Wedding Dress? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How Much Should You Spend On A Wedding Dress? (10401 Views)

Here Comes The Bride... With The Most Awful Wedding Dress / A Wedding Dress Made Out Of Condoms (Photo) / What Part Of Your Body Do You Spend On The Most ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Should You Spend On A Wedding Dress? by Maymary: 4:08am On Oct 24, 2011
In most cases, a delicate wedding dress of latest design style is expensive and we should spend a large sum of money on it. The price on the tag often surprises us deeply and we hesitate to choose our ideal wedding dress. I have seen people spend less than $399.0 and get great dresses too .
What do you think ?
Re: How Much Should You Spend On A Wedding Dress? by BABE3: 3:16am On Oct 25, 2011
I think you shouldn't hesitate to look good on your wedding day. Buy a good quality/ non-cheap looking dress that you can afford.

Re: How Much Should You Spend On A Wedding Dress? by Maymary: 9:24am On Oct 26, 2011
There are so many things you have to deal with and have to spend so much money ,
tight budget
Re: How Much Should You Spend On A Wedding Dress? by Igosun: 4:05pm On Oct 26, 2011
If you are the bride, people are coming to come and you so what stops you from looking good.
Re: How Much Should You Spend On A Wedding Dress? by tosanj: 4:17pm On Oct 26, 2011
It depend on what your pocket can take. The most impotant thing is that it should look nice on the bride.

Like I keep saying we do not have ugle bride, the bride is the center of attraction and she is not compiting with any body. You wear the gown only on that day for just some few hours why spend so much on it.

In most cases it depend on the shop you are buying from. Like in Lagos, the same gown can be sold for different amount in different areas.

And also the gown does not make the marriage.
Re: How Much Should You Spend On A Wedding Dress? by ElmA1(f): 4:22pm On Oct 26, 2011
I prefare to rent than to buy. Its only for one day. Quality counts alot though.
Re: How Much Should You Spend On A Wedding Dress? by WhyAWhy(m): 4:35pm On Oct 26, 2011
in the name of all this look good, most brides I've seen look very much alike wearing towel (tube) giving out all that should be concealed mschew  undecided ,  and they rip them off with high prices again

No matter what you wear, you would still be the centre of focus so what the hell?!!!
Re: How Much Should You Spend On A Wedding Dress? by OhmstAR(m): 6:12pm On Oct 26, 2011
The main thing is to look good in dat dress and trust me, money does change things in dat aspect
Re: How Much Should You Spend On A Wedding Dress? by fred2265: 6:53pm On Oct 26, 2011
Re: How Much Should You Spend On A Wedding Dress? by r231(m): 7:40pm On Oct 26, 2011
it depends
Re: How Much Should You Spend On A Wedding Dress? by Segunod(m): 8:06pm On Oct 26, 2011
anyone with an idea of where a wedding gown can be rented should pls let me know
Re: How Much Should You Spend On A Wedding Dress? by r231(m): 8:12pm On Oct 26, 2011
I can borrow you my wife's one grin grin

i am getting rdy to sell it on ebay anyways

i told her its only for couple of hours. . . . but noooooo
Re: How Much Should You Spend On A Wedding Dress? by Nobody: 11:30pm On Oct 26, 2011
How much does it cost to rent a wedding gown in Nigeria?
Re: How Much Should You Spend On A Wedding Dress? by koolguy88(m): 11:40pm On Oct 26, 2011
N1oo,ooo is ok, what do you think?
Re: How Much Should You Spend On A Wedding Dress? by nnwniger: 12:59am On Oct 27, 2011
[img][/img]
Re: How Much Should You Spend On A Wedding Dress? by itiswell1(m): 7:11am On Oct 27, 2011
One will spend a whole lot of money on what you will only wear for one day.
Re: How Much Should You Spend On A Wedding Dress? by iice(f): 8:20am On Oct 27, 2011
Something reasonable.
Re: How Much Should You Spend On A Wedding Dress? by sgd: 8:48am On Oct 27, 2011
Re: How Much Should You Spend On A Wedding Dress? by ikhideman(m): 10:34am On Oct 27, 2011
I just got married to the "best wife in the world" last month, so I can speak from experience.

My wife rented her gown for 35k, guess what? It was a brand new gown (the price tags were still on when she saw it) & being the first person to use it, it was as if it was her own. The price of this gown was N150k.
Wedding gowns don't have a 2nd-hand value & since she wouldn't ever wear it again, why not just rent a good one; except of course the couple have excess funds that would sustain them after the 'wedding' onto the 'marriage'.
Re: How Much Should You Spend On A Wedding Dress? by highland(m): 11:11am On Oct 27, 2011
spend base on your purse size.
Re: How Much Should You Spend On A Wedding Dress? by Segunod(m): 11:32am On Oct 27, 2011
ikhideman:

I just got married to the "best wife in the world" last month, so I can speak from experience.

My wife rented her gown for 35k, guess what? It was a brand new gown (the price tags were still on when she saw it) & being the first person to use it, it was as if it was her own. The price of this gown was N150k.
Wedding gowns don't have a 2nd-hand value & since she wouldn't ever wear it again, why not just rent a good one; except of course the couple have excess funds that would sustain them after the 'wedding' onto the 'marriage'.
Re: How Much Should You Spend On A Wedding Dress? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Oct 27, 2011
Re: How Much Should You Spend On A Wedding Dress? by mummy3(f): 4:08pm On Oct 27, 2011
koolguy88:

N1oo,ooo is ok, what do you think?

20k-25k to rent
if you must buy 35-40 is ok
i advice you to rent, after all its just an 8-9 hours event
Re: How Much Should You Spend On A Wedding Dress? by modele2: 1:47pm On Oct 28, 2011
I rented mine for 30,000k. I was the 2nd wearer, i didnt mind, it was accordin to my taste. Though I noticed that white was more difficult to come by when renting the creams and ivorys wer more common, but i finally got one, it was lovely and have never ever regreted it.
My mothers own is occupyin space and gathering mothballs in her closet, what a waste!!!
Re: How Much Should You Spend On A Wedding Dress? by lisabe: 3:04pm On Jan 06, 2012
If you are going to advertise fashion and clothing please do so on the childboard-Fashion/Clothing marketing. smiley-Kandiikane

Re: How Much Should You Spend On A Wedding Dress? by Nobody: 1:13am On Dec 14, 2017
How much to spend on a wedding dress depends a lot on a number of things, the design of the dress, the designer, your preference and even your budget.

The design does come in to the picture most of the times though. Each design comes with its specifics including the cost. This post summarily highlights some of such designs you can come across.

(1) (Reply)

Dress Making Tips? / Giving Away Free Stuff. Duffel Coat And Shoe. Pictures / 18karat Pure Solid Gold World:: Wedding Rings, Earnings Etc.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.