Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,080 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

Lionel Messi Named World’s Most Marketable Athlete For 2023 By SportsPro - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lionel Messi Named World’s Most Marketable Athlete For 2023 By SportsPro (14611 Views)

Lionel Messi Beats Lebron James As The Most Marketable Athlete In The World / Lionel Messi Named 2019 FIFA The Best Men's Player / Paul Pogba Named 2018 World's Most Marketable Athlete (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lionel Messi Named World’s Most Marketable Athlete For 2023 By SportsPro by viceddy95(m): 2:32pm On Oct 19, 2023
Excel1233:
please guys, please I've tried to get little help here to no avail, please I beg you in the name of Almighty GOD pls, If any good samaritan can please help me, no matter how little so we can buy foodstuff and cook, I will be very happy. my daughter and I we are starving. Please help us the last time we ate a good food was from our neighbor on  sunday. Since then we have surviving on drinking garri since Monday and the garri we use to have hope has finished. the little money I have I used it to pay for house rent so that we can at least have roof over our head. am pleading for help please, not for my sake but for my daughter please am a single mother. No matter how little it will go a long way to help us. Almighty God bless you

Acct num with faith
G.TBank
My name is Angela. Almighty God bless you and your family
Na that starvation go kill you for real life,since you like scamming people of their hard earned money….bloody scammer..
Re: Lionel Messi Named World’s Most Marketable Athlete For 2023 By SportsPro by Eagba(m): 2:37pm On Oct 19, 2023
Beverlyjean:

Oh...Saudi just picked interest in football or they just started making money.... they government said , Ronaldo was the first on the list and hoped that he would sign cos signing him will bring in other A list players ...and it happend so...

Evidence shows that messi and his fans are obsessed about Ronaldo... Ronaldo joined la liga and Messi started threatening Guardiola that he will leave if he doesn't change his position so he can start scoring goals ...cos we all know Ronaldo was blasting b4 la liga ...Messi wasn't... Ronaldo joined serie A and he started asking Boateng that if its easy to score in serie A cos Ronaldo was blasting there ... he was contemplating joining..but when he was told that it difficult....he dint want to be exposed ... instead he ran to France where he was still exposed ... he also dint wanna join Saudi cos he knew he would be exposed ... Ronaldo said b4 the WC, that if portugal won it , he will retire immediately.... but the short fraud is still obsessed with Ronaldos International record ...reason he doesn't wanna retire ...but he is wasting his time ...Ronaldo is a goal machine and will never stop scoring...even at 45
After all the yapping na only goals be the quality you mentioned about Ronaldo.
Messi was playing football for the love of the game until Ronaldo decided to compete, then Messi obliterated him by taking the competition to a whole new level far from the reach of your fraud.
Messi started scoring for fun
Check the stats Messi scored more goals when xavi n iniesta left
Messi is so wicked that the only thing Ronaldo can brag about which is goal scoring, Messi pass am with a higher goal rate. Despite Ronaldo spending 80% of his entire playing time in the final third
Midfield play Messi pass am
Dribble, Messi pass am
Link up play,Messi pass am
Assist, Messi pass am
Did I mention free kick?
Passes that came from hell through heaven, Messi pass am
Controlling the opponents play like zizane would, Messi pass am

Please apart from heading. Tell me two onfield characteristics wey fraudnado use pass Messi

If you can't, today Beverlyjean has conceded defeat

1 Like

Re: Lionel Messi Named World’s Most Marketable Athlete For 2023 By SportsPro by phemmyfour: 2:47pm On Oct 19, 2023
Boland:
Who else if not the greatest of all time.

Football Greatest of All Time top 5:

1. Lionel Messi
2. Pele
3. Maradona
4. Delima Ronaldo
5. C. Ronaldo
Ronaldo 7 didn't make the top 20
Re: Lionel Messi Named World’s Most Marketable Athlete For 2023 By SportsPro by maestroferddi: 2:49pm On Oct 19, 2023
Messi has ticked all the boxes in the GOAT question...

Almost all reputable international media, sportspeople, pundits and objective football lovers have moved on from the debate so when you come here and see some time wasters raising dust over a settled matter, you cannot help but shake your head.

Two goals against Peru in the latest appearance to become the undisputed highest goalscorer in South America World Cup qualifiers...

I am not known for betting on the wrong horse...
Re: Lionel Messi Named World’s Most Marketable Athlete For 2023 By SportsPro by TheKingsmann(m): 2:50pm On Oct 19, 2023
Beverlyjean:

Is making Apple rich..are u sure u are ok??
Shut up, since MESSI joined inter Miami there have been increase in subscribers of Apple steaming service

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Named World’s Most Marketable Athlete For 2023 By SportsPro by ToladolVentures(m): 2:54pm On Oct 19, 2023
This is true
Re: Lionel Messi Named World’s Most Marketable Athlete For 2023 By SportsPro by oyatainer(m): 2:56pm On Oct 19, 2023
Beverlyjean:

U can only deceive urself .... Ronaldo is the most marketable athlete in the world ... reason y he is the highest paid sportsman in the world... he marketed a desert to the world and every A list footballer followed.... no one followed Messi to usa apart from his 2 barca roommates

The same Ronaldo that vex comot fro Madrid when they no increase his salary up to Messi's wages. I beg go and sit down joor. Ronaldo sacrifice a lot to earn what is earning now. Messi does not want to do that, hence, he obeyed his wife who always desire America lifestlye.

For more than six years, Messi stayed on top as the highest paid footballer when he was in Barca but he is not a show-up kind of personality.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lionel Messi Named World’s Most Marketable Athlete For 2023 By SportsPro by OJEEMAH(m): 3:04pm On Oct 19, 2023
Ade1177:

All these are just pure hate

The real list is

1. Messi
2. Cristiano Ronaldo
3. Others

If you're a Ronaldo fan
1. Cristiano
2. Messi
3. Others

Those 2 Messi and Ronaldo are by by far better than anyone else
True one is better than the other depends on what you're arguing with

But Cristiano and Messi has been ontop for 3 decades
Since the early 2000's
Throughout the 2010's it was just 2 human beings Messi and Ronaldo
Never happend before
Ballon dor became their property

Non I repeat non out of those had the fortune to stay relevant THAT LONG

To know how hard it is to stay at the top for longer years

Check so so many other players we thought will take over from Messi and Ronaldo
They all rise to fame and fall
While Ronaldo and Messi still keep waxing strong

Delima is good
But Cristiano is better
It's just sad he is older now and people judge him based on his old age performance and forget the beast he was when younger

No other person can compete with Messi

If not for Ronaldo

Messi will have 12 to 13 ballon dors
The others can't compete with Messi

Only Cristiano can and he won 5 times

And you still put him anywhere other than 2nd is just pure hate
you are responding to the wrong person cos they’re no mention of R9 better than Cr7 in my comment. I was telling that guy how some people view it. Didn’t you see where i wrote it can be argued in 2 ways based on the view of the person he quoted?

Maybe you should go and read from beginning and be careful how you accuse people of hateful comments.
Re: Lionel Messi Named World’s Most Marketable Athlete For 2023 By SportsPro by thesicilian: 3:11pm On Oct 19, 2023
jimmyolasun:

You know nothing. Do you know how much Dem dey pay to come watch messi pay.. e reach level inter Miami no dey tell fans when Messi no go play so Dem go fit sell tickets. If Ronaldo go USA now, forget e go break market too.. but who
AImiron:
He’s 27th on the list, who are you in the scheme of things. You’re irrelevant 😂😂😂
The concept of personal opinion is obviously new to you
Re: Lionel Messi Named World’s Most Marketable Athlete For 2023 By SportsPro by AskProf: 3:28pm On Oct 19, 2023
Excel1233:
please guys, please I've tried to get little help here to no avail, please I beg you in the name of Almighty GOD pls, If any good samaritan can please help me, no matter how little so we can buy foodstuff and cook, I will be very happy. my daughter and I we are starving. Please help us the last time we ate a good food was from our neighbor on  sunday. Since then we have surviving on drinking garri since Monday and the garri we use to have hope has finished. the little money I have I used it to pay for house rent so that we can at least have roof over our head. am pleading for help please, not for my sake but for my daughter please am a single mother. No matter how little it will go a long way to help us. Almighty God bless you

Acct num with faith
0678[/color]
[color=dark]6041
G.TBank
My name is Angela. Almighty God bless you and your family

Are you cursed?

Angel, Angela, Uyom, Oyom, Faith S H, Blessing, Shiando, Angell, Ubi etc is the same and one person, a MALE.

You are ANTHONY M. OKEKE, the scammer, thief, impostor with 10 years experience and 260 monikers.

You operate 18 bank accounts in UBA, Fidelity, First Bank, Kuda, Union Bank, GTB, Stanbic, Opay etc.
Re: Lionel Messi Named World’s Most Marketable Athlete For 2023 By SportsPro by mayor1814: 4:16pm On Oct 19, 2023
Beverlyjean:

Peru na team... Peru and Estonia na same level

Peru is better ranked than all the teams Tapnaldo scored his dubious 40 goals. Better ranked than Bosnia & Herzegovina, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg etc.
Re: Lionel Messi Named World’s Most Marketable Athlete For 2023 By SportsPro by mayor1814: 4:28pm On Oct 19, 2023
Ade1177:

All these are just pure hate

The real list is

1. Messi
2. Cristiano Ronaldo
3. Others

If you're a Ronaldo fan
1. Cristiano
2. Messi
3. Others

Those 2 Messi and Ronaldo are by by far better than anyone else
True one is better than the other depends on what you're arguing with

But Cristiano and Messi has been ontop for 3 decades
Since the early 2000's
Throughout the 2010's it was just 2 human beings Messi and Ronaldo
Never happend before
Ballon dor became their property

Non I repeat non out of those had the fortune to stay relevant THAT LONG

To know how hard it is to stay at the top for longer years

Check so so many other players we thought will take over from Messi and Ronaldo
They all rise to fame and fall
While Ronaldo and Messi still keep waxing strong

Delima is good
But Cristiano is better
It's just sad he is older now and people judge him based on his old age performance and forget the beast he was when younger

No other person can compete with Messi

If not for Ronaldo

Messi will have 12 to 13 ballon dors
The others can't compete with Messi

Only Cristiano can and he won 5 times

And you still put him anywhere other than 2nd is just pure hate

Like someone said earlier, Tapnaldo only has the statistics based purely on team success and help from stars from man UTD and Madrid, coz outside man UTD of late 2000s and Madrid of mid 2010s, Tapnaldo is nothing. Even the Portugal he's always laying claim to, he's never won "best player award" in any international competition.
Re: Lionel Messi Named World’s Most Marketable Athlete For 2023 By SportsPro by Prymestrr(m): 6:11pm On Oct 19, 2023
MikeMicheal:
Messhit is overrated.
Without legs he cannot play football, but ronaldo can play football with just heading.
He scored a header in a UCL final against Ronaldo's Manchester united at the age of 18. What else do you want to say please?
Re: Lionel Messi Named World’s Most Marketable Athlete For 2023 By SportsPro by Beverlyjean(f): 6:42pm On Oct 19, 2023
TheKingsmann:
Shut up, since MESSI joined inter Miami there have been increase in subscribers of Apple steaming service

Stop decieving and fooling urself ...u are no longer a kid.... u are really a fool at 40
Re: Lionel Messi Named World’s Most Marketable Athlete For 2023 By SportsPro by Jokerman(m): 6:42pm On Oct 19, 2023
MN07:

You go cry tire no evidence.
Show me CR7 world cup trophy or adjust this nonsense post here.

Shame no dey catch some of una

So why is Zidane not above Delima?
Re: Lionel Messi Named World’s Most Marketable Athlete For 2023 By SportsPro by Jokerman(m): 6:42pm On Oct 19, 2023
OJEEMAH:
The comparison between R9 & CR7 can be argued in two ways.

Statistically, CR7 is better but those that saw R9 would argue that he’s the better Ronaldo cos that niqqa was a nightmare to defenders.

Maybe it would have been different if R9 didn’t suffer career threatening injuries.

What can Delima do that Cristiano cannot?
Re: Lionel Messi Named World’s Most Marketable Athlete For 2023 By SportsPro by Beverlyjean(f): 6:43pm On Oct 19, 2023
mayor1814:

Peru is better ranked than all the teams Tapnaldo scored his dubious 40 goals. Better ranked than Bosnia & Herzegovina, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg etc.

Peru that only plays world cup once every 50 years despite having only 10 teams in that dead continent ... mention one player in Peru.. at list Bosnia has Dzeko and Pjanic ... mention one Peruvian
Re: Lionel Messi Named World’s Most Marketable Athlete For 2023 By SportsPro by Jokerman(m): 6:47pm On Oct 19, 2023
MN07:

You go cry tire no evidence.
Show me CR7 world cup trophy or adjust this nonsense post here.

Shame no dey catch some of una

Oga tell us what Delima can do that Cristiano cannot do..
Re: Lionel Messi Named World’s Most Marketable Athlete For 2023 By SportsPro by Beverlyjean(f): 6:48pm On Oct 19, 2023
Eagba:

After all the yapping na only goals be the quality you mentioned about Ronaldo.
Messi was playing football for the love of the game until Ronaldo decided to compete, then Messi obliterated him by taking the competition to a whole new level far from the reach of your fraud.
Messi started scoring for fun
Check the stats Messi scored more goals when xavi n iniesta left
Messi is so wicked that the only thing Ronaldo can brag about which is goal scoring, Messi pass am with a higher goal rate. Despite Ronaldo spending 80% of his entire playing time in the final third
Midfield play Messi pass am
Dribble, Messi pass am
Link up play,Messi pass am
Assist, Messi pass am
Did I mention free kick?
Passes that came from hell through heaven, Messi pass am
Controlling the opponents play like zizane would, Messi pass am

Please apart from heading. Tell me two onfield characteristics wey fraudnado use pass Messi

If you can't, today Beverlyjean has conceded defeat

His better with his weaker foot , he is better with ferocious shots ... don't fool urself with dribbling and passing cos Ronaldo still has the record of most completed dribbles in a game ..something Messi tried and tried to break but failed on numerous occasions, dint even come close ...if u say assist , then u are fooling ursef cos the only reason Messi has more assists is cos he plays corners and long free kicks...something Ronaldo never did... imagine if he was doing that all thru his career

And football is all about goals... No one cares about those ur silly inconsequential stats
Re: Lionel Messi Named World’s Most Marketable Athlete For 2023 By SportsPro by Josbreed: 6:49pm On Oct 19, 2023
MikeMicheal:
Messhit is overrated.
Without legs he cannot play football, but ronaldo can play football with just heading.

See dis wan. Why is it called football. So you want to convert it to headball because of Ronaldo abi?
Re: Lionel Messi Named World’s Most Marketable Athlete For 2023 By SportsPro by TheKingsmann(m): 7:09pm On Oct 19, 2023
Beverlyjean:

Stop decieving and fooling urself ...u are no longer a kid.... u are really a fool at 40
Failure like you, a complete loser that will never amount to anything in life, hating on some that can feed ur entire worthless lineages. cheesy
Re: Lionel Messi Named World’s Most Marketable Athlete For 2023 By SportsPro by MN07: 7:16pm On Oct 19, 2023
Jokerman:

Oga tell us what Delima can do that Cristiano cannot do..

Oga Delima has a World cup.
Show us your own.
Re: Lionel Messi Named World’s Most Marketable Athlete For 2023 By SportsPro by Jokerman(m): 7:49pm On Oct 19, 2023
MN07:

Oga Delima has a World cup.
Show us your own.

Ronaldo has 5 UCL's, Delima none
Re: Lionel Messi Named World’s Most Marketable Athlete For 2023 By SportsPro by kereman1: 8:15pm On Oct 19, 2023
Jokerman:

Bro u are comparing one Samsung fold z to 5 itel A60 phones

3 Likes

Re: Lionel Messi Named World’s Most Marketable Athlete For 2023 By SportsPro by Eagba(m): 8:15pm On Oct 19, 2023
Beverlyjean:

His better with his weaker foot , he is better with ferocious shots ... don't fool urself with dribbling and passing cos Ronaldo still has the record of most completed dribbles in a game ..something Messi tried and tried to break but failed on numerous occasions, dint even come close ...if u say assist , then u are fooling ursef cos the only reason Messi has more assists is cos he plays corners and long free kicks...something Ronaldo never did... imagine if he was doing that all thru his career

And football is all about goals... No one cares about those ur silly inconsequential stats
Aunty can you listen to yourself, " he's better with his ferocious shit, he's better with his weaker foot" that mechanical thing called Ronaldo. That isn't even a beauty to watch . Most dribble? Someone that cannot dribble to save his life.
Your lonaldo will pant pant and take his mechanical shots that aren't fluid, no R2 , no placing. Your fraud will just be padding stats hoping to sneak into the goat debate.
He's better with his ferocious shot. Shots without accuracy. Abeg talk another thing.

Since you can lie about Messi's assist. You are not worth talking to
Re: Lionel Messi Named World’s Most Marketable Athlete For 2023 By SportsPro by Beverlyjean(f): 8:35pm On Oct 19, 2023
TheKingsmann:
Failure like you, a complete loser that will never amount to anything in life, hating on some that can feed ur entire worthless lineages. cheesy

What I have achieved in my life ...ur father could not dream it cos it was too big of a dream
Re: Lionel Messi Named World’s Most Marketable Athlete For 2023 By SportsPro by mayor1814: 8:38pm On Oct 19, 2023
Beverlyjean:

Peru that only plays world cup once every 50 years despite having only 10 teams in that dead continent ... mention one player in Peru.. at list Bosnia has Dzeko and Pjanic ... mention one Peruvian

U just shot urself in d leg. If Peru that is better ranked than Bosnia & Herzegovina, Liechtenstein etc finds it hard going to world cup, that is to show u how tough and highly competitive the South American sides are.
Re: Lionel Messi Named World’s Most Marketable Athlete For 2023 By SportsPro by mayor1814: 8:42pm On Oct 19, 2023
Beverlyjean:

U will still come up with different useless statistics. Very soon u will say d "highest numbers of headings Tapnaldo has scored in d first half in football history" very useless and nonsense statistics una go dey dey form for tapnaldo. Tapnaldo stans like u are Emergency lawyers. Una dey try defending nonsense grin
Re: Lionel Messi Named World’s Most Marketable Athlete For 2023 By SportsPro by mayor1814: 8:48pm On Oct 19, 2023
Jokerman:

Tapnaldo has never won "best player award" with Portugal. Ronaldo de Lima has. Tapnaldo will always be a robber of goals that is an embarrassing shit Ronaldo de Lima will never get involved in.

Tapnaldo depends more on tapins and penalty to score. Tapnaldo cannot dribble like Ronaldo de Lima. Creativity, skills, dribbles, etc Ronaldo de Lima pass tapnaldo by many miles...

Even goals to game ratio, Ronaldo se Lima pass tapnaldo. No where to hide
Re: Lionel Messi Named World’s Most Marketable Athlete For 2023 By SportsPro by OJEEMAH(m): 9:07pm On Oct 19, 2023
Jokerman:

What can Delima do that Cristiano cannot?
Ask those that said Delima is better not me.
Re: Lionel Messi Named World’s Most Marketable Athlete For 2023 By SportsPro by Yinksy09(m): 9:10pm On Oct 19, 2023
Congratulations to him. Well deserved.
Do you know that oraimo spacepods is coming to Nigeria.

Re: Lionel Messi Named World’s Most Marketable Athlete For 2023 By SportsPro by Beverlyjean(f): 9:17pm On Oct 19, 2023
mayor1814:

U just shot urself in d leg. If Peru that is better ranked than Bosnia & Herzegovina, Liechtenstein etc finds it hard going to world cup, that is to show u how tough and highly competitive the South American sides are.

If England, Belgium, Netherlands join comobol.... only Brazil and Argentina will from these present south American teams will be making the world cup... and Brazil and Argentina will not even be sure of top spot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jesse Lingard Named EPL Player Of The Month For April / The Confederations Cup Brazil 2013 - Preview / Paralympics Tokyo2020: Nigeria Signs Out With 2 More Medals (10 Medals In Total)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.