Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

Have You Changed Your Car Engine Before? Let's Discuss - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Have You Changed Your Car Engine Before? Let's Discuss (458 Views)

Let's Discuss USED Vehicles / Never Clean Your Car’s Engine / Download Now! Car Engine Faults And Solutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Changed Your Car Engine Before? Let's Discuss by Faithbuiz(f): 12:54pm On Oct 19, 2023
This thread is for car owners most expecially if you have changed your car engine in the past.

Please you are welcome to share your experience(good and bad) from your machanic to the point of purchase and after fixing the engine.

Was there any thing you felt you could do to avoid the bad experience?

The engine you bought how satisfied were you with it?
Re: Have You Changed Your Car Engine Before? Let's Discuss by sunnymighty(m): 2:14pm On Oct 19, 2023
Faithbuiz:
This thread is for car owners most expecially if you have changed your car engine in the past.

Please you are welcome to share your experience(good and bad) from your machanic to the point of purchase and after fixing the engine.

About to, but here to learn.
Re: Have You Changed Your Car Engine Before? Let's Discuss by Uchenna406(m): 3:59pm On Oct 19, 2023
ok welcome
Re: Have You Changed Your Car Engine Before? Let's Discuss by nakoks(m): 4:47pm On Oct 19, 2023
Faithbuiz:

Overgood. So good i started replacing engines. Went to Ladipo with the mechanic, i selected the engine from the warehouse( right off the container from Japan). Bought genuine engine and gear oils. Used for over 7 years and sold to a happy user grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Have You Changed Your Car Engine Before? Let's Discuss by Faithbuiz(f): 6:47pm On Oct 19, 2023
That's a good experience thanks for sharing
Re: Have You Changed Your Car Engine Before? Let's Discuss by Faithbuiz(f): 9:36pm On Oct 19, 2023
Welcome
Re: Have You Changed Your Car Engine Before? Let's Discuss by bet9ja(m): 7:26am On Oct 20, 2023
This happened when I was using Honda Accord (Bulldog). I drove the car to Oyingbo. Went to an engine seller, I selected my prefer engine from the pool of engines from the store. Within 2-3 hours, my engine was replaced by ready made mechanic right infront on the shop, I serviced the engine during replacement and also changed the gear fluid. I drove the car for 2 years and sold it to a happy nairaland user.

1 Like

Re: Have You Changed Your Car Engine Before? Let's Discuss by Faithbuiz(f): 9:59am On Oct 21, 2023
Thanks for sharing. A nice one
Re: Have You Changed Your Car Engine Before? Let's Discuss by inyangd4: 12:09pm On Oct 21, 2023
I have changed mine.

My old engine was still manageable and that gave me time to do my research well.

It was not a common engine.

I knew the exact engine and specs i was looking for, I contacted some people online to send pics and prices.

I went to Ladipo like 3 times to look for the engine and priced it.

I connected to one of the online sellers at Ladipo. He was very honest! I mean, very honest!! His price was the best, he suggested a mechanic to handle the job and I accepted his mechanic. I took pics of the engine and left to return with my car at the appointed date.

Came with my car, the engine was brought and fixed my the mechanic boys. They did a good job but tried their best to hide (keep for themselves) some parts from the new engine with the intention of replacing them with those from the old engine. I didn't blink my eyes although the process!

All was done, I am enjoying my ride!

Lesson: don't trust anyone when it comes to jobs like this.
Make appropriate findings first and never be in a haste to buy.
Never trust the mechanic too much not to watch what he's doing very carefully!

3 Likes

Re: Have You Changed Your Car Engine Before? Let's Discuss by Kenosky1: 12:51pm On Oct 21, 2023
inyangd4:
I have changed mine.

My old engine was still manageable and that gave me time to do my research well.

It was not a common engine.

I knew the exact engine and specs i was looking for, I contacted some people online to send pics and prices.

I went to Ladipo like 3 times to look for the engine and priced it.

I connected to one of the online sellers at Ladipo. He was very honest! I mean, very honest!! His price was the best, he suggested a mechanic to handle the job and I accepted his mechanic. I took pics of the engine and left to return with my car at the appointed date.

Came with my car, the engine was brought and fixed my the mechanic boys. They did a good job but tried their best to hide (keep for themselves) some parts from the new engine with the intention of replacing them with those from the old engine. I didn't blink my eyes although the process!

All was done, I am enjoying my ride!

Lesson: don't trust anyone when it comes to jobs like this.
Make appropriate findings first and never be in a haste to buy.
Never trust the mechanic too much not to watch what he's doing very carefully!

Thanks for sharing this post, guys in Lagos have the advantage of buying from Ladipo where there are several engines and opportunity to choose a good one.

1 Like

Re: Have You Changed Your Car Engine Before? Let's Discuss by Faithbuiz(f): 2:00pm On Oct 21, 2023
Thanks for sharing with us your experience shocked
Re: Have You Changed Your Car Engine Before? Let's Discuss by Faithbuiz(f): 3:15pm On Oct 21, 2023
We will love to hear your experience...
Re: Have You Changed Your Car Engine Before? Let's Discuss by Faithbuiz(f): 9:29pm On Oct 21, 2023
We will love to hear your experience. Thanks
Re: Have You Changed Your Car Engine Before? Let's Discuss by Faithbuiz(f): 7:44am On Oct 22, 2023
Good morning...
Re: Have You Changed Your Car Engine Before? Let's Discuss by kernniejay(m): 2:31pm On Oct 22, 2023
I never changed engine. When I noticed the engine was overdue for replacement, I sold the whole car.
Re: Have You Changed Your Car Engine Before? Let's Discuss by Bidmaster(m): 2:41pm On Oct 22, 2023
Had a terrible experience changing a newly acquired vehicle engine which cost me a million plus aside from other things. It's not a good one to share
Re: Have You Changed Your Car Engine Before? Let's Discuss by Faithbuiz(f): 3:32pm On Oct 28, 2023
Sorry about that, we are here to learn if you don't mind share.
Re: Have You Changed Your Car Engine Before? Let's Discuss by Faithbuiz(f): 3:34pm On Oct 28, 2023
kernniejay:
I never changed engine. When I noticed the engine was overdue for replacement, I sold the whole car.

Ok smart you

(1) (Reply)

Pay Today N2.750m For My Super Sharp 2008 Toyota Camry / Foreign Used Mercedes Benz ML350 2015 Model / Foreign Used 2013 Mercedes Benz Ml350 Accident Free For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.