Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,437 members, 7,819,603 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Student Business: How Much Do You Need To Start A POS Business In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Student Business: How Much Do You Need To Start A POS Business In Nigeria (204 Views)

Is POS Business Profitable? / POS For Business: How Stringent Is Your Bank's Conditions? How Else To Get POS? / LONGRICH As A Business.....how Viable Is It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Student Business: How Much Do You Need To Start A POS Business In Nigeria by Justseyii: 4:37pm On Oct 19, 2023
Student Business: How Much Do You Need To Start A POS Business In Nigeria

Student Business: How Much Do You Need To Start A POS Business In Nigeria; I recently started a POS business, while I am not a student (anymore) my routine and career evolve around them hence I have learned a few things from how much it costs to start a POS business in Nigeria as a student, if its a good student business idea in the first place, and how much money comes in and out.

How POS Business Works In Simple Terms

POS business aims to do one thing, which is save your customers the stress of going to bank ATMs to withdraw cash and for Nigerians, avoid losing their cards to ATM machines. In the past, I used to say a prayer every time I needed to use a bank ATM because the chances of losing my ATM card and money were higher due to network issues. However, with the availability of POS agents and machines, the risks associated with using an ATM have been significantly reduced.

While the POS machine can’t ”swallow” your cards, if the network is horrible like some banks we can’t mention, you might come across a failed transaction.

To simplify how POS business works, I’ll make a list below.

POS agent has the machine and a decent amount of cash
Customers come and request to withdraw from said POS agent using their ATM cards/transfer
The POS agent charges the customer and adds what is called withdrawal charges per 1,000
The customer receives their money and bids goodbye to the POS agent

How Much Does It Cost To Start A POS Business

https://www.studentvillage.com.ng/student-business-how-much-do-you-need-to-start-a-pos-business-in-nigeria/

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Money Before 2023 Ends And 2024 Starts 2024 Starts / Is There Any Way To Save In Dollars Without This Risk? / Patricia Commits To November Repayment Deadline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.