Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,903 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

Toyota Corolla 2003 Consuming Too Much Fuel. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Corolla 2003 Consuming Too Much Fuel. (1186 Views)

My Honda Accord Consumes Too Much Fuel / 2006 Corolla Consuming Too Much Fuel / Help - Is My Toyota Camry Consuming Too Much Fuel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Corolla 2003 Consuming Too Much Fuel. by PJwise: 9:56pm On Oct 19, 2023
Please guys I need help, my Corolla is consuming too much fuel. I've done all my possible best but no solution.

*I've replaced both catalyst
*Change plugs
But two things I noticed that are not working are:
* The thermostat have been removed and the fan runs whenever I put on the ignition.
* Idle air control switch not working.
I've changed more than 3 injector heads still the idle air control valve refuse to respond. I'm confused. Please somebody should help
Re: Toyota Corolla 2003 Consuming Too Much Fuel. by Angrigowt: 10:02pm On Oct 19, 2023
Engine
Re: Toyota Corolla 2003 Consuming Too Much Fuel. by Estimable(m): 1:14am On Oct 20, 2023
02 senor is likely the culprit

1 Like

Re: Toyota Corolla 2003 Consuming Too Much Fuel. by kinzey1: 5:51am On Oct 20, 2023
PJwise:
Please guys I need help, my Corolla is consuming too much fuel. I've done all my possible best but no solution.

*I've replaced both catalyst
*Change plugs
But two things I noticed that are not working are:
* The thermostat have been removed and the fan runs whenever I put on the ignition.
* Idle air control switch not working.
I've changed more than 3 injector heads still the idle air control valve refuse to respond. I'm confused. Please somebody should help

Why can't you guys scan before replacing parts and wasting money?

The codes will point out the issue
Re: Toyota Corolla 2003 Consuming Too Much Fuel. by PJwise: 12:31pm On Oct 20, 2023
I have done that already. I have this scanner which I'm using to diagnose my car. The codes use to be, oxygen sensor bank 1, but I've replaced the two catalyst and service the sensors. That problem is gone. But the code remaining and refused to go after replacing the part is:
Idle air control valve. Read my initial post.
The thermostat has been removed and the code is there too but my mechanic said removal of thermostat can not make car to consume fuel
Re: Toyota Corolla 2003 Consuming Too Much Fuel. by kinzey1: 2:27pm On Oct 20, 2023
PJwise:
I have done that already. I have this scanner which I'm using to diagnose my car. The codes use to be, oxygen sensor bank 1, but I've replaced the two catalyst and service the sensors. That problem is gone. But the code remaining and refused to go after replacing the part is:
The thermostat has been removed and the code is there too but my mechanic said removal of thermostat can not make car to consume fuel

Replace the IACV or its assembly. I think there will be improvement.
Re: Toyota Corolla 2003 Consuming Too Much Fuel. by ChybuzzDD(m): 4:39am On Oct 22, 2023
PJwise:

Don't listen to that dumbhead mechanic with outdated knowledge.

Majority of them don't try to update their knowledge
Re: Toyota Corolla 2003 Consuming Too Much Fuel. by okoroemeka(m): 7:52pm On Oct 27, 2023
PJwise:
don't be surprised that thermostat maybe the culprits,it is there for a reason,to warm the engine faster and maintain a good working temperature that reduced
S fuel consumption,cut and join mechanics and rewires.mad people
Re: Toyota Corolla 2003 Consuming Too Much Fuel. by Manuella4ace: 11:58am On Nov 27, 2023
Did you later solved this?

(1) (Reply)

Which Car Brand Is Most Efficient In Nigeria? / Where Can I Get Ford Car Parts / Opel Astra 1.6 For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.