Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

South Africa Putting "AI Collars" On Rhinos To Protect Them From Poachers (PICS) - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / South Africa Putting "AI Collars" On Rhinos To Protect Them From Poachers (PICS) (38474 Views)

Emaciated Lions At Breeding Farm Eat Each Other In South Africa(Pics) / Hungry Hyena Carrying Severed Head Of Zebra In Its Mouth In South Africa (Photo) / Chicken Dies After Killing A Snake While Trying To Protect Its Babies. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africa Putting "AI Collars" On Rhinos To Protect Them From Poachers (PICS) by Exceed15: 4:53pm On Oct 21, 2023
GanagiBitrus:
Thank God for Oyibo. As far as Africans are concerned, any animal inside the bush is bush meat meant for stomach infrastructure.

Thank God for who?
Re: South Africa Putting "AI Collars" On Rhinos To Protect Them From Poachers (PICS) by YeyeGbami: 4:59pm On Oct 21, 2023
Una leave AI matter dey do who get light pass. Lol
Re: South Africa Putting "AI Collars" On Rhinos To Protect Them From Poachers (PICS) by eepeepook: 5:08pm On Oct 21, 2023
Thamza, go and look for something to do with your life. Stop trolling Nairaland. For all I know, you're probably a Nigerian parading as one of them.
Re: South Africa Putting "AI Collars" On Rhinos To Protect Them From Poachers (PICS) by tonididdy(m): 5:09pm On Oct 21, 2023
Why not on the horn...
Re: South Africa Putting "AI Collars" On Rhinos To Protect Them From Poachers (PICS) by Nobody: 5:10pm On Oct 21, 2023
GanagiBitrus:
Thank God for Oyibo. As far as Africans are concerned, any animal inside the bush is bush meat meant for stomach infrastructure.
slave mentality, poachers are predominantly white foreigners

1 Like

Re: South Africa Putting "AI Collars" On Rhinos To Protect Them From Poachers (PICS) by GanagiBitrus: 5:16pm On Oct 21, 2023
Akoja360:
slave mentality, poachers are predominantly white foreigners
Give credit to Oyibo for the AI Collar Technology and Wild Life Conservation Initiative in general.
Re: South Africa Putting "AI Collars" On Rhinos To Protect Them From Poachers (PICS) by zinaunreal(m): 5:51pm On Oct 21, 2023
You mean white south africans šŸ˜
Re: South Africa Putting "AI Collars" On Rhinos To Protect Them From Poachers (PICS) by AfonjaConehead: 6:03pm On Oct 21, 2023
we need to put same on the denreledave pickinPocket...to safeguard people's bags,phones grin
Re: South Africa Putting "AI Collars" On Rhinos To Protect Them From Poachers (PICS) by Kingabia1998(m): 6:19pm On Oct 21, 2023
TMKsouth:

Are u saying without the whites black South Africans would've eaten these rhinos?

FYI whites are actually the ones who hunt and eat wild animals like buck, ostrich and crocodile in SA - they call the meat "game".

Besides, rhinos are poached for their horn and not meat.

Just some free skooling for white worshippers.
Guy if not for the whites,we will still be cannibal, killing twins, burning widows with their husbands corpse etc.so they really helped, in Africa's civilization.
Re: South Africa Putting "AI Collars" On Rhinos To Protect Them From Poachers (PICS) by sulaak(m): 6:26pm On Oct 21, 2023
GanagiBitrus:

White killed the majority of the African wildlife.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Putting "AI Collars" On Rhinos To Protect Them From Poachers (PICS) by Onyiiobi7735(m): 6:27pm On Oct 21, 2023
Poachers and the reckless way they hunt wild animals, even to the brink of extinction,is beyond me.A time is coming when wild animals will take the fight to the doorstep of humanity, with such ferocity never before seen. Mama Nature has a mysterious way of fighting humans who recklessly mess up the ecosystems and the biodiversity, driving them near to extinction.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Putting "AI Collars" On Rhinos To Protect Them From Poachers (PICS) by Onyiiobi7735(m): 6:31pm On Oct 21, 2023
SA did a great job in this.All threatened species need to be protected seriously.
That's why I love Western countries, for this - how they seriously work in wildlife conservation and seriously punish poachers who recklessly hunt endangered species.
Re: South Africa Putting "AI Collars" On Rhinos To Protect Them From Poachers (PICS) by GanagiBitrus: 6:41pm On Oct 21, 2023
sulaak:

White killed the majority of the African wildlife.
Ok. But give them credit for the AI Collar Technology and Wild Life Conservation Initiative in general.
That's essentially what has prevented those animals from extinction.
Re: South Africa Putting "AI Collars" On Rhinos To Protect Them From Poachers (PICS) by Eriokanmi: 7:11pm On Oct 21, 2023
South Africa, Africa's real giants grin. What can other African countries learn from Nigeria than corruption?
Re: South Africa Putting "AI Collars" On Rhinos To Protect Them From Poachers (PICS) by Eriokanmi: 7:15pm On Oct 21, 2023
Onyiiobi7735:
Poachers and the reckless way they hunt wild animals, even to the brink of extinction,is beyond me.A time is coming when wild animals will take the fight to the doorstep of humanity, with such ferocity never before seen. Mama Nature has a mysterious way of fighting humans who recklessly mess up the ecosystems and the biodiversity, driving them near to extinction.
Story. I don chop rhino for ekiti area several times, so sweet. Do you know a town called itawure in ekiti? Youd see smoked rhinos and other bush meat buy, plentiful even take am chop pounded yam. Na God give us chop.

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Putting "AI Collars" On Rhinos To Protect Them From Poachers (PICS) by Onyiiobi7735(m): 7:22pm On Oct 21, 2023
Eriokanmi:
Story. I don chop rhino for ekiti area several times, so sweet. Do you know a town called itawure in ekiti? Youd see smoked rhinos and other bush meat buy, plentiful even take am chop pounded yam. Na God give us chop.
But the locals should be trying to conserve the population and not hunt them recklessly.
Re: South Africa Putting "AI Collars" On Rhinos To Protect Them From Poachers (PICS) by Robnectar(m): 7:29pm On Oct 21, 2023
TMKsouth:

How's your grid collapse šŸ‡³šŸ‡¬šŸ¤·šŸ½ā€ā™‚ļø

Number 50 this year alone? šŸ˜­

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: South Africa Putting "AI Collars" On Rhinos To Protect Them From Poachers (PICS) by Robnectar(m): 7:32pm On Oct 21, 2023
Walehelt:

Thats fine sir, take care
ADOFURO

Adofuro ni boy yenšŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚

1 Like

Re: South Africa Putting "AI Collars" On Rhinos To Protect Them From Poachers (PICS) by Robnectar(m): 7:33pm On Oct 21, 2023
[quote author=Walehelt post=126529673][/quote]

grin grin
Re: South Africa Putting "AI Collars" On Rhinos To Protect Them From Poachers (PICS) by STEWpid(f): 7:35pm On Oct 21, 2023
KingCold:
For all the worship Nigerians have for the white man, they know very lttle of him

Cc. TMKsouth

Nigerians don't worship the whites.

We appreciate foreigners that we so much love to treat them right, even if you're from South Africa, Burundi, Afghanistan, or wherever.

Nigerians are unrelenting in nature.

Chai..
Re: South Africa Putting "AI Collars" On Rhinos To Protect Them From Poachers (PICS) by Eriokanmi: 7:55pm On Oct 21, 2023
Onyiiobi7735:

But the locals should be trying to conserve the population and not hunt them recklessly.
I understand. You know we're not whites. There are some of them who don't eat meat at all. They'd tell you they have pity for animals. Asking people not to eat meat is as good as blaming God for creating them for our consumption

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South Africa Putting "AI Collars" On Rhinos To Protect Them From Poachers (PICS) by paduzman: 8:09pm On Oct 21, 2023
I wish they threw more light on how exactly the Al collar is helping against poaching, is it by tracking the animal or what?
Re: South Africa Putting "AI Collars" On Rhinos To Protect Them From Poachers (PICS) by Melagros(m): 10:09pm On Oct 21, 2023
Walehelt:

You always have joy in bad mouthing nigeria, i hope all is well at home?
Exactly my brother, you sabi the idiot
Re: South Africa Putting "AI Collars" On Rhinos To Protect Them From Poachers (PICS) by kolawolemonsuru: 11:00pm On Oct 21, 2023
IDIOT ARE YOU A RHINO? WHY COMPLAINING they look so inconveniencing to me. [/quote]

1 Like

Re: South Africa Putting "AI Collars" On Rhinos To Protect Them From Poachers (PICS) by kolawolemonsuru: 11:01pm On Oct 21, 2023
IDIOT READ ALL OVER AGAIN. I wish they threw more light on how exactly the Al collar is helping against poaching, is it by tracking the animal or what? [/quote]

1 Like

Re: South Africa Putting "AI Collars" On Rhinos To Protect Them From Poachers (PICS) by KingCold: 11:34pm On Oct 21, 2023
STEWpid:

Cc. TMKsouth

[i[b]]Nigerians don't worship the whites.
[/b]
We appreciate foreigners that we so much love to treat them right, even if you're from South Africa, Burundi, Afghanistan, or wherever.

Nigerians are unrelenting in nature.[/i]

Chai..
You do.
Re: South Africa Putting "AI Collars" On Rhinos To Protect Them From Poachers (PICS) by francotunsco: 12:08am On Oct 22, 2023
The device seem vulnerable to be easily damaged when the Rhino steps or walks in water. Nice initiative anyways.
Re: South Africa Putting "AI Collars" On Rhinos To Protect Them From Poachers (PICS) by Walehelt(m): 12:36am On Oct 22, 2023
Melagros:
Exactly my brother, you sabi the idiot
It is a low self esteem trait, always picking on nigeria on a nigerian forum
Re: South Africa Putting "AI Collars" On Rhinos To Protect Them From Poachers (PICS) by Originalsly: 4:03am On Oct 22, 2023
GanagiBitrus:

Africans would kill an elephant .... use the meat to feed the village. Oyibo would kill an elephant.... for just the tusks to use as house decoration and abandon the carcass.... and you are here shouting
thank God for Oyibo? .... the most destructive set of people on planet Earth? Which God are you thanking?

Inferiority complex is a disease.
Re: South Africa Putting "AI Collars" On Rhinos To Protect Them From Poachers (PICS) by GanagiBitrus: 6:24am On Oct 22, 2023
Originalsly:

Africans would kill an elephant .... use the meat to feed the village. Oyibo would kill an elephant.... for just the tusks to use as house decoration and abandon the carcass.... and you are here shouting
thank God for Oyibo? .... the most destructive set of people on planet Earth? Which God are you thanking?

Inferiority complex is a disease.

Give Oyibo credit for the AI Collar Technology and Wild Life Conservation Initiative in general.
That's essentially what has prevented those animals from extinction.
Don't be bitter towards the truth.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Putting "AI Collars" On Rhinos To Protect Them From Poachers (PICS) by Karnice600: 6:38am On Oct 22, 2023
TMKsouth:

https://www.goodthingsguy.com/environment/conservation-collars-are-helping-keep-these-rhinos-safe/

The white man in that picture speak volumes about the miracles of SAā€™s economy. Africans are generally known to eat their future in todayā€™s feast. Expel the white minds in Southy and watch her dive south.

Before you start shouting slave mentality, know your reality.
If the world is destroyed and recreated over and over again, applied knowledge and wisdom will still rule over muscles and mineral resources. What do I mean?
The whites, over the years, have made knowledge and intellectual assets their stronghold. From Faraday to Einstein.., they, as a result of this have built strong institutions to this effect. It follows that to use whatā€™s under the ground efficiently, you need whatā€™s in the head to be equally rich as well.
Oxford, Cambridge, Harvardā€¦.these are the ā€œnatural resourcesā€ of the whites. The ugly truth is, no matter how much crude or gold you have, youā€™ll need knowledge driven systems to help utilize what you have.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See The Green Mamba That Was Killed By My Wife Yesterday / Satellites Glimpse Ultra-powerful ā€œblack Holeā€ Whirlpools In Atlantic / Busted: Nigerian ā€˜Inventorsā€™ Whose Claims Turned Out To Be False (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.