Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,230 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

S. Africa Criticized For Taking A Call From Hamas Leader Ismail Haniyeh (PICS) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / S. Africa Criticized For Taking A Call From Hamas Leader Ismail Haniyeh (PICS) (1603 Views)

Three Sons Of Hamas Leader Ismail Haniyeh Killed By IDF Strike(photos) / Israeli Forces Arrest Sister Of Hamas Chief Ismail Haniyeh. / Anna Tereshkova Strips Off In Snow To Encourage Toughness, She Gets Criticized (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

S. Africa Criticized For Taking A Call From Hamas Leader Ismail Haniyeh (PICS) by TMKsouth: 1:27pm On Oct 20, 2023
South Africa's foreign minister has been criticized for holding a phone call with the leader of Hamas just 10 days after the Palestinian militant group launched a deadly attack on Israel.

While the South African government has long expressed solidarity with the Palestinian people, a South African Jewish organization says the phone call indicates the minister “supports” Hamas.

Naledi Pandor, formally South Africa's minister of international relations and cooperation (DIRCO), said in a statement that she held a call with Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh at his request to “discuss getting humanitarian aid into Palestine.”

DIRCO said that contrary to false reports the minister did not express support for Hamas’ attack on Israel on October 7 that saw 1,400 people killed and almost 200 Israelis taken hostage.

Rather, in keeping with her government’s position, the department said she “reiterated South Africa’s solidarity and support” for the Palestinian people and “expressed sadness and regret for the loss of innocent lives on both sides.”

But Karen Milner, the chairperson of South Africa’s Jewish Board of Deputies, said the call showed the minister had taken a side.

“The South African Jewish Board of deputies and the South African Jewish community is horrified at the fact that Naledi Pandor, the minister of foreign affairs for South Africa, had a call with Hamas soon after the atrocious and horrific attack by Hamas on Israel,” said Milner.

She said Pandor’s actions suggested Pandor “supports” Hamas.

“The minister of foreign affairs calling a Hamas leader at the same time as every other country in the free world has condemned the Hamas attacks shows that Minister Pandor has taken a side and has dragged South Africa into a very, very dangerous situation as she supports Hamas militants,” Milner said.

Earlier this week, South African President Cyril Ramaphosa issued his condolences to the people of Israel but also pledged solidarity with the Palestinians, saying they were waging a “just struggle.” He said South Africa supports a two-state solution and has offered his country’s help with mediation.

South Africa’s governing party, the African National Congress, has often drawn what it says are parallels between Black South Africans’ struggle against the racist white apartheid regime and the situation in the Middle East. Pandor has previously called for Israel to be designated “an apartheid state.”

Bob Wekesa, a senior lecturer at the University of Witswatersrand in Johannesburg, said while usually the government deals with the Palestinian Authority, it was clear the government had also taken a position “in support of Hamas.”

“I think on the diplomatic front, it is strange that DIRCO would take a call from Hamas, given that it’s not a formal organization,” he said, referring to the Department of International Relations and Cooperation. “In any case, it has been declared — or labeled, or classified — as a terrorist group.”

South Africa has a considerable Muslim population and a sizable Jewish population.

3 Shares

Re: S. Africa Criticized For Taking A Call From Hamas Leader Ismail Haniyeh (PICS) by TMKsouth: 1:27pm On Oct 20, 2023

Re: S. Africa Criticized For Taking A Call From Hamas Leader Ismail Haniyeh (PICS) by Antoeni(m): 1:32pm On Oct 20, 2023
It's Like South Africa Needs One Urgent Warning Strike From Israeli Forces

9 Likes

Re: S. Africa Criticized For Taking A Call From Hamas Leader Ismail Haniyeh (PICS) by Johncables402: 1:35pm On Oct 20, 2023
Who is surprised sef South Africans are terrorists and terrorist lovers . Useless country that doesn't like human rights of others. Trash people full of hate for good Africans but love terrorists. Just like Yellowbars they will learn the hard way for allowing terrorists to come close to their country. Stoopid cunts. I pray hamas become like Fulanis in Illorin to them. Rubbish

5 Likes

Re: S. Africa Criticized For Taking A Call From Hamas Leader Ismail Haniyeh (PICS) by AdamuKD: 1:44pm On Oct 20, 2023
Samantha124 country na terrorist country
Re: S. Africa Criticized For Taking A Call From Hamas Leader Ismail Haniyeh (PICS) by Raskimonojendor: 1:58pm On Oct 20, 2023
Johncables402:
Who is surprised sef South Africans are terrorists and terrorist lovers . Useless country that doesn't like human rights of others. Trash people full of hate for good Africans but love terrorists. Just Yellowbars they will learn the hard way for allowing terrorists to come close to their country. Stoopid cunts. I pray hamas become like Fulanis in Illorin to them. Rubbish
Hamas is what IPOB/UGM/ESN is to South East Nigeria

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: S. Africa Criticized For Taking A Call From Hamas Leader Ismail Haniyeh (PICS) by Johncables402: 1:58pm On Oct 20, 2023
Antoeni:
It's Like South Africa Needs One Urgent Warning Strike From Israeli Forces

I hate that country with a passion. They should be bombed by Israel. What kind of democratic country always sides with terrorists. If not Iran,Iraq,Pakistan and other useless countries its Russia, what is wrong with these useless people. Why they don't like progressive and developed countries? Even their father Mandela died a useless terrorists in a USA most wanted criminal list.

3 Likes

Re: S. Africa Criticized For Taking A Call From Hamas Leader Ismail Haniyeh (PICS) by Johncables402: 2:01pm On Oct 20, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

Stop spreading propaganda out of hate. IPOB has always been peaceful unless you provoke us on our land . Rubbish comparison
Re: S. Africa Criticized For Taking A Call From Hamas Leader Ismail Haniyeh (PICS) by Nobody: 2:11pm On Oct 20, 2023
Count me out because I don't agree with all of this... I have nothing against Muslim Arabs, but these people always like using violence to solve their problems and the innocent people always end up paying the price.

These same people they're supporting might just one day bomb us because with the way the number of Arabic Muslims seem to be slowly growing here in SA to a point that you'll even find some Pakistanis in villages, some with their children who are fluent in our local languages, I just can't help but sometimes worry.

Years to come, an Arab spring might just occur.
AdamuKD:
Samantha124 country na terrorist country

5 Likes

Re: S. Africa Criticized For Taking A Call From Hamas Leader Ismail Haniyeh (PICS) by Roger3D(m): 2:27pm On Oct 20, 2023
When the SA was taking hits from the racist whites, the PLO backed them and so now it's pro quid. Weldone SA on Palestine we stand

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: S. Africa Criticized For Taking A Call From Hamas Leader Ismail Haniyeh (PICS) by AdamuKD: 2:48pm On Oct 20, 2023
Samantha124:
Count me out because I don't agree with all of this... I have nothing against Muslim Arabs, but these people always like using violence to solve their problems and the innocent people always end up paying the price.

These same people they're supporting might just one day bomb us because with the way the number of Arabic Muslims seem to be slowly growing here in SA to a point that you'll even find some Pakistanis in villages, some with their children who are fluent in our local languages, I just can't help but sometimes worry.

Those people are barbaric and wicked. I pray South Africans should not encounter what we going through in Nigeria because of Islam.
Give them an inch, they will forcefully take a mile
Just check the whole wild world. Its only Islam against everybody. And you call that religion? Its a cult supervised by devil
Re: S. Africa Criticized For Taking A Call From Hamas Leader Ismail Haniyeh (PICS) by AdamuKD: 2:52pm On Oct 20, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

One Mohamedian headslamming Islamic terrorist spotted
Re: S. Africa Criticized For Taking A Call From Hamas Leader Ismail Haniyeh (PICS) by ThatFairGuy1: 2:53pm On Oct 20, 2023
Why should that raise dust angry

Must everyone foolishly support Terrorist Land grabbing Israel angry

Moderator, stop deleting my post that's against this people.

A thread where 6 years old Palestinian kid was stabbed to death 26 times never graced till today.
Keep up with your Hypocrisy

2 Likes

Re: S. Africa Criticized For Taking A Call From Hamas Leader Ismail Haniyeh (PICS) by ThatFairGuy1: 2:54pm On Oct 20, 2023
ThatFairGuy1:
Why should that raise dust angry

Must everyone foolishly support Terrorist Land grabbing Israel angry

Moderator, stop deleting my post that's against this people.

A thread where 6 years old Palestinian kid was stabbed to death 26 times never graced till today.
Keep up with your Hypocrisy

2 Likes

Re: S. Africa Criticized For Taking A Call From Hamas Leader Ismail Haniyeh (PICS) by eepeepook: 2:57pm On Oct 20, 2023
He's a world leader. He needs first hand knowledge of affairs. Why should he receive information from western media with their biased reporting?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: S. Africa Criticized For Taking A Call From Hamas Leader Ismail Haniyeh (PICS) by RealEzee(m): 3:14pm On Oct 20, 2023
If he like he shud pick call
By d time israel face dem dia body go talk
Re: S. Africa Criticized For Taking A Call From Hamas Leader Ismail Haniyeh (PICS) by YoungBlackRico(m): 3:17pm On Oct 20, 2023
No one cares what y'all got going on down there abeg
Re: S. Africa Criticized For Taking A Call From Hamas Leader Ismail Haniyeh (PICS) by ivolt: 3:23pm On Oct 20, 2023
Nothing surprising here.
Re: S. Africa Criticized For Taking A Call From Hamas Leader Ismail Haniyeh (PICS) by MasterJayJay: 3:40pm On Oct 20, 2023
They should send southafrican soldiers to Palestine to fight together with Hamas.
Re: S. Africa Criticized For Taking A Call From Hamas Leader Ismail Haniyeh (PICS) by SuperOnyi: 4:21pm On Oct 20, 2023
Samantha124:

shocked

grin grin

Survival of the fittest! The same reason some parts of Europe might become "arabized" a thousand years from now.
Re: S. Africa Criticized For Taking A Call From Hamas Leader Ismail Haniyeh (PICS) by hammerFC: 5:39pm On Oct 20, 2023
Samantha124:

I'm glad you are not as ignorant as alot of Africans.

They dont know our continent is being targeted by the Asians for expansion.

In particular, Indians/Arabs(Samething) and Chinese.

Islam is a vehicle for conquest, they use it to conquer people land.

First thing they do is to build a mosque, once they arrive and that land is gone.
Re: S. Africa Criticized For Taking A Call From Hamas Leader Ismail Haniyeh (PICS) by Rahkman: 5:43pm On Oct 20, 2023
Johncables402:
Who is surprised sef South Africans are terrorists and terrorist lovers . Useless country that doesn't like human rights of others. Trash people full of hate for good Africans but love terrorists. Just like Yellowbars they will learn the hard way for allowing terrorists to come close to their country. Stoopid cunts. I pray hamas become like Fulanis in Illorin to them. Rubbish
black South Africans the Afrikaans stand firmly with isreal
Re: S. Africa Criticized For Taking A Call From Hamas Leader Ismail Haniyeh (PICS) by Nobody: 6:15pm On Oct 20, 2023
Reminds me of my Arab lecturer back in varsity... He always dressed nice and drove this nice Porsche Cabriolet like those Arabic guys in the middle East... grin grin grin

But the man was always moody and throwing tantrums to a point that we even got used to his tantrums and sometimes we'd make a jest of him.. grin grin grin

The day I missed his test was the day I wished the ground could open up so that I can throw myself in... I spent 15 minutes on the phone with him yelling at me, but in the end he still granted me a chance to write an aegrotat test.

Even though he was a good lecturer, I wouldn't be surprised if one day I hear that he left SA to join the Hamas with those tantrums of his...😂😂😂
SuperOnyi:

shocked

grin grin

Survival of the fittest! The same reason some parts of Europe might become "arabized" a thousand years from now.

1 Like

Re: S. Africa Criticized For Taking A Call From Hamas Leader Ismail Haniyeh (PICS) by Nobody: 9:23pm On Oct 20, 2023
Last year when I was in my grandparents' village, I heard they were looking for a piece of land there where they'll have their own cemetery... They first went to the municipality and the municipality referred them to the customary courts of the land because they're the ones who have the juristiction to grant people lands there.... There are a number of shops there owned by Arabs.

Well, what can I say? At the end of the day, Africa is home to everyone.
hammerFC:

I'm glad you are not as ignorant as alot of Africans.

They dont know our continent is being targeted by the Asians for expansion.

In particular, Indians/Arabs(Samething) and Chinese.

Islam is a vehicle for conquest, they use it to conquer people land.

First thing they do is to build a mosque, once they arrive and that land is gone.
Re: S. Africa Criticized For Taking A Call From Hamas Leader Ismail Haniyeh (PICS) by Princewill1(m): 9:51pm On Oct 20, 2023
Zionists movement is farcist and terrorist organization.
Re: S. Africa Criticized For Taking A Call From Hamas Leader Ismail Haniyeh (PICS) by Princewill1(m): 10:05pm On Oct 20, 2023
South Africa has the best foreign policy in Africa.

Most African countries are just mere Western puppets who doesn't have minds of their own.

Why South Africa can easily identify with Palestinians is because they know what it means to live under Apartheid regime.

Israel is the only country in world today running a UN approved Apartheid system.

South Africa should pls continue to assist the defenseless people of Palestinians in anyway possible. History will be kind to you people.

Israel Is A Rogue Nation

1 Like

Re: S. Africa Criticized For Taking A Call From Hamas Leader Ismail Haniyeh (PICS) by hammerFC: 9:33am On Oct 21, 2023
Samantha124:
Last year when I was in my grandparents' village, I heard they were looking for a piece of land there where they'll have their own cemetery... They first went to the municipality and the municipality referred them to the customary courts of the land because they're the ones who have the juristiction to grant people lands there.... There are a number of shops there owned by Arabs.

Well, what can I say? At the end of the day, Africa is home to everyone.

@Bolded, that rainbow nation slogan again? U are truly a South African.

Seriously, Africa is the origin of Humanity but everyone have a part of the world where they belong.

Africa is the land of the Black, the only place on God's earth we get to be Kings and Queens.

Muslims have an agenda to conquer the whole world and Africa is viewed as an easy work.

Last year, they were attacking villages in Mozambique, so their Army of Jihadist is not far from South Africa.

Earlier, in the 7th century, they conquered East Africa coast all the way to Tanzania, but European colonialism stopped them in 15th century.

Now they are pushing South to reach Cape town SA. They wont rest until they deep their Quran into the Atlantic Ocean.

https://www.hrw.org/news/2021/09/29/mozambique-isis-linked-group-using-child-soldiers
Re: S. Africa Criticized For Taking A Call From Hamas Leader Ismail Haniyeh (PICS) by Nobody: 10:39am On Oct 21, 2023
Everyone has a part of the world where they belong, but we can't deny that Africans are also scattered everywhere around the world.

And even though the SA constitution recognizes all other religious beliefs, SA is still dominated by both the Christian and the traditional African religion so far... Maybe in the next hundred years things might change, I don't know.

The only thing we should just do is go for martial arts classes and have a licensed gun in case it reaches to that point one day... grin grin grin
hammerFC:

@Bolded, that rainbow nation slogan again? U are truly a South African.

Seriously, Africa is the origin of Humanity but everyone have a part of the world where they belong.

Africa is the land of the Black, the only place on God's earth we get to be Kings and Queens.

Muslims have an agenda to conquer the whole world and Africa is viewed as an easy work.

Last year, they were attacking villages in Mozambique, so their Army of Jihadist is not far from South Africa.

Earlier, in the 7th century, they conquered East Africa coast all the way to Tanzania, but European colonialism stopped them in 15th century.

Now they are pushing South to reach Cape town SA. They wont rest until they deep their Quran into the Atlantic Ocean.

https://www.hrw.org/news/2021/09/29/mozambique-isis-linked-group-using-child-soldiers

Re: S. Africa Criticized For Taking A Call From Hamas Leader Ismail Haniyeh (PICS) by hammerFC: 10:44am On Oct 21, 2023
Samantha124:
Everyone has a part of the world where they belong, but we can't deny that Africans are also scattered everywhere around the world.

And even though the SA constitution recognizes all other religious beliefs, SA is still dominated by both the Christian and the traditional African religion so far... Maybe in the next hundred years things might change, I don't know.

The only thing we should just do is go for martial arts classes and have a licensed gun in case it reaches to that point one day... grin grin grin

Did you open the link?

This white wash way of reasoning, will shock you, when what has been happening in Nigeria with Boko Haram, starts happening in SA.

I was refering to terrorism and jihard, not consent or faith.

They force people into that religion at Knife point.

See the link i attached to my other post.
Re: S. Africa Criticized For Taking A Call From Hamas Leader Ismail Haniyeh (PICS) by Nobody: 11:00am On Oct 21, 2023
I haven't opened the link, but I have watched some on the news somewhere last year.

I get your point, but we can't deny innocent Arabs from coming into the country based on their religion... In as much as they may one day turn against us and form their own terrorist group, we can't do anything right now because our hands are tied.

We just need to be prepared for anything.
hammerFC:

Did you open the link?

This white wash way of reasoning, will shock you, when what has been happening in Nigeria with Boko Haram, starts happening in SA.

I was refering to terrorism and jihard, not consent or faith.

They force people into that religion at Knife point.

See the link i attached to my other post.
Re: S. Africa Criticized For Taking A Call From Hamas Leader Ismail Haniyeh (PICS) by hammerFC: 11:29am On Oct 21, 2023
Samantha124:
I haven't opened the link, but I have watched some on the news somewhere last year.

I get your point, but we can't deny innocent Arabs from coming into the country based on their religion... In as much as they may one day turn against us and form their own terrorist group, we can't do anything right now because our hands are tied.

Exactly, use your regional body to check their activities in Mozambiqque as a group because when they finish there, you are next.

Make your leaders aware that they must not sell the country to arabs.

I dont know why your president Cyril Ramaphosa want a road/rail from Cape Town to Cairo Egypt.

They must not make it look as if South Africa is ripe for the taking.

The arabs are worst than the whites, they were the first to start slavery and taking people land.

https://www.al-monitor.com/originals/2021/02/egypt-road-africa-development-export-trade.html

https://www./cairo-cape-town-highway-what-you-need-know-mark-anthony-johnson

https://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsContent/1/64/357471/Egypt/Politics-/South-Africa-supports-dream-of-CairoCapetown-railw.aspx

Re: S. Africa Criticized For Taking A Call From Hamas Leader Ismail Haniyeh (PICS) by hammerFC: 1:42pm On Oct 21, 2023
Samantha124:

Have u seen this?

How many mosque have saudi arabia funded in SA now?

He did it for money they are funded for this.

U guys are sleep walking into this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qZRwm4FX24

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIo5DZ61IMk

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obama, The African Colonial / Why Is There A War In Syria? / Obama Sends Troops Against Ugandan Rebels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.