Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,931 members, 7,828,243 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

Why? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why? (1184 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why? by ebonyvibe(f): 11:03am On Oct 24, 2011
It still baffles me till tomorrow why is it that when a man cheats people asks his wife to be patient or go an pray but when a woman cheats the automatic answer is for the man to leave the woman?
Re: Why? by slimyem: 11:13am On Oct 24, 2011
is there any point questioning it?
Its such an unfair treatment for women but sadly,that's what obtains in African culture/environment.
Re: Why? by mashnino(m): 11:14am On Oct 24, 2011
Re: Why? by tellwisdom: 11:18am On Oct 24, 2011
Egonyibribe, reverse is the case for me, If u marry me, wld only allow men to touch ur yansh. notin more undecided undecided
Re: Why? by freecocoa(f): 11:21am On Oct 24, 2011
My sister the thing tire me.
I guess its just the way it is especially in this part of the world,they won't hesitate to tell you that men are polygamous in nature.
They say that men are visual beings so they can sleep with a woman without strings attached,and go their way as if nothing happened,but women are often emotional,if they start cheating or sleeping with someone they can easily form a bond with that person thereby making it difficult to quit easily.
Re: Why? by kpolli(m): 12:13pm On Oct 24, 2011
Its vice versa jo
Re: Why? by Sijo01(f): 12:18pm On Oct 24, 2011
Its so painful!
angry angry
Re: Why? by MrCork17: 12:27pm On Oct 24, 2011
ebonyvibe:

It still baffles me till tomorrow why is it that when a man cheats people asks his wife to be patient or go an pray but when a woman cheats the automatic answer is for the man to leave the woman?

Ebonivibe. Madam  am writing a novel on Planet earth.   Do you wear thongs or Xtra large pant? cheers!    cry 
Re: Why? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Oct 24, 2011
It has to do with d way we were created.if a woman keeps mutiple partners her 'thing' will slack. bt a guy can sleep wit all the women in the world,nothing go slack. So thats it.
Re: Why? by iice(f): 1:07pm On Oct 24, 2011
Because it's a man's world
Because its nurture's nature's way that he is polygamous.
Re: Why? by ebonyvibe(f): 1:09pm On Oct 24, 2011
BlueBarbie:

It has to do with d way we were created.if a woman keeps mutiple partners her 'thing' will slack. bt a guy can sleep wit all the women in the world,nothing go slack. So thats it.

That is very doubtful i have never heard of a woman's thing slack before it is the lie men have told women and some chose to believe it. is it not the same way people have children how come mothers can still have se, x.

i have never seen a man's rod bigger than a child's head before. If you have any example could you kindly reference them.

iice:

Because it's a man's world
Because its nurture's nature's way that he is polygamous.

But it is not nature tellin the women to be paitent and go and pray and the men to divorce their wives it is humans.  in nature we have other animals and none of their female are loyal like human so it isnt natures way it is an imposed culture
Re: Why? by slimyem: 1:12pm On Oct 24, 2011
BlueBarbie:

now,this is crap!
Re: Why? by Sijo01(f): 1:16pm On Oct 24, 2011
BlueBarbie:

absolute rubbish!
Re: Why? by mobf: 1:18pm On Oct 24, 2011
BlueBarbie:

what are you? angry
Re: Why? by iice(f): 1:21pm On Oct 24, 2011
ebonyvibe:

But it is not nature tellin the women to be paitent and go and pray and the men to divorce their wives it is humans.  in nature we have other animals and none of their femail are loyal like human so it isnt natures way it is an imposed culture

We have been trained to believe that it's ok for them not stick to one women, just as we have been trained that it's our duty to be patient and pray for them, because we have the capacity to be more forgiving.  The 'it's man's nature to be polygamous' has been used to nurture neuter us.  
Re: Why? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Oct 24, 2011
ebonyvibe:

really, i also think it's unfair. African culture is a lot unfair to women undecided
Re: Why? by mobf: 1:31pm On Oct 24, 2011
If you're married to a guy and you find out he's a two timer, it's up to you to let him go n move on or forgive. It's no use blaming it on the society ( in the guise that the society expects you to forgive him n remain true to him).
Who are you living your life for?
Re: Why? by ebonyvibe(f): 1:36pm On Oct 24, 2011
mobf:

If you're married to a guy and you find out he's a two timer, it's up to you to let him go n move on or forgive. It's no use blaming it on the society ( in the guise that the society expects you to forgive him n remain true to him).
Who are you living your life for?

I hear you but the thread isnt discussing what should the woman do it is absolutely up you an individual how they lead their live but my question is why are different gender advised in a different way
Re: Why? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Oct 24, 2011
[size=14pt]It's absolute Rubbish to me! There should be no moral, societal or cultural ideology that should support such shameless gallivanting! There is no excuse for adultery! But i must admit that it is just a trait of that selfish imperfection in all humans! Male and Female alike, we all at a point in time feel like cheating. But then, we have consciences that minister to us and should help us reason out all negativity that would be consequential to our actions!
Men cheat, women cheat. A woman cheated on has all rights to leave the Man, it's vice versa! No one should be asked to wait on, or pray over a cheating partner! There should be no compartmentalization to that regards!

Or is the Law in support of cheating spouses too?. . .
[/size]
Re: Why? by MrCork17: 3:25pm On Oct 24, 2011
ebonyvibe. Sweeery u just have to understand that the more punnny a guy gets, the more respect he gets. How can a guy be stuck with just one punnny? NOT ALLOWED!!

In fact, you should be happy he a player. At least, he has you!! wink
Re: Why? by ANTIsex(m): 9:25pm On Oct 24, 2011
^^ true talk mr cork cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why? by Idowuogbo(f): 10:24pm On Oct 24, 2011
BlueBarbie:

Emh now u have spoken like meeeeeh as in a goat , nonsense

mobf:

what are you? angry
shes a barbie bcus she thinks like a barbie , u no dey say barbies are quite slow in thinkin
Re: Why? by Blazing88(f): 10:36pm On Oct 24, 2011
its annoying!!!
so unfair to african women.
Re: Why? by MrCork17: 12:30pm On Oct 25, 2011
and why must women always complian? undecided
Re: Why? by MMM2(m): 1:43pm On Oct 25, 2011
op becos men love sex more than women wink
Re: Why? by MrCork17: 1:59pm On Oct 25, 2011
***ok am goin to help Ebonyvibe find a good WHite man!! wink ***
Re: Why? by tashanja(m): 3:58am On Oct 26, 2011
All these women annoyed and complaining its not fair, its not fair; oya free us jor, make wuna cheat wuna husband/bf if it will make you feel better.

@ Poster, though freecocoa's response was loaded with sarcasm but ironically also true to the core.

I would also like to give you another basic reason: its connected with the possible consequences of sex, child bearing, and the male's natural role as the bread winner/provider along with the need to protect him from shouldering the burden of supporting a child not his own through a woman's infidelity - in short a child's paternity can never be assured in a multiple sexual relationship; while the reverse is not the case.

Yes, feel free to blame nature for this quirk - as if the the same nature does not favour women above men in other aspect of life. Please, learn to appreciate your life in God's design whether you are a man or woman - we have so much to be thankful for just being healthy, sane and alive.

(1) (Reply)

deleted / Nairaland Men Choose Your Favourite Wife / My True Experience!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.