Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,417 members, 7,830,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

Third Mainland Bridge Will Be Reconstructed In 2024 – FG - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Third Mainland Bridge Will Be Reconstructed In 2024 – FG (13966 Views)

Traffic Advisory: Movement On Third Mainland Bridge Will Be Restricted Today / Apapa-wharf Road That Dangote Reconstructed; See What Trailers Are Turning It To / The New & Yet-to-be Used Ikeja Bus Terminal Is Being Reconstructed (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Third Mainland Bridge Will Be Reconstructed In 2024 – FG by BrickDevo: 10:04pm On Oct 20, 2023
Will it reduce price of rice?
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Will Be Reconstructed In 2024 – FG by EmmaLege: 10:13pm On Oct 20, 2023
💀💀💀
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Will Be Reconstructed In 2024 – FG by OlujobaSamuel: 10:19pm On Oct 20, 2023
Phoenix873:
Arguably Nigeria's most famous bridge.
I have only used it on four occasions and each times, when on top of the vast lagoon beneath, I marvelled at the mighty power of God.
The Babangida regime and Julius Berger who built the bridge really tried. An engineering marvel.

By the way, can someone educate me on what are those brown looking floating things scattered on some parts of the lagoon as seen from the bridge? Are they fish traps or something?
Also, I remember seeing some spots on the lagoon full of weeds/grasses or somehow looking like tiny islands.
It's a raft made by locals living by the lagoon, I learnt they use it for planting vegetables and also trade on it.

2 Likes

Re: Third Mainland Bridge Will Be Reconstructed In 2024 – FG by john650(m): 10:34pm On Oct 20, 2023
Why must they close the entire bridge for six months when it would take the contractors three months to import the materials needed? Why can't they wait until the materials are available and ready before closing off parts of the bridge?

Secondly, why can't they close-off one or two lanes on each side, assuming there are three lanes on each side so that some traffic can be maintained while the work is being done and commuters are not severely inconvenienced? This is how it is done in most countries. You don't close off an entire bridge because you want to resurface it. Nonsense.

3 Likes

Re: Third Mainland Bridge Will Be Reconstructed In 2024 – FG by princetom1(m): 11:10pm On Oct 20, 2023
Phoenix873:
I have only used it on four occasions and each times, when on top of the vast lagoon beneath, I marvelled at the mighty power of God.
The Babangida regime and Julius Berger who built the bridge really tried. An engineering marvel.

By the way, can someone educate me on what are those brown looking floating things scattered on some parts of the lagoon as seen from the bridge? Are they fish traps or something?
Also, I remember seeing some spots on the lagoon full of weeds/grasses or somehow looking like tiny islands.
Those are logs, for wood, there is wood market under the bridge sef,

1 Like

Re: Third Mainland Bridge Will Be Reconstructed In 2024 – FG by mywells: 11:12pm On Oct 20, 2023
Those things you see there are logs of woods,they can not be transported by road,it can only be transported by the lagoon from ikorodu to Lagos state,.
Phoenix873:

2 Likes

Re: Third Mainland Bridge Will Be Reconstructed In 2024 – FG by Omoapena(m): 11:49pm On Oct 20, 2023
I knew they will come up with closing it for another months, that 6 months will definitely turn to a year plus

Foolish and stupid government

2 Likes

Re: Third Mainland Bridge Will Be Reconstructed In 2024 – FG by mywells: 11:53pm On Oct 20, 2023
Idiots they are here talking about bridge that was built by a military president,where some countries have built railroads and tunnel under the oceans with latest technology ,useless democracy government with any iota of ideals,they just come to steal,loots and destroy, they're here talking about how to spread asphalt on a bridge built over 30yrs,enemy of progress call president, they only knows how to forge certificate, push drugs,shameless old dogs everywhere in government.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Third Mainland Bridge Will Be Reconstructed In 2024 – FG by hkidola00(m): 11:59pm On Oct 20, 2023
spy24:
Nigeria has had progressively worse lead since 1999

Why is it that all the major capital project worth billions of dollars that you can point to in Nigeria were done by the military...

Common fourth mainland bridge, Dem no fit do...

The only gigantic project that have happened in Nigeria recently is that Godswill Akpabio stadium
well maybe amaechi rail is the only civilian stuff
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Will Be Reconstructed In 2024 – FG by Vision101(m): 12:39am On Oct 21, 2023
Racoon
Where will the budgetary provision comes from? Guess they will not tell us they want to borrow another stash of billions again to loot because of this undertaking?

@me
One of the benefits of removal of subsidy. The savings is there. We advised you rather than be living fake life and infrastructure deteriorate, remove the bloody subsidy and rechannel the savings to capital formation items.
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Will Be Reconstructed In 2024 – FG by DeepSight(m): 3:02am On Oct 21, 2023
Vision101:

@me
One of the benefits of removal of subsidy. The savings is there. We advised you rather than be living fake life and infrastructure deteriorate, remove the bloody subsidy and rechannel the savings to capital formation items.

You obviously know nothing about Nigeria if you really think any savings from subsidy removal will go towards any infrastructure.

2 Likes

Re: Third Mainland Bridge Will Be Reconstructed In 2024 – FG by Enemyofpeace: 3:09am On Oct 21, 2023
Audio reconstruction

1 Like

Re: Third Mainland Bridge Will Be Reconstructed In 2024 – FG by Nobody: 5:46am On Oct 21, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:

https://punchng.com/third-mainland-bridge-will-be-reconstructed-in-2024-fg/?utm_source=telegram&utm_medium=social
Talk talk talk! Just shut up and work! I had high hopes when umahi was junketing round the country making promises, proclamations and pronunciations. I still can't travel intra-state within my state of residence because not one tipper of laterite or the proposed sharp sand has been dumped and graded to allow passage. Shut up and work! To the ugly-faced governor whose only achievements are troublemaking and fighting political associates, I reserve my comment.

1 Like

Re: Third Mainland Bridge Will Be Reconstructed In 2024 – FG by Shobizz(m): 5:55am On Oct 21, 2023
https://ng.oraimo.com?affiliate_code=mZ62H8eA0L&referring_service=link

Promo Code 5% Discount : M05FXUSD5A41

Add on
Payment on delivery
Free Delivery to your location
1 year Warranty
3-4 working days before delivery
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Will Be Reconstructed In 2024 – FG by Ikaeniyan0: 6:42am On Oct 21, 2023
Chokehold:
Talk talk talk! Just shut up and work! I had high hopes when umahi was junketing round the country making promises, proclamations and pronunciations. I still can't travel intra-state within my state of residence because not one tipper of laterite or the proposed sharp sand has been dumped and graded to allow passage. Shut up and work! To the ugly-faced governor whose only achievements are troublemaking and fighting political associates, I reserve my comment.
So Umahi should fix all the roads in less than 3 month?
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Will Be Reconstructed In 2024 – FG by Brushstrokes20: 7:54am On Oct 21, 2023
Kudos to the military govt that built the 3rd mainland bridge and other commendable landmarks...

Unlike THE INVISIBLE 4th mainland bridge that is being VERBALLY constructed by USELESS , SELF SERVING POLITHIEFCIANS for several years without any trace!
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Will Be Reconstructed In 2024 – FG by Nobody: 8:04am On Oct 21, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
So Umahi should fix all the roads in less than 3 month?
You know the meaning of the English word "Expectations"? I'll tell you. You work, you don't talk.
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Will Be Reconstructed In 2024 – FG by OlujobaSamuel: 8:17am On Oct 21, 2023
john650:
Why must they close the entire bridge for six months when it would take the contractors three months to import the materials needed? Why can't they wait until the materials are available and ready before closing off parts of the bridge?

Secondly, why can't they close-off one or two lanes on each side, assuming there are three lanes on each side so that some traffic can be maintained while the work is being done and commuters are not severely inconvenienced? This is how it is done in most countries. You don't close off an entire bridge because you want to resurface it. Nonsense.
Be calming down. Read the report and understand.
The importation of relevant material will take 3months, that's why it's starting next year Jan instead of this month.
The project duration is 6months in total, split into 3months for each sides.
All these information I mentioned is stated in the report if you read it well
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Will Be Reconstructed In 2024 – FG by Blackdisciple(m): 8:22am On Oct 21, 2023
Lolzz It will be abandoned like VGC bridge no be Lagos again , we know how they do thinks.
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Will Be Reconstructed In 2024 – FG by Basicend: 9:40am On Oct 21, 2023
pocom35:
Ok
They literally reconstruct this bridge every year..

Asphalt won't do Justice on that bridge.. Dave Umahi should know this and switch to concrete..

Please they should you BUA cement from Abdulsalam RABIU this time..
wink wink wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkV1ImOcojc

Respect to Mr Rabiu (BUA). . He has done great and well.
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Will Be Reconstructed In 2024 – FG by Basicend: 9:44am On Oct 21, 2023
mywells:
Idiots they are here talking about bridge that was built by a military president,where some countries have built railroads and tunnel under the oceans with latest technology ,useless democracy government with any iota of ideals,they just come to steal,loots and destroy, they're here talking about how to spread asphalt on a bridge built over 30yrs,enemy of progress call president, they only knows how to forge certificate, push drugs,shameless old dogs everywhere in government.

Well you are right my brother. .

Well, LASG is just quite lucky that this time, the diversion will not cause much traffic issues coz many people don't have fuel power to drive their vehicles on the road. .
Re: Third Mainland Bridge Will Be Reconstructed In 2024 – FG by selfdefence: 4:19am On Oct 22, 2023
Okay, we dey wait. Let's see how this goes.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Makinde To Complete Dualization Of 7.3km Agodi Gate-Old Ife Road / Abakaliki City Is The Most Beautiful And Well Planned City In Nigeria / Nigerians Travelling And Living In Malaysia. How Do U Feel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.