Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,803 members, 7,824,339 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

Nigerians Travelling And Living In Malaysia. How Do U Feel? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians Travelling And Living In Malaysia. How Do U Feel? (13980 Views)

Nigerians Protesting Right Now In Malaysia / The Deplorable State Of The Nigerian Embassy In Malaysia (see Photos) / New Rules For Nigerians Travelling To The U.s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Travelling And Living In Malaysia. How Do U Feel? by MsPotato(f): 3:01am On Jul 01, 2011
Dear Nigerians living in Malaysia, how do u feel about the country?

Dont lie and tell the truth and shame the devil. wink
Re: Nigerians Travelling And Living In Malaysia. How Do U Feel? by MsPotato(f): 8:51am On Jul 01, 2011
Na everyone go fear! angry
Re: Nigerians Travelling And Living In Malaysia. How Do U Feel? by MsPotato(f): 1:24am On Jul 02, 2011
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked angry angry angry
Re: Nigerians Travelling And Living In Malaysia. How Do U Feel? by DAY12(m): 10:10am On Jul 02, 2011
^^^
Malaysia is a really nice place to visit, they have alot of natural tourists spot that are rich.

Malaysia has lot of good structures of tall buildings, Hotels and nice food, Mehn, nite in Malay is like same night life in New York City.

They have beautiful women, OMG! Sexy girls, dem nor dey tire for bed but na u go suffer grin grin grin grin grin

@Ms. Ropeto, are you really from Malay? undecided
Re: Nigerians Travelling And Living In Malaysia. How Do U Feel? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jul 02, 2011
Tourist country, Only Rice rice rice rice rice rice and rice angry , hotel life , condominiums , india girls, iranians tongue Bostwana chicks with Big backside, feeling as if you are in new york at night with views of skycrappers, BUT remeber NO JOBBBBBBBBBBb embarassed
Re: Nigerians Travelling And Living In Malaysia. How Do U Feel? by DAY12(m): 7:21pm On Jul 02, 2011
bandiejay:

Tourist country, Only Rice rice rice rice rice rice and rice angry , hotel life , condominiums , india girls, iranians tongue Bostwana chicks with Big backside, feeling as if you are in new york at night with views of skycrappers, BUT remeber NO JOBBBBBBBBBBb embarassed

But yet my nigga's survive !

if u can do zahoo zahooooooooo grin
Re: Nigerians Travelling And Living In Malaysia. How Do U Feel? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jul 02, 2011
Malaysia=Film-tricks + No Jobs
Re: Nigerians Travelling And Living In Malaysia. How Do U Feel? by wanaj0: 8:49am On Jul 03, 2011
Ms. Potato:

Dear Nigerians living in Malaysia, how do u feel about the country?

Dont lie and tell the truth and shame the devil. wink

It is all a function of what you are doing in Malaysia.

Malaysia is a lovely place. Lived in Miri Sarawak then moved to KL. Go to work in Labuan and KK regularly. Also get to go to JB to visit a yard. In Labuan I stay in Grand Dorsett and work from Asian Supply Base. In KK I stay in Le Meridien and Work from Wisma San Hin just by waterfront area. Loved KK because of the beaches.

All in all, a lovely place. People from East Malaysia are more friendly.

Enjoyed playing Golf there.

There is corruption in Malaysia but is hardly talked about. Right now the CM of Sarawak is facing serious heat because of corruption.

Good rivalry between Singapore and Malaysia though. Things are cheaper in Malaysia than Singapore.

Note, Malaysia is not a place to hustle for job. Remember as a BLACK person you stand out. Many Africans are there as Students with a good number in what is called 'visa' schools.

Malaysia is a Muslim country but except you are in the East Coast of the Peninsular, you are relatively safe from extremism.

Infrastructure in the West is better than the East. Flight cost is relatively cheap. Weather is cool.

Malaysia Ringgit is quite strong now. From RM1 to N36.00 in 2008 it is now like RM1 to N50.00 now. So things are more expensive in Malaysia in Naira terms.

For those who like to shop, KL is not bad for shopping. For lovers of nature, many places to go in KL. Loved the KL bird park. Labuan is a duty free area though very small island. Was told it was owned by the Sabah CM tongue

Any other thing you like to know?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Travelling And Living In Malaysia. How Do U Feel? by chelseabmw(m): 9:57am On Jul 03, 2011
Hmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Nigerians Travelling And Living In Malaysia. How Do U Feel? by dellnet: 10:49am On Jul 03, 2011
I have stayed in Malaysia for a year and worked. All you folks saying you can't get job in Malaysia I will have to object to it, but I am probably at an advantage because of my background. I like Malaysia but I don't like the weather. I have a social bad story about Malaysia.

Suicide issue is a case in Malaysia, racism is also an issue but deep down in their hearts they are open probably I would say faction plays a role but when one on one there is a mutual connection. The government has too much power and they abuse it e.g the police, RELA corps etc. I could remember telling a cabbie taking me to Sunway Pyramid;look at how far Malaysia has gone and we (Nigeria) are no where, he laughed and said do something about it and I said we are coming up, and he said oh yeah you are young.
Re: Nigerians Travelling And Living In Malaysia. How Do U Feel? by wanaj0: 12:44am On Jul 04, 2011
dell_net:

I have stayed in Malaysia for a year and worked. All you folks saying you can't get job in Malaysia I will have to object to it, but I am probably at an advantage because of my background. I like Malaysia but I don't like the weather. I have a social bad story about Malaysia.

Suicide issue is a case in Malaysia, racism is also an issue but deep down in their hearts they are open probably I would say faction plays a role but when one on one there is a mutual connection. The government has too much power and they abuse it e.g the police, RELA corps etc. I could remember telling a cabbie taking me to Sunway Pyramid;look at how far Malaysia has gone and we (Nigeria) are no where, he laughed and said do something about it and I said we are coming up, and he said oh yeah you are young.

You better share this background before you mislead people.

Of course foreigners work in Malaysia. We do have a couple of Nigerians working in Malaysia. Most are those headhunted and with Work Permit waiting for them on arrival in Malaysia. They did not come to Malaysia to hustle. So IF you are coming to Malaysia to hustle and expect to find a job it is a NO NO NO!
Re: Nigerians Travelling And Living In Malaysia. How Do U Feel? by dellnet: 3:45am On Jul 04, 2011
If my information would mislead someone then that's up to the person. This is all I can share. The "koko" will tell the rest.
Re: Nigerians Travelling And Living In Malaysia. How Do U Feel? by macmoyor(m): 10:48am On Jul 04, 2011
@ dell net; what is your background are you Albino? and what type of work you did while in Malaysia?, You came in for a year and worked?.Your papa get company for Malaysia? [s]All you folks saying you can't get job in Malaysia I will have to object to it[/s],What are your basis of objecting the fact that there is no work for guys in Malaysia? What and what do you like about Malaysia?. It will be nice to give details so that people will be informed.
@ wanaj0; Are you are an Engineer? or are you a skilled profession with company sponsor work visa?[s]Lived in Miri Sarawak then moved to KL. Go to work in Labuan and KK regularly. Also get to go to JB to visit a yard[/s] , you live in Kl and working at KK and Laubuan? what kinda work are you doing? will people get paid if they visit the yard at JB? is the grave yard or orange yard?,

let our posts be less ambiguous,clear and incisive

btw Singapore is ahead of Malaysia a million times in all ramifications.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Travelling And Living In Malaysia. How Do U Feel? by dellnet: 2:46pm On Jul 04, 2011
I like the scenery and shopping. They have some good quality items. Are you interested in a job in Malaysia?
Re: Nigerians Travelling And Living In Malaysia. How Do U Feel? by macmoyor(m): 3:40pm On Jul 04, 2011
What kind of jobs are available?, I might be interested
Re: Nigerians Travelling And Living In Malaysia. How Do U Feel? by dellnet: 4:06pm On Jul 04, 2011
macmoyor:

What kind of jobs are available?, I might be interested
sampa
Re: Nigerians Travelling And Living In Malaysia. How Do U Feel? by macmoyor(m): 4:15pm On Jul 04, 2011
hahahaah, i dey laugh like Obj,
you left Nija,come Malaysia dey do sampa under 40 degrees hot weather?( always under police net), dey look tall tall buildings and shine shine things?.
what other jobs you got?
Re: Nigerians Travelling And Living In Malaysia. How Do U Feel? by dellnet: 4:53pm On Jul 04, 2011
try jobsdb .
com
.my
Re: Nigerians Travelling And Living In Malaysia. How Do U Feel? by wanaj0: 5:33pm On Jul 04, 2011
macmoyor:

@ dell net; what is your background are you Albino? and what type of work you did while in Malaysia?, You came in for a year and worked?.Your papa get company for Malaysia? [s]All you folks saying you can't get job in Malaysia I will have to object to it[/s],What are your basis of objecting the fact that there is no work for guys in Malaysia? What and what do you like about Malaysia?. It will be nice to give details so that people will be informed.
@ wanaj0; Are you are an Engineer? or are you a skilled profession with company sponsor work visa?[s]Lived in Miri Sarawak then moved to KL. Go to work in Labuan and KK regularly. Also get to go to JB to visit a yard[/s] , you live in Kl and working at KK and Laubuan? what kinda work are you doing? will people get paid if they visit the yard at JB? is the grave yard or orange yard?,

let our posts be less ambiguous,clear and incisive

btw Singapore is ahead of Malaysia a million times in all ramifications.

Not sure what is ambiguous or strange in my posts.

Yes I am an Engineer working in the oil and gas industry.

Yard in JB is a fabrication/integration yard. Precisely MMHE yard.

Design office is in KL

Company registered office is in KK (for Sabah State) and Miri (for Sarawak State)

Labuan is the logistics and supply base.

Clear now.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Travelling And Living In Malaysia. How Do U Feel? by macmoyor(m): 5:46pm On Jul 04, 2011
your case is different. Not every body will be opportune just like you.
thanks
Re: Nigerians Travelling And Living In Malaysia. How Do U Feel? by wanaj0: 6:22pm On Jul 04, 2011
macmoyor:

your case is different. Not every body will be opportune just like you.
thanks

Thought the thread was about sharing PERSONAL experience? Never said that was the experience of everyone. My previous posts will attest to that.
Re: Nigerians Travelling And Living In Malaysia. How Do U Feel? by femiolowo1: 9:46am On Dec 20, 2011
Very interesting. Nigerians and anyone else will tend to have experiences in Malaysia based on the way they got to the country, their motives and their strategy. If you have a profession and come with a work permit, great! If you use some other means (e.g. under student visa) to come and hustle/survive, of course you will have huge problems, e.g. no job! And you know how so many Nigerians have created a terrible reputation so others who might be genuine will be judged based on this. And of course every country has good and bad, racism and politics, etc, so that is normal. I could tell you many things as I am in London and have been married here to a Malaysian for almost 30 years. Now the whole situation looks embarrassing. Nigeria was a country of very noble calibre over 30 years ago, now we seem to be the bane of the world in terms of immigration reputation. We really need to look at ourselves first, and only God can help us and deliver us from our own makings.  embarassed
Re: Nigerians Travelling And Living In Malaysia. How Do U Feel? by sexxxyprince: 9:08am On Jul 24, 2012
jj
Re: Nigerians Travelling And Living In Malaysia. How Do U Feel? by sunnyng: 10:21am On Jul 24, 2012
Nigerians, what are the social visa requirements?
Re: Nigerians Travelling And Living In Malaysia. How Do U Feel? by steve13(m): 11:13am On Jul 24, 2012
sexxxy prince: i wal be going to malaysia next week. I need real people stayin in malaysia to inbox me. Crest4crested@yahoo.com
most of una neva even cros seme boda b4 but una dey run mouth

To inbox you about what?
Re: Nigerians Travelling And Living In Malaysia. How Do U Feel? by obi13265: 12:35pm On Apr 12, 2013
Malaysia is good
Re: Nigerians Travelling And Living In Malaysia. How Do U Feel? by mikefay: 2:43pm On Apr 26, 2013
wanaj0:
you have said it all , but you forgot to tell us they are racist ............and no jobs for blacks .

It is all a function of what you are doing in Malaysia.

Malaysia is a lovely place. Lived in Miri Sarawak then moved to KL. Go to work in Labuan and KK regularly. Also get to go to JB to visit a yard. In Labuan I stay in Grand Dorsett and work from Asian Supply Base. In KK I stay in Le Meridien and Work from Wisma San Hin just by waterfront area. Loved KK because of the beaches.

All in all, a lovely place. People from East Malaysia are more friendly.

Enjoyed playing Golf there.

There is corruption in Malaysia but is hardly talked about. Right now the CM of Sarawak is facing serious heat because of corruption.

Good rivalry between Singapore and Malaysia though. Things are cheaper in Malaysia than Singapore.

Note, Malaysia is not a place to hustle for job. Remember as a BLACK person you stand out. Many Africans are there as Students with a good number in what is called 'visa' schools.

Malaysia is a Muslim country but except you are in the East Coast of the Peninsular, you are relatively safe from extremism.

Infrastructure in the West is better than the East. Flight cost is relatively cheap. Weather is cool.

Malaysia Ringgit is quite strong now. From RM1 to N36.00 in 2008 it is now like RM1 to N50.00 now. So things are more expensive in Malaysia in Naira terms.

For those who like to shop, KL is not bad for shopping. For lovers of nature, many places to go in KL. Loved the KL bird park. Labuan is a duty free area though very small island. Was told it was owned by the Sabah CM tongue

Any other thing you like to know?
Re: Nigerians Travelling And Living In Malaysia. How Do U Feel? by sexxxyprince: 2:14pm On Feb 02, 2021
j

(1) (Reply)

Does having an MSc. boost the possibility of one in securing a US|Canadian visa? / Xenophobia: Nigerians Hail Allen Onyema, Air Peace For Airlifting 187 Returnees / Private Jet - Necessity Or Luxury

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.