Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,322 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

Tunde Delu Organises Three-Team Competition To Promote Rugby In Nigeria (Pics) - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tunde Delu Organises Three-Team Competition To Promote Rugby In Nigeria (Pics) (8506 Views)

Sports And Development: The Ogun State Model - Tunde Delu / Ogun Organises 5-Aside Football Competition, Puts Up One Million Naira Prize / Lionel Messi Wore A Lucky Amulet Before Playing Against Nigeria. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tunde Delu Organises Three-Team Competition To Promote Rugby In Nigeria (Pics) by tonididdy(m): 8:03am On Oct 21, 2023
...make Dem first chop abeg ...warris dis undecided
Re: Tunde Delu Organises Three-Team Competition To Promote Rugby In Nigeria (Pics) by onadana: 8:03am On Oct 21, 2023
GanagiBitrus:

Rugby in Nigeria. shocked
Goodluck to them.

Rugby used to be very functional in
Nigeria especially Kaduna State in the 90's and early 2000's.There was a functional rugby field in Kaduna and a league system.But religious strife in Kaduna state destroyed every modicum of the game in Kaduna.If my memory permits me the rugby national captain or the Kaduna state rugby captain was killed in one of those religious riots.

3 Likes

Re: Tunde Delu Organises Three-Team Competition To Promote Rugby In Nigeria (Pics) by Ola9ja23: 8:05am On Oct 21, 2023
Ok
Re: Tunde Delu Organises Three-Team Competition To Promote Rugby In Nigeria (Pics) by ominilongest(m): 8:10am On Oct 21, 2023
Imagine me wey never chip dey play rugby, cry
Re: Tunde Delu Organises Three-Team Competition To Promote Rugby In Nigeria (Pics) by victorazyvictor(m): 8:10am On Oct 21, 2023
56michael:
How do I join love this game

Me too

1 Like

Re: Tunde Delu Organises Three-Team Competition To Promote Rugby In Nigeria (Pics) by Akaegwu(m): 8:22am On Oct 21, 2023
OluwaSegun0509:
Is that what you're feeding on presently?

As a patriotic Citizen, I have no other options. Have to support the government that spends extravagantly on themselves while advising the lower class to endure hunger and hardship
Re: Tunde Delu Organises Three-Team Competition To Promote Rugby In Nigeria (Pics) by Basicend: 8:27am On Oct 21, 2023
emerged01:
Rugby na for person wey dey eat very well

grin cheesy wink cool smiley
Re: Tunde Delu Organises Three-Team Competition To Promote Rugby In Nigeria (Pics) by ezechi242: 9:19am On Oct 21, 2023
I swear if Nigeria put head for this thing ...them go kill people o.

1 Like

Re: Tunde Delu Organises Three-Team Competition To Promote Rugby In Nigeria (Pics) by OluwaSegun0509(m): 9:22am On Oct 21, 2023
Stop acting like you're not different from the so called leaders. Many of can constitute nuisance online, then go offline to hail this so called politicians.

Akaegwu:
As a patriotic Citizen, I have no other options. Have to support the government that spends extravagantly on themselves while advising the lower class to endure hunger and hardship

1 Like

Re: Tunde Delu Organises Three-Team Competition To Promote Rugby In Nigeria (Pics) by Chetas81(m): 9:36am On Oct 21, 2023
GanagiBitrus:

Rugby in Nigeria. shocked
Goodluck to them.
😂
Re: Tunde Delu Organises Three-Team Competition To Promote Rugby In Nigeria (Pics) by Chetas81(m): 9:37am On Oct 21, 2023
Sunnie1:
Fine pic's
only pic's
Re: Tunde Delu Organises Three-Team Competition To Promote Rugby In Nigeria (Pics) by kinzation(m): 10:07am On Oct 21, 2023
AnonPoet:
Grassroots Rugby needs support in Nigeria. I don't know who to tag.

This is happening in Abeokuta at the Tunde Delu Rugby Shield.

Pictures from the event

Sir Delu 🤞🤞
Delu baba

Formerly worked in my office in UBA Abeokuta

We shared the same jersey and pitch together
Re: Tunde Delu Organises Three-Team Competition To Promote Rugby In Nigeria (Pics) by Nicenixon: 10:37am On Oct 21, 2023
This is not rugby, this is bullshit. Are those the normal sport wears and gears for rugby? They are very prone and expose to critical injuries. Na so I go play hockey without helmet until I was hit on my head by hockey stick from my opponent or should I say the day my scrotum was hit by hockey ball due to obstruction, that was the day my dream of becoming hockey player died. Any sport you wanna play, please wear the full kit and play with quality equipment be it squash, tennis, badminton etc.
Re: Tunde Delu Organises Three-Team Competition To Promote Rugby In Nigeria (Pics) by phemmyfour: 11:18am On Oct 21, 2023
Leun:

What is a Nigerian thing?

Every sport has its financial gain, rugby might not be popular here in Nigeria but trust Nigerians to take advantage of every new opportunities to be out there doing something good for themselves.
Lol...Every Country has their fortress in different sports. Its not about "can do spirit ". It didn't just appeal to us like other ball games
Re: Tunde Delu Organises Three-Team Competition To Promote Rugby In Nigeria (Pics) by Bellotelli: 12:41pm On Oct 21, 2023
Nice one from him. What government and corporate entities need to promote is diversity in our sports. Football alone cannot take us anywhere.
Re: Tunde Delu Organises Three-Team Competition To Promote Rugby In Nigeria (Pics) by merits(m): 1:20pm On Oct 21, 2023
emerged01:
Rugby na for person wey dey eat very well

And you must fit,I tried to play it in South Africa those days Omo the running round the field no be here very tedious game

1 Like

Re: Tunde Delu Organises Three-Team Competition To Promote Rugby In Nigeria (Pics) by emerged01(m): 1:31pm On Oct 21, 2023
merits:

And you must fit,I tried to play it in South Africa those days Omo the running round the field no be here very tedious game
I'm telling you. People wey dey play rugby build differently. The players must be rug-ged,may reason it was named rug-by.

1 Like

Re: Tunde Delu Organises Three-Team Competition To Promote Rugby In Nigeria (Pics) by Leun: 3:09pm On Oct 21, 2023
phemmyfour:
Lol...Every Country has their fortress in different sports. Its not about "can do spirit ". It didn't just appeal to us like other ball games

Appeal to us? Some sports are not active because they don't exist in Nigeria, no chance for people to actual try them.
Re: Tunde Delu Organises Three-Team Competition To Promote Rugby In Nigeria (Pics) by PHAYOL81: 3:46pm On Oct 21, 2023
If only our state government can support this sport, there's a big gain in it especially considering the strenght and adaptable technicality of our resilient youth.

1 Like

Re: Tunde Delu Organises Three-Team Competition To Promote Rugby In Nigeria (Pics) by Discountsempai: 4:10pm On Oct 21, 2023
emerged01:

I'm telling you. People wey dey play rugby build differently. The players must be rug-ged,may reason it was named rug-by.
grin

No, it is named after the English town of Rugby where a famous old British school, rumoured to be where the game originated from, is located

Even then, your theory makes sense. Rugged bility = rug-by!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Algeria, Ghana,South Africa, Senegal - AFCON 2015 Group C / Beautiful Mosque Built By Bayern Munich Football Club (pics) / Which Sport Do You Dislike The Most?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.