Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,662 members, 7,816,698 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays (39647 Views)

Japa: Nigerians Flood Foreign Embassies As Economic Hardship Bites Harder / Can 1m Really Take Someone Out Of This Country. / Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays by Ppogbae: 2:12pm On Oct 25, 2023
Then stop wasting time and japa now!

3 Likes

Re: It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays by RapistOnBail: 2:13pm On Oct 25, 2023
Businesses are feeling it...

1 Like

Re: It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays by nathdim: 2:14pm On Oct 25, 2023
Re: It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays by happney65: 2:14pm On Oct 25, 2023
Flight?

Have you tried God is good motors? undecided

6 Likes

Re: It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays by Karleb(m): 2:14pm On Oct 25, 2023
It's more expensive to live in Nigeria.

This country might cost a good life, good health care, sound education, great exposure and if care isn't taken, your life.

15 Likes

Re: It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays by phemmyfour: 2:15pm On Oct 25, 2023
Chingyyy878:
It’s getting more expensive, flight tickets alone na the entire money as at last 5yrs ago.

People wey don go no know wetin God do for them.

It’s crazy !
It will get worse from next year...go if you can now. There was no time it was easy. People wey don go sacrifices a lot too, sold land, house etc

6 Likes

Re: It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays by Inspirer1: 2:15pm On Oct 25, 2023
Not worth it
Re: It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays by finallybusy: 2:16pm On Oct 25, 2023
It's the same with those that way. Coming to visit takes a lot from them financially. I thought it was only us who suffered this. Lai lai, e dey touch everybody.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays by hefelove(m): 2:18pm On Oct 25, 2023
God go help us o

Abeg I need a car for rental to be use for (uber and bolt business), to deliver weekly.

I’m ready to start work immediately.

If you are an intending investor/partner and you are willing to invest in uber/bolt business in Lagos

I will handle your car with utmost care and you will have good return on your investment.

I am ready to pay weekly as agreed without any stories.

I will provide verifiable guarantor as needed.

car security is guaranteed.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays by Cmanforall: 2:18pm On Oct 25, 2023
Chingyyy878:
It’s getting more expensive, flight tickets alone na the entire money as at last 5yrs ago.

People wey don go no know wetin God do for them.

It’s crazy !
Also cost of things are on the high side

3 Likes

Re: It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays by Illegal1(m): 2:20pm On Oct 25, 2023
Akano5:
It's not a most to enter places with expensive tickets, there are still places with low tickets rates.

omoh.............places lyk were?

to japa dn dey hungry me small small

1 Like

Re: It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays by wittywriter: 2:21pm On Oct 25, 2023
Akano5:

sure, i'm talking about the onces with friendly immigration policy like Qatar, Saudi few others. Not the likes of Tunisia, Morroco, Egypt, Yemen, Libya, Iraq, Iran and others.
Are you and your friend done with getting international passport?
Oboto700:
Na you know Sabi the way..my .
M.d and his wife left last week with thier children.. dey play
Exactly...
Akano5:

Not yet ma, we haven't start the process...
Make sure your NIN information is intact.
Akano5:

It's intact -- no error ma.
Good to know.

Wittyness.
Re: It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays by ednut1(m): 2:22pm On Oct 25, 2023
True, my ticket to Uk was 80k in 2005. Belview airlines . My original ticket to Canada ( got cancelled due to covid) was 230k in 2020.

14 Likes

Re: It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays by Johnrake69: 2:22pm On Oct 25, 2023
Where Una wan run go? The country you’re running to na their citizens stay fight for am.

Stay in Nigeria and fight for your country.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays by osazsky(m): 2:24pm On Oct 25, 2023
Johnrake69:
Where Una wan run go? The country you’re running to na their citizens stay fight for am.

Stay in Nigeria and fight for your country.
ok

5 Likes

Re: It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays by ogaontop(m): 2:24pm On Oct 25, 2023
aWITNESS:
Truth be told, I can't thank my God enough. As of June 2022, I needed to show 10k CAD(NGN3.5m with CBN rate) in my account for living expenses as a student. I knew what it took me to raise that amount. As of today, that same amount is about NGN8.5M.

I wonder what I would have done if God didn't come through for me.
Current Canadian immigration exchange rate is around 600 Naira per $CAD

8 Likes

Re: It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays by Blitzking: 2:26pm On Oct 25, 2023
ednut1:
True, my ticket to Uk was 80k in 2005. Belview airlines . My original ticket to Canada ( got cancelled due to covid) was 230k in 2020.
damn..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays by emmabest2000(m): 2:26pm On Oct 25, 2023
Chingyyy878:
Dollar rate dey increase everyday, money saved for japa is becoming worthless. Abeg make una advice me

Start saving your money in dollar

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays by Mcslize: 2:27pm On Oct 25, 2023
happney65:
Flight?

How is their service? Hope roads are safe and free of Herds men. Flight I saw that was 55k to 66k early this month is now 100k plus.

Booking the GIG executive bus with AC won't be a bad idea.

4 Likes

Re: It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays by Papayaayasager(m): 2:28pm On Oct 25, 2023
If Japa is not working upgrade to Japa promax.

5 Likes

Re: It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays by Artiiclebeast: 2:28pm On Oct 25, 2023
Buckle up for the bumper ride ahead, folks.

6 Likes

Re: It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays by Adewale1603(m): 2:29pm On Oct 25, 2023
When we told you that tinubu is buhari pro max. You didn't believe

11 Likes

Re: It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays by makavellidon: 2:33pm On Oct 25, 2023
Akano5:
It's not a most to enter places with expensive tickets, there are still places with low tickets rates.
can you mention please
Re: It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays by InvertedHammer: 2:33pm On Oct 25, 2023
aWITNESS:
Truth be told, I can't thank my God enough. As of June 2022, I needed to show 10k CAD(NGN3.5m with CBN rate) in my account for living expenses as a student. I knew what it took me to raise that amount. As of today, that same amount is about NGN8.5M.

/

Last year when US Fed signalled intent to start raising rates, I posted here that anyone with interest abroad with large account balance in Nigeria is a slowpoke. Children of hate pounced on the statement and cursed their ancestors.

N10m @ N450/$ was $22,200.
N10m @ N1230/$ is $8,130.
Those with business in Nigeria who intended to repatriate funds abroad have had their wealth wiped out before their eyes.

But if the fund was kept in $, today it will be $22,200 x N1230 = N27.3 million without lifting a finger.

Go figure!

All the pro Tinubu suckers no get mouth to talk again. Campaign and false promises are over. Time to live the reality. Do you think McOluomo is feeling the pinch? No! He and his family will be ok. It reminds one of the popular saying, " person wey dey use him head break coconut no dey follow chop am" grin grin grin
/

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays by CorrectionFLuid: 2:33pm On Oct 25, 2023
jospepper:
Moving out to where exactly? Stay and enjoy your 'thumb' work o jare.

You thumb printed the wrong people into power now you want to run and leave us behind?

You never chii chum chin .
You people should stop saying this. Making it look like Tinubu actually won the election.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays by TOPCRUISE(m): 2:35pm On Oct 25, 2023
Akano5:

It still won't stop me even if it's to enter any Arab countries
Palestinian and Afghanistan visa are now gifted in the embassy in Lagos with little cost. Just go and collect yours. Thank me later. cool

2 Likes

Re: It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays by Slimplush: 2:35pm On Oct 25, 2023
Akano5:

sure, i'm talking about the onces with friendly immigration policy like Qatar, Saudi few others. Not the likes of Tunisia, Morroco, Egypt, Yemen, Libya, Iraq, Iran and others.
Scrap Saudi Arabia out of that..... Just like the guy advice you, be careful and don't let desperation land you into problem that's hellish than where you are coming from

Be warned!!!

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays by Truthshscrazy: 2:35pm On Oct 25, 2023
aWITNESS:

cool
Re: It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays by Truthshscrazy: 2:36pm On Oct 25, 2023
InvertedHammer:

/

Last year when US Fed signalled intent to start raising rates, I posted here that anyone with interest abroad with large account balance in Nigeria is a slowpoke. Children of hate pounced on the statement and cursed their ancestors.

N10m @ N450/$ was $22,200.
N10m @ N1230/$ is $8,130.

Those with business in Nigeria who intended to repatriate funds abroad have had their wealth wiped out before their eyes.

But if the fund was kept in $, today it will be $22,200 x N1230 = N27.3 million without lifting a finger.

Go figure!

/
cool

1 Like

Re: It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays by PoliteActivist: 2:37pm On Oct 25, 2023
nathdim:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRUs_xumqes?si=dAT3jzK0Yx3HmVDy
Iran is ok

Iran is ok my ass. Is this real Iran? Showing the same short clip of a small area over and over. You can do same with Naija too!
Looks like something staged. And who even knows when this was even taped

3 Likes

Re: It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays by Obierika(m): 2:38pm On Oct 25, 2023
happney65:
Flight?

grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Journalist Colin Freeman And A Nigerian Hotel (Photo) / 10 Things Nigerians Are Doing Better Than Other Africans / Why Is Lagos Blue Line Train Being Pulled By A Diesel Locomotive?—John Ashbourne

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.